Start by marking “Nanny Dearest” as Want to Read:
Nanny Dearest

Nanny Dearest

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  446 ratings  ·  68 reviews
This edition is no longer available.

Late for an important Hollywood event and stood up by his usual babysitter, Hunter Monroe hires a sitter sight unseen to watch his son. The last person he expects to find when he opens the door is a twenty-three year old man with long black hair, a gorgeous face, beautiful blue eyes and flawless skin.

Terry Rayburn isn’t sure what to make
ebook, 1st Edition, 117 pages
Published January 7th 2012 by SP Silver Publishing (first published January 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Nanny Dearest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nanny Dearest

Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDuty & Devotion by Tere MichaelsOne Small Thing by Piper VaughnWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best Gay Books Dealing With Children
84th out of 339 books — 517 voters
Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
196th out of 609 books — 1,439 voters

More lists with this book...

Barely 1.5 Stars...Foiled again by baby on the cover!!! DAMMIT

I don't even know where to start *sighs* This book was so disappointing.

So Hunter is a widower, his wife died tragically two months earlier and he needs a nanny for his little son Chase. Through his friend, Hunter hires Terry as a babysitter. Terry is a very competent and beautiful young man, and from the first moment baby Chase falls in love with Terry (view spoiler)
I really wanted to like this story. I love stories with kids especially m/m ones. However, this story was rushed from word one. It moved through time like water through a facet. It was horrible. There was no chemistry to speak of between the main characters. The whole Chase calling Terry Mama was creeping me out. I didn't believe in their relationship at all so the whole marriage thing I rolled my eyes at. After the last word was read I deleted this book from my kindle. I only gave it one star b ...more
This review might contain some spoilers

What I loved

* The sweetness of the story. It was truly adorable in some places. I especially enjoyed the interaction between the two men and the baby. I LOVED how the baby insisted in calling Terry mama.

* I liked Hunters career - I have been reading romance both m/f and then later m/m for years and not once have I come across someone working as a cosmetician. Let alone owning the biggest cosmetic company in America.

* I loved the supporting cast. Joel was
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
sounds offensive and just poor writing and editing... one of the guys looks like a girl and is called mama? why not just write MF then if you don't think two guys can raise a kid...
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Dec 02, 2011 ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) marked it as to-read
Oh, hells yeah, I love a book with babies!! Can't wait!
H.B. Pattskyn
I really wanted to love this book. I think I would have, if it had been fleshed out a little more, and if the dialogue were a little more natural sounding.

What I liked:

Chase. It is really tricky to write a convincing child (or at least, it's challenging to me). Yes, Chase is just a toddler, but he doesn't feel like a plot device. He's about the *only* thing that doesn't feel like a plot device (by which I mean, he feels like a natural, organic part of the story, not something the author threw i
Craig Sharp
This had a good story line with a lot of potential that fell short of it mark. The romance between the two main characters seemed rushed at best and not very believable. It’s not Shakespeare, but it’s not the worst I have read. I was entertained for a couple of hours so I would read another book by this author.
Veronica /  V
I really wanted to like this story, as I'm so in love with the cover, and that was the main reason I purchased this book.
It was nice, although, the story remind me of those Harlequin stories that I used to read many years ago. The rich guy falling for the Nanny, and in this case a male Nanny.
This book probably benefited from being the one I read directly after The Family We Make, seeing as I couldn’t handle anything at all serious for like a day after I finished that book. I dearly needed low-angst, pure-fluff, and this book certainly has all that.

Hunter is in desperate need of a nanny. His last one went and got (inconveniently) married, and somehow trying to run a business and trying to take care of a one-year-old, don’t seem to work all that well together. So when one of his frien
I think I have some masochistic tendencies. No, I know I have some because there's no other explanation for my finishing this book.

The mama Terry thing was not only creepy but just utterly stupid. I tried to understand that a baby seeing a guy with long hair could think him a girl. But does a baby think in such terms - this is a boy, and that is a girl? So every boy with short hair is daddy and every girl with long hair is mama? Duh?

And I really tried to find the baby Chase cute, but every time
I can't think of anything new to say about this book that hasn't already been said.

But I feel I have to mention my favorite WTH moment, (view spoiler)

Its a 1 star really but I'm pushing it up to 2 because Chase was a cutie, and if
Joyfully Reviewed
Running a successful business is hard work anywhere, especially so in Hollywood. One of the best cosmeticians in town, Hunter Monroe is busy with his company and being a full time single parent.

Years of partying and drinking with his ex Rebecca were great, but then their son Chase came along. Rebecca didn’t want to be tied down so Hunter assumed full custody which became a moot point after she died in an alcohol related car accident.

Chase’s nanny abruptly quits which leaves Hunter in the lurch.
Serena Yates
Leaving a child, especially a very young one like Chase in this story, with someone else must be one of the hardest things to do for a parent. Whether the carer is a nanny or a babysitter is just a difference of degrees of worry, I think. And when the deceased mother’s parents sue for custody on top of everything else, the situation comes close to a nightmare. That is what Hunter, a successful businessman, has to contend with when his current nanny gets married and he is up the creek, so to spea ...more
MsMiz (Tina)
I have no words to read LAs review: LA's review
Morgan  Skye
Hunter is a cosmetician and the owner of a famous cosmetics company. He is somehow involved with a woman and they have a lovely baby, Chase. Suddenly the mother is killed in a drunk driving incident, leaving Chase in Hunter’s hands.

Caught flat footed he asks a friend for help covering day care and is recommended Terry a male baby-sitter. Though a little uncomfortable with a male baby-sitter, even though Hunter himself is a gay cosmetician, he agrees to let Terry stay.

Chase falls in love and imme
Kaylee Shyanne
Hmm, well, it was okay. And unless I hate it, I don't like to rate under 3 stars. So here's how I feel...

(view spoiler)
Trisha Harrington
Okay, so this could have been a 4 or even 5 star read. I had some major issues though and I could not give it more than 3. In some ways my three has been rounded up because I like to be nice. Nanny Dearest starts off relatively well. A single father is looking for a nanny for his one year old son, Chase.

My first issue (view spoiler)
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

3 stars

I read Nanny Dearest a few years ago when it was released by a different publisher and while I wondered if there would be differences in the new edition I took on for review, I found it unchanged. I will admit that I was an M/M newbie when I first read it and now that I am more knowledgeable in the genre, I find that it is not the sweet story that I remembered. I was actually a bit disturbed when I read it this time around. There were multiple instances of Hunter us
3.5 stars. I have a bit of mixed feeling about it. I like pretty but oblivious to his beauty kind of men. So I love Terry. I like men with power and money. So I like Hunter. And I loooove nanny stories.
But I have an issue with this one's plot flowing. I like the story and the big picture of it, but there are not enough emotions, nothing I would want to call it love.

I donno, it would have been better if it took time and pages to develop the characters and the relationship.
Wow what an unrealistic mm story. I admit, the comic was written really good. And Chase what adorable. But all romantic emotions between Hunter and Terry just didn't fit. And the sex scene at the end, wow what a bad written work. It wasn't even romantic. And I wont start how low on the scale of hotness it was. For my taste at the bottom.
I'm glad I gave this book a try even after seeing some of the negative reviews that it was given. It's a sweet read with no drama so if your looking for something light and sweet it's good. I usually do not like stories dealing with babies but this one was an okay read. Father and son meets Terry and both fall in love with him and lives HEA.
This book was strange and had me scratching my head. In the first half of the book, it read as if both of the characters were straight, then suddenly they're both gay. I also felt like most of the plot points were added in randomly and then discarded just as quickly. The baby was cute, but certainly not enough to save this book.
Jan 20, 2012 Alina added it
It was a nice book and I mostly enjoyed reading it, but I do agree with some other readers, that the writing's kinda juvenile and the second part of the story do look like a Harlequin romance (not that I've read a lot of those, but still). I loved the sweetness, but there's still a lot of room for improvement :)
I read the reviews and the rating, thinking "it can't be that bad"... but it is!
Really bad, silly book, no substance.
The kid was 1 and half years, and acted like a 6 month baby.
Terry is stupid and annoying, and Hunter is a blah character.
The story could have been good, but it's just boring.
I was in the twilight zone. Suddenly at 48% of the book the 2 men become gay. WTH!,,,, the author did not bring her point across properly at all, and what's up with the grandparents. One meeting with the Nanny and they back off. Just too much for me.
Nanee Mcgee
I love this authors writing style, her books are sexy, sweet, loving and did I say sexy? Loved this book, loved Chase of course freakin cute. Hunter is sexy as hell, a great father and totally smitten with Terry. Terry I loved his quietness, a little shy, totally sexy and a great these two characters together, they fit perfectly, very sweet and sexy together. Loved the secondary characters as well. Joel and uncle Adam are great additions to this story. I enjoyed Conquering ...more
Jan 14, 2012 Esther rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Nobody
Perfect people live perfect lives and have perfect sex, the end.

That's it. That's the entire novel. That's all there is to it. You're free! You're free!
Could have been much better, but was simply too short. CliffsNotes comes to mind:)
The story was unrealistic and I couldn't connect with the characters.
I should have known better!!
  • A Family Found (Hamilton River, #1)
  • Daddy, Daddy and Me
  • Robert's VP
  • Cowboy Up (Blaecleah Brothers, #5)
  • A Nanny for Nate
  • Kelsey's Present
  • The Gallows Tree
  • The Manny
  • That One Thing (Alex and Jared - The College Years, #1)
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #1)
  • We Danced
  • By The Numbers (By the Numbers #1)
  • A Taste of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • Nico's Fire (Elements of Love, #2)
  • Fireman's Carry (Carry Me, #1)
  • Something for Santa
  • Two Silent Cries
  • Goodbye Phillip
Shawn Bailey hails from New Orleans, LA, where she works as a programmer and help desk administrator. Shawn loves mangas and anime. Her current hobbies are watching Japanese and Korean dramas, when she has the spare time. She’s also trying to learn to speak and read both Japanese and Korean. She’s also into Korean pop music and can often be found with her MP3 player attached to her head. Shawn is ...more
More about Shawn Bailey...
Cherish A Gentleman's Gentleman Mark Me Silence Geisha for Hire