Start by marking “I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans, #4; The Sullivans, #4)” as Want to Read:
I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans, #4; The Sullivans, #4)

Read eBook

I Only Have Eyes for You (San Francisco Sullivans #4)

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  12,727 Ratings  ·  641 Reviews
"Not since Nora Roberts has anyone been able to write a big family romance series with every book as good as the last. Bella Andre never disappoints." ~ Revolving Bookcase Reviews

BOOK DESCRIPTION: The only woman Jake McCann wants is the one he can never have. But even though he knows loving Sophie Sullivan isn’t the right thing to can he possibly resist?

Sophie S
Published February 22nd 2012 by Oak Press LLC (first published February 21st 2012)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

I Only Have Eyes for You is the fourth book in Bella Andre’s The Sullivans series and such an awesome story! It’s my first taste of this author’s writing, but it most certainly will not be my last.
Sophie Sullivan has been in love with Jake McCann since she first laid eyes on him when she was just five years old. She knows that Jake has always seen her as the “nice” girl who’s simply too good for him and his bad boy ways, but Sophie’s decided to pull out all the stops and make him see the real he
I loved it!

I instantly fell in love with Jake as it was obvious that he was a sexy dominant man but had issues and insecurities but kept those from Sophie. When combined with Sophie’s issues and insecurities it made a story that was full of angst which I really liked.

Poor Sophie felt the ‘invisible’ member of her family and had been in love with Jake for years but knew that she just wasn’t in his league and wasn’t the type of girl he would normally go for. Jake was considered to be a bit of a ba
This book was decent for the most part. I do feel like it did not realize its potential. I like the friends to lovers theme. I like the unrequited love theme. I like the falling in love with your brother's best friend theme. This book didn't really take advantage of any of them. The writing was not bad but I felt that the plot was not really tight. The rest of this review is what I would tell this author if I was in a critique group with her. There are major spoilers so read at your own peril.

Duchess Nicole
"If you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.
If you must steal, steal away from bad company.
And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

Jake has been an honorary member of the Sullivan family for nearly twenty years. And Sophie Sullivan has been in love with him since she was five. But she's the "nice" twin, the shy librarian, the one always in the background who does what she should instead of what she wants. Until now. Chase and Chloe's wedding brings out
I Only Have Eyes For You by Bella Andre
Book # 4 in the Sullivan Series
Read: 6/14/2012
Heat Factor: 5/5 - Sizzling Hot and Sensual
My Rating: 4/5
I received this eArc courtesy of Netgalley/Oak Press LLC.
“If you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.”
And without a doubt there are many moments in this book that completely took my breath away!

Sophie Sullivan has loved Jak
Anne OK
Feb 23, 2012 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
A worthy addition to this extremely well-done series. This one seemed shorter to me than the others -- maybe because I enjoyed it so much that time just flew by. Both Jake and Sophie were fun characters to get to know. Jake's "secret" caught me completely by surprise but given Sophie's career, it fit well with the storyline. Together they made a wonderful couple and watching their relationship deepen made for a very romantic read.

Also fun to be a part of Chase and Chloe's wedding day and to see
"If you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.
If you must steal, steal away from bad company.
If you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

I loved this book! This fourth book in the Sullivan Series has been my favorite so far! This was the story of Jake McCann and Sophie Sullivan, and how they fell in love. I should point out that they have been in love with each other since they were children; Jake hid it and Sophie was more open about it. Jake was a friend of he
Sep 26, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
Another winner from this series! I know it's not the most original storyline, but it's sweet, sexy and just downright addictive! Jack McCann and Sophie are perfect for each other, not to mention, I was a little teary in some parts. Loved it!
Aug 14, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
3.5 Stars

Twenty-five year-old Sophie Sullivan is one of six children. With four overly protective brothers and twin sister, any man she decides to date doesn’t stand a chance. But Sophie doesn’t want just any man; she wants long-time family-friend and bad-boy, Jake. Unbeknownst to either of them, they’ve each harbored a secret crush and longing for the other for years. Sophie feels Jake could never notice her, the “nice” one of the twins, she feels plain and ordinary compared to the other Sulliv
~E~ Riverina Romantics
** Content warning - this review will contain an uncomfortable amount of gushing, fan girl squealing and the occasional swoon of excitement **

Loved it. Loved it, loved it, loved it, LOVED IT.

This is exactly the type of romance I crave. The entire story is based on the love between the two protagonists. Nobody is trying to save the world, there isn't a side story that distracts from the relationship and the additional minor characters only play a small role.

*insert schoolgirl squeal*

My heart is
Nov 26, 2013 Shawna rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary-romance, author-bella-andre-bella-riley, made-me-cry, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, friends-to-lovers, offlimits-bf-likekidsister-jailbait, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, sizable-packages, tattoos-piercings-body-art, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, i-read-library, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-commoner-self-made, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, hero-or-heroine-italian, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, heroine-bluestocking-unconventional, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, unrequited-love-crush, 4-stars, steam-3-hot, childhood-ties-friends-sweethearts, hero-brooding, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hh-across-the-tracks, hh-rags-to-riches, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hh-bad-communication-conflict-mgmt, hh-big-constant-misunderstandings, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, heroine-girl-next-door, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, rt-book-reviews-4-and-a-half-stars, hero-black-sheep, hero-tattalizing, hero-asshat-award-hall-of-shame, hh-resist-cause-im-no-good-for-you, hero-entrepreneur-mogul-tycoon-ceo, hero-player-manwhore-sex-addict, hero-reformed-rake-player, heroine-in-pursuit, heroine-makeover, heroine-classy-lady, heroine-good-girl-nice, hero-uber-alpha-domineering, heroine-good-girl-tempted-gone-wild, hh-learning-disability, syrupy-sweet-sentimental-schmaltz, hero-alpha, series-sullivans, 2013-reads, hero-wrong-side-of-the-tracks, older-hero-younger-heroine, may-december-romance, loved-you-from-afar-or-for-years, hh-jeez-just-frigging-talk-already
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

This started out a strong 4.5 stars, but I got really irritated with Sophie's and Jake's lack of communication. There were too many times I wanted them to actually TALK to each other instead of thinking everything. That's a complaint I have about the previous books in the series as well, but it really annoyed me this time since I liked the H/h better and was more invested in their relationship and HEA. But this is still my favorite of the series so far.
Aug 08, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
9/8 - I love all the themes in this book - friends to lovers, in love with sibling's friend, and unrequited love - and I love that I was able to identify them (if you've read some of my other reviews you’ll know about my previous issues with themes).

Of course Jake was an idiot about not feeling good enough for Sophie, but when he finally gave in it was so sweet and romantic and hot.

This is a series I would definitely consider buying because, like all my old favourites from Mum's collection, I ca
Kellie G.
Apr 11, 2012 Kellie G. rated it it was amazing
Another winner!! Can't wait for the next book in this series to come out. I totally love this whole family!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Feb 24, 2012 Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: didi-reviews
CREME de la CREME pick!

Review Posted at Guilty Pleasures

Two months into 2012 and I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU by Bella Andre has raised the bar my for favorite books of 2012 to astronomical heights.

Sophie Sullivan aka NICE to her twin's Lori's NAUGHTY. Sophie has grown up surrounded by the love of her 7 siblings and her mother. Sophie is the "normal" one in a family full of superstars and even with all of their love and companionship she has lived her life in the shadows of their shine. Tired of b
Vanaf de eerste bladzijden werd ik in het verhaal gezogen. Ik kon me heel erg herkennen in Sophie. Die intense stille verliefdheid op de prille leeftijd van vijf jaar: yep, been there. Het stille wachten, dromen, hopen, met mijn neus in de boeken: done that!
Alleen bleef het onderwerp van haar verliefdheid in haar leven als de vriend aan huis bij de Sullivans.
Het wordt al snel duidelijk dat de aantrekking wederzijds is. Hoe en waarom, moet je zelf maar lezen. :-) Dat ga ik niet vertellen, maar he
May 10, 2012 Yvonne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-feb
I love Bella Andre, she can do no wrong in my book.
Sweet and dirty uncomplicated romance - just what I needed!
Becky Condit
Feb 23, 2012 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
Bella Andre’s voice as a romance writer just keeps getting stronger and stronger with her SULLIVANS SERIES. The latest volume in the series, #4, is I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU, and it is a keeper, to be read again and again.
Ms Andre writes from the heart so this is a very emotional book. She can find the words to wring laughter, tears, joy, and deep sadness out of her characters as well as her readers, yet wind up with an HEA that brings great satisfaction. I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU is a character-
Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)
Feb 29, 2012 Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun) rated it it was amazing
There are two plot points in contemporary romances I am a sucker for and I Only Have Eyes For You had both of them! I absolutely loved this book. I tore through it; I could not put it down. I knew Sophie's book was going to be good but I didn't think it was going to be that good! As much as I like her brothers, Sophie's book is my favorite book of the series. I can't wait to see how Bella Andre is going to top this one. She definitely knocked this one out of the park.

Jake isn't a Sullivan by blo
Apr 23, 2012 Britainy rated it really liked it
This was fantabulous!! I love this series and this book did not fail my expectations.

Nice girl and the bad boy, who could ask for a better pairing. Jake was yummy and hard core and sensitive and . . . yummy! And Sophie was sweet and caring and adventurous and daring!

Sophie went after what she wanted and got it, big time. Let's add determined to that list above. Even when she gets way more than she bargained for she does not step down and cower in the corner. She preservers and pushes past all of
Sep 14, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: 4.5/5

This fourth book in Bella Andre’s Sullivan family series is my favorite. The heroine is a quiet, smart, book worm librarian, who has always loved Jake from the moment her little five year old self saw him. Jake is a business man, running a successful chain of pubs, but his life growing up was anything but normal. He had an abusive father and even worse for Jake, he never learned to read. Reading never came easy for him, the only Sullivan
Mar 28, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: april
Can I have 6 stars please!!

I loved this book! Sophie is the youngest Sullivan sibling. She's been in love with Jake McCann since she was five years old. Jake is known as the ninth Sullivan and has always acted like an older brother to Sophie (little did she know Jake's feelings for her weren't brotherly). :)

I immediately fell in love with these two. I cheered for Sophie when she went after Jake and I felt for her when her heart was breaking. I loved that she took ownership of her feelings for J
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
Alright, I'm done. This series is not for me and I'm sure it isn't anything to do with the author or the book other than it just isn't my cuppa. It's probably easier to point out what I didn't like than what I did (considering I liked very little and considered DNFing the book, but I had already invested too much time listening to it and I needed to see it through).

1. Sophie lays out her big plan to get Jake to notice her....but then spills her guts to him, effectively derailing the plan. What w
I Only Have Eyes For You is a wonderful book and my favorite of the series. Jake is not your ordinary bad-boy while Sophie is more than her nickname 'nice'. I'm glad we got to see the depth of these two characters beyond the stereotypes everyone else sees.

A sweet story of an always and forever kind of love.
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
The best Sullivan's book yet...I could not put it down. Sophie and Jake's story is my favorite kind of romantic book to read. Loved it!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Posted on Under the Covers

Since the first book of this series, Bella Andre has got me hooked on this over-achieving, fun-loving family. Every book has got me dreamy-eyed because I can’t help but fall in love with each of the Sullivan men.

In Bella Andre’s latest release, I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU, we get the first story from one of the twin girls, Sophie. Out of the two, Sophie is known as the nice one. She’s the level-headed, sensible and sweet librarian who everyone wants to protect. She’s a ro
Mary  O'Brien
Feb 24, 2012 Mary O'Brien rated it it was amazing
**I Only Have Eyes For You is book number 4 in the Sullivan Series. However, the characters show up throughout all the books, it is not necessary to read them in order**

The Look Of Love (Chase & Chloe, The Sullivans #1)
From This Moment On (Marcus & Nicola, The Sullivans #2)
Can't Help Falling In Love (Gabe & Megan, The Sullivans #3)

Look for the book, If You Were Mine coming out Summer of 2012!

This love story was yet a brilliant one by Bella Andre. In the previous books, it has all bee
Joy (joyous reads)
Jan 17, 2013 Joy (joyous reads) rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
Of all the books in this series, Sophie's story is the one that I looked forward to reading the most. The book nerd in me have always loved a librarian heroine. To top it off, the hero is a childhood friend whom she loved from afar and forever. Needless to say, this one was sure to be a hit. And while Ms. Andre did a phenomenal job telling how their story came to be, I think I was missing some passion, to be honest.

As heated as their encounters were, the desperation to be with one another was la
This is a HEA book lover's guilty pleasure! Jake McCann is a tattooed Irish hunk who had a crappy childhood.
Your alternate text
Despite that, he is now a wealthy owner of numerous Pub's in the San Francisco area. He is also the quintessential bad boy who never thought settling down was something in his future, or something he deserved. He grew up with the Sullivan bunch and his buddies sister Sophie was always off-limits. But one day that changes.
vanessa marcil Pictures, Images and Photos
Sophie Sullivan is a super-smart, gorgeous librarian who always ha
Jun 08, 2012 Sandra rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: contemp. romance lovers
Recommended to Sandra by: no one to thank, sadly
I Only Have Eyes For You is a sweet yet powerfully emotional romance between a "nice" virginal librarian and a rough pub owner struggling with ghosts of his past.

Sophie, the youngest of the 8 Sullivan siblings in this series (together with her twin sister Lori) has always been the nice half of the twins, whereas Lori is known as the naughty one. For 20 years, Sophie has loved and yearned for Jake McCann, a man who's been sort of adopted into the Sullivan family and is best friends with one of h
Ask Bella Andre -...: Discussion thread for "I Only Have Eyes For You" 11 35 Jul 01, 2014 08:04PM
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • Falling for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #4)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • Making Chase (Chase Brothers, #4)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
Bella Andre is the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of “The Sullivans” and “The Morrisons” series.

Having sold more than 5 million books, Bella Andre’s novels have been #1 bestsellers around the world and have appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists 28 times. She has been the #1 Ranked Author at Amazon (on a top 10 list that included Nora Robe
More about Bella Andre...

San Francisco Sullivans (9 books)
  • The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1)
  • From This Moment On (San Francisco Sullivans, #2; The Sullivans, #2)
  • Can't Help Falling in Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #3; The Sullivans, #3)
  • If You Were Mine (San Francisco Sullivans, #5; The Sullivans, #5)
  • Let Me Be the One (San Francisco Sullivans, #6; The Sullivans, #6)
  • Come A Little Bit Closer (San Francisco Sullivans, #7; The Sullivans, #7)
  • Always on My Mind (San Francisco Sullivans, #8; The Sullivans, #8)
  • Kissing Under the Mistletoe (San Francisco Sullivans, #9; The Sullivans, #9)

“I've always liked books," she said softly. "I love being around them. I love getting loaf in a story, a world. I love that I can become anyone, that I can become anyone, that I can live any fantasy.” 28 likes
“If you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love.
If you must steal, steal away from bad company.
And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.”