Start by marking “Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)” as Want to Read:
Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)
read excerpt

Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  38,223 ratings  ·  1,687 reviews
In my debut novel, Breathe, Sadie may have fallen in love with the teen rock star, Jax Stone, but readers fell head over heels for Marcus Hardy. This is his story…

Marcus Hardy had hoped to enjoy a year away at college while he put the summer he’d rather forget behind him. But instead, he’s jerked right back to the coastal town of Sea Breeze, Alabama due to a family crisis.
Published February 7th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Because of Low, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because of Low

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen Hoover
Best Book Boyfriends
61st out of 4,731 books — 18,495 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
College Romance
15th out of 864 books — 6,331 voters

More lists with this book...

Eunice
I think I'm getting addicted reading Abbi Glines's contemporaries (view spoiler). This is my fourth book of her and I am really loving the author more and more. Lovely characters, swoony moments, steamy scenes, heartwarming story - Because of Low has it all and just like in The Vincent Boys, I was spent the entire time giddy and swooning or drooling.

Anyway, this is a spin off of Glines's first novel Breathe and this time Marcus is the cent
Sanaa
Okay, so this is way better than book 1!!! Willow is a much stronger heroine than Sadie. Although this is still a youthful story, the plot is much more grown up than book 1 Breathe, which as a mommy reader, I appreciated.

I loved Marcus since the very beginning and am satisfied with the strong, beautiful girl he's paired up with. The saying "what a tangled web we weave" is a perfect analogy for Marcus & Willow's story.

From the beginning, readers quickly piece together how their two lives
Sheryl
OK, i HAVE to write this review before i lose ALL coherent thought... First up, Marcus...can someone say hit me? Because i seriously fell for this guy from the FIRST page. No, i did NOT read Breathe, but i'm sure if i had, i would have DIED waiting for this book to come out! Marcus is cool, he's sweet, he's sexy... HOT DAMN! And Willow...what can i say, when i first met her, i didn't really like her. Why? Because of her relationship with Cage, but as i read further, i understood where she was co ...more
Lisa Jayne
Sweet, sweet, love Abbi Glines has done it again.

What is not to love about Marcus and Willow? The protective, gorgeous gentleman and sweet, broken red head. This spin off, of book one Tells us the story of Marcus Hardy and if you didn't fall a little bit then, in this book you most certainly will.

Marcus

Willow

This is a well written, shortish tale about falling in love, mix in the right amount of angst, drama, shock twists and outright swoony scenes and that wraps up the book nicely.

Where book on
Bethany
Wow!!!!!!! I loved Because of Low! What a great spin off to Breathe. I’m so happy that (view spoiler) The scenes between Low and Marcus were so hot and steamy! Totally swoon worthy. I think I might have a girly crush on Abbi Glines and all of her great books. :)
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3.5 stars. I'm going to call this review - REDEMPTION.

I feel like I finally got what this author was trying to write. I had a like/dislike feeling for her book Existence, and I borderline hated the first book in this series, Breathe, so I entered into my read of the second book a bit hesitantly. The only reason I even decided to pick up this book was because of my interest in Marcus, who had been a side character in the first installment and was now being pushed into the role of leading man. In
♥Rachel♥
Because of Low was hot, steamy, and all kinds of fun! Abbi Glines delivers! This is a spin-off story to Breathe that centers around Marcus this time. In the previous story, Marcus didn't get the girl (Sadie) so I was glad he got his own story.

Marcus has had to move back to Sea Breeze, Alabama, because of family problems, and attend college closer to home. He moves in with a friend of a friend, Cage, who is the perfect definition of a male-whore. Cage is out with a different girl every week, hec
Erin
Because of Low wrapped up my 2-day all-Abbi Glines reading marathon, and it was a great way to end one fun ride! I started with Breathe, then Vincent Brothers, and Low was my final stop (I'd read Existence awhile back already). With each new book, I found myself sucked right into the story and it was difficult to break myself away. Abbi has this uncanny knack for creating the absolutely perfect fantasy bad-boy in each of her stories (well, Jax isn't really bad in Breathe, but he's a rocker, so.. ...more
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Let me introduce you to my Low... (I know, she doesn't have green eyes but she is my Low)

This is the story about Low and Marcus. OMG Marcus!!! I loved him all the time... I was not in the mood for reading anything yesterday and I knew Abbi could get me in the mood again so I thought about reading this book that has been in my kindle forever.

There wasn't too much drama, it was funny at times, I got to know a few hot guys (I am going to read about your stories later) and their romance story was al
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
My first book of abbi glines.. and i really L♥ve it!Marcus is ♥!

No boring moments from beginning till the end. I like every character in this book. i even love larissa, she's so adorable..☺The plot, lines and emotions are so real although the ending is quite predictable but i still like how the author ends it..i like that cage character was redeemed on the last part makes me want to read his story hopefully soon..☺ I so love this book that im having doubts if i will read the first book breath c
Gabriella *is awesome*
BECAUSE OF LOW is a very short yet incredibly sweet ya chic-lite. that starts with willow and ends ends with her.

this being my first abbi glines book , i found her writing style to be simple and plot predictable.

the story basically revolves around Marcus and willow (or more commonly known as low), two people who fall in love from the opposite sides of the track.

Marcus's family is falling apart and when he falls in love with willow,she helps him stay strong and becomes his rock.but after a poi
Heather
Because of Low is the third book by Abbi Glines that I have read. I have to say, she does seem to really have a theme going through all of her books with that whole insta-love, can't live with out you, might die if you leave me thing they all seem to have. Before I can really review Low, I have to go back to the first book in the story, Breathe. Breathe is one of those candy sweet romances, with a wholesome main character named Sadie, who just can't get out of the pile of crap life keeps throwin ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
I loved this book!

How refreshing to have characters actually speak to one another and communicate. Yes, I mean you Marcus! I loved Marcus - totally sigh worthy and a guy that wears his heart on his sleeve. I just adored him.

I could not put this wonderful book down. I read it in a day because I had to finish it before returning to work so I could sit in quiet and absorb every word of this story.

I read Breathe and really liked it. This book, I loved.

The secondary characters worked really well and
Tammara
From my newest critique partner. I knew this story was awesome when I couldn't stop reading it long enough to do a proper critique! I had to do a complete read-through before I could come back and give it a more serious once-over. If you liked Marcus in Breathe, you'll love him in Because of Low.
Anna
Mar 29, 2013 Anna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Anna by: Lisa Jayne
~ I'm taking a small break from bodice-ripping, whips, chains and billionaires...I'm going on an Abbi Glines book binge and I am super excited!! Lisa says I could use some easy breezy lemon squeezy reads ~ I agreeeeeee BRING IT !
Andrea
I am going to be upfront and tell you, I am a huge fan of Abbi Glines. To which those of you who know me will say "Duh!". It's a fact. And when I learned she was writing a companion book to BREATHE, I just about Squee'd myself to death. Seriously, I was that happy.

You see, Marcus Hardy needed his own story. When he got his heart broken in BREATHE by Sadie, I wanted to take that poor sweet boy in and fix him. Every reader I have talked to about BREATHE loved Marcus as much as they loved Jax and S
Melissa
I <3 Abbi Glines.

She seriously has major skills when it comes to writing attraction. Her words make my palms sweat, my heart race and my knees shake. She has a way with time-warping me back to the dating days with the hubbs. I feel like I am re-living those amazingly sweet, enticingly scrumptious and extremely nerve-racking first kisses and hours-long* make-out sessions.

I always love it when a writer makes you fight for the characters in a book and when they drop bombs on you. Abbi did both
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Every time I pick up one of Abbi Glines books, I find myself up all hours of the night until I finish the book!

Because of Low is a book that I believe lots of readers can easily relate too. Abbi Glines touches some real life situations that can happen and/or are happening today.

You have your two main characters who are both dealing with a lot at such a young age. Marcus is back in town because his mother and little sister need him. His father has done them wrong. I felt so bad for Marcus. He w
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Spoiler Free Review
3.5 to 4 STARS out of 5
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Series: Book #2 in Sea Breeze Series

'He was shattered. I could see the moment it happened. I knew the feeling. I just experienced it myself.' -Willow in Because of Low

In Breathe book one in the Sea Breeze series readers get introduced to Marcus Hardy. A rich kid working his summer job at the house of teenage rockstar Jax Stone. Things get complicated when Marcus and Jax fall for the same girl only for Marcus to loose out to
Autumn Review
Summary:
Marcus Hardy has had to leave college and come home. His dad has left his mom for a much younger woman and Marcus is left to pick up the pieces. The only good thing to come out of this mess is Low. The problem with her is that she's sleeping in his roommate's bed.
Willow Foster has always turned to Cage when she's in a bind. They grew up together and she knows she can always count on him. So, once again, Low turns to Cage when her sister throws her out of the house. There she meets his ne
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Ok I LOVED "Because of Low" I preferred it to Breathe. It was more of an everyday story, it had everyday dialogue, it was funny and *sigh* it was ALL about Marcus YUM!!!! I lost my heart to Marcus in Breathe, he was gentle, loving and super protective but he just grabbed it tighter in this one, he got all alpha and HOT..what a scrumptious bloke!!!

So the story begins when Marcus has to return home because his dog of a dad is cheating on his mum with a bit of fluff at work. Marcus is over Sadie no
H ∞Δnother book Junkie∞
IT'S OFFICIAL i'm in love with Abbi Glines . i LOVE reading her books and OH LALA she's getting little bolder huh?!!! ;P
i had this book on my shelve since FOREVER but i was like meeh i don't wanna read it.. last night i said what the hell and i grabbed it, and seriously WHAT THE HELL , that was awesome i always loved Marcus and low is such a sweet character. and now i really can not wait to read While It Lasts witch is Cage 's story , it is gonna be epic i just know :)
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
oh my god!!!!I am in love with Marcus..what a boy!!!!!he was so sweet and so cute and I like the way he care about Low!!!!!
Violante
No me gusta Abbi Glines. No me gusta su narración plana y sin descripciones, no me gustan sus protagonistas tontas, no me gusta que sus historias sean tan machistas. Pero cuando no tengo nada que leer me encuentro entre las páginas de sus libros. Es como una terrible adicción, por más que intente no puedo evitar caer de nuevo, y sentirme culpable después.

Como dije en la reseña de Breathe, los personajes secundarios no estaban muy desarrollados pero sí lo suficiente definidos para ganar dinero c
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Writing this while reading the book :)
PS- Reading this after reading Pushing The Limits in the worst shit on Earth :'(
This book is going to make me a gooey mush of putty :P

I had a major Crush on Marcus since Breathe, In my head he was always as hot as Jax.. So I'm glad there is a story for him too! :D Idk why I've kept this book on hold for 5months!! I'd such a brilliant read! Its supa cute and mushy and amazing :D

I think my heart just broke when Marcus figured it all out

In Breathe, Marcus never
Kikkasole
(yuppy ce l'ho fattaaaaa...Grida di giubilo in tutto il pianeta!)

Marcus: generoso/forte/affidabile/con un senso alto di protezione, che detta così fa molto spot crema solare, per quelli che ama. Mantiene tutte le promesse che ci aveva fatto in #Breathe. Sua sorella e sua madre hanno bisogno di lui? Lui lascia tutto il mondo e corre ad aiutarle. Suo padre fa la Cavolata del secolo? Lui non esita ad esternare tutto il veleno che ciò gli procura. E cucina pure da Dio....insomma Marcus sei da clona
Jonababez
Oh my, I love you Marcus!!! Wholeheartedly!

When I read the first pages, I was hooked right away! I didn't remember that he's Marcus, from the first book, Breathe. I fell in love with him there, but I think I love him more in this book. Well, it's his own story! I love how the romance developed, such as the first encounter in the very beginning and their undeniable attraction with each other. Oh, how I love good guys, and Marcus is the best example. *swoons*

The first half of the book is really gr
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
I haven’t read the first one. SORRY KARLA!
I didn’t actually know it was part of a series when I bought it and I feel better that I didn’t read the first as I really really liked Marcus and didn’t want to see him sad.

Marcus and Low are adorable.
and sorry the only way to say this is the shit that happens to them is FUCKED UP and can only happen in a fiction novel. It may in real life but I’ve never known it too.

Marcus moves in with Cage.
Cage is a real ladies man. So when Low comes to the doo
Aprille
“I don’t think I’m making myself very clear Low,” he’d lowered his voice and the effect made goose bumps break out over my body. “I was only interested in one person at that bar last night. I only came to see one person,” he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and softly caressed my earlobe before tracing the line of my jaw. “I was there for you.”

Remember Marcus Hardy? The one in Breathe who also fell in love with Saddie White? Well, here goes his story.

Abbi Glines has done it again. She's ser
April (Books4Juliet)
Read my full review at Books4Juliet

Let me begin with these lines from Marcus Hardy:

"I don't think I'm making myself very clear Low," he'd lowered his voice and the effect made goose bumps break out over my body. "I was only interested in one person at that bar last night. I only came to see one person," he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and softly caressed my earlobe before tracing the line of my jaw. " I was there for you."

If you've met and liked Marcus Hardy in Breathe, you'll surely f
Favorite scene or line from the book??? 21 200 Dec 09, 2014 11:08AM
Crazy for Young A...: Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2) by Abbie Glines → Start Date: December 4, 2013 39 32 Dec 07, 2013 11:11PM
UK Covers 2 37 Aug 30, 2013 08:58PM
Do I have to be a chubby woman to be an author 9 167 Apr 25, 2013 10:35AM
Need Help in what to purchase 2 43 Feb 26, 2013 07:21AM
Young Adult Conte...: #15: Beacuse of Low by Abbi Glines (Dec 31 - Jan 6) 23 100 Jan 12, 2013 04:12PM
  • What a Boy Needs (What a Boy Wants, #2)
  • Shallow (Going Under, #2)
  • Thomas & January (Sleepless, #2)
  • Good For You (Between the Lines, #3)
  • Slow Twitch (Brenna Blixen, #3)
  • Romero (The Moreno Brothers, #4)
  • Chasing Nikki (Chasing Nikki, #1)
  • Clash (Crash, #2)
  • Lengths (Silver Strand, #1)
  • Vicious Circles (Wrong Reasons, #2)
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
  • That Wedding (That Boy, #2)
  • Folding Hearts (Mitchell Family, #2)
  • Collision Course
  • Rock and a Hard Place (The Jamieson Collection, #1)
  • Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2)
Abbi Glines is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, and Existence series. She has a new YA series coming out in the fall of 2015 titled The Field Party Series . She never cooks unless baking during the Christmas holiday counts. She believes in ghosts and has a habit of asking people if their house is haunted bef ...more
More about Abbi Glines...
Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) Never Too Far (Too Far, #2) Forever Too Far (Too Far, #3) Breathe (Sea Breeze, #1) The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1)

“Unconditional love is hard to compete with.” 252 likes
“Things happen in life and you can’t control them. It sucks and you have to move on.” 68 likes