Start by marking “Miłość to piekielny pies” as Want to Read:
Miłość to piekielny pies

Miłość to piekielny pies

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  17,931 Ratings  ·  698 Reviews
Bukowski zaczął pisać wiersze w wieku lat trzydziestu pięciu, a więc gdy miał już dawno za sobą swój debiut prozatorski. Najbardziej płodnym poetycko okresem były lata sześćdziesiąte - opublikował w tym czasie kilka zbiorów. To właśnie poezja przyniosła mu rozgłos, zwróciła na niego uwagę krytyków, innych pisarzy i miłośników ambitnej literatury. Ten tom, uchodzący za jego ...more
Published June 2003 by Noir Sur Blanc (first published 1977)

To ask other readers questions about Miłość to piekielny pies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miłość to piekielny pies

s.penkevich
Nov 19, 2012 s.penkevich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
people are not good to each other.
perhaps if they were
our deaths would not be so sad.

Love him or hate him, Charles Bukowski was a bitter, drunken asshole with a gift for putting onto paper all the ugliness and baseness hiding in the human heart. Before jumping into the discovery and thoughts that are the inspiration for this ramble about the dirty old writer, a few moments should be spent on the actual poetry found in this volume. I’ve always enjoyed the earlier Bukowski, before he became too ja
Kat Stark

I don't believe that any reviewer can properly review poetry. There are too many different assumptions, perspectives, and overall feelings that a person can have toward a set of words. That being said, Bukowski's writing is something that I enjoy reading. He is a dark, bitter, and drunken asshole, but I tend to either hate him and/or sympathize with him. Then, at times...I would want to have a drink with this man. He is quite the character. Instead of talking about the themes, ups and downs of h
John
Jul 10, 2010 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bukowski. Here's a poem.

I don’t know how many bottles of beer
I have consumed while waiting for things
to get better
I don’t know how much wine and whisky
and beer
mostly beer
I have consumed after
splits with women—
waiting for the phone to ring
waiting for the sound of footsteps,
and the phone to ring
waiting for the sounds of footsteps,
and the phone never rings
until much later
and the footsteps never arrive
until much later
when my stomach is coming up
out of my mouth
they arrive as fresh a
Jessica
Dec 10, 2011 Jessica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't tell me I don't get it. I know I probably don't. But Jesus Christ, if I have to read one more poem about the women he's screwed and the women who've screwed him, I'm going to start writing my own collection of poetry about the cereal I eat in the morning and try to publish that.

Granted, I am not a great lover of poetry. And I have very low tolerance for people who want to eloquently bemoan about their shitty lives without seemingly caring to get their shit together. Honestly, I'm not reall
Amira Mahmoud

عن التحرر
vie
Aug 08, 2007 vie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

An Almost Made Up Poem

I see you drinking at a fountain with tiny
blue hands, no, your hands are not tiny
they are small, and the fountain is in France
where you wrote me that last letter and
I answered and never heard from you again.
you used to write insane poems about
ANGELS AND GOD, all in upper case, and you
knew famous artists and most of them
were your lovers, and I wrote back, it’ all right,
go ahead, enter their lives, I’ not jealous
because we’ never met. we got close once in
New Orleans, one half
sweet jane
Mar 31, 2016 sweet jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Δεν υπάρχει ελπίδα:
κολλήσαμε όλοι μας στην ίδια μοίρα.

Γεμίζουν οι χωματερές,
γεμίζουν οι μάντρες.
Γεμίζουν τα τρελάδικα, γεμίζουν τα νοσοκομεία,
τα νεκροταφεία.

Τίποτα άλλο, όμως, δε
γεμίζει.

Ο Μπουκόφσκι, για ακόμα μια φορά, καταφέρνει να περιγράψει τον κόσμο, εξωτερικά και εσωτερικά, σε μερικές αράδες. Αράδες σκόρπιες, χοντροκομμένες πολλές φορές, όμως ικανές να σε γεμίσουν.
Islam
والرجال يفرطون في السكر
ولا أحد يجد ضالته،
لكنهم يحتفظون جميعا بالأمل
زاحفين من سرير لآخر.
اللحم يبحث عن ما هو أَنْفَسُ من اللحم.
ليس هناك أي خلاص:
إنها فعلا الأشياءُ الوحيدة
التي تمتلئ.

Aritry Das
Jan 11, 2013 Aritry Das rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like beat poetry
Recommended to Aritry by: Atindriyo
Shelves: favorites
You either love Bukowski or you don't. There is no in between these two choices.

Life as we live it - is depicted in his verses like a nude woman, stripped off all covers and ornaments, bared, with all the beauty and ugliness. There's no pretension, there's no guilt, only bare faces with intense eyes of his muses, and objects and every little nice things and dirty stuff, lots of drunkenness and love, in various forms. I love this book of poems and I don't need to say why. You like reading Bukowsk
Faith-Anne
Mar 17, 2008 Faith-Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Faith-Anne by: Dr. B
Bukowski is one of those poets you can show to people who swear up & down that poetry is all rhyming & flowers. Even if you hate Bukowski, you must admit that he's an original. I love Bukowski. His poems are a perfect break from the 'real' world. They're brutally honest & lovely in their grotesqueness. This collection is wonderful. Sure it isn't for the faint of heart, but Bukowski really does prove that poetry comes in all shapes & sizes.
Fatema Hassan , bahrain
بوكوفسكي ..
تلفحك حرارة شعره حين تنمو في إعجابك، تدرك أن كلفة القراءة له أن تتخلى عن جزء من عقلك.فتقرر التخلي ببساطة!
كيف تتحول القصيدة لحوار أخرق ينجب محاورة هادفة ؟ أي تجديد شعري هذا ما ستقرؤه في كلماته؟
شاعر يقُصّ قصائده علينا قبل أن ينام تذوق الكلمات في هذا العالم و فينا.

( بعض الناس لا يصابون قط بلوثة الجنون

Sura  ✿
Feb 27, 2016 Sura ✿ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry-شعر
المنطقة التي تفصل الدماغ عن الروح
تتأثر بالتجربة بشتى الطرق ..
بعظهم يفقد عقله و يصبح روحاً :

لكن غالباً ما يتطلب الامر دهراً
لادراك ذلك
و
بثينة العيسى

قصيدة بوكوفسكي ذكية، ولكنها ليست فجة. هي مضحكة في أحايين كثيرة، ومبكية في أحايين أكثر، ولا مبالية غالباً.

المبالاة هي ما لم يعجبني، أحس بأن شرط الشعر هو انفتاحٌ مطلق على العالم، ولا يسعك أن تكون متفرجاً لا مبالياً إلى هذه الدرجة، ولكن انحيازه - غير المباشر - إلى المسحوقين، الهامشيين، يطفو على السطح من حينٍ إلى آخر، ويفضح إنسانيته.

وجدتُ بأنك كلما تقدمت في الكتاب صارت القصائد أجمل / أطرف / أقسى ..
Fewlas
Mar 16, 2014 Fewlas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poesia, americana
Prendete un essere umano che è stato mille volte e più deluso dall’amore e chiedetegli cosa ne pensa. Riuscirà ad inanellare una serie di similitudini e metafore perfette che probabilmente riuscirete a capire solo se siete stati delusi mille e più volte anche voi. ”Love is a dog from hell”.. che, forse, non è così?
Bukowski di amore ne sapeva un sacco in quanto si innamorava troppo facilmente. In fatto di amore lui era il Sognatore. Ci sono certe persone che appena nascono iniziano a pensare all’
Ashley
Jun 03, 2009 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
Ever felt like there was no one for you, nothing and no one who could hold your existence? As if you were drifting through life-going from person to person, place to place, job to job? Read this-it might wake you up. And make you feel a lot less lonely. Devastatingly, shatteringly beautiful.
Kathryn
May 27, 2011 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
I did not enjoy this collection nearly as much as what I have already read by Bukowski, though this was still well worth my time. I had planned on changing my rating to 3 stars but then I started flipping to the pages I had saved and I am now comfortable with the 4 stars. Once again, when I had finished, the book looked very important and worthy, with so many of my little paper scraps hanging out, noting the pages of poems I did not want to forget.

This collection lacked the fire I felt in the l
Ryan Milbrath
Bukowski’s poetry brings to mind the free verse ranting found on scrawled on bathroom stalls with permanent marker. Love is a Dog from Hell provides a collection of his finest prose on woman, every-day living, drinking, and of – of course – love (in its most low and basest forms).

I believe Bukowski is one of the greatest poets in the modern world of poetry not because of his style, topics, rhyme schemes, or his connection with the beats. I believe he is one of the best because of his honesty. L
shin
Sep 17, 2010 shin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
I love, love, love Bukowski. And here is why I love him.

"she wore a platinum blonde wig
and her face was rouged and powdered
and she put the lipstick on
making a huge painted mouth
and her neck was wrinkled
but she still had the ass of a young girl
and the legs were good.
she wore blue panties and I took them off
raised her dress, and with the TV flickering
I took her standing up.
as we struggled around the room
(I'm fucking the grave, I thought, I'm
bringing the dead back to life,
marvelous
so marvelous
Anne
Nov 22, 2015 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: PEOPLE WHO DON'T MIND MADNESS
The various sides of Charles I met with in this collection of poetry.
I won't be offering any interpretations or analysis because this man was a train wreck, and trying to analyze his chaotic thoughts would only provide suboptimal satisfaction.

1.Sweet and romantic Charles

puzzles
lives down by the sea
puts sugar out for th
Raegan Butcher
Mar 01, 2015 Raegan Butcher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bukowski has so many books of poetry that it almost staggers the imagination; if one were to rank them in over-all quality, i would have to say this is in his top five.
Written as his early to mid 1970s underground cult hero/legend status was firmly rising to a peak, this collection shows him to be as much the sensitive sufferer in the battlegrounds of love as anyone, despite his persistently negative reception among critics as nothing more than a drunken, vulgar boor.
Munif
Feb 04, 2013 Munif rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
بوكوفسكي ذلك الرجل الذي يكتب بتأثير الجعة، حقًا هو كذلك، هو الشاعر الذي يوجّه كاميرا قصائده إلى الناس المهمشين، الفقراء، الذين لا وجود لهم في الحياة، يكتب عن الشيخوخة بطريقة تجعلها غريبة، كيف لم ننتبه لها، ماذا فعلنا حتى وصلنا إليها.
"الألم زهرة...الألم زهور".

يكتب عن المثقف وعن المجنون وعن الاجتماعي.
"بعضهم يفقد عقله ويصبح روحًا:

يُطلَب من المرء
أن ينظر بلطف إلى خطأهم الكامل
إلى حياتهم المهدورة
لاسيما إذا كانوا مسنين

لكن الكهولة هى حصيلة حياتنا.
هؤلاء بلغوا الشيخوخة بطريقة سيئة

أمام حياة هُدِرَت عمدًا
بين كل هذه الحيوات المهدورة عمدًا
هو كذلك.
hanan al-herbish al-herbish
هذا الديوان .. لا تكفيه قراءة واحدة .. هذا الديوان .. صديق كل هؤلاء الذين يشعرون بالوحدة في الأزقة المظلمة و الأرصفة المبللة بالمطر .. ديوان المعدمين المهمّشين المختبئين في الأفنية الخلفية .. البسطاء الذين يخرجون للعمل كل صباح ، و يرجعون الى بيوتهم ليناموا ملء اعينهم .. ديوان التفاصيل الصغيرة التي اقتنصتها عدسة بوكوڤسكي الحسّاسة ..

المعدم .. السكّير الذي يسبح في قعر الكأس .. يستنطق التفاصيل الصغيرة ، التافهة ، و المهملة التي تحيط بنا بصمتها الذي ينطوي على الكثير من المعاني و الدلالات ..

لقد أحببت
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
I haven't read every poem in this collection, but poetry collections aren't meant to be read from cover to cover like novels. I feel qualified to opine on a poetry collection when I've read over 2/3rd of the contents, and I'm a little over that point now with this one.

Someone whose poetic sensibilities I trust recommended this particular one to me. I like it. Bukowski writes in choppy, demotic declarations, writes about seedy, sordid places and messed-up, sexy situations. I can't tell if he's a
Katsumi
Apr 02, 2010 Katsumi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
Love for this romantic man was when the love of his life packed her bags and left him for eternity, love was shouting and yelling and throwing things to cause pain. In Love Is A Dog From Hell, underlies the secret of a man who knew tough love better than any of us could. There was a lot of love, or what he would call love surrounding his entire life. For Bukowski love came in empty bourbon bottle form or a punch in the face and women who would leave his side to never return before he woke up in ...more
Panos Lettas
Apr 11, 2016 Panos Lettas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
"Writing is not a god damned job.
I've had lots of god damned jobs.
And if writing ever gets to be a
God damned job
I'll look for another one."

3,5*
Κρίνοντας από αυτό το τελευταίο που υπήρχε και στα αγγλικά, η μετάφραση δεν μου φαίνεται πως είναι η καλύτερη δυνατή. Θα διαβάσω κάποια στιγμή το πρωτότυπο σίγουρα.
Nouhé AL-Fradi
Oct 23, 2015 Nouhé AL-Fradi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: شعر
المنطقة التي تفصل الدماغ عن الروح
تتأثر بالتجربة بشتى الطرق ...
بعضهم يفقد عقله ويصبح روحا :
المقبول إجتماعيا
Dina Nabil
Jan 20, 2016 Dina Nabil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ربما نحتاج الي طفل بالسادسة ليخبرنا ان المحيط ليس جميلا

ربما نحتاج الي كسول ينام حتي الثالثة ظهرا ليهمس في اذاننا ان من لم يصاب يوما ما بلوثة من الجنون يعيش حياة رهيبة تفقد نصف معناها
ربما يحتاج الامر لرجل ان يقطع خصيتاه كمشمش و رميهما في الحوض ليجلس واضعا ثلاث مناشف بين فخديه غير مبال فقط ليتذوق لوهلة طعم الحرية المطلقة

ربما يعيش فاجنر بيننا و يهيم مع موسيقاه يلمسنا كتنميل صغير يدب علي الذراع فنشعر به
ربما صنع الهاتف للحالات الطارئة فقط ، ربما سنتعلم ان نقول "لا" له ... "لا" قاطعة مريحة او حتي "نعم
Alyson
Sep 19, 2007 Alyson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of a good potty-mouth
I just happened on this one in a bookstore and sat down to read a bit. Whoa! As a junior in high school I was just getting into literature that was off the beaten path, and this just about blew my mind. I ended up writing my junior year literary analysis paper on his prose. It was called "Banality and Booze: Charles Bukowski Doesn't Like You." I was lucky to find him.
Charles Bukowski 10 86 Mar 31, 2014 11:45AM
  • And Her Soul Out Of Nothing
  • Book of Longing
  • A Coney Island of the Mind
  • Disaffections: Complete Poems
Henry Charles Bukowski (born as Heinrich Karl Bukowski) was a German-born American poet, novelist and short story writer. His writing was influenced by the social, cultural and economic ambience of his home city of Los Angeles.It is marked by an emphasis on the ordinary lives of poor Americans, the act of writing, alcohol, relationships with women and the drudgery of work. Bukowski wrote thousands ...more
More about Charles Bukowski...

“there is a loneliness in this world so great
that you can see it in the slow movement of
the hands of a clock.

people so tired
mutilated
either by love or no love.

people just are not good to each other
one on one.

the rich are not good to the rich
the poor are not good to the poor.

we are afraid.

our educational system tells us
that we can all be
big-ass winners.

it hasn't told us
about the gutters
or the suicides.

or the terror of one person
aching in one place
alone

untouched
unspoken to

watering a plant.”
3872 likes
“I loved you like a man loves a woman he never touches, only writes to, keeps little photographs of.” 2889 likes