Start by marking “Agatha Raisin Omnibus: The Quiche of Death, The Potted Gardener, The Vicious Vet and The Walkers of Dembley” as Want to Read:

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Agatha Raisin Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Agatha Raisin Omnibus

Sho
May 27, 2012 Sho rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sho by: Kindle deal of the day
Oh, I see the kindle editions are slowly coming onto Goodreads.

20th May - I've read the whole of Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death (the first Agatha Raisin story) today. I started in the gym, and continued in the garden this afternoon, and then after dinner. It was a lot of fun, and it refreshing to have a main protagonist who isn't perfect, gorgeous, IQ of 475 etc etc. She's middle aged, a little chunky (and getting fatter). Some nice peripheral characters too, in particular Bill Wong the p...more
Ellyreynolds
I have read the first of these - The Quiche of Death - and it was brilliant. Light reading but very funny. I found myself smiling and laughing to myself ..... now reading the Vicious Vet
Janis Hill
This omnibus contains the first four books in the Agatha Raisin series. It's not the first time I've read them, but first time as an ebook. None of them have lost their shine or appeal. They are fun, witty, still hold an intrigue to keep you wanting to read and never a dull moment.

If you're interested in a light-hearted murder mysteries set in that magical part of the UK that seems to have a lot of such goings on happening (Midsomer, Lewis/Morse, etc) then this is definitely another series to ad...more
Kirsty
Nice, easy mysteries with silly but inventive murders. I like Agatha but cannot understand her attraction to James Lacey. In all honesty I think M C Beaton should have provided a far more deserving love interest and a few less details on various meals. Nonetheless Agatha Raisin has become one of my favourite series.
Jax
Kindle edition. Well, I just had to keep reading! 4 novels in an omnibus edition and I read all of them and am now tempted to get the next one. The main character Agatha Raisin, who is possibly a cross between Agatha Christie and Miss Marple, becomes an amateur detective in the Cotswold village where she moves to upon early retirement. She becomes besotted with a local bachelor too and joins with him as a 'detective' but manages to put him off a relationship with her through her own over enthusi...more
Abi Jamison
Not my cup of tea. I found the characters flat, rather like the cardboard cutouts in the childrens' tv show Paddington. I even imagined them sliding into view rather than walking. I also found that whilst reading I felt really sad, almost desolate, so not the fun, fluffy read I was hoping for.

I would say that I gave up part way through the first story - I find that as I get older I physically cannot finish books that I am not enjoying. I just find myself doing other things until I realise I don...more
Caroline
A late conversion to Agatha Raisin which I can happily recommend for a guilty, but fun read. It's not great literature but funny, easy to read and satisfying. I've instantly started reading the next one and could imagine reading them all one after the other. Very satisfying to know there are many more.
But like Maeve Binchy and Janet Evanovich, these are not books to impress your book club with. Best kept a secret if you want to appear literary and tasteful.
Jackie Spaulding
The Agatha Raisin mysteries remind me of the series of No# 1 Detective Agency books, except this time the setting is England, and the main character is more prickly than Princess Ramotswe. The books are relaxing to read, have a real feeling of small village life, and can be read quickly. No, they are not deep, nor are they "important", but they make for an enjoyable afternoon of reading.
Anna
The first few books in the series are a fun read as Agatha continues to adjust to village life in retirement and stumbles into adventures. i stopped reading after the 8th book, because they stopped being cozy reads and just started getting weird and repetitive.
Amelia
A great introduction to Agatha Raisin for new fans to enjoy. Each book is an easy length and the stories keep pace without too much extranous detail.
Great new writing for those who enjoy traditional whodunnits with a modern twist.
Nina
Really good, really funny, not that murder is funny.I actually laughed out loud! I will continue to read the series and find out what Agatha does next.....
Christine
A fun and relaxing romp. Lovely "time out" books.
Lynne Bond
Loved them all addictive highly recommend.
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Shazia
Shazia added it
Sep 18, 2014
Ryszard
Ryszard marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
SKG
SKG marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Like her on Facebook!

Learn more on her website!

Marion Chesney Gibbons

Marion Chesney was born on 1936 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK, and started her first job as a bookseller in charge of the fiction department in John Smith & Sons Ltd. While bookselling, by chance, she got an offer from the Scottis...more
More about M.C. Beaton...
The Quiche of Death (Agatha Raisin, #1) Death Of A Gossip (Hamish Macbeth, #1) Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet (Agatha Raisin, #2) Death of a Cad (Hamish Macbeth, #2) Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)