Start by marking “Captured In Ink (Art of Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
Captured In Ink (Art of Love, #3)

Captured In Ink (Art of Love #3)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  306 ratings  ·  31 reviews
At 27 yrs old, graphic novelist Shane Larson believes in trusting the greater plan of the universe and doing good to the best of his ability. To him this is a matter of practicality as much as a spiritual belief about how to live right which is why the road Shane chooses to follow in his life is leading him to use his doctorate in clinical psychology to help people. When a ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 2nd 2011 by Donna McDonald

To ask other readers questions about Captured In Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captured In Ink

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesFinding Home by Lauren BakerThe Education of Sebastian by Jane Harvey-BerrickThe Education of Caroline by Jane Harvey-BerrickOutlander by Diana Gabaldon
Best Older woman/ Younger man romance
93rd out of 192 books — 531 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. Ward
I'd Hit That!
481st out of 628 books — 269 voters

More lists with this book...

Szinna
Aranyos történet. Mivel ez egy sorozat harmadik kötete, volt olyan pont, hogy elvesztem a ki-kicsoda fronton. De aztán néhány bekezdés után kitisztult. A főhős és a gyerekek interakciói eszméletlenül jók voltak, rengeteget nevettem!
Boxy Frown
This cute and sexy read is part of the Art of Love series. Shane Larson had a one night stand with Reesa Callahan and couldn't find her for weeks. Then fate intervened and he wound up on her doorstep by chance. Reesa is older than Shane by 7 years and is raising her deceased sister and brother-in-law's 4 children, ranging in age from 5 to 15. She needs a mature, stable man, not a young guy like Shane. However, Shane is ready to prove that he is the man she wants, and can be the man she needs.

It'
Maxie
Ms. McDonald has done it again with Captured In Ink. I love the plot, conflict and the critical elements that makes a great story. Ms. McDonald's characters, their interactions with each other is so realistic. Captured in Ink is loaded with tenderness, sexiness, loving outside the box, standing up for your beliefs. Captured in Ink gives the reader real day to day difficulties the various coping mechanisms, handling situations especially a crisis such of death and leaving minor children shattered ...more
DCT
This one is my fav in the Art of Love series! I love Shane and Reesa! This story captured my heart and I enjoyed every minute of it. Reesa and the children endeared themselves to me. Loved Princess Sara and her dancing shoes, Zach's witty banter with Shane, Aunt Jillian's relationship with Reesa. I mean I could just go on and on, I even loved the Judge presiding over the custody case. This is a series I don't want to see end!
Ellen
Captured in ink is a direct hit. WOW. This is the third book in the Art of Love Series and all of them are well written and entertaining read. I couldn't put any of them down. I like how the writer has woven the lives of this family together from one book to the next. It just keeps your interest. I enjoyed all of them, but this one was the best. I loved Princess Sara and her dancing shoes.
Suzie G
I continue to love Donna's work and this installment was no different. Shane and Reesa dealt with a lot of issues and the main characters from the previous books in the series continued to play substantial roles in this story. I'm curious to know if the outcome of the custody hearing will affect the relationship between the kids and their grandparents. Maybe this will be touched on in passing in book 4.

The biggest thing, to me, that was a negative was the formatting. Paragraphs, especially in th
Lidia
So sweet, so romantic but also realistic, this story of Shane and Reesa. I think what I like beyond the artistic environment, is as the author portrays the male characters, so hot and strong minded but also without fear to show their sentiments, and as passion , love, desire got the female protagonists give themselves to their lovers. All without much angst, drama and misunderstandings .
Stephen Ashley
A Tall, But Believable Tale

This part three in a series written about an artist's (Will) and his growing family. In this chapter we start with Will still searching for his most recent lover. With guidance from above they meet again. His gal 'Ann" has a real name and hidden family. In quick mode, they rekindle their union and Will becomes a step dad in a well crafted work. I highly recommend this book and author.
Jennette
Another hit. I personally loved this because my own love story includes comic book art too. Shane is a perfect hero complete with alter ego. Of course, I still love all the Larson's and the continuation of the other stories.
Marcie Oropeza
This book brought out Shane's personality in a manner that we hadn't seen heretofore in the other books in the series. While he matures immensely in this book, it's more his philosophy of believing in the positive power of the universe and his relationship w/ that universe that is detailed here. And what a positive response he receives!

Who wouldn't fall in love w/ Reesa? A woman who gives up everything to care for the FOUR children of her deceased sister, she is a strong, vibrant, powerfully pos
Sylvia
This is the third book in the Art of Love Series and all of them are well written and entertaining. I could not put any of them down. I like how the writer has woven the lives of this family together as a tapestry. It just keeps your interest. I enjoyed all of them but loved this book the most. The unspoken passion between Shane and Reesa is magnetic. a must read. There were times toward the end of the book where I thought that it needed to be prove read again and spell checked. There were a lot ...more
Jeanne Cole
Art of love

this series has been a fun feel good read. mostly very predictable in a good way. be sure to start at t h e beginning. You won't want to miss knowing all of the history in this family.
Angie
I have been waiting some time for this book and it did not disappoint! Shane and Ressa had a hot one night stand and Shane has been searching for her ever since. Ressa can not imagine having romance in her life because she has committed herself to raising her nieces and nephews after the death of her sister and brother-in-law. How these two figure out how to be with one another is a great read! It also sets up the next set of books in the series. You can read this as a stand alone but the book i ...more
Karen
So happy to read Shane's story it was just as good as Will's and Michael's books. Love this series I love how the character's are real and have real life stories. I also love when Donna's brings out a mention of Ky in the books. I was drawn to her books cause she was an author from Ky I've stayed and read book after book cause I just enjoy reading them.
Dusty Deal
This very well written series revolves around how the characters use art as a way to express what is hidden deep inside their hearts & souls.
Colette Kebell
I just love this series to bits. From the first to the last, though am eagerly awaiting the next, which is due soon. They are quite a macho series, but in a very good way. Strong characters and even stronger feelings run through each and every one of them.
Terri Knapp
Was a great book.
Berenice Rodrigues
This book is not bad at all, it was just missing some thing for me.
I really liked the beginning of the book, but got bored towards to the middle.
Is really weird though, I really liked the characters, but felt disconnected from the story.
The lovely feeling wasn't there for me, but as I said is a good book!
Chrys
Out of the three boos I loved the story of this one the most. It intertwined everyone's stories and gave insight into future stories.
I loved the relationship between Shane and Reesa and how well Shane slotted into the lives of a chaotic family and was willing to support the woman he loved
Jennifer DiGiugno
not my favorite out of the series. it got boring until the last 5 chapters and the the ending was horrible. totally did not make sense. it just took along to get through the story. also the typos and errors make me so agitated. one more book to go then I'm done.
Pam
I felt like this book was almost better than the other two because it dealt with something that was a bit more real -- to me at least -- and the struggle that real life does present all the time. I think this series is an easy read and quite enjoyable.
Cheryl
I really liked this book; it follows the storyline of the Larson family and their relationship dramas really well. Just started reading this novelist and this was book #3 in a series, hope the remaining two are as good.
Donna Porter
Another great book by Donna. The story of Shane and Reesa. It really gave me a different look at Shane. I was surprised when he changed for the woman he loved. great book
Gail
Who would have thought that Shane would end up with Reesa the way it went down in this book! Not going to give any spoilers.......but I loved this book completely!
Monique Brooks
pretty good story. seemed a little rushed at the end as did all her books. lot of misspelled words or words missing. overall a good story though
Gia
Man I didn't like how it ended so abruptly!!! I wanted more of Shane and Resa and the family!!
Jean
Dec 27, 2013 Jean added it
Shelves: fun-reads
Looking forward to the next in this series...good 'before lights out' easy, quick reads. :-)
Db
I loved Shane!looking forward to the rest of the series
Allison
Each book is wild and seasoned with great soul
Black Butterfly
I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SERIES!
  • Mountains Wanted
  • FAT GIRL (Perfectly Imperfect)
  • Betting It All (Hellfire Riders MC #4)
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms #1.5)
  • A Ride or Die Kind of Love
  • Packing Double (Bedlam Butchers #2)
  • Fighting Love (Knockout, #2)
  • Yellowstone Awakening
  • All Messed Up (Windy City Kink, #2)
  • Emilie's Christmas Love
  • Blamed (Blood Money #1)
  • Thrown for a Curve (Perfect Fit, #2)
  • The Duality Principle
  • Knight In Black Leather
  • Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)
  • Inappropriate Thoughts (Victoria Wilde, #1)
  • Unethical
I am an active dreamer and find writing to be the best way to use my creativity. Needing to satisfy both sides of my brain, I have become a cross-genre author of contemporary, romantic comedy, fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal romances.

I feel blessed that my books appear on bestseller lists for humor, romantic comedy, space opera, and more. I crave laughter from all my readers and focus my
More about Donna McDonald...

Art of Love (4 books)
  • Carved In Stone (Art of Love, #1)
  • Created In Fire (Art of Love, #2)
  • Commissioned in White (Art of Love, #4)
Dating a Cougar (Never Too Late, #1) Carved In Stone (Art of Love, #1) Dating a Saint (Never Too Late, #3) Dating Dr. Notorious (Never Too Late, #2) Dating a Metro Man (Never Too Late, #4)