Start by marking “The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet: Smart, Simple, Science-Based Strategies for Losing Weight and Keeping It Off” as Want to Read:

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  90 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Based on Volumetrics, named the Most Effective Diet of 2011 by The Daily Beast, The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet by Dr. Barbara Rolls with Mindy Hermann offers smart, simple, science-based strategies for losing weight and keeping it off. In this beautiful full-color combination diet plan and cookbook, the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Volumetrics provides new fin ...more
Published April 10th 2012 by William Morrow Cookbooks

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet

Happyreader
Apr 11, 2012 Happyreader rated it really liked it
Volumetrics is the most sensible diet plan out there. Fill up your plate with non-starchy vegetables, add fiber-rich whole grains, beans, and fruit, cut your fats and added sugars and you can lose weight without starving. So much food and flexibility. Two of my research studies and many other weight loss studies use the principles of Volumetrics (worst diet name ever). So based on that alone, I should give the book five stars. But I’m removing a star because there is nothing new in this book. If ...more
Heather Pegram
Feb 28, 2015 Heather Pegram rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad read and a good plan

This isn't a terribly original way to eat but how it is scientifically explained is new. Usually this type of eating plan is labeled with a fancy name that describes more about the limitations of the food list rather than what is suitable for healthy eating. The science of this plan is the selling point.
Diane
Feb 06, 2014 Diane rated it really liked it
Good, basic diet/nutrition book. I like the idea of considering the calorie density of foods, as well as the volume in determining your food choices and how full you will be after eating. Sensible plan for life. Barbara Rolls includes lots of scientific study on food and eating, which is always interesting.
Vicki Willis
Great recipes and good information. Love this book!
Ariadna73
Apr 06, 2014 Ariadna73 rated it it was ok
meh!
Paulla
Dec 30, 2012 Paulla rated it really liked it
Well written and easy to read. I read this because it was recommended by a friend although I am not sure why because I already eat a plant-based diet so most of it isn't news to me. I did find a couple of interesting recipes though.
Karen
Jul 31, 2012 Karen marked it as to-read
This is Barbara Rolls latest (2012)on her volumetrics work. It looks absolutely fabulous! [smart, simple, scienced-based strategies for losing weight and keeping it off)
Roland
Aug 19, 2012 Roland rated it it was amazing
Very good. Too remember to eat low calorie foods in volume is a very good idea. Enjoyed the book very much.
Heather
Aug 21, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, 2012
Outstanding. Love that everything recommended is proven. Can't wait to see if it works for me.
Ansa
Ansa marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 28, 2016
Courtney Dillard
Courtney Dillard rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Nick Lascelles
Nick Lascelles is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2016
Mary Compton
Mary Compton marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Chris
Chris added it
Jan 17, 2016
Marianna
Marianna marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Debra Greene
Debra Greene marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Drew A. Borovies
Drew A. Borovies rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2016
Adriana
Adriana rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 04, 2016
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Bmora7
Bmora7 rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
Stacie V Phillips
Stacie V Phillips rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Trish
Trish rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Hope Pankey
Hope Pankey marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Jaime
Jaime rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
Cristina
Cristina is currently reading it
Nov 11, 2015