Start by marking “Polar Bear Plunge” as Want to Read:
Polar Bear Plunge

Polar Bear Plunge

4.54 of 5 stars 4.54  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Polar Bear Plunge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polar Bear Plunge

Paula  Phillips
This Christmas Aleni is about to step into the unknown as while on ER duty , she meets Brice Taylor, one of the contestants for the local Polar Bear Plunge. Brice Taylor however isn't just your average Joe Bloggs though , he was a Soldier and during the war in Afghanistan his troop was attacked and Brice survived and then wrote a book about it. For Aleni, though this brings back too many memories as she lost her husband Eli two years ago. Eli was also a soldier who was on tour. As the book goes ...more
Marji Laine
I have to tell you, this story was not only the perfect length, it gave me the perfect mix of emotions. I found myself immediately drawn into the story by the frustration of an overworked nurse and the guy described as "hot" even though he'd nearly frozen to death. The underlying hints of deeper stories and the connection with servicemen kept me enthralled.

All of that, a pre-schooler and two spirited huskies! Dogs and kids. Who could pass that up?

Believable characters and realistic reactions ste
Donna Winters
Brice Taylor hits his head during the Polar Bear Plunge, ends up in the emergency room, and in the care of Aleni Callan, a widow of the Afghanistan conflict. Christmas brings painful memories, and longings for her husband, Eli. Brice has his own memories of failed operations in Afghanistan and the loss of a woman he was trying to protect. Circumstances bring Aleni and Brice closer together than either expected when he was suffering in the hospital. This story delivers great pacing, warmth, humor ...more
Karls
What a fun, quick read! Absolutely loved it.
Suzanne Hartmann
Wonderful, fun Christmas story!
Cynthia
Three and a half stars. You'll enjoy spending time with Brice and Aleni for Christmas. The setting is very cozy, which is part of the appeal of this book, but Glaz also has a knack for creating believable characters who are just plain doomed to fall for one another. One critical portion of this book seemed very rushed to me, but don't let that stop you if you're looking for a quick, fun romance with a good dose of Christmas.
June
As usual, Linda Glaz wrote a fantastic story that warms the heart and helps us to see the good in life. Two people who were determined to never need someone to love romantically find that they can't fight the feelings when they show up. Totally loved the characters and their stories. For a novella, I felt she did a fine job of writing her characters so we knew who they were.
LoRee Peery
I expected humor, based on the title, but really enjoyed this emotionally charged story.
Darlene Ferland
I really enjoyed Ms. Glaz's book. It is a good read at Christmas time,.
Joanne Sher
A fun, romantic, delightful easy read.
Liz Lovesrainbows
sweet with a happy ending!!
Peni
Peni marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Becka
Becka added it
Jan 04, 2013
The Substitute Bride The Preacher's New Family Bride by Necessity With Eyes of Love Always, Abby