Start by marking “A Vampire's Christmas Carol” as Want to Read:
A Vampire's Christmas Carol

A Vampire's Christmas Carol

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Ebook Short Description
On her way to her family's home on Christmas Eve, Carol Prescott’s car slides into a ditch in a deserted area with no cell phone signal. The only available shelter is already occupied…by a vampire. To Michael Carpenter, Carol is the bait of a trap. To regain his soul, he needs to refrain from taking human blood for just one more night, but she's almo
ebook
Published November 30th 2011 by Smashwords (first published November 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Vampire's Christmas Carol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vampire's Christmas Carol

Talk Supe
So I got my copy for free because I was looking for a holiday book to feature in our blog. I was browsing http://www.smashwords.com/ when I came across this one and figured, What the heck, it's free and the rating is good. So I went ahead and got it.

This novella is a bit romantic, in that unique vampire way, almost tragic and will probably remind you of Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire. Carol is a human whose car broke down in the middle of a snow storm. Good thing Michael Carpenter's hous
Kimba
3.5
This tale offered up a unique twist on the Vampire lore where once turned a vampire has one hundred years before he must drink human blood and fully turn or accept death. If Micheal Carpenter doesn't drink human blood tonight he will die. He has chosen his path but this Christmas Eve is proving to be a torturesome. He lives on a isolated stretch of countryside and is startled to find Carol Prescott at his door. This was an interesting tale, that moved at a nice clip. We learn about Micheal a
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
For the complete review please visit Forever Book Lover.

This was a Free ebook courtesy of Smashwords

I have been reading alot of contemporary and historical romance the past few months, I almost forgot how much I love paranormal romance. Who wouldn't want to read a free Paranormal and Holiday themed romance in one!! I was very happy that I did, although it was a quick read (29588 words), I felt the characters were well developed and the plot was well written.

Fate landed Carol at Michael's door,
Kathie (katmom)
This was a short story that kept me reading.

Michael was changed one hundred years ago on Christmas eve. He's NEVER partaken of human blood and if he doesn't by the one hundred year mark, he dies.

There might be a way to be RE-humaned, but it's a story, a myth.

Then comes Carol, her car has slid off the icy road...and she's at his house, at this pivotal moment.

He tells her his story, not to get her to help him, but just to have some contact at this last point in his existence.

They talk about a lot
Jackie
It was Christmas Eve one hundred years ago that Michael, on his way to his fiancees house to propose to her, was bit by a vampire and doomed to exist in the dark shadows. Only by drinking human blood would he be able to live forever, but Michael is loathed to be a monster like his master.

Dying takes time. It took Michael 10 years before he woke up undead, but he still needs to drink the blood of a human in the next 80 years or he will die.

He promised himself that he would never drink human bloo
Elysa
In an attempt to save his soul from the damnation of becoming a true vampire, for a hundred years Michael has restrained from drinking human blood. He only has to make it through one more night and come Christmas morning he'll die with his soul intact. Carol is on her way to see her family for Christmas when she's stranded in a snow storm. Afraid that when faced with an agonizing death he'll succumb to the temptation to drink her blood, against his better judgement Michael allows her to take she ...more
Stacy Mar
Mrs. McCullough has weaved a riveting novella of romantic, paranormal suspense that promises not to disappoint fans of the genre. The story wraps you into it's atmospheric riff from the first couple of lines and keeps you glued at each suspenseful turn as Carol and Michael share their stories and bide for time (and wits enough) to save both of their lives.

Highly recommend this contemporary tale. A quick and effortless read!
Kitty
Dec 07, 2014 Kitty marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Just did not pull me in.
Laila
Jun 07, 2014 Laila marked it as to-read
I loved it
Missyb
a 2 1/2 to 3 stars. It had potential, but kind of fell flat. She slides into a ditch in a snowstorm and see a light in the distance so she heads that way. The house has a vampire in it and he's on his last evening until he dies for good. She pushes her way in, and he tells her his life story. His maker keeps popping in to tempt him, but she helps him kill his maker and save himself. It's a short story, and there isn't any time to develope anything, the majority of the book is of them talking.
Skye Williams
So I started to read this book as a joke. I mean come on A Vampire's Christmas Carol? I was very pleasantly surprised. It is very reminiscent of The Silver Kiss and Interview with a Vampire. The main character Carol (I see what you did there Karen) is brave, but not stupid about which is very refreshing for a vampire novel. The vampires are unique but not silly about it (aka. sparkles). The ending in predictable, but I wasn't expecting it not to be.
Ashley
I liked the premise of this story, but honestly it Felt like I was reading a rough draft. There were parts that I really got into and parts that felt forced or were more like "Here's the idea for this and I'll flesh it out later" but it was never fleshed out.
Autumn
Even though this was a short read I truly enjoyed it. Not really much I can say really, just that it was a great quick read that involved vampires and finding love. Nothing gruesome at all just a vampire telling his story and wanting to die a human and not a monster.
Jessica
I thought this was a great read. I really want to know how Carol and Michael end up.....maybe a sequel in the future? I hope so!
Carmen Pacheco
Sweet story. I wonder if the author will continue to write about these characters? One can hope for a Christmas miracle. :D
Marjana
It was intense... all the way to the end.... too short.... I want more :)
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Heather McGuire
Heather McGuire marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
سميح نصر(sameeh
سميح نصر(sameeh marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Charli ღ Denae
Charli ღ Denae marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
A Gift for Murder Wizard's Bridge A Question of Fire Witch's Journey Shadow of a Doubt