Start by marking “Dream Weaver ” as Want to Read:
Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver

Sent back in time, Gwen must save her lover's life. She failed him once before. She can't fail him again. Dream Weaver was nominated for the CAPA the Cupid and the Psyche Awards.

Strange dreams haunt Gwen's sleep, of a lonely cabin in the woods and a tall, dark stranger she's never met. While visiting a restored village, Gwen is flung back in time and meets the man of her
Published by Books We Love (first published December 2nd 2011)

Kate
Jul 19, 2015 Kate rated it liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. The title itself had me thinking of the Gary Wright song of the same name, and I'm not exactly sure the title fits the book, per se.
Gwen's visions and her journey back in time to where she meets Christian are intriguing, but the real 'meat' of the story lies in the historical fiction aspect of the book. Set in 1762-1763, just before and during Pontiac's War, I found the historical aspects of the book absolutely fascinating. This is a period of history
Lynelle Clark
What a unfortunate life Gwen found her self in. Born a twenty first century woman she was taken back to the eighteen, where life was hard. She faced many obsticales during this time finding herself out of place most of the time. But yet this strong willed independent woman fell in a love with a doctor and was willing to sacrifice everything to safe his live. Visions plagued her of a coming rebellion but no one believed her, stretched to the uttermost to protect those she cared for.
Christian the
Linda
Oct 24, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing
High School American History teacher, Gwen Emrys had been plagued by recurring dreams of a man in a small cabin that sat in a forest and she decided to spend some time at a restored village that she saw on a pamphlet and the cabin looked like the cabin from her dreams, as she told Sarah in the lounge and joked that if she wasn't at school Monday that she had found the man of her dreams..............

Christian Norguard sat at his table reading his medical book ad fretting on how he could convince
Cheryl
Mar 22, 2016 Cheryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on Goodreads. It just missed,too much romance novel, not enough realistic time travel. A good idea but it just didn't have enough believable information.
Jane Blanchard
Jun 07, 2015 Jane Blanchard rated it really liked it
Dream Weaver by Shirley Martin is a time-travel/historical romance. Gwen falls asleep in the twenty-first century and awakens in 1762. She has to adjust to life in the 18th century and the then concept of women and women's work.

She falls in love with Christian, a doctor in Pennsylvania. Eventually they marry, and then she travels back to the 21st century in order to save his life.

I particularly enjoyed the author's attention to details and mores of the era. I learned a lot from the book about 18
Deborah Collyar
I received this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

This was an interesting book about the 1762-63 American Indian uprising in Pennsylvania. That part of the book was quite interesting, and the premise of the book (time travel) was also fine. The time travel piece was not developed once Gwen traveled back in time, however, and this was somewhat disappointing.

The romantic story line also became a bit tedious and the characters changed personality occasionally to keep the storyline going, which jumped ar
Emiley Allen Bowes
5 STARS What would you do, if you woke up 200 years in the past; with the man you had been dreaming of for months? Gwen goes from 2014, back to 1762. As a history teacher, Gwen knows the future of this struggling group of Colonials. She knows of coming Indian Uprising. She knows the British will eventually be fought as colonialist fight for Independence from British rule. But, who would ever believe such a tale? She could easily be branded a Spy or a Witch for her strange ways.
The story grabs an
Billie
Oct 09, 2016 Billie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hesitant to read this book as I am not really a fan of time travel, although I have never experienced it myself, so I don't know where the prejudice lies.

But once I got into the book I realized it is a love story first, and a time travel story second.

Sure we are going to get the clash of different values, different experiences and different expectations but lets face it, when you fall in love everything else is just background noise.

HIGHLY recommended for all you lovers who fell for someon
Ginger Simpson
Mar 28, 2013 Ginger Simpson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The author of this historical/modern time-travel did a wonderful job with the story, both historically and describing how a woman caught in 1762 might react to being without all the modern conveniences she's come to rely upon. I honestly couldn't put this book down until I finished it. It's worthy of my "I Dug It" award.
Suzanne Montigny
I would describe this novel as a very smooth and well-crafted story. It was pleasant to read, and I just drifted along as I took in the story of a woman who goes back in time to meet the love of her life, Christian, a doctor from the late 1700s. There was a sneaky surprise twist at the end, but I won't tell you what. I promise you'll love this novel.
Ann Herrick
Feb 08, 2013 Ann Herrick rated it it was amazing
Imagine yourself back in the year 1762, and what it was like to be a woman at that time--which meant having no rights.

Well-developed and strong characters combined with intriguing plot and romance make this time-travel tale a fascinating read.

[The copy I read was in The Shirley Martin Romance Trilogy.]
Beth
Feb 26, 2013 Beth rated it liked it
Eh
Eva
Eva rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2012
Bluejay44
Bluejay44 rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Jude Pittman
Jude Pittman rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2017
Nymphadora
Nymphadora rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Kenna La Pointe
Kenna La Pointe rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2012
Jennifer Chandler
Jennifer Chandler rated it it was ok
May 02, 2017
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Lydia
Lydia rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2015
Filza
Filza rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2014
Dawn
Dawn rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Dianne
Dianne rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
mindy
mindy rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2013
Donna Buckler
Donna Buckler rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2012
Rebecca Elletson
Rebecca Elletson rated it it was ok
Nov 21, 2013
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Shereevegas
Shereevegas rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Kathy Fischer-Brown
Kathy Fischer-Brown rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
  • Another Dawn
  • Somewhere My Love (Somewhere in Time, #1)
  • Mystic Memories
  • The Titan Drowns
  • The Time Baroness
  • Swan's Way
  • The Indian Rose
  • FREEDOM : The Rake And The Recluse : Part One
  • The Hands of Time (Hands of Time, #1)
  • The Law and Miss Penny (Law and Disorder, #1)
  • Wanted - Dead or Alive
  • Touched By Fire
  • To Take Her Pride
  • Legacy
  • Love in the Mist (MacKay's, #1)
  • Phantom in Time
  • If I Can't Have You
  • Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1)
Born near Pittsburgh, Shirley Martin attended the University of Pittsburgh. After graduating from “Pitt”, she taught school for one year, and then obtained a position as a flight attendant with Eastern Airlines. Based in Miami, she met her future husband there. After raising three sons, she devoted her time to writing, something she had always wanted to do.

With a vivid imagination and a love of s
More about Shirley Martin...