Good Vibrations: Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie

Good Vibrations: Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"A truly inspirational read."

"Good Vibrations does exactly what it says on the tin. That's exactly what I felt when I read it. It'll entertain, amuse and inform a host of aspirant travelers and armchair explorers like myself."

"The author writes with warmth and wit, and does an excellent job of capturing every emotion, every landscape."

"If this book doesn't inspire the read...more
Published (first published August 15th 2011)

Mark Bell
It sounds like there's a long list of books not to buy if you're looking for a turn-by-turn account of the Eurovelo-5 route, and this book belongs on that list. This is a good description of travelling through Europe by bicycle. It is inspiring (I think that's why my wife hid it!).. Looking forward to Andrew's next trip!
Jacqueline
Andrew is a teacher who decided to put his summer holiday to good use by cycling from Reading in Berkshire, through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland and into and through Italy. That is 3,300km following the Eurovelo 5 route, alone, unless of course you include Reggie, his bike. Now as I am the sort of person who names her cars and even her central heating boiler, I love that Andrew named his bike and it really added an extra something to the book for me.

For 30 cycling days in 36...more
Kerry
How interesting can a blog about somebody’s summer holiday be. Can a whole book of get on bike, ride, get off bike, sleep, repeat really hold your attention?

Well…….yes. This book is an inspiring and interesting read which I breezed through in no time.

I see there is a follow up coming and I will definitely be in for round two.
Dan Sumption
A lovely little travelogue, by an initially quite nervous cyclist taking his first real long-distance ride, from Reading to the south of Italy. It's rather pooterish at points, and sometimes heavy on detail, but all the same it was a delight to read: I breezed through it and immediately found myself dreaming of one day setting off on all manner of similar two-wheeled adventures.
Tom Cunliffe
A remarkable achievement in cycling so far in such a short space of time. But perhaps not written by the most interesting of people - the book is a little, dare I say, "pedestrian" and lacks sparkle.
Kenneth
I enjoyed this book. It made me feel that I need to get off my butt and go on my own adventure.
Jeannette
Oct 26, 2013 Jeannette marked it as to-read
I have the book!
Niall
Niall is currently reading it
May 22, 2014
Dzmitry
Dzmitry marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Carolyn Norton
Carolyn Norton marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Ollywonka
Ollywonka is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2013
Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie Good Vibrations: Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie Edexcel AS Economics Unit 2 Workbook: Managing the Economy Good Vibrations: Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie