Start by marking “Double Dare” as Want to Read:
Double Dare

Double Dare

3.38  ·  Rating Details ·  7,567 Ratings  ·  577 Reviews
Runaway bride Louisa Honeycut is looking for a quick escape when she passes the Double Dare, Inc sign and the slogan "Are you ready for the time of your life?" seems like divine intervention. Sheltered by her overbearing father, Louisa has years of catching up to do and can think of no better person than gorgeous Sam Rawlins to show her. Is she ready for the time of her li ...more
Nook, Nook, 268 pages
Published October 28th 2011 by Smashwords (first published October 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Double Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Dare

Jen Lynn
This was a free kindle e-book. I'm usually pretty open with what I read, and usually at least somewhat enjoy everything, but this book was near horrible. A woman named Lou is being forced into a marriage to a guy because their parents want their businesses to merge. Lou decides she doesn't want this and runs away. Yes, she runs away. Keep in mind she is 20-something and from my understanding this is a relatively modern-day story. Anyway, she goes to this place where rich people can buy "adventur ...more
Sandy Smith
Dec 20, 2011 Sandy Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a cute little book. Written so well, it makes the reader seem like they are right there with the subjects of the book. If you want a light reading book to make you laugh and can read it in 1 day, this one is for you!
Ursula Gorman
I've never read anything by Rhonda Nelson, but I really enjoyed Double Dare. The book had a few issues, such as it needed an editor to go over it for mistakes...there were quite a few.
The premise of the story is a young, twenty-something woman, Lou, runs out of her wedding, literally. She has no idea where she is going to go, but she needs time. Time to get her mind in order and time to build up the courage to face her domineering father.
She sees a sign about adventure and the time of your life
Cynthia D'Alba
Jan 24, 2012 Cynthia D'Alba rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book a great deal.

The only negative was the numerous typographical errors and I confess I got distracted at times. However, it didn't diminish my enjoyment of the story.

I would recommend this book
Jan 25, 2012 Julieedington rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read, easy to follow. Love and adventure. I read it in a day.
Sep 24, 2012 Dina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Kindle freebie
Cute but clueless hero, TSTL heroine and unrealistic plot. 'Nuff said.
Mar 16, 2012 Shelley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Lou Honeycut runs from the church (escaping the wedding arranged by her very wealthy father), rips up her wedding gown so that it looks like a day dress, luckily has her suitcases and credit cards in the wedding limo, so pops into an agency to arrange an adventure.
The story doesn't become any more believable as it continues.
Lou is a rich, sheltered, egocentric 20+ year old who sees no problem in risking the ruination of the adventure business she books to make her escape; she has no problem wit
Claire G
Apr 28, 2013 Claire G rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I picked this up last year from Amazon for my kindle app because it was free and I was going crazy over free books (okay, still am.)
I remember liking some of it, I don't know, I think I got, like, halfway through and then I just...never went back to it. So I'm going to mark it as a DNF because I don't think I'm ever going to go back to this book.
It's not that it was bad...I just don't think I really want to read the rest. And I don't think I could read the start all over again.
I did not finish this book as I found the storyline somewhat unbelieveable and the further along I read the more detailed/graphic became the sexual scenes between two people who had only met a few days earlier. I would definitely not call this a clean romance and would not recommend it.
Sep 29, 2012 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Average rating: 2.5 stars.

I don't think I should write a synopsis of this book, quite honestly. And I don't want to.

This is one of those books that you can describe by the word "cute," and it is a cute story, but the thing with cute stories is that it's not astonishing, it doesn't sweep you of your feet, make you cry or even make it feel like you missed a friend after finishing it. Nothing inspiring, but cute, and short but sweet.
Oct 01, 2012 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for free way back and January and just read it. If I would’ve known that it would make me laugh so hard, I definitely would have read it sooner. I laughed and cried and I really needed that. It was also a decent sized book especially for free (it’s still free).

Louisa Honeycut is running from her controlling father and from her wedding. She just has her limo driver just drive around until she sees Double Dare, an adventure guide firm. She has the limo driver stop and sets forth t
Oct 30, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ug. So I struggled to rate this one. My own personal ratings are grades, with + and -, but here's is more limited. I went back and forth between a C- and a D+. In the end I gave it a C-. This story sucked ass. It was silly and contrived. Neither of the characters were sympathetic. And how is Sam not 400lbs with all those snack cakes he eats. I mean, I know he's active on these "adventures" but really? There were several things that the author seemed to forget as she was writing this too. At firs ...more
Short and sweet, 'Double Dare' was a cute and pleasant free ebook that I had downloaded for my Kindle. Ignoring some of the minor spelling and grammatical errors, the story was fun, though I always find it a bit hard when characters manage to fall in love within 3 days of knowing each other. Guess I'm not a big believer of love at first sight, though I guess it happens. Still, it was cute and has me really wanting to go climb a mountain or something. I wish I had Sam's job!
Dec 28, 2012 Randi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a little over 100 pages. I usually preferred to read longer books, but I'm glad that I got the chance to read this book. It's really a cute and fun read.

Lou dived into her limo and told her driver to go, go! She was running away from her wedding in the wedding gown. She decided to go on an adventure to be far from her father so she couldn't be manipulated into marrying a man who she doesn't love but is used to merge the two businesses between both families.

She was being guided by
Lynsey A
This was a quick read and a freebie on Kindle. A lady at my work read it and liked it. I read it quickly on the 4th. I liked it well enough and had a few laughs but it was quite a ridiculous story. It just seemed that everything was all happiness and flowers! I want a little more excitement in my romances. It was a quick read and helped add to my book count this year.

The hero wasn't quite what I like in my heroes. He was a bit of a beta and I love me some alphas. The heroine was flighty and com
Sheila Lord
Aug 01, 2013 Sheila Lord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great fun I would read again!!!!
Shambhawi P.
A short fun light read that made me go lol. And extremely cheesy and predictable. But Sam and Lou's explosive chemistry will also make you burst out with laughter. I wished there was less of the sappiness though. But not bad at all.

Got it on Kindle for free wayyy back when and this was definitely a Hit. Thank God for small mercies.

3.25 Stars

I couldn’t take it anymore. Not one more letter. From the very beginning, the book annoyed me with their clichés. The innocent virgin girl and the adventurous sexy man. The immediate attraction to one another. Bam – one look at each other and there are sexual fantasies aplenty. Especially Sam is heating up and thinking about his boner. Because he has a solid rule about not fraternizing with the client, but of course Lou should come along and let him break that rule.

”He suddenly had a vision
Well, it's a fairly shot novel, meaning the plot escalates quickly. If you're looking for deep meaningful conversations and character development, this is not a book for you.

It's a text book example of a chick lit-but I'm not saying this in a bad way.
Somewhere between countless chick lits I've read, I got tired of "perfect characters". I couldn't find one bad characteristic in Sam. Not to mention that both Sam and Lou look like cover models.

Normal girls fall in love, too.

There were some spell
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
Short but sweet.

This story was strangely addictive. I loved the style and the plot, even if the general elements have been overdone in fiction. This story still stood out with it's passion and the growing characters. I liked the whole concept of Double Dare and would love to go on the adventure of a lifetimes myself! Swimming with manatees would definitely be up there, I thought it was very different.

There were a few spelling and grammatical errors in this, but they didn't ruin my enjoyment of t
Aug 30, 2013 Missixo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Stopped a quarter of the way through .. it just didnt interest me and when i went to read it it was like a *sigh do i have to * im not interested in knowing what the ending is so stopped after like page 26
Melissa Levine
Mar 02, 2014 Leona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute storyline. A few grammatical/spelling errors, but for the most part well written and had good flow. For free it was a great read!! I don't know that I would have paid much to read it on my kindle.
Most of this book consists of "I want him/her, but there's no way that they want me!", usually from Sam.

He was pretty damn adorable though.

There's nothing remotely realistic about this story. Everything works out way too conveniently...but it's not a terrible story, for all that.

Lou leaves her groom at the altar, unwilling to go through with the marriage her father has planned out for her. She realized she should have spoken up and backed out sooner, but things moved a bit too fast for her to fu
Rachel Lightwood

If you hate clichés and stereotypes don't pick up this book. There really isn't much more to it than that. A handsome adventure guide falls in love with the pure virginal damsel in distress. Sigh. One day someone will come up with something new... but today isn't that day.

I didn't like Sam. He "wasn't ready for a relationship" and didn't want to have to break his 'no relationships with clients' rule but the moment he saw Lou in a tight dress he lost all his sense. Then he found out she

Why, do so many books seem to confuse lust with love. Perhaps it is something to do with the love at first sight phenomena so often touted by books and films and television. Sometimes, I buy it - Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty - they can get away with it as they are classics. Modern books though... I wish they were more realistic so that these myths do not get propagated.

Plotwise... runaway bride runs away and meets the man of her dreams and in doing so gains her independence from
I had heard so many good things about this book that I was doubly disappointed with its lack of creativity in all categories but proofreading. It was about worth what I paid for it...
Feb 21, 2015 Janice rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A must NOT read!!!!
Lesley Book Lover
A few typing/spelling errors, so needs a bit more work doing to this, not a bad little storyline, I just felt the adventure was over too quickly.
Oct 10, 2016 Achour rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not good read

I did not appreciate this book. Just I stopped reading in the middle. I read cozy mysteries books but here language and characters are not my style.
  • Dodge the Bullet
  • Donovan's Angel (Donovan's of the Delta #1)
  • A Wedding Story
  • With a View
  • A Fair to Remember (Welcome to Redemption, #2)
  • Falling Star
  • Marriage by Mistake
  • Heartfire (Search For Love, #5)
  • Intimate Strangers
  • Dating a Cougar (Never Too Late, #1)
  • No One But You
  • Love Unlisted
  • Chocolate Kisses
  • Free Falling
  • Beautiful Mess (Bailey's Boys, #1)
  • Looking for Trouble (Trouble, #1)
  • Bah, Humbug! (A Christmas Street, #1)
  • Stella

“Someone to share his life with, who would greet him with a smile and a kiss, and a toddler to tackle him around the knees. Not much by today's standards, but everything by his own.” 3 likes
“You don’t want to wake up one morning and realize that everything you’ve done in your life has been to please someone else. That you’ve let yourself be railroaded along the way.” 1 likes