Start by marking “The Last Awakening (Curse of the Phoenix, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Last Awakening (Curse of the Phoenix, #2)

The Last Awakening (Curse of the Phoenix #2)

For three hundred years, Arabella’s life has been one meaningless death after another. In a cruel twist of fate, Osiris gifts the phoenix her mortality and long-gone voodoo magic with a warning that she must save her next soul within a week without using magic, or she’ll lose her power forever.

Ex-soldier Greyson Meadows desperately wants to be freed from the nightmares and

To ask other readers questions about The Last Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Awakening

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
Another beautifully written novel!

Joint Review: http://samsawesomness.blogspot.com/20...

Photobucket
Rhonda
Nov 26, 2011 Rhonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Joint Review:

Rhonda- I first became acquainted with Rachel Firasek with her first novel "Piper's Fury" and it was so good I was certainly on board for anything she writes. Well I was all kinds of excited when I found out she was coming out with this three part novella series "Curse of the Phoenix". In book one we meet most of the key players that carry over to this book, so I strongly recommend reading them in order. Now in book 2. "The Last Awakening", we
Babs
Ari is trying to find the soul she is supposed to save. Walking into a store she wonders around for a few minutes until she finally sees the one she was sent for. Greyson and Ex-Solider who has his own issues. As he is talking to a friend of his and her two girls, he notices Ari and how great she looks. Out of no where Greyson’s old friend Harry also an Ex-Solider comes into the store with a gun and things go wrong. Ari saves Greyson,but at what costs?
Rachel knows how to write a wonderful story
Mary Terrani
Feb 04, 2012 Mary Terrani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE this series. SO glad a friend turned me on to it. I read the first two books today (haven't gotten much else done lol) Cannot wait for book 3 and Sadie's story.

Amazing books Rachel!!
Nikki Brandyberry
review soon :)
Melissa Jones
Dec 16, 2011 Melissa Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Firasek The Last Awakening - Curse of the Phoenix Book 2

Books Description :

Ex-soldier Greyson Meadows For three hundred years, Arabella’s life has been one meaningless death after another. In a crue
Rose

My thoughts...
I'd considered the high standard of the first book in the series, The Last Rising, unable to be met by this sequel in terms of it's originality, intensity and quick pace. I was wrong. The first book was captivating: i rated it four stars, but The Last Awakening was both captivating and utterly enthralling! This book includes everything you expect and enjoy from a full-length novel and in no way feels as though it's been crammed in.

We had the strong-willed Ice serving her penance a
Katrina
Nov 26, 2011 Katrina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Last Awakening is the second book in Rachael Firasek's Phoenix series and certainly a wonderful addition.

In The Last Awakening we have Arabella * Ari* who has been sent to save her Marks life. Here Ari finds Greyson Meadows and ex - solider who is a tortured soul, carrying hurt, and guilt like no other. She finds him in a convenience store and this is where Ari will meet her death again. Ari has been doing this for over 300 years,loosing herself to the phonenix time and time again but after
Debra Anastasia
Jun 20, 2012 Debra Anastasia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Arabella and Greyson have a wicked hot love story and wildly inventive universe in which to play in. Ms. Firasek is a go to about who put so much effort and love into her books that you can't help but feel lucky you found her. She will take excellent care of your heart while you enjoy her amazing ride. Treat yourself to her whole collection!
Lisa
Nov 26, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Last Awakening was a very different story than The Last Rising but I enjoyed them equally. I actually think that I was caught by surprise as to how different these two stories are but why wouldn't they be I asked myself afterward. Every man and woman has their own unique story and the world would be pretty boring if we were all the same.

As the book opens, Arabella is being drawn to the next person that will need her. She soon discovers that it is a handsome man in a grocery store in the midd
Chrystal Snowdrop Dreams
This was perfect to read right after The Last Rising, as I had the storyline fresh in my mind. This story centers around some supporting characters from book one, Ari and Grey and it is so different from the first novella, but just as wonderful. You just see glimpses of them both in the first book and now you get their full story. I love that Ice and Turner make appearances throughout this story. You also get to see a different side to Osiris and learn more about him and his choices - I'm curiou ...more
Natasja
Mar 14, 2012 Natasja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Last Awakening by Rachel Firasek is the second novel in her Curse of the Phoenix Series and just like the first one it’s only around 100 pages, but definitely worth your time.

Arabella “Ari” is a cursed phoenix and is on an assignment when her phoenix power lures her to a small town grocery store. It appears her unknown target is in there and she have to figure out who it is and save him or her before it is too late. She is in for a surprise when her target is Greyson Meadows, a handsome ex-s
Jasmyn
The thing I like most about this series is that even though the stories are short, they jump right into the action and carry you along right until the very end. Arabella is a fiesty voodoo priestess, or at least she was. Something went wrong with a spell one day and she ended up serving as one of Osiris's phoenixes until she learns her lesson. While serving as a phoenix may sound glamorous, it's actually quite the opposite. Having to die over and over again in the place of others wears thin quic ...more
Stacy
Nov 27, 2011 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading THE LAST RISING and falling in love with Ice and Turner I didn't want to read about another couple but jumped into THE LAST AWAKENING anyways. The series is very unique and that alone pulls you into the story. The characters are full of depth and grow at a great pace for such short reads.

Ari was easy to like. She had no trouble going for what she wanted and she saw Greyson as being just like her, she wanted to do anything she could to help him heal. Greyson and Ari's attraction is
Linda
This is the 2nd installment of Rachel's Curse of the Phoenix series. The 1st book in this series, The Last Rising, was a very good read and, even though this installment was quite different from the 1st, I was not disappointed by this 2nd entry in this series. I do, however, highly recommend that these books be read in order as much background into the role of the phoenix and other primary characters who are in both books are introduced in the 1st book.
This is the story of Arabella, former phoen
Heather
This is book two in the Curse of the Phoenix series. Rachel Firasek has created another exquisite masterpiece with the right blend of paranormal and romance. The other characters are given life as well as the protagonist and I love that. I like to see each character have a different story. It makes them more real to me. The up and downs of relationships are told well and helped flesh out the characters.

If you like bittersweet romance with paranormal elements, this book is the one for you.

I give
Sarah Cass
Rachel did it once again. A lot of story packed into a little novella. Heat beyond belief...heart...and at least one GREAT laugh (tears of laughter at one point).

I loved Grey and Ari together, loved knowing that at the end they were healING, not healed. I was glad to see Ice and Turner again, and of course Brodie.

So glad I scooped up this installment, and once again read it in three days. Now I wait ever so impatiently for book #3.
Sandy
Ari's journey is just as unique and interesting as Ice's. This series has proved to be very unique and romantic and I cannot wait to read the final installment.
Jillian
Jan 25, 2012 Jillian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Ari and Grey's story!

GONZA
Jan 19, 2012 GONZA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really miss the first one, unluckily, but I got the last (3rd) so I'm considerably happy ;)
THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND ENTANGLED PUBLISHING FOR THE PREVIEW
Drew Constance

★★★.5 Stars - Please Check this series out.

Pam
Ari is a phoenix who did something horrible a long time ago. She unleashed something she couldn't control and now she is paying for it. She has saved many souls but it hasn't helped her any. Now when she is ready to give up she gets the chance to be a mortal again. She just has to save Greyson. Greyson is haunted by his past and memories of being a survivor. Ari gets him to start to care about life again and have hopes. Ari just has to learn to control her magic and not kill anyone. They have an ...more
Rachel
Jun 15, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Firasek writes a series which is truly new and completely addicting. This trilogy of novels is wonderfully written in such a way that the reader relies on the story continuing. Overlapping the characters from story to story, has been done before but in this case completes the flow of the individual books.

The Last Rising – introduces you to the series and the Phoenix’s. Ice is a Phoenix who is making penance for her sins, Turner Alcott is her mark and together they weave a story that encha
Ria
Full Review @http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/07...

The author did a good job of keeping my attention but at the end of the day this was just okay. Maybe it was the dislike of the characters towards Osiris but I wasn’t in love. I spoke to this a bit earlier but again everything was soooooo insta one moment Grey is taking a double shot of whiskey and the next he’s professing his undying love. All of which happens within a week of meeting Ari. As for Ari it’s like she loved him all along. I’m an
Eva Millien
Jul 06, 2014 Eva Millien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Curse of the Phoenix series is a riveting romance that captures the heart. To save a man worthy of a second chance Osiris gifts the phoenix, Arabella with her mortality and with her voodoo powers return - powers that could be death of Ari and the man she’s loves as well.

This fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps the adrenaline pumping with lots of suspense, drama and romance. The author describes the scenes with well written details that capture the imagination and the
Brittany
Over the past year, I just could not bring myself to finish this. It just did not pull me in as much as the first book. It was funny and engaging but just did not love it. The guy character was just not my favorite.
Michelle Leah Olson
Another great installment of the series. I actually enjoyed parts of this even more than the first book.
-full review coming for the full trilogy box set for a July Author Event
Rhiannon
Rhiannon rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2011
Arianna
Arianna rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2012
Felecia
Felecia rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
  • When a Mullo Loves a Woman
  • If I Loved You (Hollywood Hearts, #1)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Demon Tales, #1)
  • The Fallen Queen (The House of Arkhangel'sk, #1)
  • Blood Lust (Blood Series, #3)
  • Love Kinection
  • Jezebel's Wish
  • Z: Zombie Stories
  • Burn
  • Voices On The Waves
  • Touch of the Angel (Demons of Infernum, #3)
  • The Sexy & The Undead (Sexy Witches, #1)
  • Beyond a Proposition
  • Sacrifice of Passion
  • 30 Days of Night: Night, Again
  • Recovery (Nicci Beauvoir #2)
  • Dangerous Flirt (The Layton Family #2)
  • Night of Fire (The Ether Chronicles, #2)
Rachel Firasek spends her days daydreaming of stories and her nights putting the ideas to ink. She has spent a dull life following the rules, meeting deadlines, and toeing the line, but in her made up worlds, she can let the wild side loose. Her wonderful husband and three children support her love of the written word and only ask for the occasional American Idol or Swamp People quality hour.

She h
More about Rachel Firasek...

Curse of the Phoenix (3 books)
  • The Last Rising (Curse of the Phoenix, #1)
  • The Last Beginning (Curse of the Phoenix, #3)

“Hey, did you--"
"Read your mind?" Osiris shrugged. "It's like an open book full of blank pages. Wasn't very hard.”
4 likes