Start by marking “The Story Shell (Friendship Bog, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Story Shell (Friendship Bog, #2)

The Story Shell ((Friendship Bog #2)

Pibbin the treefrog's adventures continue! Gaffer's wonderful story shell has disappeared. Is there a thief in Friendship Bog?
It's up to Pibbin to track down those tracks, find the shell, and solve the mystery . . . alone!
Book 2 in TALES OF FRIENDSHIP BOG.
~Color illustrations, map, and reference frog photos.
~An easy-to-read adventure for ages 7 and up.
~Also available as pa
Published June 30th 2011 by MTL Resources LLC (first published March 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Story Shell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story Shell

Diane Rapp
Jun 15, 2012 Diane Rapp rated it it was amazing
Courage isn’t limited by size.

Have you ever seen a tree frog in real life? The tiny creatures climb on our windows in Texas, and I'm always amazed at how small they are--barely two inches from top to toe. In Puerto Rico the red-eyed tree frog is considered a national treasure and photographed often. I believe Pibbin should be declared a treasure to his community of Friendship Bog.

Although Pibbin is tiny, he's got a big heart and lots of courage. Gaffer's birthday party is on the verge of ruin be
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
The Story Shell by Gloria Repp
We are back for Pibbin's new adventure in book two of The Tales of Friendship Bog.

There is a birthday party being planned and all of Friendship Bog are anticipating stories the old treefrog Gaffer will share with his friends at the party. But as they are cleaning and preparing things at Gaffer's home Skitter the lizard puts the story shell out on Gaffer's deck only to be stolen. Pibbin is determined to find the thief and bring the story shell back before the party begins. Pibbin still fears he
RobinLeigh Morgan
Jan 05, 2015 RobinLeigh Morgan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-own-books
I bought a copy of this book to support a fellow member of the internet support group I belong to [Rave Reviews by Nonnie Jules [http://tinyurl.com/mqo65sj ]

Being a Book Reviewer affords the opportunity to choose to read/review books from practically every genre imaginable which is why I decided to go from reading my first real erotic romance to a children’s book with wonderful full color illustrations.

While on the surface the story seems to be about a community of animal friends who live in an
Deanna Gottreu
Mar 03, 2014 Deanna Gottreu rated it it was amazing
The Story Shell by Gloria Repp is the second book in the Pibbin series and is just as delightful a story as the first book. As the book opens, Gaffer is preparing for his birthday party to be held that night and unlike most birthday parties, the birthday person gives gifts to all his/her friends. However, there is a big problem, Gaffer’s story shell is missing. He always has the shell beside him when he is telling a story. Pibbin comes to visit Gaffer and learns that the shell is missing. When h ...more
Michelle
May 10, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I was given the privileged to review The Friendship Bog Series, by Gloria Repp. Pibbin the Small, The Story Shell and Trapped are the first three books in the series, and my daughter I hope they won’t be the last. Each of the books have beautiful illustrations, heart-warming characters, and a sweet message of hope and encouragement The author does a wonderful job of creating characters that grab will grab both you and your child’s heart.

In The Story Shell, Gaffer’s wonderful story shell has disa
Tima
Oct 07, 2012 Tima rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Gaffer's story shell has disappeared. It's Gaffer's birthday and it just won't be the same without his story shell. So little Pibbin needs to find the shell and save the birthday. But complications keep making his mission more difficult.

Children will love this story. The cute little characters, simple drawings and smooth flowing story will keep them entertained and engaged. The website on the back of the book allows for more interaction from the readers. My children are almost 4 and 6 years old
Melissa
Jul 09, 2013 Melissa rated it it was ok
It's a children's book! As an adult trying to judge if it would interest my children, I'll rate it two. The main animal characters may have also contributed to my low rating. Frogs are among my least favorite.

It's Gaffer's birthday party and on such occasions, friends gather to hear stories from the best storyteller there is in Friendship Bog--Gaffer. But his story shell is missing and so Pibbin sets out to find it in time for the party. His search led him to scary places and circumstances. Wit
Jackie Wolfred
Apr 30, 2013 Jackie Wolfred rated it really liked it
Review of "The Story Shell" by Gloria Repp

This second book in a series is about the adventures of Pibbin the Small, a tree frog, who lives near Friendship Bog. This story is about Gaffer's missing story shell. It is Gaffer's birthday. A party has been planned, and as is the tradition, Gaffer is planning to tell a special story using his story shell. The problem is, somehow the shell went missing.

What will it take to retrieve the shell, once it is determined who took it and what happened to it? P
Bethany
Apr 07, 2013 Bethany rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story Shell is the second story of the friendship bog series. I think the story line is a little to predicable, like how pibblin is always the one saving people and saving the day, i think the stories should change a little so other people in the story would be the main person who saves the day. It Is a great story though all in all. I would recommened this story for younger kids who are just beginning to read.
I was not made to write a good review only to voive my opinion on the book, i rec
Amanda Penland
Feb 23, 2013 Amanda Penland rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is a great bedtime story and chapter book for children. Pibbin yet again proves he may be a little frog but he can do big things. He sets out to find his friend Gaffer's story shell. All the while being captured by a beaver, hiding from a dog, and even having to leaving his injured friend Leeper behind. This book teaches kids they can do big things when they set there mind to it. It's a book any age would enjoy. We all gathered around at night just to see what new challenge Pibbin was ...more
Diana Montgomery
Mar 28, 2013 Diana Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Very cute book! Pippin is excited about the big birthday party night especially about story time. Story time is at night and there is a big shell everyone sits around. The others think the stories come out of the shell. But pippin goes to Gaffer's he is the one who has the shell and tells the stories. Come to find out the shell is missing. Where could it have gone? I'm gonna let you get the book and find the answer to this question. Has a lot of adventure.
Cindi
May 04, 2013 Cindi rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Friendship Bog series.

Pibbin's friend, Gaffer, has his story shell disappear. Was it stolen? Pibbin sets out to follow the clues to solve the mystery.

This is an enjoyable story that kids will love.

I received a copy of this book directly from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Charlotte
Jun 05, 2013 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
I got this book because I liked the cover and wanted to see the illustrations inside. The illustrations did not disappoint me. Since I downloaded the book to my Kindle, I also read the story and found it delightful for young children. I enjoyed reading to my own children when they were young and this time read this book for the child in me.
Karen
Mar 16, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Great children's story book. Quick chapters that will hold a child's interest, with the story being long enough to read over a few days. Having the actual pictures of the frogs helps to visualize the story.
Kim Cano
Jul 25, 2012 Kim Cano rated it it was amazing
Great kids book. It shows how even a small animal can be brave and deal with life's big challenges. The illustrations are beautiful too.
Mary
Mar 26, 2014 Mary rated it really liked it
Cute story of friendship and perseverance.
Angela
Sep 08, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
I read this one with my daughter. We both loved it!
Betty Macy
Nov 24, 2013 Betty Macy rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned
Fabulous Illustrations. Kids will probably enjoy this story. As an adult I found it to be so so, but the illustrations are amazing.
Cataline
Cataline rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Kath
Kath rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2013
Laura rated it liked it
May 29, 2013
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Kelly Ballenger
Kelly Ballenger rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Myah McTear
Myah McTear rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2017
Clay Simpson
Clay Simpson rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
May 24, 2017
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2013
Michelle D Osburn
Michelle D Osburn rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Carolyn Cooper
Carolyn Cooper rated it really liked it
May 24, 2012

(Friendship Bog (2 books)
  • Pibbin the Small: A Tale of Friendship Bog