Start by marking “Double Dare” as Want to Read:
Double Dare

Double Dare

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  6,025 ratings  ·  518 reviews
Runaway bride Louisa Honeycut is looking for a quick escape when she passes the Double Dare, Inc sign and the slogan "Are you ready for the time of your life?" seems like divine intervention. Sheltered by her overbearing father, Louisa has years of catching up to do and can think of no better person than gorgeous Sam Rawlins to show her. Is she ready for the time of her li ...more
Nook, Nook, 268 pages
Published October 28th 2011 by Smashwords (first published October 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Double Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Dare

Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisBound by Kira SaitoUnEnchanted by Chanda HahnReckless Magic by Rachel HigginsonThe Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
Free Nook Books
44th out of 64 books — 23 voters
Sex in the Title by Zack LoveThe Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin DionnePippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenConfetti Girl by Diana LópezThis Girl Climbs Trees by Ellen Mulholland
Books with Feet on the Cover
62nd out of 101 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Inge
DNF

I couldn’t take it anymore. Not one more letter. From the very beginning, the book annoyed me with their clichés. The innocent virgin girl and the adventurous sexy man. The immediate attraction to one another. Bam – one look at each other and there are sexual fantasies aplenty. Especially Sam is heating up and thinking about his boner. Because he has a solid rule about not fraternizing with the client, but of course Lou should come along and let him break that rule.

”He suddenly had a vision
Cora Tea Party Princess
Short but sweet.

This story was strangely addictive. I loved the style and the plot, even if the general elements have been overdone in fiction. This story still stood out with it's passion and the growing characters. I liked the whole concept of Double Dare and would love to go on the adventure of a lifetimes myself! Swimming with manatees would definitely be up there, I thought it was very different.

There were a few spelling and grammatical errors in this, but they didn't ruin my enjoyment of t
Ursula Gorman
I've never read anything by Rhonda Nelson, but I really enjoyed Double Dare. The book had a few issues, such as it needed an editor to go over it for mistakes...there were quite a few.
The premise of the story is a young, twenty-something woman, Lou, runs out of her wedding, literally. She has no idea where she is going to go, but she needs time. Time to get her mind in order and time to build up the courage to face her domineering father.
She sees a sign about adventure and the time of your life
Dina
Sep 24, 2012 Dina rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dina by: Kindle freebie
Cute but clueless hero, TSTL heroine and unrealistic plot. 'Nuff said.
Jen Lynn
This was a free kindle e-book. I'm usually pretty open with what I read, and usually at least somewhat enjoy everything, but this book was near horrible. A woman named Lou is being forced into a marriage to a guy because their parents want their businesses to merge. Lou decides she doesn't want this and runs away. Yes, she runs away. Keep in mind she is 20-something and from my understanding this is a relatively modern-day story. Anyway, she goes to this place where rich people can buy "adventur ...more
Shelley
Lou Honeycut runs from the church (escaping the wedding arranged by her very wealthy father), rips up her wedding gown so that it looks like a day dress, luckily has her suitcases and credit cards in the wedding limo, so pops into an agency to arrange an adventure.
The story doesn't become any more believable as it continues.
Lou is a rich, sheltered, egocentric 20+ year old who sees no problem in risking the ruination of the adventure business she books to make her escape; she has no problem wit
Rachel Lightwood

If you hate clichés and stereotypes don't pick up this book. There really isn't much more to it than that. A handsome adventure guide falls in love with the pure virginal damsel in distress. Sigh. One day someone will come up with something new... but today isn't that day.

I didn't like Sam. He "wasn't ready for a relationship" and didn't want to have to break his 'no relationships with clients' rule but the moment he saw Lou in a tight dress he lost all his sense. Then he found out she
Jenn
Ug. So I struggled to rate this one. My own personal ratings are grades, with + and -, but here's is more limited. I went back and forth between a C- and a D+. In the end I gave it a C-. This story sucked ass. It was silly and contrived. Neither of the characters were sympathetic. And how is Sam not 400lbs with all those snack cakes he eats. I mean, I know he's active on these "adventures" but really? There were several things that the author seemed to forget as she was writing this too. At firs ...more
Rhonda
I got this book for free way back and January and just read it. If I would’ve known that it would make me laugh so hard, I definitely would have read it sooner. I laughed and cried and I really needed that. It was also a decent sized book especially for free (it’s still free).

Louisa Honeycut is running from her controlling father and from her wedding. She just has her limo driver just drive around until she sees Double Dare, an adventure guide firm. She has the limo driver stop and sets forth t
Carina
*sigh*

Why, do so many books seem to confuse lust with love. Perhaps it is something to do with the love at first sight phenomena so often touted by books and films and television. Sometimes, I buy it - Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty - they can get away with it as they are classics. Modern books though... I wish they were more realistic so that these myths do not get propagated.

Plotwise... runaway bride runs away and meets the man of her dreams and in doing so gains her independence from
Cynthia D'Alba
I enjoyed the book a great deal.

The only negative was the numerous typographical errors and I confess I got distracted at times. However, it didn't diminish my enjoyment of the story.

I would recommend this book
Randi
This book is a little over 100 pages. I usually preferred to read longer books, but I'm glad that I got the chance to read this book. It's really a cute and fun read.

Lou dived into her limo and told her driver to go, go! She was running away from her wedding in the wedding gown. She decided to go on an adventure to be far from her father so she couldn't be manipulated into marrying a man who she doesn't love but is used to merge the two businesses between both families.

She was being guided by
Lynsey A
This was a quick read and a freebie on Kindle. A lady at my work read it and liked it. I read it quickly on the 4th. I liked it well enough and had a few laughs but it was quite a ridiculous story. It just seemed that everything was all happiness and flowers! I want a little more excitement in my romances. It was a quick read and helped add to my book count this year.

The hero wasn't quite what I like in my heroes. He was a bit of a beta and I love me some alphas. The heroine was flighty and com
Leona
Cute storyline. A few grammatical/spelling errors, but for the most part well written and had good flow. For free it was a great read!! I don't know that I would have paid much to read it on my kindle.
Valentina
Well, it's a fairly shot novel, meaning the plot escalates quickly. If you're looking for deep meaningful conversations and character development, this is not a book for you.

It's a text book example of a chick lit-but I'm not saying this in a bad way.
Somewhere between countless chick lits I've read, I got tired of "perfect characters". I couldn't find one bad characteristic in Sam. Not to mention that both Sam and Lou look like cover models.

Normal girls fall in love, too.

There were some spell
xXForever_LoveXx
I'm rating this book 2.5 stars, because, despite the fact it had quite a few issues (including some skewed logic, a few cliches, a strange unexplained aura of Insta-love, and the fact that this book was in desperate need of an editor), it still actually had quite a good premise. Nice storyline, somewhat imperfectly relatable characters, and an easy no-nonsense book that doesn't need much thinking. It's one of those lighthearted books you can skim through on a sunny day by the river when you're n ...more
Cheryl
This book is a self-pubbed book that I picked up for free at some point. For the most part, the grammar/spelling aren't too bad. I noticed a few errors, but overall, not enough to detract from the story. It has an intriguing cover - but unfortunately, the cover has very little to do with the story. It did, however get me to read the book sooner than I probably would have with a different cover.

The story: Louise Honeycutt begins the story running from her wedding - with her father's driver as her
Melissa
Who isn’t ready for a fun-filled vacation, even if it is through a book? I’ve never heard of an adventure tour guide, but now I’m curious whether it’s an affordable way to plan a trip. I generally plan my vacations the old-fashioned way, pick a place you want to go (in advance, I’m definitely a planner) and go. Double Dare was a pretty quick read (268 pages on Nook) for me. The plot was not the most believable plot I’ve read, but not utterly ridiculous. The main character, Louisa Honeycut was a ...more
Marsha
(3.5 Stars)
"Double Dare" is @ cute romantic read featuring a snack cake heiress whose controlling father is forcing her to marry into a family so that he can merge his business. On the day of her wedding, Lou manages to escape the church with her driver in a limo. while driving around she sees a billboard advertising an adventure of your life. This is just too good to pass up.

Sam has been in the stunt business for years but now owns and operates an adventure business. For three years he has want
Catherine Crook
I picked up this book on a whim a while ago while browsing on Amazon. I loved the cover! Very 'Runaway Bride!'

Lou is a lovable female lead. (Not as strong as I like my women in novels, but this was meant to be a fun and light read) Lou abandons her groom to be at the alter. "I imagine he's at the alter," she replied matter-of-factly. "Where I left him."

Lou meets Sam. Sam is an adventure guide with goals of his own that no longer consist of death-defying trips. More of the white-picket fence and
Makenzie
Short and sweet, 'Double Dare' was a cute and pleasant free ebook that I had downloaded for my Kindle. Ignoring some of the minor spelling and grammatical errors, the story was fun, though I always find it a bit hard when characters manage to fall in love within 3 days of knowing each other. Guess I'm not a big believer of love at first sight, though I guess it happens. Still, it was cute and has me really wanting to go climb a mountain or something. I wish I had Sam's job!
Claire Gamblin
I picked this up last year from Amazon for my kindle app because it was free and I was going crazy over free books (okay, still am.)
I remember liking some of it, I don't know, I think I got, like, halfway through and then I just...never went back to it. So I'm going to mark it as a DNF because I don't think I'm ever going to go back to this book.
It's not that it was bad...I just don't think I really want to read the rest. And I don't think I could read the start all over again.
Maria
Average rating: 2.5 stars.

I don't think I should write a synopsis of this book, quite honestly. And I don't want to.

This is one of those books that you can describe by the word "cute," and it is a cute story, but the thing with cute stories is that it's not astonishing, it doesn't sweep you of your feet, make you cry or even make it feel like you missed a friend after finishing it. Nothing inspiring, but cute, and short but sweet.
Pearl
check out my review at

This book is simply amazing. It is funny, quirky, sweet and makes you literally laugh-out-loud!

Sam and Lou, she stood up her fiance at the altar and is running away, he owns an adventure/thrill seeking business and away they go. She is running away from an overbearing father and he is chasing his dreams, or so he thought. Together with their sizzling chemistry, they can't help falling in love. But like all headstrong people feeling so
Shambhawi P.
A short fun light read that made me go lol. And extremely cheesy and predictable. But Sam and Lou's explosive chemistry will also make you burst out with laughter. I wished there was less of the sappiness though. But not bad at all.

Got it on Kindle for free wayyy back when and this was definitely a Hit. Thank God for small mercies.

3.25 Stars
Darangelica Arroyo
Okay, so this wasn't that bad... It might have been a bit fun to read. but I felt like it was a story I've heard, seen in movies, and read a million times with little variations. It was predictable.

Also, it has many errors. Words badly written, sentences that make no sense, etc. As if it wasn't edited. But anyways, that's just a fact I wanted to add on the side. If you're a "grammar nazi" this might annoy you.

(What comes next summarizes the whole book...)
The common tale of a rich-daddy's-little
Loraine
I did not finish this book as I found the storyline somewhat unbelieveable and the further along I read the more detailed/graphic became the sexual scenes between two people who had only met a few days earlier. I would definitely not call this a clean romance and would not recommend it.
Candice Burnett
Quick, sexy, and fun page-turner. I finished this book in one setting and could not put it down. It starts off right from the get-go into the story and our MC driving away from her own wedding. I loved how much she grew throughout the book, but not having much a back bone at all, to really diving in and finding out who she was and what she wanted. The ending was perfect for me as well:) I won't dive in so I don't give it away but it was amazing. The sexual tension between the two Mc's was genuin ...more
Sandy Smith
What a cute little book. Written so well, it makes the reader seem like they are right there with the subjects of the book. If you want a light reading book to make you laugh and can read it in 1 day, this one is for you!
  • Dodge the Bullet
  • A Wedding Story
  • Donovan's Angel (Donovan's of the Delta #1)
  • Falling Star
  • A Fair to Remember (Welcome to Redemption, #2)
  • Marriage by Mistake
  • Intimate Strangers
  • My Man Pendleton
  • Free Falling
  • Bah, Humbug! (A Christmas Street, #1)
  • The Merry-Go-Round
  • Love in Bloom
  • Ties That Bind
  • Enemies and Playmates
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • Dating a Cougar (Never Too Late, #1)
  • Brenin
Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1) The Player The Specialist The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2) The Maverick

“Someone to share his life with, who would greet him with a smile and a kiss, and a toddler to tackle him around the knees. Not much by today's standards, but everything by his own.” 3 likes
“eBooks are not transferrable. They cannot be sold, shared or given away as it is an infringement on the copyright of these works. This book is an original publication of the author who wrote the story herein contained. This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the authors’ imaginations or are used fictitiously,” 1 likes