Damian's Immortal (War of Gods, #3)

Damian's Immortal (War of Gods #3)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  819 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Published December 1st 2011 by Kettlecorn Press

jD
Straight Up -- these are the hottest sexless alpha males I have ever come across. These novellas are like little jolts of electricity...they get me all tingly. I am completely addicted. I am almost glad there is fade-to-black sex because I don't know if I could stand it. These characters are very sexual so I can only imagine how combustable the scenes would be if they were there. Yeah, I am feeling kindhearted about the lack of sex in this series because the stories are too good to punish.

Each m...more
Katie
Ms. Lizzy does it again, and I erally hate her for it! This book was great. She did a very nice job of bringing in prior characters from the prior books that I appreciate. I am SO glad I came across the first book in this series (Damian's Oracle" back in Feb 2011 because she has entertained me with every book in different ways. She is a talented writer that can keep you glued to your seat reading and reading and make you upset if you have to quit (like needing to go to bed, or finishing the book...more
Phoenix
After the Grey God (Darian) zapping all the Guardians power leaves Jule unfortunately stranded in Ireland with no powers. The Watcher comes and gives Jules the opportunity to redeem himself. He has to kill the Magician as she will rip the two realms apart and the Original Beings will escape and bring chaos. Jules excepts the mission partially until he meets Yully (The Magician) and realizes that Yully isn't who she was made out to be. She was adopted by an Other a very long time ago. She has bee...more
Courtney Robichaux
I agree with a lot of other reviewers... this book felt much shorter than the first 2 in the series but it was still very good!
Jule is coincidentally "stuck" in Ireland and asked by a Watcher to kill a Magician who is powerful enough to open the portal between the immortal and mortal world. Jule finds the magician but she's not the evil woman the Watcher implied she would be. He finds Yully; she's an innocent and talented girl who's been raised by an Other with a dark purpose. Jule then begins t...more
Charles
Another great story from one of my newly found favorite authors! I feel Lizzy Ford has really found her pace in this third installment. There are new characters to meet and plenty of old friends to blend the stories together. This one was the best by far! I really liked the plotline and how Lizzy has set us up for the fourth book for the Grey god. I can't wait till the next one comes out! Keep up the great work Lizzy!
Margaret

Book 3, War of Gods series. The White God’s most trusted friend, Jule, has his powers stripped by the Watchers. They give him an impossible mission: find the mysterious Magician and kill her, before she reopens the gateway between the realms. Jule quickly discovers the beautiful Magician is not what the Watchers claim. Afraid of her own powers, the Magician has lived a sheltered life, a near-prisoner of someone determined to use her magic to destroy the human world. The Magician, Yully, must ch

Melissa
Of course I loved Damian's Immortal, I enjoyed reading Lizzy's 3rd installment of the War of Gods series. I liked Jules character from the beginning because he seemed lost. This book made me like his character more and more. Lizzy's writing is so expressive and descriptive that it seems like you're right there with the characters in the book. Now I'm anxiously awaiting her next book about Darian and Jenn.
Emmanuelle
It was so good that I finished it within 24 hours. A lot of great things were revealed in the third book, questions answered that we've wondered about. Jule was a great one to get to know better and to find out who he really is. A great sequel to "Oracle" and "Assassin". I've already started on Grey God.
Francisco Caamano
Another great read, I liked this one just as much as the first two. I hope these books turn into movies in the near future. The power the characters have should be very cool on the big screen.
Crystal
The War of God's series is what introduced me to Lizzy Ford's writing. It is full of twist's and turns and shows how each hard-nosed man loses his heart and sometimes his mind.
Jessica
This series is great, very entertaining and fun. I love the characters and all of the action. These books have all had me hooked. I look forward to the next!
Kimberly
I have a thing for tattoos....so Jule has had my attention since I heard about him..he always seems so calm too but so deadly! Another great read Lizzy!
Lordyson Godson
I really liked it is all i can say, it was a nice work creating scenarios for all those otherworldly beings. I enjoyed it.
Thanks Lizzy Ford.
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Favourite Line "I have a home, she whispered."You really are mine. He can't hurt us this time."

Man I love this series!!
Jessica Holloway
i loved this. everything i have read of lizzy for becomes a obsession dont want to put it down.
Melissa
Great read! I couldn't put it down & read all three books in two days!
Jo Ann
Third book in the series, as well written as the first two.
Nickyrian
I can't get enough of this series. Every installment is different, and it is just getting better and better. Finally, Ms. Lizzy Ford has revealed the true being of Jule, and she has introduced a new character, Xander...a vampire and an Original Being who is sent to mortal realm to assist the Black God, Jonny. His existence on earth is still a mystery. Maybe his purpose will be revealed in the "The Grey God's book," which the story evolves on Darian. Anyway, another great read. Moving on to next...more
Shawn
Book 3 in the series was just as great as the first 2! Yully has the power to turn things into other things and draws the energy of others into herself. She has been raised since the age of 12 by an Other who wants to open the gate for mortals and immortals using Yully. Jule is ordered to kill the magician, but when he meets her knows she is special and has found his mate. The battle with the vamps continues and the Black God continues to grow more powerful. Book 4 to read now!! I love the writi...more
Ginelle Blanch
Continue to love this series! I like that once a couple's book is written, they don't just fall out of the story! All of the characters are very much prominent parts of every book. Love Jule, he's so...calm compared with Damian, Dusty, and Darian...very level headed and WARM! Very loyal and duty driven but, willing to bend. And, Yully is something else! I love her spunk and how she doesn't seem to give up. She takes so much from her "father" and just keeps her chin up no matter what. I like a he...more
Vasya
Of the three books I've read, this one was definitely the worst yet. I could't help myself to read this, but I'm not going anywhere near the fourth one.

I really am sad that this was so bad, because the mythology had so much potential. The romance was dry at best and characters were really, really bad.
Tfig1113
I just LOVE this Series. I never read anything by this author until I started the series. The first book Damian's Oracle almost put me off the series. I feel like this was one of her first books. After that first one, the author learned to edit herself and after that, the story grew into a fantastic read.
Rhonda
Not as good as the previous two stories but not a bad book. Predictable is my biggest complaint.
Kerry-Anne Samuel
Brilliant! Time to start the grey god ;)
Jenny
A bit too short for me. Also this time, the whole book was almost entirely focused only in one story (Jules and Yully). I didn't feel that in previous two. I mean, there has always been one or two main characters but I didn't feel other's experiences were less important. Maybe this time, cause book was so short, there was no room to develop more outside Jules and Yully. Great book anyway, and again, once you start, you don't want to stop anymore.
Shelly Blackmore
Thanks again, Good Reads for this giveaway. Damian's Immortal is book three in the War of Gods series, where the White God Damian, along with his Guardians, war against the Black God, Jonny, and his Vamps. Add a dash of Originals, Watchers and Others, and you've got yourself a supernatural battle of good vs. evil, with a touch of heartwarming romance to tie it all together. I enjoyed this book, and I look forward to finding the two previous installments.
Sue
Jan 08, 2012 Sue rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
Another great story in the secret immortal world that Lizzy Ford has created to protect the human world and the balance of Good and Evil. I did't feel very attached to Jule after the first two books but found him very interesting. This world is complicated and fascinating. The characters are well written and remain true to themselves. I'm looking forward to the Grey God's story.
Vicky
"Let's go, Charlie," Damian said an offered his hand to the vamp. "Charles," the vamp corrected him. "whatever."
"Yes, Ikir. I'd do anything to get out of the f**** kitchen," - Charles (exchange vamp)

This book, just like the previous two of the series, had it's comedy relief moments. Easy, fun read. Thank goodness I bought the box set, so I'm ready for book 4.

Carrie
I love these books! I wish there were more of them, but I'll have to settle for gobbling them up as soon as they come out :-)

The characters are great, and I can even forgive the lack of smut -- I especially like the fact that, while there is a bunch of story from the "bad guy" perspective, it doesn't annoy me like it does in other series.
  • Unquiet Slumber (Blue Fire, #1)
  • Cosmos' Promise (Cosmos' Gateway, #4)
  • Foretold (Daughters Of Saraqael, #3)
  • Engulf (New World, #5)
  • Blood and Sand (Elemental World, #2)
  • Alien, Mine
  • Legacy (The Niteclif Evolutions, #1)
  • Total Recall (Cyberevolution, #6)
  • Conflicted (Keegan's Chronicles, #2)
  • Fledge (I Am Just Junco, #2)
  • Prime Obsession (The Prime Chronicles, #1)
  • Quenched (Parched, #3)
  • Ember (Ember, #1)
  • Tegan's Magic (The Ultimate Power, #3)
  • Aiden and Ky (Tales of the Shareem, #3)
Lizzy Ford is the author of over seventeen novels written for young adult and adult paranormal romance readers, to include the internationally bestselling Rhyn Trilogy, Witchling Trilogy and the War of Gods series. Considered a freak of nature by her peers for the ability to write and release a commercial quality novel in under a month, Lizzy has focused on keeping her readers happy by producing b...more
More about Lizzy Ford...
Damian's Oracle (War of Gods, #1) Katie's Hellion (Rhyn Trilogy, #1) Zoey Rogue (Incubatti, #1) Katie's Hope (Rhyn Trilogy, #2) Dark Summer (The Witchling, #1)