Start by marking “Unmasking Kelsey” as Want to Read:
Unmasking Kelsey

Unmasking Kelsey (Hagen #6)

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  652 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
All is not as it seems as a daring undercover agent and an unconventional southern belle mix business with pleasure in this classic story of romance and suspense from New York Times bestselling author Kay Hooper.

Kelsey has come to the idyllic southern town of Pinnacle to investigate a shady company called Meditron, which has a ruthless way of getting what it wants—or so
Published April 24th 2012 by Bantam (first published February 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Unmasking Kelsey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unmasking Kelsey

Sheila Melo
Oct 12, 2015 Sheila Melo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1980s Category Romance that Has Fun Characters

FINAL DECISION: UNMASKING KELSEY is not a deep book, but it is a fun read. I love the uncomplicated nature of this book. Things are simple, the bad guys obvious and the good guys are really good.

THE STORY: Kelsey has been an agent for fifteen years. He's been sent to a small town to investigate what is going on. There he meets Elizabeth Conner, who has been raising her three younger sisters since the death of their parents. Kelsey knows that he wants
May Mostly Romance
Oct 16, 2012 May Mostly Romance rated it it was ok
Shelves: category
Unmasking Kelsey ของเคย ฮูเปอร

เลมนีถานับตามชุด ถือเปนเลมทีหานะคะ แตถาหากนักเอา In Serena's Web เขาไปดวย กถือเปนเลมทีหกคะ เลมนีเปนเรืองราวของชายปริศนาผูเปนคูหูของนางเอกเลมแรกในชุด (เรเวน จาก Raven on the Wing) ทีในทีสุดคนอานกไดมองเหนตัวตนเบืองหลังฉากหนาทีมีเสนหของเขาเสียที

เคลซียหนึงในสายลับมือหนึงขององคกรลับสุดยอด (ทีในเรืองไมไดใหขอมูลไววา สังกัดหนวยงานไหนกันแน) ไดถูกสงมาทีเมืองเลก ๆ ทีมีชือวาพินนาเคล หลังจากไดรับการติดตอจากคนลึกลับเกียวกับเรืองไมชอบมาพากลทีเกิดขึนในเมืองแหงนัน

ทีนันเขาไดพบกับอลิ
Cindy
Jun 17, 2012 Cindy rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: thoes who have absolutely nothing left to read
Shelves: 2012-books
I really enjoyed Hooper's Special Crimes Unit series. I mistakingly thought this would be on the same level. Darn my obsession with not leaving a book unfinished! When searching for the book to add here, I found that it was originally a "Loveswept" book. Darn publishers who republish books with covers that look new!
Jessica
Apr 13, 2016 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-of-2016
This book is everything wrong with romance novels. An unbelievable romance, one dimensional characters, dumb cliches, the works. I felt brain cells dying with every bland, uninteresting page. Everything in this book was rushed, the romance, the buildup and the climax. There is absolutely no saving grace for this complete waste of pages. I hate everything about this book and books like it. It's why I rarely read romance, I am afraid of reading something so completely awful as this piece of....wor ...more
Ellen (more books, please)
I am a big Kay Hooper fan. While perusing the "shelves" via Overdrive of the Free Library of Philadelphia, I stumbled upon this book. The "cover " shown was very reminiscent of the Bishop series, a series that I have enjoyed for the most part. I have really been wanting more in that series. Seeing this book, I thought it might be part of a new Bishop-type series.
I got it, read it, and was very disappointed by it. Little depth, not much plot. Situations are presented, dealt with. Emotions are pre
Pamela
Apr 15, 2014 Pamela rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
This was an FBI mystery, and love story about a small town, that was hiding a big secret. I loved the flow of the book, and the ending was great..It was a quick read for me, and I zipped right through it. I love Kay Hooper, and her books never disappoint. The characters were well thought out, and I liked the young woman, Elizabeth Conner. The hero, one among many was Kelsey, who had been an agent for yrs. and had secrets of his own to work through......
Ruth McCoy
Nov 29, 2014 Ruth McCoy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

I have read a lot of Kay Hooper's books. I love her series. I wasn't sure what to think about this one but was immediately drawn to the characters and what was happening with them. I was shocked that this was #6 in the series,I thought it was the first. I know that I will look for the rest of them and hope they are as good as this one.
Tammy
May 05, 2014 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another romance with Kelsey as a federal agent sent in to find out what is going on in a small town that sent a gal calling the FBI to say her sister was kidnapped. Kelsey meets Elizabeth and the sizzle begins for them. Kelsey is undercover but getting to know Elizabeth and finding that her sister is the one kidnapped makes things interesting. Quite a trip.
Cynthiaj
Apr 17, 2014 Cynthiaj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Picked this audio version up because I needed one for my drive to work and the one I put on hold wasn't in at the library when I dropped by in a hurry. So for the amount of time I put into finding it, the book was pretty reasonable. A classic of the genre with no great surprises or twists. But that isn't why one "reads" these books.
Minie
Nov 07, 2013 Minie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It must be me.. The last 3 books I've picked up, 50 pages in and I feel like my brain is being grated with bad storylines and I'm madly in love with you for no damn reason after a first glance....

Maybe I need to stop reading for awhile. Go to nonfiction or some self help books.. Be it romance/fantasy/paranormal.. Just doesn't do it for me anymore. I need something GREAT to read!! Soon!!

So enough about me and cheese grating brains... This storyline? Horrible.

If u like cheesy it's never happene
Maddie Brandt
Very cheesy and I began skipping through it towards the end. Luckily it wasn't all that long.
Lana
Jan 10, 2015 Lana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little worried when I saw the sisters names. however, it turned out to be a great light read.
Pamela Rabon
May 03, 2015 Pamela Rabon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this one. Flowed quickly thru the story.
Linda Smatzny
Jun 28, 2016 Linda Smatzny rated it liked it
The main character is Kelsey, an undercover agent, who is sent to a small southern town. While there he meets Elizabeth who get under his skin. This book is more romance and less suspense. The book was a fast easy read.
Heckmom
Nov 29, 2014 Heckmom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
quick easy read
Brittany
Typical
Carol
My online library has a much better cover for the book which is why I picked it up. Had the good reads cover been on there I may have flicked straight past it.

I realise this was a short book but it could have done with more mystery. I liked the "laugh" at all the cliches since there were so many of them that it was entertaining in a quick roll your eyes sort of way.

I actually found the book quite funny and was a good diversion for a few hours.

A very quick read.
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
Hagen has no clue what he has sent his main man in to. Kelsey falls hard and fast and in the process had to answer a very difficult question. A question that is not all that easy to answer in simple terms. Beth is unsure of who this man is let alone if she can trust him. I have been waiting on Kelsey's story and now that I have it. I find it was worth the wait.
Randy Holmberg
Jul 11, 2012 Randy Holmberg rated it it was ok
So I've enjoyed the Hagen series thus far...sure they are incredibly formulaic, but they they are a quick and easy read. This one though was pretty boring. Nothing happened. NO action whatsoever. Only in the series I haven't enjoyed. I found myself forcing myself through it. Feel free to skip it and go onto the next one.
Stephies
Nov 15, 2012 Stephies rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
what a horrible book. I thought it was going to be a mystery but it turned out to be such a ill- thought out trashy romance novel. it wasn't even a novel-- it was an ill-conceived (no pun intended) piece of crap, I am actually kind of embarrassed to admit I read it.
Whitney Kovalenko
Jun 19, 2012 Whitney Kovalenko rated it liked it
I needed a very quick read, and this was it! Didn't take but one good nap time. First Kay Hooper book, wasn't too impressed, thought it was more mysterious looking, would have liked a deeper mystery, and a little less romance.
Nurse Lisa in Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
stupid looking cover (here) for a surprisingly good read.

i really dig kay hooper...she has a really cool writing style that keeps me interested, even when the story turns towards romantic. :-)
Kristin
Dec 28, 2012 Kristin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Liked another series that Kay hooper wrote so thought I would try this book. Kind of disappointing, cheesy and not much suspense, needless to say kind of disappointed. :(
Bea
I got about halfway through because I was into the mystery and Kelsey was interesting but I just couldn't buy into the romance, utterly unbelievable.
Natasha  A.
Have you ever read a book, and just got to a point where the absurd was outweighing the time PR into reading? I got to 86% and had to put it down.
Joni Thornton nelson
I was quite disappointed in this as I have always liked Kay, but it also could have been the annoying voice used in the audio version
Laura Beasley
Sep 28, 2012 Laura Beasley rated it it was ok
ok story. more love story than mystery. needed more substance to the story. was a quick read. not one of Kay Hooper's best.
Pam Hall
Jan 08, 2014 Pam Hall rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Having a hard time staying with this one. May have to put it down and move on. Not enough going on to keep my attention.
Linda
Apr 14, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book - fast moving - brings in all the other characters from the Hagen books - has a great ending, I think!
  • A Game of Chances (Farmingdale Gentleman's Club, #1)
  • Shattered
  • Gun-Shy Bride
  • Heart's Ease
  • Murder Sends a Postcard (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #3)
  • Honeybone (Honeybone, #1)
  • The Sinister Touch (Guinevere Jones, #3)
  • Tropical Heat (T-FLAC, #11.5)
  • Flashback
  • Yang Hadir Kemudian / The Husband Assignment
  • Worth the Trip
  • The Relatives (Virtue Falls #1.5)
  • Oceans Apart (Separate Ways, #2)
  • Slow Heat (The Bounty Hunters, #5)
  • Ferris' Bluff
  • Big Cypress Crossroads
  • Whisper of Warning (The Glass Sisters, #2)
  • Hidden Love
Kay Hooper was born in California, in an air force base hospital since her father was stationed there at the time. The family moved back to North Carolina shortly afterward, so she was raised and went to school there.
The oldest of three children, Kay has a brother two years younger and a sister seven years younger. Her father and brother are builders who own a highly respected construction compan
More about Kay Hooper...

Hagen (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • In Serena's Web (Hagen Series #1)
  • Raven On The Wing (Hagen Series #2)
  • Rafferty's Wife (Hagen Series #3)
  • Zach's Law (Hagen Series #4)
  • The Fall of Lucas Kendrick (Hagen Series #5)
  • Outlaw Derek (Hagen Series #7)
  • Shades Of Gray (Hagen Series #8)
  • Captain's Paradise (Hagen Series #9)
  • It Takes A Thief (Hagen Series #10)
  • Aces High (Hagen Series #11)