Start by marking “Passion Capital: The World's Most Valuable Asset” as Want to Read:
Passion Capital: The World's Most Valuable Asset

Passion Capital: The World's Most Valuable Asset

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Passion Capital is a revolutionary asset that will completely change your idea of how to build long-term success for your career, company, or cause.

Ask leaders in any country this essential question: “What is your most valuable asset?” and they may suggest one of three traditional forms of capital – financial, human, or intellectual. These are intelligent, well-meaning ans
Published May 8th 2012 by Signal (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Passion Capital, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passion Capital

Jill
Amazing book by someone who "walks the talk". If you want to energize yourself and set your organization on fire, this is the book for you.
Paul Nazareth
This is not a CEO vanity project. It's a labour of love, yes a two-year product of passion from a man who made the top 40 under 40, was voted by them as the best and has made an actual mark in massive tectonic industries like retail, music and the technology of the internet.

This is not about good to great, it's about great to BEST. I love the many stories he tells in this book. Practical stories of winners, failures - why they won and lost. Edison, JK Rowling were bad bets - This is a book dedi
Shannon
Just launched last night, Passion Capital is a heartfelt, personal, and well laid out first effort, making it a light but impactful and thought provoking read.

I'm fortunate to work for the organization Paul Alofs currently oversees and can attest to how well he embodies the principles he succinctly describes in this book. A great read for anyone seeking to turn their passion into a meaningful career.
Tara
I'm so glad Paul Alofs wrote this book. I was lucky enough to work in an industry that was my passion for more than fifteen years, but I lost my fire. This book really inspired me, knowing that another great passion is around the corner, and reminding me of how important it is to feel that kind of connection to your work.
Kyle
If you can't relate to any of the stories, then I suggest never reading a book again. His experience and insight is fantastic! I would highly recommend this book and implement the words into your life.
Darin M
I worked for HMV Canada in the nineties, and our success was truly driven by first assembling teams of passionate music lovers, and then instilling them with the business skills to run a business.
Suzanne Ross
Paul Alofs and I went to school together. He has had a very interesting career, and uses his experiences to build the argument that great companies foster "passion capital", an even more powerful asset than financial, human or intellectual capital. The book is peppered with stories about people and companies who have exhibited the qualities and energy that can truly change the business dynamic. I found it a very compelling read, and have quoted passages from it in my entrepreneurship classes.
Niya B
I wanted to like Alofs, and appreciated his textbook structuring of the manuscripts, complete with summary sections at the end of each chapter and next steps to operationalize the insights - it's an approach more business books could benefit from. The issue I had wasn't the structuring, or the content - it was the lack of compelling writing, and the somewhat lacklustre anecdotes. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, but there didn't seem to be enough force in the stories to suggest enough incentive to o ...more
Nick
There's nothing in this book that I would take issue with, but there's nothing particularly new either. The author says "passion capital" (the "world's most valuable asset") is energy plus intensity plus sustainability, and that to make it all work you need a creed (aka belief in what you're doing), culture, courage, brand, resources, strategy, persistence, and management/leadership. Sure, but this is not exactly news. The book is full of great stories, but the fresh insights are rare. You might ...more
Victoria Shepherd
I was really excited to read a leadership book by a Canadian, but this one covers too much breadth with too little depth.
Bruce
Must read if you are Canadian and interested in business.
Barb C
Barb C is currently reading it
May 22, 2015
Usman Chohan
Usman Chohan marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Stephanie Chang
Stephanie Chang marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Seema Sethi
Seema Sethi marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
David Meyer
David Meyer marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Hattan Zahid
Hattan Zahid marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Peter James
Peter James marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Doina
Doina added it
Jan 15, 2015
Roberto
Roberto marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Nadir
Nadir marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014