Start by marking “Asha” as Want to Read:
Asha

Asha

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Asha is a 15-year old girl with the soul of a demon. She plans to wage war against heaven and hell using humanity as her main weapon. Asha begins the epic tale of the revenge of the dark goddess of demons!
Kindle Edition
Published September 7th 2011 (first published August 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Asha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asha

Katy
May 20, 2013 Katy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who honor the Dark
Shelves: ebook
Please note: Read and reviewed in October 2012. Changing the order and fixing a typo I spotted.

Book Info: Genre: Dark Fantasy
Reading Level: YA
Recommended for: fans of dark fantasy, Goths, followers of the Old Ways

My Thoughts: I had planned to read the first book in Kevis Hendrickson’s space opera, Rogue Hunter: Inquest (review here) and noticed I had this short story, so decided to read it first.

This is a short story, so there isn’t much I can tell you about it without spoiling it, but I will sa
Dierdra Byrd
Asha has a lot of things put into one short story so I was surprised at how well it all worked out. I did not overly like the ending but I'm not big of cliff hangers for stand alone books, is this or going to be a series ?
Asha was a good main character and hopefully she is, or will be in future books.
Tiffany Lovering
Review from LimerenceMag.com

Asha, a dark fantasy by Kevis Hendrickson, is about a 15 year old girl, Asha, who has the soul of a demon. The description for the book says that she plans to wage a war between heaven and hell, using humanity as her weapon, which immediately intrigued me.

The cover is beautiful and the first chapter really drew me into the mind of Asha. Unfortunately, there was nothing after the first chapter that really kept me interested. As the 31-page book continued, Asha’s lack
Marise Ghorayeb
Feb 25, 2012 Marise Ghorayeb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I’ve read other works by Kevis Hendrickson, and as some other reviewers have mentioned, this one is very different. I really liked this style. This story more than anything is about a character: who she is, what her motivations and history are, and whether or not she can change. Asha’s personality makes her a very interesting character, especially since it’s hard to like her and yet I did like her… I think. I didn’t always know how I felt about what was happening and I very much appreciate ...more
Carien
Dec 09, 2011 Carien rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable short story.

The writing is decent and Asha is an intriguing character. I would have loved to learn a bit more about what makes her tick though, she remained a bit of a mystery which made it hard to connect with her.

The story is intruiging, but doesn't really have a satisfying ending, but this is often the case with first books in an ongoing series, so I won't hold that against it.

All in all it's a nice start of a series and I'm curious how this story will further evolve.
Kristin
This is a very short story about a demon named Asha whom is currently disguised on earth as a 15 year old girl. The book starts out with Asha's first day of high school and shows how detached and unaccepted she is in the modern world. She was born in a human body by a human mother who has no idea that she is actually a demon. Asha acts as if she is a normal teenager by going shopping with her mother and doing homework.

It's interesting to hear how Asha feels for her mother considering the fact t
Mackenzie
I'm not generally a fan of short fiction, but I quite liked Asha.

I almost wish the book was longer so I could see more of our world through Asha's eyes. In some spots her character came fully to life, especially during the scenes where she flexes her power. In other parts she tends to fall flat. I understand that on one hand she probably isn't supposed to have emotions, or show emotions like a normal person would, but I feel with some tweeking that would come across a lot better.

It would be inte
Aliraluna
Dec 04, 2011 Aliraluna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Asha, because of a challenge, she had to become a human and also she wanted to prove herself worthy... besides she has a plan. Asha that witnessed the drowning of Atlantis, that saw the rising of the tower of Babel as each stone of its foundation was set upon the next, ever ascending, reaching toward heaven itself; she who saw the birth of the ancient pyramids, the death of Julius Caesar, the ris of the Christ-God! and even the sunset of her own religion. For she, Asha, is the eternal mother of ...more
☺~Tina~☺
Asha is a demon that has been reborn into an African American girl. This story is 6 chapters long and about 60 or so kindle pages. Asha is in high school, makes good grades (of course) and is a cheerleader. She runs into skinheads, she sends them running all but one, a blue eye girl watches her closely. Asha know something is different about the girl but she has more pressing issues to watch out for, one is the dark figures that have watched her since she was a baby and too is a bitchy head chee ...more
Cecilia Robert
Oct 22, 2011 Cecilia Robert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Asha: The cover; I love it! Prose; love it
I enjoy reading dark fantasy, and this one didn't dissapoint.
Asha is not your typical 15 year old teenager. She possesses the soul of a demon. I like her strong voice and character and her compassion towards her mom. I enjoyed the interaction between Asha and Morgana. made her seem more alive. At the end of the story ( I didnt want it to end, I wanted more) I could darkness unleashed as her power awakened.
Overall, I enjoyed reading this story.Good work,
Colleen Ray

This is a short story about a demon who plans to wage a war between Heaven and Hell. it sounded intriguing, but fell totally flat, unfortunately. There was no character development, and little actually happened in the story. I got this short e-story free on Amazon; if you have to pay for it, save your money.
Yvensong
This would have received 4 stars from me if the author had spent more time building conflict and tension in the story and the ending hadn't been so abrupt. Those two factors detracted from what was a very interesting, well-written story of a demon who answered a challenge to become human.
Vincent Hobbes
Oct 26, 2011 Vincent Hobbes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was pleasantly surprised to read something dark from this author. Quite a different story than what I've read of his work, and I very much enjoyed it. The tone was eerie, the pace fast....I'd suggest this to anyone who loves a good scary tale. Five stars for Mr. Hendrickson.
Kim
Jul 12, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unbelievable story! True evil and right to the point this short story leaves you wanting more! I received this free through the ARR program and really enjoyed it. The writing of Kevis Hendrickson definately deserves to be read!
Ebony
Ebony rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Aryssa
Aryssa marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Kajola
Kajola marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Maitri
Maitri marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Moonface10
Moonface10 marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Madie
Madie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Linda Todd
Linda Todd marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2014
Kitty
Kitty marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Sci-Fi/...: Free YA urban fantasy-Asha 1 2 Jul 04, 2012 08:50AM
Kevis Hendrickson is the author of eight Science Fiction and Fantasy novels, including The Legend of Witch Bane and the Rogue Hunter series. His second novel Rogue Hunter: Quest of the Hunter won the Red Adept Annual Indie Award (2010) for 'Top Science Fiction'. His most recent novel is Rogue Hunter: Valor. The sixth book in the series, Rogue Hunter: Death Moon, is scheduled for release in 2016. H ...more
More about Kevis Hendrickson...