Start by marking “Captured In Ink (Art of Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
Captured In Ink (Art of Love, #3)

Captured In Ink (Art of Love #3)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  468 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
At 27 yrs old, graphic novelist Shane Larson believes in trusting the greater plan of the universe and doing good to the best of his ability. To him this is a matter of practicality as much as a spiritual belief about how to live right which is why the road Shane chooses to follow in his life is leading him to use his doctorate in clinical psychology to help people. When a ...more
Kindle Edition
Published December 2nd 2011 by Donna McDonald

To ask other readers questions about Captured In Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captured In Ink

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-GravesTwelfth Sun by Mae ClairFinding Home by Lauren BakerOutlander by Diana GabaldonThe Education of Sebastian by Jane Harvey-Berrick
Best Older woman/ Younger man romance
112th out of 233 books — 799 voters
Worth the Fall by Claudia ConnorSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesSmooth Talking Stranger by Lisa KleypasMore Than Scars by Sarah Brocious
Children In Romance
292nd out of 299 books — 221 voters

More lists with this book...

Szinna
Apr 30, 2014 Szinna rated it really liked it
Aranyos történet. Mivel ez egy sorozat harmadik kötete, volt olyan pont, hogy elvesztem a ki-kicsoda fronton. De aztán néhány bekezdés után kitisztult. A főhős és a gyerekek interakciói eszméletlenül jók voltak, rengeteget nevettem!
Boxy Frown
This cute and sexy read is part of the Art of Love series. Shane Larson had a one night stand with Reesa Callahan and couldn't find her for weeks. Then fate intervened and he wound up on her doorstep by chance. Reesa is older than Shane by 7 years and is raising her deceased sister and brother-in-law's 4 children, ranging in age from 5 to 15. She needs a mature, stable man, not a young guy like Shane. However, Shane is ready to prove that he is the man she wants, and can be the man she needs.

It'
Maxie
Jul 21, 2012 Maxie rated it it was amazing
Ms. McDonald has done it again with Captured In Ink. I love the plot, conflict and the critical elements that makes a great story. Ms. McDonald's characters, their interactions with each other is so realistic. Captured in Ink is loaded with tenderness, sexiness, loving outside the box, standing up for your beliefs. Captured in Ink gives the reader real day to day difficulties the various coping mechanisms, handling situations especially a crisis such of death and leaving minor children shattered ...more
DCT
Feb 08, 2014 DCT rated it really liked it
This one is my fav in the Art of Love series! I love Shane and Reesa! This story captured my heart and I enjoyed every minute of it. Reesa and the children endeared themselves to me. Loved Princess Sara and her dancing shoes, Zach's witty banter with Shane, Aunt Jillian's relationship with Reesa. I mean I could just go on and on, I even loved the Judge presiding over the custody case. This is a series I don't want to see end!
Wendy Rinebold
May 23, 2016 Wendy Rinebold rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is was probably the sweetest of all of the stories because of Shane's personality. But since he also seemed like the sexiest of the three, I enjoyed the steamier scenes as well. Again, I love the character development that Donna McDonald takes the time to produce. These characters and this series is not one I am likely to forget. I highly recommend this author to anyone looking for a insane romance and good stories.
Kimberly
May 14, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was right! Well I sort of was right. I had a feeling I knew what Reesa wouldn't tell Shane in the previous book about why she had to be home that night and could only have the one night with him. I really loved reading this book. I love Shane and knew I would love his and Reesa's story. And Princess Sara, lol, love her! This was such a great book! Really looking forward to book 4!
Ellen
May 31, 2014 Ellen rated it really liked it
Captured in ink is a direct hit. WOW. This is the third book in the Art of Love Series and all of them are well written and entertaining read. I couldn't put any of them down. I like how the writer has woven the lives of this family together from one book to the next. It just keeps your interest. I enjoyed all of them, but this one was the best. I loved Princess Sara and her dancing shoes.
Polly
Jul 20, 2015 Polly rated it it was amazing
Wow, Wow, Wow - Not sure I've met another author like Marie Force that can make me feel so many emotions in reading a story. I laughed (great senses of humor), cried, got mad, and sad. I love all of these and moved right on through them in just a few days - now moving on the Dr. Daniels' story - should be another good ones. These characters are wonderful as are their stories. Thank you Donna.
Suzie G
Dec 07, 2011 Suzie G rated it it was amazing
I continue to love Donna's work and this installment was no different. Shane and Reesa dealt with a lot of issues and the main characters from the previous books in the series continued to play substantial roles in this story. I'm curious to know if the outcome of the custody hearing will affect the relationship between the kids and their grandparents. Maybe this will be touched on in passing in book 4.

The biggest thing, to me, that was a negative was the formatting. Paragraphs, especially in th
Lidia
Jan 29, 2014 Lidia rated it really liked it
So sweet, so romantic but also realistic, this story of Shane and Reesa. I think what I like beyond the artistic environment, is as the author portrays the male characters, so hot and strong minded but also without fear to show their sentiments, and as passion , love, desire got the female protagonists give themselves to their lovers. All without much angst, drama and misunderstandings .
Stephen Ashley
Jan 18, 2014 Stephen Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Tall, But Believable Tale

This part three in a series written about an artist's (Will) and his growing family. In this chapter we start with Will still searching for his most recent lover. With guidance from above they meet again. His gal 'Ann" has a real name and hidden family. In quick mode, they rekindle their union and Will becomes a step dad in a well crafted work. I highly recommend this book and author.
Jennette
May 30, 2014 Jennette rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Another hit. I personally loved this because my own love story includes comic book art too. Shane is a perfect hero complete with alter ego. Of course, I still love all the Larson's and the continuation of the other stories.
Marcie Oropeza
Mar 23, 2013 Marcie Oropeza rated it it was amazing
This book brought out Shane's personality in a manner that we hadn't seen heretofore in the other books in the series. While he matures immensely in this book, it's more his philosophy of believing in the positive power of the universe and his relationship w/ that universe that is detailed here. And what a positive response he receives!

Who wouldn't fall in love w/ Reesa? A woman who gives up everything to care for the FOUR children of her deceased sister, she is a strong, vibrant, powerfully pos
Cassandra Hecate
Great feel good romance

You can't help but cheer for these lovers. Perfect ending for two imperfect people and their families. Not just a romance, but an honest love story.
Jane
Jun 29, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked how Reesa fights to keep her nieces and nephews together after their parents' death. I like how it felt right that she pushes Shane away because he doesn't seem to be the right one for the family. The kids are cute and also interesting as the author manages to have them react very differently to their parents' death.
Karen
Aug 11, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better and Better

Each story in this series gets better and better. I hated when the book ended. Shane is the kind of man every woman wants!
Maria Luisa Morse
Amazing

As always this series has taken me on the most wonderful rollercoaster ride!! I recommend this series to everyone who loves being in love!
Ria
Shirley Alvarez
Jun 12, 2015 Shirley Alvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captured in Ink

Another great book in the series. I love all the family. Can't wait to start the next book! I hope there is a book for each!
Sylvia
Mar 04, 2013 Sylvia rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Art of Love Series and all of them are well written and entertaining. I could not put any of them down. I like how the writer has woven the lives of this family together as a tapestry. It just keeps your interest. I enjoyed all of them but loved this book the most. The unspoken passion between Shane and Reesa is magnetic. a must read. There were times toward the end of the book where I thought that it needed to be prove read again and spell checked. There were a lot ...more
Jeanne Cole
Jul 05, 2014 Jeanne Cole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Art of love

this series has been a fun feel good read. mostly very predictable in a good way. be sure to start at t h e beginning. You won't want to miss knowing all of the history in this family.
Angie
Dec 04, 2011 Angie rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting some time for this book and it did not disappoint! Shane and Ressa had a hot one night stand and Shane has been searching for her ever since. Ressa can not imagine having romance in her life because she has committed herself to raising her nieces and nephews after the death of her sister and brother-in-law. How these two figure out how to be with one another is a great read! It also sets up the next set of books in the series. You can read this as a stand alone but the book i ...more
Karen
Mar 09, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
So happy to read Shane's story it was just as good as Will's and Michael's books. Love this series I love how the character's are real and have real life stories. I also love when Donna's brings out a mention of Ky in the books. I was drawn to her books cause she was an author from Ky I've stayed and read book after book cause I just enjoy reading them.
Dusty Deal
Jan 22, 2014 Dusty Deal rated it it was amazing
This very well written series revolves around how the characters use art as a way to express what is hidden deep inside their hearts & souls.
Nancy Anderson
Oct 16, 2015 Nancy Anderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating Tale

Shane is the artistic hero who is smitten with Reesa the first time they meet. He woos her and wins her but it isn't easy! She suddenly became the guardian of her four orphaned nieces and nephews and is struggling to cope with her new lifestyle and all the responsibilities. Shane's family is a welcome addition to this story as they support Shane in his quest. Delightful read; I highly recommend it.
Nancy Anderson
Aug 23, 2015 Nancy Anderson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Colette Kebell
Jan 10, 2015 Colette Kebell rated it it was amazing
I just love this series to bits. From the first to the last, though am eagerly awaiting the next, which is due soon. They are quite a macho series, but in a very good way. Strong characters and even stronger feelings run through each and every one of them.
Terri Knapp
Jan 19, 2014 Terri Knapp rated it really liked it
Was a great book.
Berenice Rodrigues
Jan 17, 2014 Berenice Rodrigues rated it liked it
This book is not bad at all, it was just missing some thing for me.
I really liked the beginning of the book, but got bored towards to the middle.
Is really weird though, I really liked the characters, but felt disconnected from the story.
The lovely feeling wasn't there for me, but as I said is a good book!
Chrys
Mar 11, 2013 Chrys rated it it was amazing
Out of the three boos I loved the story of this one the most. It intertwined everyone's stories and gave insight into future stories.
I loved the relationship between Shane and Reesa and how well Shane slotted into the lives of a chaotic family and was willing to support the woman he loved
Jennifer DiGiugno
Mar 07, 2013 Jennifer DiGiugno rated it it was ok
not my favorite out of the series. it got boring until the last 5 chapters and the the ending was horrible. totally did not make sense. it just took along to get through the story. also the typos and errors make me so agitated. one more book to go then I'm done.
  • Mountains Wanted
  • FAT GIRL (Perfectly Imperfect)
  • Evening Storm (Irresistible #4)
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
  • Betting the Bad Boy (Destiny, #2)
  • Calling Me Home (Calling Me, #3)
  • Sweet the Sin (Revenge Saga, #1)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Alpha SEALs #2)
  • Fighting Love (Knockout, #2)
  • All I Need Is You (Loving You, #2)
  • Beautiful Stranger (The Last Roundup, #4)
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms, #2)
  • Where Magic Dwells
  • Giving It All: Saxon & Jenny (Hellfire Riders MC, #8)
  • A Ride or Die Kind of Love
  • Knight In Black Leather
  • The Billion Dollar Player (Billionaire's Club: Texas, #2)
  • Inappropriate Thoughts (Victoria Wilde, #1)
I am an active dreamer and find writing to be the best way to use my creativity. Needing to satisfy both sides of my brain, I have become a cross-genre author of contemporary, romantic comedy, fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal romances.

I feel blessed that my books appear on bestseller lists for humor, romantic comedy, space opera, and more. I crave laughter from all my readers and focus my
More about Donna McDonald...

Art of Love (5 books)
  • Carved In Stone (Art of Love, #1)
  • Created In Fire (Art of Love, #2)
  • Commissioned In White (Art of Love, #4)
  • Covered In Paint (Art of Love, #5)

“Meaning?” Shane asked. “That I think it would be fun to put Brooke and Drake in a box and shake them up together to see what kind of noise they make,” Michael suggested, giving in to his laughter.” 0 likes
“really sorry you lost your sister and brother-in-law. There’s never anything adequate to say in sympathy,” 0 likes