3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Greetings, citizen. Thank you for volunteering to take this mandatory survey. Rest assured that your answers will in no way affect your Employment, Lifestyle, Anatomy, or Other. By participating, you are helping to ensure that the Bunker remains the perfect environment for happy, satisfied workers hoping to achieve their greatest potential.

Before you begin, please be aware...more
Paperback, First Edition, 216 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Lulu (first published November 15th 2011)

Jonathan
Have you ever read a book that made you excited for what the future holds? Did it make you marvel at all of the wondrous things that could be made reality by the force of imagination and the human spirit? Did it make you wish the future would just hurry the hell up and get here already so you could experience the magic yourself?

Well, Thank You for Your Cooperation isn’t that book.

Welcome to The Bunker. It’s paradise on Earth—or rather Mars, but who’s counting? It’s a utopia, after all. Control...more
Megan
Dec 26, 2011 Megan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like dystopian novels, Concerned Citizens
What a crazy book! It took me for quite a ride; I even went back and re-read certain parts after I had finished it. In my mind it was like I was watching a mash-up of 1984, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Total Recall while riding Space Mountain and eating the stuff they wrap sushi rolls with (closest thing I can think of I've eaten that might taste like an algae snack).
I really loved how the author gave his main character(s) a sense of humor. You're told the story of life in a so-called Utopian und...more
Kerry
I received this book for free in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

For me, the best way to describe this book is a revamped, rewritten, 1984 with a sense of humor. From the serious "shame on us for what we did to the environment to end up here" to characters that are so humorously depicted that it fun just to imagine in them your head...this book has it all.
sj
Feb 05, 2012 sj marked it as to-read
Influenced by PKD? Sounds kind of Penultimate Truth-ish. Guess I'll find out.
Cheryl
Feb 29, 2012 Cheryl marked it as to-read
That cover art makes me laugh.
dsneaks
I received Thank You For Your Cooperation By Adam Wasserman for free through Goodreads first reads giveaway. This takes a look at the future of people. In some ways this book reminds me of George Orwell's 1984. Wasserman looks at the growing of technology and how computers could one day be in charge of everyone’s life; and the idea of always being watched by what in this book is known as Control. This world people live in is known as the Bunker, and Control is a computer. In this world you can't...more
Kim
May 02, 2012 Kim rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: first-reads
Got this book for free from Goodreads Giveaway Contest:

The story was SUPERB and AMAZING. I also really really love the main characters' sense of humour - they always made me chuckle a lot, from the exchange dialogue to their inner thoughts. There were a few part that hard to understand (that's why I couldn't give this book a 5), but aside from that, I really enjoyed the book.

One random thing I love is how he replaced the phrase "Oh God"(??) by "George Walker" in this future utopia universe. It d...more
Bryan
I definitely had fun reading this book. It was a wonderful exploration of a bizzaro world where forms are more important than reality and terrorists lurk behind every corner. Treason is not just reserved for those that betray their country but also available to every citizen that might object to the random and often contradictory forms of conduct expected every day. Adam Wasserman has created a story that illuminates the fun side of a insular utopian paradise, where people are taken care of and...more
Donna
Oct 13, 2013 Donna added it
Shelves: gave-up-on
Won this book in the Goodreads First Reads giveaway. Waiting for it to arrive...
KyBunnies
This book was a goodreads.com first read contest win.

This is a truly interesting sci-fi book, but somethings are hard for the reader to understand. Or at least to me they were hard to understand. I am not a sci-fi person unless it involves Star Trek with James T. Kirk and Spock. (lol yes part of the older generation.) Still the author has written a good book that is interesting. I liked the characters Sally and Terry.

This is my opinion on the book it does not reflect the book or the author. For...more
Rebecca
Apr 27, 2012 Rebecca marked it as gave-it-a-try
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book, so I felt obligated to read it. (Entered the drawing because I thought another dystopia novel could be good.) After a few pages, I just couldn't get into it. Maybe someday I'll give it another shot, but as for now, just not interested.

But a BIG thank you to Mr. Wasserman for introducing me to Lulu.com!
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
Katelyn
Katelyn marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Liannis
Liannis marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Shannon Haddock
Shannon Haddock marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Ernesto Herrera
Ernesto Herrera marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Katie Low
Katie Low marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
s0fist
s0fist marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
  • Bone Machine
  • Warned
  • Everything But the Face
  • Shipbuilder (The Time Travel Journals, #1)
  • Futuredaze: An Anthology of YA Science Fiction
  • Brass Legionnaire (Steam Empire Chronicles #1)
  • Mailboxes - Mansions - Memphistopheles: A Collection of Dark Tales
  • Foreign Identity
  • Virtues of War
  • Ghosts in the Yew (Vesteal, #1)
  • Vestige
  • Tin Soldier (Seven Halos, #2)
  • Future Lovecraft
  • The Judas Syndrome (The Judas Syndrome, #1)
  • Beyond Belief
  • The Guardener's Tale
  • Origins (The Infusion Series, #1)
  • A Deceit to Die For
Gyges the Terrible The Politics of Consumption The Grey Life Ms. Wellington's Oak Tree Bringing Down the House