Start by marking “The Story Shell (Friendship Bog, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Story Shell (Friendship Bog, #2)

The Story Shell ((Friendship Bog #2)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  18 reviews
"Thoroughly enjoyable. Will be looking into more works by this author for the kids in my life." ...graysongbird Overview of THE STORY SHELL Gaffer's story shell, the delight of Friendship Bog, has disappeared. Did someone steal it? Do those very large tracks belong to a thief? If only Leeper were here, that brave, strong frog would have a plan. But now it's up to Pibbin, a ...more
Published June 30th 2011 by MTL Resources LLC (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Story Shell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story Shell

Diane Rapp
Courage isn’t limited by size.

Have you ever seen a tree frog in real life? The tiny creatures climb on our windows in Texas, and I'm always amazed at how small they are--barely two inches from top to toe. In Puerto Rico the red-eyed tree frog is considered a national treasure and photographed often. I believe Pibbin should be declared a treasure to his community of Friendship Bog.

Although Pibbin is tiny, he's got a big heart and lots of courage. Gaffer's birthday party is on the verge of ruin be
RobinLeigh Morgan
I bought a copy of this book to support a fellow member of the internet support group I belong to [Rave Reviews by Nonnie Jules [http://tinyurl.com/mqo65sj ]

Being a Book Reviewer affords the opportunity to choose to read/review books from practically every genre imaginable which is why I decided to go from reading my first real erotic romance to a children’s book with wonderful full color illustrations.

While on the surface the story seems to be about a community of animal friends who live in an
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
The Story Shell by Gloria Repp
We are back for Pibbin's new adventure in book two of The Tales of Friendship Bog.

There is a birthday party being planned and all of Friendship Bog are anticipating stories the old treefrog Gaffer will share with his friends at the party. But as they are cleaning and preparing things at Gaffer's home Skitter the lizard puts the story shell out on Gaffer's deck only to be stolen. Pibbin is determined to find the thief and bring the story shell back before the party begins. Pibbin still fears he
Deanna Gottreu
The Story Shell by Gloria Repp is the second book in the Pibbin series and is just as delightful a story as the first book. As the book opens, Gaffer is preparing for his birthday party to be held that night and unlike most birthday parties, the birthday person gives gifts to all his/her friends. However, there is a big problem, Gaffer’s story shell is missing. He always has the shell beside him when he is telling a story. Pibbin comes to visit Gaffer and learns that the shell is missing. When h ...more
Michelle
I was given the privileged to review The Friendship Bog Series, by Gloria Repp. Pibbin the Small, The Story Shell and Trapped are the first three books in the series, and my daughter I hope they won’t be the last. Each of the books have beautiful illustrations, heart-warming characters, and a sweet message of hope and encouragement The author does a wonderful job of creating characters that grab will grab both you and your child’s heart.

In The Story Shell, Gaffer’s wonderful story shell has disa
Tima
Gaffer's story shell has disappeared. It's Gaffer's birthday and it just won't be the same without his story shell. So little Pibbin needs to find the shell and save the birthday. But complications keep making his mission more difficult.

Children will love this story. The cute little characters, simple drawings and smooth flowing story will keep them entertained and engaged. The website on the back of the book allows for more interaction from the readers. My children are almost 4 and 6 years old
Melissa
It's a children's book! As an adult trying to judge if it would interest my children, I'll rate it two. The main animal characters may have also contributed to my low rating. Frogs are among my least favorite.

It's Gaffer's birthday party and on such occasions, friends gather to hear stories from the best storyteller there is in Friendship Bog--Gaffer. But his story shell is missing and so Pibbin sets out to find it in time for the party. His search led him to scary places and circumstances. Wit
Jackie Wolfred
Review of "The Story Shell" by Gloria Repp

This second book in a series is about the adventures of Pibbin the Small, a tree frog, who lives near Friendship Bog. This story is about Gaffer's missing story shell. It is Gaffer's birthday. A party has been planned, and as is the tradition, Gaffer is planning to tell a special story using his story shell. The problem is, somehow the shell went missing.

What will it take to retrieve the shell, once it is determined who took it and what happened to it? P
Amanda Penland
This book is a great bedtime story and chapter book for children. Pibbin yet again proves he may be a little frog but he can do big things. He sets out to find his friend Gaffer's story shell. All the while being captured by a beaver, hiding from a dog, and even having to leaving his injured friend Leeper behind. This book teaches kids they can do big things when they set there mind to it. It's a book any age would enjoy. We all gathered around at night just to see what new challenge Pibbin was ...more
Mary
Cute story of friendship and perseverance.
Bethany
The story Shell is the second story of the friendship bog series. I think the story line is a little to predicable, like how pibblin is always the one saving people and saving the day, i think the stories should change a little so other people in the story would be the main person who saves the day. It Is a great story though all in all. I would recommened this story for younger kids who are just beginning to read.
I was not made to write a good review only to voive my opinion on the book, i rec
Diana Montgomery
Very cute book! Pippin is excited about the big birthday party night especially about story time. Story time is at night and there is a big shell everyone sits around. The others think the stories come out of the shell. But pippin goes to Gaffer's he is the one who has the shell and tells the stories. Come to find out the shell is missing. Where could it have gone? I'm gonna let you get the book and find the answer to this question. Has a lot of adventure.
Charlotte
I got this book because I liked the cover and wanted to see the illustrations inside. The illustrations did not disappoint me. Since I downloaded the book to my Kindle, I also read the story and found it delightful for young children. I enjoyed reading to my own children when they were young and this time read this book for the child in me.
Cindi
This is the second book in the Friendship Bog series.

Pibbin's friend, Gaffer, has his story shell disappear. Was it stolen? Pibbin sets out to follow the clues to solve the mystery.

This is an enjoyable story that kids will love.

I received a copy of this book directly from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Karen
Great children's story book. Quick chapters that will hold a child's interest, with the story being long enough to read over a few days. Having the actual pictures of the frogs helps to visualize the story.
Betty Macy
Fabulous Illustrations. Kids will probably enjoy this story. As an adult I found it to be so so, but the illustrations are amazing.
Kim Cano
Great kids book. It shows how even a small animal can be brave and deal with life's big challenges. The illustrations are beautiful too.
Angela
I read this one with my daughter. We both loved it!
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Wendy Dwight
Wendy Dwight marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Cathyr
Cathyr marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Jeff Fisher
Jeff Fisher marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

(Friendship Bog (2 books)
  • Pibbin the Small: A Tale of Friendship Bog
Mice of the Herring Bone Mice of the Nine Lives Mice of the Seven Seas Tales from Dust River Gulch More Tales from Dust River Gulch