Start by marking “Why Romeo Hates Juliet” as Want to Read:
Why Romeo Hates Juliet

Why Romeo Hates Juliet

3.67  ·  Rating Details ·  1,271 Ratings  ·  145 Reviews
Love thy neighbor... but not before you shoot him first!

From the first moment they meet, when has-been movie star, Romeo Boyd mistakes romance writer, Juliet Soma for the hot stripper his friends have hired for him for the night, the beach neighbors clash and an epic war of pranks begins to brew between them.

And when the sexy novelist gets the partying, Hollywood bad boy

Published December 1st 2011

To ask other readers questions about Why Romeo Hates Juliet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Romeo Hates Juliet

Sonya
Dec 31, 2011 Sonya rated it it was ok
I'm going to say the good stuff first. This book had the potential to be a really good romantic comedy. The idea was good. The writer has a great imagination. That's it for the good stuff.

I rolled my eyes so many times in this book, they almost rolled out of my head. Juliet was a moron. She was just plain dumb. Romeo was an idiot frat boy. With the exception of Sara and Tommy, the secondary characters were just as dumb. I almost stopped reading at the super glue scene, it was so idiotic.I would
Melankalia
Feb 25, 2012 Melankalia rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one. Seriously.
Worst. Dialog. EVER.

Three chapters into this book, I honestly started to question whether this author had ever had a conversation with another human. By the end, I was certain she had not. The dialog is just that awful. Not only that, but I have never been so disappointed in a story that I went into with no expectations. I could so easily see how this could've been a very entertaininng screwball romantic comedy type novel, but clearly that was not to be. It's just astonishing to me the way the a
Giovanni
Aishwarya
Jun 27, 2013 Aishwarya rated it did not like it
My feelings are summed up best by: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2TW7JOF...

The end.
Diana Hockley
Apr 24, 2013 Diana Hockley rated it did not like it
This book starts out believably. Juliet is a writer afflicted with something common to all authors at some stage - writer's block. After a highly successful first novel, Juliet is paid a one hundred thousand dollar advance to come up with the second. If she can't, then she has to pay back the advance or go bankrupt. However, completing the book appears to be impossible until her married younger sister, Sara, persuades her to take a break at a quiet holiday cottage, owned by Sara's husband's fami ...more
Dianne
Jun 30, 2013 Dianne rated it really liked it
This book really put a smile on my face. It had me laughing throughout the whole book. I was just happy after I read it. Though in the beginning only a few things were funny, by the middle it had me cracking up. I did wish some things were different though. Through the whole book, I kept wanting to scream, "Just talk to each other already! And tell each other how you feel!" I felt like just too many things had gotten in between them. It was like one thing after another that stopped them from bei ...more
Beth Adams
Apr 17, 2012 Beth Adams rated it it was ok
I wanted to love this book --- especially since it enjoys relatively good sales on amazon.com. But to be honest, I found few redeeming qualities to it. The story was just okay and it was rather hard to get through --- feeling more like a trudge through a swamp than a fun romance novel. The premise was great and the characters showed some promise, but I had real issues following the story. The scene jumps quickly from place to place. And unfortunately, the dialogue is rather juvenile.
Nastassja Loots
Blog: http://nastassjaloots.blogspot.com/20...

Romeo Boyd is a Hollywood star whose fame is fading, and he heads to his vacation home to drown his worries in alcohol. His love for very loud rock music immediately causes problems for his neighbour, Juliet Soma, a novelist seeking her muse to ward off a serious case of writer’s block.

When Juliet meets Romeo, he mistakes her for a stripper and things go downhill from there. An intense rivalry ensues, and when Juliet gets Romeo arrested all bets are
Raj
This was my first Anna Mara read and I loved it, I’ve never laughed out loud so much as to the amount of stupidity and immaturity that came from Romeo and Juliet. This was a cute, fun and light hearted read. Juliet is on vacation with her sister Sara, trying to write up her next novel to save herself financially before she ends up declaring bankruptcy. The arrival of her unexpected next door neighbours shatters her peace, as loud music takes over and sexual nature is on full display to witness, ...more
Jenn
Apr 14, 2013 Jenn rated it liked it
The idea and plot behind this novel were great, it's a nice lighthearted read, however it really could have used a better editor and some serious copy editing. The dialog was unrealistic, stilted and just not believable speech for real people. There were more than a few typos in the kindle version of this novel which yeah I know I'm one to talk about typos, but I'm just an average person voicing her opinion free of charge, I'm not a writer who's charging you money to read her words. Since reader ...more
Sandra Oliveira
Nov 22, 2013 Sandra Oliveira rated it it was amazing
The wright expression in english, i think, is Tit for Tat! Give as good as you get...
Well you most certainly get a lot of that is this book.
This book starts with a sad, sad reality of our current society...Juliet and Sara's parents divorce. Bo matter what happens in a relationship, children shouldn't be a casualty of divorce. What kind of parent, human being does that...
You have two characters who's childwood somehow defined their core and actions as grow ups.
This is a very long novel, but it br
(ツ) Hache
Aug 05, 2013 (ツ) Hache rated it did not like it
Its been a loonng time since I've read a really long book but I made it towards the end. Everything was all happy going and the the author totally ruined it for me by (view spoiler) I wanted to scream! I had invested sooo much time in this and I totally feel jilted.

There where soo many things I hated but I liked the story. I loved the love-hate relationship, the name calling and all the stupid games they played, Yes
L.W.
Feb 19, 2012 L.W. rated it really liked it
This was a funny laugh out loud kind of book that I really enjoyed up to a point. To be honest, I didn't finish it as there were so many highs and lows that I just got to the point I couldn't take anymore. I got to a point where they were happy and just left it at that, which was 70 to 80 percent of the way through the book.

Now, the parts that I read...GREAT...there was a lot of humorous situations, and the characters were likeable in their own flawed ways. But like I said, there was just so muc
Nicole
I'm going to get right to the point. This story has so many used themes like: enemies to lovers, celebrity and girl next door, evil other woman, and a whole lotta lies and misconceptions; ENOUGH ALREADY! I'm giving this 2.5 stars because I enjoyed the romance aspects but this book should have stopped after they finally are happy. I serious hate the ending and felt duped and let down because I wanted to like it. Just horrible.
KLB
Jan 10, 2012 KLB rated it really liked it
I loved it. I found it funny and hard to put down. Loved all the characters just like I did "Her Perfect Revenge". I can't wait for the movie version, all I kept picturing was Josh Duhamel. He'd be sooo perfect for Romeo. I loved the ridiculousness of some of the scenarios but isn't that what a good book can be? Silly stupid things that don't happen in real life?!
Latte
Feb 12, 2012 Latte rated it it was ok
Too much. Too many devices. Too many scenes that made the book overly long. Too little editing that should have cut the story off long before the book ends. This just got to being a frustrating read.

Note: this was an Amazon freebie read.
Mona
Apr 05, 2013 Mona rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved, read-epub
okay i loved this book the amount of the confusion between them is too damn high i was reading it the same time as my friend and we would just point at something and laugh tell we have tears and we just couldn't say a specific part that we liked because we liked it all
Gina
Jun 29, 2013 Gina rated it it was ok
This book was probably twice as long as it needed to be. It could have used some serious editing. Lots of repetitive dialog. Premise was like a really bad romantic comedy.
Jessica
Dec 19, 2016 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Well that was complete crap. Now I'm not saying the whole book was but after finishing it..yeah I regret it. It started out with promise and a good premise and then you get to the main characters meeting. Holy shit did these 2 characters piss me off. Juliet was the worst lead female I ever read about. She was just idiotic and contradicted herself and was completely childish. Romeo was on the same level but at least he was less irritating and had a tad more rational than Juliet. The only per ...more
lady007
Jan 22, 2017 lady007 rated it it was amazing
Fun read!

I laughed out our! Giggled quietly as I read this fun book. I couldn't put it down....I wanted more!! I fell in love with this couple and thought how YHIS would make a great movie. Juliet is a trip...she gets into such tight spots. Fiesty creature. Romeo...well, was perfect These two had me rolling and then in tears. Enjoy. This author did it again. Yay!!!
Gari
Nov 05, 2016 Gari rated it it was ok
Lame

I don't understand the good reviews. The lead characters were very immature, and the only laugh out loud I had was when his love for her was described as PALATABLE instead of PALPABLE. And apparently all you need to fall in love is an attractive partner.
Karen Williams
Dec 28, 2016 Karen Williams rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, funny novel!

I read a lot, 5 -10 books a week. This was such a wonderful romantic comedy! Great plot line and twists. It kept my interest through the entire novel. If you want a funny romamtic read this one is excellent!
Gina-Leigh
Feb 22, 2017 Gina-Leigh rated it really liked it
It was good
Kelly
Dec 05, 2016 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is sooooooooo funny, and I could not make my self put it down. I ended up reading it in one go.
Chioma Enemuoh
Oct 20, 2016 Chioma Enemuoh rated it really liked it
Funny!!!

I loved every second of the story. It was very witty and sounded totally realistic and not fantastical. I will look for more books by this author for her heart warming touch.
Tori
Oct 03, 2016 Tori rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This book is very long, at times thought it would never ever end. It did. Didn't really like some of the dumb stuff they did to each other, juvenile. Then there was when they were finally happy, it was ruined by....well, not gonna spoil it....but, it ruined it right there.
Ashleyjo
Jun 05, 2015 Ashleyjo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good first....

The author had a really great premise with the neighbor war between a struggling writer & a big Hollywood hunk.

There were a lot of emotional plot points, from near drownings & phobias -to- the good and bad consequences of revenge and schemes -to- second chance romance and forgiveness. Fluff for the sake of fluff isn't really the problem here. More in a minute~

This story had the potential
to be funny, witty, entertaining, and emotionally reflective. Sadly, it was weighted d
Lori S
Dec 30, 2014 Lori S rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off let me just say this book is worthy of 4+ stars but I got frustrated with it. Why? because it is ridiculously long. I am not sure why the author felt there needed to be so many chapters to tell this story but she did. I never skip parts in a book and with this one I had to. I did not even finish it because I became bored. Dont get me wrong I really like the story of the hot beach bum movie star named Romeo who annoys his neighbor who happens to be named Juliet. It had so much potential ...more
Jess
Jun 17, 2013 Jess rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jess by: No one, stumbled upon it
Hermione
Jan 27, 2015 Hermione rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is retarded. I honestly don't know why i kept reading it, maybe i was hoping for it to pick up. it has a promising enough premise but its badly executed. Juliet is plain dumb and unnecessarily combative. i lost count of the number of times she 'shouted', 'yelled', or said something 'defiantly' after the first five chapters. Romeo was no better than her and Juliet's sister, Sara was insufferable as well.

The only character i liked in the book was Tommy, maybe because he had 12 lines of
  • Accidentally Yours
  • Got a Hold on You
  • The Sweetest Revenge
  • The Mistress of Trevelyan (Trevelyan #1)
  • Not in Love With Kale Eddison
  • The Frog Prince
  • The Stand Off
  • Untangle My Heart (Tangled Hearts, #1)
  • Twice Tempted (Holland Springs, #2)
  • Running from Love
  • Blood For Ink (Scarlet Plumiere, #1)
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • Always on the Run (Always the Bridesmaid, #2)
  • Do not Disturb (Pennyfoot Hotel #2)
  • Already Famous (Famous, #4)
  • Iced Romance
  • HDU (HDU, #1)
  • Casanova Killer
I’ve been writing for a few years now, having studied screenwriting at a well known film school. I’ve always loved creating romantic comedy stories and wanting to try my hand at penning a novel, I decided to turn one of my screenplays into a book. HER PERFECT REVENGE was born and I discovered that I loved that format of writing even more than writing for film.

HER PERFECT REVENGE is my first novel.
More about Anna Mara...