Start by marking “Resist (Possession, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Resist (Possession, #0.5)

Read Book

Resist (Possession 0.5)

Zenn Bower has spent his life falling in love with Violet Schoenfeld. After he turned twelve, he learned his father was part of an underground revolution called the Resistance, a group of free-thinking citizens fighting against the mind controlling government. He joined, putting his considerable talents to use: lying, flying, and voice control.

He wishes life inside the Res
Published November 20th 2011 by Elana Johnson

Madi (TheBookNerdDiaries)
This was okay. Just okay. It wasn't anything special and I think it only got better maybe once in the entire novella, which was only 64% of the book. I just didn't feel anything in this novella I guess. If me choosing to read the rest if the series depended on this one, I probably wouldn't go on. Maybe choosing to read this first was a bad idea.
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
Between 3.5-4.5 stars, only because this is very short and the fact that it just throws you directly into the story without much explanation about certain things. But it does start piecing together bit by bit if you've read stories like this one before that deals with rebellion, a controlling government, betrayal, etcetera.

It might be the fact that I've read so many Dystopian novels and they're all starting to blur together now (especially the ones that jumped on the bandwagon in light of "othe
Thalia
Jun 02, 2012 Thalia rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those Interested in Reading "Possession"
Read the review on my blog:
Christine Fonseca
Jan 15, 2012 Christine Fonseca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-reads
I loved this short. such a great way to get to know a different character a little better - get his insight. FAB!
Christy VanDerwerken
Jul 17, 2012 Christy VanDerwerken rated it really liked it
I love Zenn. This definitely makes you understand him more and see why he is the way he is.
Autumn
Jul 30, 2013 Autumn rated it really liked it
Shelves: waar
I thought this was an okay story. When I first started reading it I was wondering what was going on. But as it progressed I realized I was in the P.O.V. of Zenn. I would probably suggest you read book one Possession before you read this even though this is book 0.5. You may come to understand Zenn's actions in book one a whole lot better.

Zenn has been in love with Vi for 5 years. He wants to be matched with her. But in order to do that well he needs to start giving up answers and a certain perso
Jenni
Jun 28, 2013 Jenni rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the possession series, and was excited to find out that there were little novellas to go along with the books as well. A little insight to the characters and the story line. But this.... This was completely unnecessary. It didnt help the story like along at all. It could have been summed up on one page and then added to the book.

Literally, the only think i got out of this that was not in the book was that Zenn would always choose Vi. And like even that was a little obvious read
s e n t i m e n t a l i t i e s olittlebear
Since book 1 is about Violet, and she intrudes upon Jag's memories, this is the first time we get anything from Zenn's point of view. And i'm glad it was made clear he wasn't in on the whole Blaze thing. Though it does seem like just one more body that will soon turn up, and i'm not talking a zombie or corpse. Out of all the characters Zenn's the one I want to like but he seems obsessed with Vi in this rather than just in love, and I get they've been bff's for 3 years and they don't like to foll ...more
Amber
Dec 02, 2011 Amber rated it liked it
Recommends it for: POSSESSION fans!
Disclaimer: No spoilers from Insider Information, but read with caution if you have not read Possession.

Insider Information is a short story that takes place prior to Possession. It follows a fourteen-year-old Zenn Bower when he was still Jag Barque’s second-in-command in the Resistance. He is on a mission to save some people who were taken from the Goodgrounds and he is upset at all the risks Jag is taking by ordering this operation. Although Zenn disagrees with Jag’s methods, they share the sa
Darlene
May 24, 2012 Darlene rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, freebie
This is a short story that is based on Zenn’s point of view regarding the Resistance and his interaction with Jag. You can read it for free at Goodreads or download it for free from the author’s website.

Reading this short story actually changed my perspective of Zenn a little. I like him a bit more, now!

The story itself is just three chapters and is about ten pages. It is followed by the first chapter of Possession. Even though this book is named Book #0.5 of the series, I don't think that it wi
Polly Roth
Jan 19, 2013 Polly Roth rated it liked it
Well, I'm grateful Elana Johnson gave us something to read while wait for June to come! But, this book was like 30 pages and didn't really add anything to the story. And, it was too jumpy for my taste. Like it started with when he was twelve and in 30 pages he was like 16. We just find out how Zenn gave up the resistance for Vi, and you end up feeling bad for him... Somewhat...Not enough to wish Vi had chosen him over Jag...defiantly not that much. But, if you're missing the Possession world as ...more
Marcia
Sep 25, 2013 Marcia rated it really liked it
I liked reading Resist from Zenn's point of view. I really hated his character in Possession, but liked him a lot more after reading Surrender.

Resist is a short story about Zenn having to choose between the resistance and his love for Violet. The story takes place before Possession, when Zenn is only fourteen years old.

I liked reading this story, but it was very short and it didn't add that much extra information to the Possession Series. But still a must read for fans!
Lindsay
Sep 29, 2012 Lindsay rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Mini Review:
I found this mini to be...interesting. Now I haven't read the first book so I don't know much about any of the characters (except for the fact that my best friend is in love with Jag) and that this book is dystopian. While I did enjoy this teaser, it wasn't earth breaking or life changing in any way. If anything, it only made me want to know more about this world out of curiousity. I'm excited to read the first book in the series and really give things a go and I'm crossing my finger
Jenny
Dec 20, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
This is the story told from Zenn's POV on the night that Jag's brother dies. I really enjoyed reading from Zenn's POV. It was nice to hear his choices (and he did make a big choice!) and compare that back to the story of Possession.

It shows us that Zenn might not be such a bad guy after all. His most important choice--protect Vi at all costs. In the end, his choice doesn't really help her. But how was he to know about her father? This novella was definitely worth reading! 4 stars!
Mary
Jun 30, 2013 Mary rated it liked it
Resist is a short story that is in Zenn's point of view and takes place before Possession. The story line is sci-fi-ish, which I like. It kind of reminds me of the Hunger Games, which I loved, so I can totally see myself loving this series just as much. I love Zenn's faithfulness and love for Vi and can't wait to read more of their story.
Keanna (KeyReadThat)
Funny, how Zenn and Jag were best friends and now has fought over the same girl-Violet. I can't believe that the Director persuaded, more like bribe him if he was matched up with Violet she would be safe. The Director is very threatening and persuasive. This was a great insight inside of Zenn's life and how he joined the Resistance.
Marvy Herrera
Jul 17, 2014 Marvy Herrera rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
So i don't know what make so good about short story that make smile..I enjoy reading Resist, i always enjoy reding the other side, in this case Zenn side..I like it, is always nice when the author give you an inside of the story..I just start the serie, but so far so good.. =)
Erin
Jan 23, 2013 Erin rated it it was ok
It was a good short novella. It is told from Zenn's point of view and happens before the events happen in "Possession." I would read it after reading "Possession", even though it is #0.5. It will not make much sense if you read it before "Possession".
Julia
May 24, 2012 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-dystopia
I adored this short little piece to get an inside perspective on Zenn. Though had I read this before reading Possession it might have cut the tension of Possession. Things that where revealed in Possession where told in a short story here.
Anncleire
Dec 11, 2011 Anncleire rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian, short-story, ya
Si capiscono tante coose a livello di trama e soprattutto chi è Zenn e il suo vero ruolo nella storia. Ma scopriamo anche un volto inedito di Jag o forse, un volto che si era solo vagamente intuito.

Imperdibile, e l'attesa del secondo diventa sempre più insostenibile.
Mehsi
That was interesting, but I am not sure if I will read the first book now.
Louisa
May 02, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Oh, this was awesome to see things from Zenn's POV, from before he was all caught up and being brainwashed/controlled! Really great! Loved it!
Ali
May 05, 2013 Ali rated it liked it
I liked it for a prequel but I wish it was just included with the 1st book instead of being its own seperate e-book!
Terra
Aug 26, 2012 Terra rated it really liked it
When they say a short story, they're not joking! I wish it was longer and maybe gave insight to the time in Possession, but it was still good!
Dec 31, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it

Interesting to get to see a short story from Zenn's point of view.
Alyssa
Jun 21, 2013 Alyssa rated it it was ok
honestly it just tells you what you already know, but from another point of view.
Raven
Feb 27, 2012 Raven rated it it was amazing
This almost made me feel better about how Possession ended. Almost. An interesting glimpse into Zenn's character and his motives. Looking forward to Elana's book coming out this summer, Surrender.
Heather
Nov 16, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: read-ya
I am thankful for this short story to fill in some of Zenn's backstory. The only con: his statements in which he reaffirmed his choosing Vi become a bit repetitive.
Krista
Jul 06, 2012 Krista rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Now I get why Zenn did all of that. It makes a little more sense from inside of his head.
Juan'carlos
Feb 07, 2014 Juan'carlos rated it really liked it
4.5
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Portrait of a Marshal: The 2nd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.25)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • A Dark Grave (The Elysium Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Suffocate (The Breathless, #1)
  • Dress Your Marines in White (Monument 14, #0.5)
  • Origins: The Fire (MILA 2.0, #0.5)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The Demon Trappers, #0.4)
  • The Seeds of Wither (The Chemical Garden #1.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • The Testing Guide (The Testing, #0.5)
  • Tomorrow is Today (Tempest, #0.5)
  • Valkyrie Symptoms (Valkyrie, #0.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • 11:15 The Making of a Halfling (Halflings, #0.5)
  • Foundation (Razorland, #0.5)
I am the author of the POSSESSION series, which includes novels POSSESSION, SURRENDER, and ABANDON, as well as short stories REGRET (ebook only) and RESIST (free here on Goodreads).

ELEVATED and SOMETHING ABOUT LOVE, YA contemporary romances in verse are both out now.

My next futuristic fantasy series includes ELEMENTAL RUSH (novella), ELEMENTAL HUNGER (novel), and ELEMENTAL RELEASE (novella). All
More about Elana Johnson...

Possession (3 books)
  • Possession (Possession, #1)
  • Surrender (Possession #2)
  • Abandon (Possession, #3)