Start by marking “The Villa Girls” as Want to Read:
The Villa Girls

The Villa Girls

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  484 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Four friends, a sun-drenched escape, and avacation that will change everything—this warm tale of love, secrets, and struggles features an abundance of Italian atmosphere
A novel full of pleasure and indulgence, thisis the story of four young women who decide that wherever they are in the world and whatever they're doing they'll meet every few years for a holiday together so
Published July 1st 2012 by Orion Publishing (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Villa Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Villa Girls

Kiwiflora
What more can one ask for over the summer/Christmas holiday period than lying down with a bit of chick-lit. How blissful and escapist! I had forgotten how intensely enjoyable a bit of relaxing, romantic and light reading can be. And you can read extraordinarily quickly which enables you to move onto the next one...

And, to take the bliss one step further, how about a setting of southern Italy, to an olive estate, owned and operated by the one family for some generations - oh the history, the fami
Ana
It could be 5 stars instead of 4 if the ending wasn't rushed.
How to start, the book is very easy to read, the story is very well developed which is something rare to see for this kind of romance and the characters are quite likeable.

What i liked in this book: The two main characters have their own chapters, Rosie talks in the first person and the Enzo chapters are in the third person. You have the opportunity to know each character, their story before they met, their life years before the "prese
Carla Soares
Leitura agradável, muita comida boa... tão boa!

Escolhera o livro pela capa com rapariga bonita e sol de Verão, a prometer uma leitura leve como um copo de sangria branca ao fim do dia, e ele cumpria, com um início de prólogo, "Sinto-me feliz solteira, a sério que sinto. Na minha vida não há espaço para um homem. No meu guarda roupa não há espaço para as meias e para os casacos de malha dele, e em lado nenhum há espaço para os frascos de gel do cabelo ou para as lâminas de barbear." a sugerir um
Catarina
Foi o segundo livro que li da autora, mas não superou o primeiro, Caffè Amore.

Uma vez mais, todas as referências a Itália e à comida italiana dão vontade de regressar (e de comer melhor lá!), porque não há como não imaginar de forma imensamente vívida tudo o que é descrito com tanta destreza.

Contudo, a história podia ter sido melhor explorada, melhor aproveitada. O que senti enquanto lia foi que muito se repetia, passagens, frases, acontecimentos…por mais que uma vez dei por mim a pensar que uma
Jacqui Mccann
after reading Delicious and The Italian Wedding I found the Villa Girls disappointing and didnt feel the essence of italy was captured as well. Slow to start the story only kicks in halfway through the book whilst the ending feels rushed. Not the authors best book at all I was left with the feeling it wasnt as well thought out and was a rushed by product of the Italian Wedding that didnt really seem to fit.
Thyrze
Het is een leuk verhaal voor tussendoor, maar het kwam maar langzaam op gang. Ik was al over de helft toen de gebeurtenissen uit de samenvatting pas gebeurden..
Piad
An easy read. Good choice for a quite weekend or for holiday as it's light & fluffy but still enjoyable.
Katherine
OK read...I agreewithh others the endig was rushed and unsatisfying.
callan una
I really really enoyed this book. It was a quick read, with a nice pace. The book characters drew me in quickly from the first chapter & made me want to know how the story progressed and how the lives of the characters would pan out.
I suppose some might disparagingly describe this as "Chick Lit", however the story & writing are much better than that, and certainly the first 3/4 of the book really moves along at a cracking pace. The characters are well written and the main character is i
The Cats Mother
I tracked this down to read mainly because it was on the Top 100 list a couple of years ago, and I felt like something light and summery. It's about 4 girls who go on holiday after finishing school, and despite not particularly getting on, decide to have more villa holidays together - apparently because they're all too dysfunctional to find friends they actually like. Rosie the heroine lost her parents in a car crash and is solitary, brittle and pessimistic; Adollorata is brash and feisty and dr ...more
Edel
Marijke
....het boek gaat over de levens van Rosie en de italiaanse jongen Enzo.... 2 aparte verhalen die eigenlijk pas aan het einde bij elkaar komen...mooi verteld....Rosie die op jongen leeftijd haar ouders verliest en een klein beetje ontspoord die bevriend raakt met een 3 meiden waar ze mee op vakantie gaat ....vakantie bevalt zo goed dat ze 3 jaar later nog een keer met zn allen gaan ze komen in een klein italiaans dorpje waar ze Enzo en zn vrienden ontmoeten .... Rosie en Enzo worden verliefd...m ...more
Mariazita
Depois de algumas leituras mais pesada mas muito boas, que tenho lido,um livrinho de Nicky Pellegrino é sempre bem vindo.
E entramos de férias novamente , pelas terras quentes, paisagens magnificas e receitas deliciosas da Itália.
Um livro destes, em que degustamos receitas cheias de sabor, um romance terno, escrito de uma maneira simples e directa , é sempre bom.E tenho mais livros da autora para ler no intervalo das próximas leitura.
Aconselho a ler.
Laurissa
I really liked the book from the beginning. It's easy to read and fun. Half way through they kind of skip a bunch of years which I didn't really like, the writing got kind of fast, it felt like the writer wanted to finish it quickly. Near the end it got better again and I started enjoying it again.
Sofia Marques
Quem não queria ter um amor assim!?? Revi-me tão bem nesta história.
Adoro o facto de ler a perspectiva dela e depois a dele. Cativa ainda mais e como a escrita é fluída ainda mais fácil se torna a leitura!
Chantal
Verhaal komt traag op gang. Je bent al in de tweede helft van het boek op moment dat de hoofdpersonages elkaar eindelijk ontmoeten. Hun romance is soms wat ongeloofwaardig maar al bij al toch leuke vakantielectuur.
Margarida
Hum... fiquei desiludida. Ao início, a história pareceu-me prometedora, mas depois começou a esmorecer. As personagens também não ajudaram. A protagonista era deprimente, assim como muitas outras personagens. Pelo menos o Beppi animava as coisas e tornou o livro um pouquinho divertido.
Denise  Covey
I loved this book, with the stories of the intertwined characters who were very believable. Set in both London and Italy by the sea, it was amazing! An escapist holiday read!
Mekerei
Nicky Pellegrino has once again written a good read. The story line isn't as lite as her others, its about four girls as they mature through their teens and twenties.

It's an excellent chic lit of friendships, careers, life and food.

I love the way that Nicky Pellegrino manages to weave bits of her books into each other.

Four & half stars
Lieve
een leuke vlotte roman, ideaal boek om in zomerse temperaturen uit te lezen
Liz
Always wanted to go to Italy, this book makes me want to go all the more!
Celliej
Verrassend! Ik dacht eigenlijk dat ik een chicklit aan het lezen was, waardoor ik in het begin even mijn verwachtingen moest bijstellen. Ik vond het een erg leuk, makkelijk boek waar toch een prima verhaal in zat en uiteindelijk ook de romantiek die je van een chicklit zou verwachten. Wat ikzelf erg goed vond is het feit dat je de twee hoofdpersonen leert kennen enkele jaren voordat ze elkaar leren kennen, waardoor je meer van hun achtergrond weet en er meer diepgang in het boek zit. Van deze sc ...more
Justine
Easy, enjoyable read.
Ailhlin
I really enjoyed this and it's certainly an easy summer read, both the food and the Italian descriptions were enjoyable.
(view spoiler)
All in all though a good read.
Nicki
Loved this book. The story is wonderful and its written so well that as you're reading you can imagine it all happening. there are characters here from her last book 'The Italian Wedding' which I also really enjoyed, and it was nice to find out a bit more about them as there lives connected with other characters. This book is definitely not fluffy chick lit but intelligent chick lit as there is more it it than girls having a good time.
Melissa
Really enjoyed reading this book. Though I totally agree with others, the ending felt rushed and a bit unsatisfying.
Natalie Angus

This book didn't pull me in the same as Nicky's other books have. I enjoyed it but could easily go a few days without reading it. I liked the character's and like the fact the Italian bit was set in the same place as previous novels. Like other reviews I've read I felt she was quick to finish the book, but maybe that lend's itself to a sequel!?
Debbie
Loved it..... amazing descriptions of (mainly) Italian food, Italian life in the south, people etc etc.... with a good story line. I wasn't sure which way it was going to go right to the end.

I love Nicky Pellegrino's books and if you do to you should also try Adriana Trigiani
Samantha Adkins
This book took some effort to get through. I enjoyed the cooking parts, but didn't really believe the romance between Enzo and Rosie. Does anyone know if this was supposed to mirror Jane Austen's Persuasion? I thought maybe with the letter Enzo writes and the long wait between first love and second meeting. Not a very strong tie, however.
Chantal
my first Nicky Pellegrino. and it was more real than i expected. a real heroine with very realistic emotions and issues. at the same time easy to read. no complex sub plots and a village of characters to keep track of. still kept me interested and wondering how things will fit together. perfect book for my end of summer holiday read.
  • The Villa in Italy
  • The Very Picture of You
  • Dancing with the Ferryman
  • The Way to a Woman's Heart
  • The Importance of Being Kennedy
  • Ruined by Moonlight (Whispers of Scandal, #1)
  • Dolci di Love
  • Rosewater and Soda Bread
I was born and grew up near Liverpool, England. For a while I worked as a magazine journalist in London but then 21 years ago I came on holiday to New Zealand and met my future husband Carne Bidwill at a wedding. Now we live together near a beach in Auckland with our dogs Charlie the standard poodle and Lucy the pointer. I spend my time writing novels, working as a freelance journalist, riding my ...more
More about Nicky Pellegrino...
The Italian Wedding Recipe for Life Delicious When in Rome The Gypsy Tearoom