Start by marking “Wolves of the West” as Want to Read:
Wolves of the West

Wolves of the West

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Sometimes your life is defined by the things you have to keep hidden, whether it's being gay or what happens when the moon is full.
ebook
Published December 2nd 2011 by MLR Press, LLC (first published November 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wolves of the West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolves of the West

Mackenzie
It was somewhere between page 7 and 9 that I started giggling like a small child. Then I tweeted the author about this reaction. Her response was: "That's the effect I was hoping for. It's a very silly story!" It is a silly little story but then I threw myself at her feet (or, rather, Tweet) and begged for a sequel.

I imagine any Cochrane fan would do the same. First of all, Charlie Cochrane writing a contemporary M/M story about werewolves? Surely, this is reason enough for anyone to say, "This,
Jerry
Charming 10 minute read. Charlie wrote a contemporary? Wait, it's a werewolf story too? You have to meet these wolves--they are like no other in the genre. Even though it's contemporary, the MCs were born over 100 years ago and their proper British upbringing is very much part of the early 20th century--not today's world. A polite werewolf with manners? As another reviewer wrote, the author intended this to be funny. Would love to see a continuation.Cheers!
Joshua
I'm not usually too into the werewolf/vampire type stories, but I took a chance on this one because of the author. I wasn't disappointed. It is a very short story concerning some very well-behaved werewolves. I could see this as a launching point for a full novel at some point in the future.
Stevie Carroll
Sold as a Ten Minute Read, this managed to pack in a lot of worldbuilding for such a short story, but also left a lot of tantalising threads hanging. I really wanted to know more about all the main characters and their interactions, and would definitely be all over a longer follow-up.
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Sylvie
Sylvie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Lillian Francis
Lillian Francis marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Sally halliday
Sally halliday marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Kerstin
Kerstin marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Hellspark72
Hellspark72 marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Didi
Didi marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2012
-RMG
-RMG marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2012
Emilie
Emilie added it
Jan 02, 2012
Elin
Elin marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2011
As Charlie Cochrane couldn't be trusted to do any of her jobs of choice - like managing a rugby team - she writes. Her favourite genre is gay fiction, predominantly historical romances/mysteries, but she's making an increasing number of forays into the modern day. She's even been known to write about gay werewolves - albeit highly respectable ones.

Her Cambridge Fellows series of Edwardian romantic
More about Charlie Cochrane...
Lessons in Love (Cambridge Fellows, #1) Lessons in Desire (Cambridge Fellows, #2) Lessons in Discovery (Cambridge Fellows, #3) Lessons in Power (Cambridge Fellows, #4) Lessons in Temptation (Cambridge Fellows, #5)