Start by marking “Frankie's Vamp (Hot Encounters #1)” as Want to Read:
Frankie's Vamp (Hot Encounters #1)

Frankie's Vamp (Hot Encounters #1)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  328 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Merrick has never had to chase anyone in his life, but then he's never met his mate before. Frankie has dated some losers and just escaped an abusive ex. Trusting his vamp won't be easy.

After five centuries, Merrick Winters is bored with life. He's tired of the same kind of men throwing themselves at him. His coven is secure and his bar is a success. He needs a challenge.
Published May 12th 2012 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Frankie's Vamp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankie's Vamp

Serena Yates
Relatively short, fun, and very hot, this is the story of 500-year-old vampire coven leader Merrick who finally finds his mate. Only – Frankie hasn’t had a single successful relationship in his life and isn’t willing to risk being kicked aside or abused again. I enjoyed their banter, watching Merrick fight for every inch of ground between them as they look for a way to live together. While the topic of ‘fated mates’ is definitely prominent in this story, Toni Griffin lets her main characters str ...more
Trisha Harrington
This was a brilliant start to the series. I am really starting to love books with Vampires in them, and this was one of those great ones. Granted, the story wasn't unique exactly. But I did enjoy reading it. I know some are put off my books that have no real unique twist to them, but you should give this one a go anyway.

Merrick has been alive for centuries. And in that time never found his mate. So, when he does meet him he'll be willing to wait for the man to come to terms with everything. Fran
Lioness7
The book was okay to read. I just feel like it is similar to a lot of the other vampire books that I have read where you have a vampire that finds his destined mate. Then you have a boyfriend that won’t take no for an answer. Finally, you throw in some rogues. I still enjoyed the book though mainly due to Frankie. I liked that he was sassy. He didn’t take crap from anyone. He was definitely the high point in the book.

Overall, I don’t know if this would be a reread or not. It may be down the road
Phaney
May 22, 2013 Phaney rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

This was a stupid book. I mean, I kinda knew the likelihood of this when going in, but damn.

It just felt naïve, like a personal fantasy. As though the author is projecting her opinions, likes and dislikes, using the chars as a soap box. Oh and wish fulfilment. Be it some fancy car or the detailed menu in some amazing restaurant.
Character motivations made little sense either, especially with Frankie who came off as a stereotypical and outdated, mercurial heroine, jerking the hero arou
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Merrick is slightly bored with the same old same old. After all, there is only so much a vamp can do in five hundred years. But, that all changes when he spots Frankie on the dance floor of his club and he has a feeling that he will be forever kept on his toes. Frankie is just letting loose on the dance floor when he spots the most gorgeous man ever, but after coming out of a relationship where his ex-boyfrien
Ana
I enjoyed the overall look of this story. I liked how Frankie didn't immediately bed or accept Merrick. How he tried to get to know him better. How he tried to have a relationship with him . How he tried to wait until he trusted him.

Did you notice how I said tried and not achieved? That's because he tried but never really made it work. While he did manage to wait a couple days, I still think it was too rushed. I understand the appeal of mates, of having someone destined to be all you ever hoped
Meggie
This is a light "getting together" or finding a soul mate story. Maybe it's to easily plotted story with no fresh touch from this writer. Everything was the same as in other stories with same theme.
Ayla
More like 3.5, it just went by too quick for me. Though I really like the world she's creating and would love to know more about some of the other characters. :)
Jilrene ♥
Jan 26, 2013 Jilrene ♥ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: someone looking for light reading
Shelves: series
What a sweet, easy read! I really enjoyed this story and read it without stopping. Frankie is dancing his heart out at Hot Encounters, the club owned by Merrick. Merrick is a 500 year old vampire coven leader. Merrick and Frankie feel the mutual attraction, but Frankie isn’t comfortable with a new relationship. He just dumped his jerk of a boyfriend (his 9th bad choice), and Frankie isn’t real confident he can attract a good man. Merrick finally gets Frankie to agree to dinner and tells Frankie ...more
Maya
Apr 27, 2012 Maya rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: hearts
Frankie’s Vamp by Toni Griffin
2.5 Stars
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

Merrick Withers is a lonely vampire who is sexy as sin, Master of the city, over five hundred years old and he is bored half to death. He owns a popular and upscale nightclub where people come to drink, feed and hook up. He has lost interest in even sitting at his booth, like he normally would, watching everyone enjoy themselves around him until one night a sweet scent and a vision of a shirtless, strawberry blonde ma
Taff
Loved it. Another winner from Ms Griffin as far as I'm concerned.

If you are looking for a deep plot you won't find it here but rather than detracting from the book I found that only made it remarkably easy to read.
It is fast paced and seems a little rushed at times and there were a few spots where I would have liked to see the story more developed (for instance the rouge vampires)but I'm wondering if that will happen in a future book. The characters were quite well written and I loved that even
Shirley
What a sweet read! Total guilty pleasure read.
Merrick is a vampire over five hundred years old. He owns a popular and upscale night club where he meets Frankie (a human). The typical story (fighting the attraction, …) but really sweet story.
Mary
This book is at best - a decent read. It's not that Griffin can't write, but the style of writing seemed so simple and naive and cliched that I am literally forcing myself to finish this book.

It is a very short story, with a plot that has little to no depth. If you're a fan of this genre, without even trying you would be able to guess what will happen next. Everything is so predictable and cheesy, it's like reading a well written piece of fanfiction.

While the characters are cute and this wasn'
Debbie
A sweet but fairly predictable read with enjoyable MC's.
Alli
I thought this was a nice read, not a lot of depth, but I suppose for me it had a little more because I am in Perth and I know the streets and buildings so that made me more aware of the setting, where as 99.9999% you just have to guess or you may have heard the main ones from big cities.

I liked this, it was a good Sunday afternoon read.
Hc Lynn
hmm.. The sex scenes were ok-ish.. character development thou seemed lacking and almost teenager-like at times for me. Did like Frankie and attitude of not being pushed around.. Merrirk was too arrogant for me

I may still read the next book anyways.. haven't decided yet
Robin
Another winner from Toni Griffin. Frankie is a refreshing challenge for vampire coven leader Merrick. Merrick's pursuit of the sexy Frankie is a hoot to read about. Throw in a bit of drama and some very hot loving and it's a definite must read.
Brenda (b)
I like these quick stories. There's enough in the story that I'm able to develop feelings for the characters and I enjoy following their adventures. I'm looking forward to the next one in this series.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Total guilty pleasure read.
I found Frankie's decision to mate a bit anticlimactic and the resolution with Peter and the rogues, but all in all a typical 'my mate' insta lust short that I enjoyed.
Candice
3.5 star

Not really much to say about this one, pretty predictable, but it had vampires so I was happy.
Rachel
Cute story...reminded me a lot of Amber Kell's vampire stories. Will look forward to reading more.
Fan-girl
It was sweet but I would have liked to get to know the charters better.
Nikko
A very nice read.. I love it...
Dallison
Very cute story.
  • Enduring Instincts (Instincts, #2)
  • The Vampire Contract (Supernatural Bounty Hunters #1)
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
  • Nija's Temptation (Christian's Coven, #2)
  • Lessons for Lewis (The Larson Legacy, #2)
  • Night and Day (Night and Day, #1)
  • Spectrum Skies (Spectrum Skies, #1)
  • Soulless
  • Cat Scratch Fever  (Tribal Bonds, #3)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Everything That You Are
  • Crying For The Moon
  • Dare to Love Forever (New Vampire Justice #1)
  • Thirst
  • Cold Moon (Moon, #3)
  • Blind Under The Moon (Blood Moon Pack Alliance # 1)
  • Our Sexy Tiger (Purrfect Mates, #3)
Toni Griffin lives in Darwin, the smallest of Australia’s capital cities. Born and raised in the state she’s a Territorian through and through. Growing up Toni hated English with a passion (as her editors can probably attest to) and found her strength lies with numbers.
Now, though, she loves escaping to the worlds she creates and hopes to continue to do so for many years to come. She’s a single m
More about Toni Griffin...
Unexpected Mate (Holland Brothers, #1) Determined Mate (Holland Brothers, #2) Protective Mate (Holland Brothers, #3) Forbidden Mate (Holland Brothers, #4) Liam (The Atherton Pack, #1)