Start by marking “Ties that Bind (Men of Honor, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ties that Bind (Men of Honor, #3)

Ties that Bind (Men of Honor #3)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  1,282 ratings  ·  117 reviews
Can two men let go of the past in order to find their future together?

Men of Honor, Book 3

When helo pilot Glen Rhodes flies Navy SEALs into the most dangerous places on earth, he has nerves of steel. Since his trusted Dom’s death three years ago, though, the thought of submitting makes him panic.

Determined to move on and long past ready to release the adrenaline rush from
Published November 29th 2011 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Ties that Bind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ties that Bind

Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance
I love this series, and despite this being a short it certainly met and exceeded my expectations.

Glen Rhodes stumbles upon a BDSM website at the age of 17, making him realise that what he wants/needs is to be a submissive, which he eventually finds through John, ex CIA, much older and an experienced Dom.

When John dies, Glen is at a loss both mentally and physically for years without a Dom, unable to trust anyone enough to let them in.........Until, one night when he returns to the Leather Club w
Gina
Ok i enjoyed this one, but honestly it was way to short for me to get emotionally invested. For me, BDSM stories (and short stories in general) need to pull me in emotionally, and this for me didn’t accomplish that. I liked Derek and Glen, but Glen had far to many issues for this short story. This would have been a much better read for me personally had it been longer and deeper into these two men.

The scene with Glen’s mother felt like it was added to prove what an ass his mother was. Came out o
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***2.75 Stars***

This was a quick, hot read that packed a lot of punch in under 80 pages. I would have enjoyed it more if it weren't for the "beautiful baby" and "daddy" talk. Just couldn't get on board with that.

Wave
Serena Yates
In another fascinating volume of the 'Men of Honor' series, S.E. Jakes tackles the theme of loss and second chances. Of course, it isn’t as easy as it sounds, as each of the two main characters has some very specific issues on top of the fact he has lost a loved partner. Personal preferences and needs come into play, as do their professions and "what friends and family might think". Combining all these elements and spinning them into a tale results in a psychologically interesting story that is ...more
Therese
This was kind of a nice in-between novella before the next. It fulfills all the series criteria (tough men, BDSM, emooootions…), but it definitely had a different feel from the last one (luckily, there was not enough room for all those emotional talks the other three guys had, but of course, there was also not enough room for that amount of hot sex!)

Very sympathetic characters, and for some reason, I kept getting Special Forces vibes (The series, not the military...Duh). (view spoiler)
Mtsnow13
Well, I had actually been hoping this would be 'TomCat's/Clint's' story, but since it was so short, I guess it was okay that it wasn't (there better be one coming up...)

This book added another BDSM club into the series, and another cast of characters, but was way too short of a story for me to feel any resolution or much connection to the characters. Oh, well.

I will hold out hope and buy the next one :)
Cory
I liked this, but I was left wanting more. I would have loved to have flashbacks to get more insight on Glen and Derek's previous relationships.

Everything that I read I enjoyed, I think I would have been more invested in the characters if it was longer. But overall, an enjoyable read. As always, the hotness factor was pretty great!
Tina

This one is a very personal story of two men meeting and growing together. It was way too short of a story for me to feel a connection to the characters.

Derek and Glen are hot together, yes, but I would have loved a longer story and a deeper connection between the MC's.
Bev

Another chapter in the Men of Honour series featuring two new hotties Glen and Derek (hotties are never called Derek!). This one was a little on the short side hence the 4 stars and

Glen is a helicopter pilot with the US Navy SEALS, and obviously flies dangerous missions to Afghanistan amongst other places, and the only way he can feel safe is by submitting completely. Unfortunately, John his much older Dom, died a few years ago, and Glen has had problems ever since with getting his feelings ba
JR
May 03, 2013 JR rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone, with mild BDSM
#3 in the Men of Honor series. I really loved this one. Have a soft spot for military, so it had me there, as did the others.
Glen is a pilot, constantly flying into to harms way. He's a sub who has lost his Dom and can't find the nerve to trust another. It leaves him needy and wound up. Derek is a Dom, who has lost his sub. He's looking but is very wary of finding another. This becomes the story of two who have lost. Two who need to find trust again. In the end, it's all about trust, who they
Richele ♥'s Dex & Sloane
I always forget how much I enjoy Glen and Derek’s story. Yet, every time I read it, it reels me in and leaves me wanting more. Glen and Derek are enjoyable and likeable characters and star in some undeniably hot sex scenes. I definitely wish their story was a bit longer and I wish the daddy kink was explored a bit more beyond the little tease we were given.
Ana_P

This was a fun, steamy, and fast read by S.E. Jakes. It had some elements of BDSM, such as spanking and bondage. Our MCs are Glen, a Navy pilot, and Derek, an ex-Marine.

Glen and Derek were likeable characters with painful pasts. Both of them lost their previous partners and were understandably weary of getting into relationships until they met each other. Entering a relationship for the first time in a long while for both characters created the right dash of angst that gave this novella
~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~
I didn't realize this was a shorty so it ended abruptly for me.

Glenn didn't want to submit to just anyone and there were certain things that just weren't for him and Derek was a little gunshy since his last sub had died. Luckily, they were both able to let their guards down and find a new path together without too much angst.
Lioness7
I absolutely loved this book as much as the previous ones in the series. I really felt for the characters. You have Glen, who lost his Dom years ago and has parents that basically say he is evil. Then you have Derek, who lost his sub. Derek’s main goal is to help Glen overcome his problems and in doing so create a relationship.

The thing is with the books in this series is that they are believable. I can see someone having trouble accepting themselves and relationships with the way Glen was rais
Amanda
4 stars

I enjoyed this but I wish the characters had been introduced beforehand like in the previous books and I wish it had been longer.
Gigi
Re-read in November 2013 to review for GoodReads. Review coming shortly. Added a star and favorites shelf.
Feliz
Nice enough, entertaining story, likable characters. Bit of bondage, and a bit Christmas-themed too.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
3 Heartwarming Stars~Short simple and sweet ...more
Shelley
Yes I read this entire series back to back...don't judge me m'kay. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Okay so I liked this one but it felt a bit...light compared to the other books in the series. I feel like it could have been a little longer and Derek and Glenn fleshed out a little more but even with that I still enjoyed the book.

I didn't connect with the MC's in this one the way I have with the MC's in the earlier books but I didn't dislike them either (still giving you the hairy eyeball
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Tell me why I've waited so long to move on with this series?! This book may be short (and not about who I woulda thought it was gonna be about..shows I didn't read the blurb!) but it packed a whole lot in.

I love love loved that both of these men had lost someone and were trying to find their way back to what they need.
Right from the minute Glen walks into the club do you feel the intense sexual tension between him & Derek. It made my heart flutter and made me tingly all over. Derek makes Gl
Jewel
I good novella. We don't really get to know the MC's, though, which is a drawback of the novella format. Neither Glen nor Derek are present in the other 2 books. Glen's connection is that he knows Clint (aka Tomcat), who was apparently a friend of John's and Clint talks to Glen every few weeks to make sure he is ok. So, other than Clint, we don't see any of the characters from the previous two books.

The BDSM is light (view spoiler)
Beck
This book took me by surprise. I was expecting the characters from the first 2 books to have more of a role in this one. Having said that, I fell in love with the set-up & the characters & thoroughly enjoyed reading about them. Because I am reading the entire series at once, I am starting to notice some repetition of phrases & scenes but it isn't often enough to cause annoyance. SE Jakes writes loves scenes with a rare skill that allows the reader to immerse themselves so thoroughly ...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Ties that Bind was very appropriately titled. There was definitely a little more bdsm to this contribution to the Men of Honor series. Glen loves to be tied. He is all about the bondage. For the most part that is as far as his kink goes. He enjoys have a dominant partner to keep him tied down. Sadly his Dom passed away and he hasn’t had any luck in finding a new one.
Derek is not exactly looking for a new sub. He has a very specific taste when it comes to his subs and he has discovered that it i
Beth is also on Leafmarks
Yes I admit I've read this series before. At least twice. Happily there were no glaring editing/proofing problems here.

Glen is a helo pilot in the Navy. Lives for the adrenaline rush. Needs the calm he finds while being tied up. Still grieving for the death of his Dom several years ago, he hasn't been able to find the right one to fill those needs.

Derek is Dom who lost his Sub in an accident after a fight. Guilt has held him back since.

While this book as well as the series contains BDSM and d
Chrystal
Their attraction was almost instant and it happened very fast, even the characters noted it. This wouldn't usually bother me but I spent last night reading reviews for various books and this is one of the things that bothered a number of people. I still enjoyed this book because S.E. Jakes satisfies a few of my m/m book wants.

Ties that Bind was a good read for me because gay military men mixed with BDSM elements are right up my alley. That aside the characters were loveable and the community th
OJ
So far this series, Men Of Honor, has been fantastic, a great ride with military/special ops/cops alpha types and as such Ties That Bind fits right in.

The MCs were well written and the story flowed very well, with Derek and Glen both having had previous intense relationships, of different sorts, and losing their respective partners. Glen being the younger of the two is more gun shy of the BDSM relationship he so desperately wants as he's been hurt by an overly violent dom once already and Derek
Alexis Woods
I've fallen hard for S.E. Jakes, and bought this book after barely reading the excerpt, so this ended up being a surprise holiday story for me.

The story takes place in the few months preceding Christmas, when 28 year old military pilot, Glen, feels it's finally time to start looking for a new Dom, but it won't be easy to replace a man he'd been with for five years, but has been dead for ten. Retired Marine and Dom, Derek, has had his own loss, sees Glen enter the club, and thinks he's found him
Erica
Very, very sweet and romantic m/m romance with BDSM in it. I have to admit that I don't particularly find male submissives very sexy or attractive since I am more into alpha males with a dominant streak; however, Glen was very, very sweet and he and Derek made a nice couple...albeit they sure did fall in love awfully quick. Pretty hot sex scenes and quite a few of them considering how short this book is. I would have liked to have seen it be longer. Very pleasant sexy read.
Susan65
I really liked Derek and Glen. They were both dealing with loss and had their own private demons. I tend to fall for the tortured souls and these two, especially Glen, were suffering. The BDSM was not too rough, as a matter of fact it was quite sweet and tame...just perfect for me.

I think this was my favorite of the series and can't wait for the next book.
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #1)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • Bound and Determined
  • Power Exchange (Power Exchange, #1)
  • A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3)
  • Sins of the Father (Angel and the Assassin, #3)
  • Deliver Us (Deliver Us, #1)
  • Screwing the System (Screwing the System, #1)
  • Fettered
  • Love on a Wing and a Prayer
  • Six Ways from Sunday (Southern Scrimmage #1)
  • Domination (Deviations, #2)
  • Shock & Awe (Sidewinder, #1)
SE Jakes writes m/m romance. She believes in happy endings and fighting for what you want.

You can contact her the following ways:

You can email her at authorsejakes@gmail.com

You can post to her Facebook page: Facebook.com/SEJakes

You can Twitter her: Twitter.com/authorsejakes

You can post on her Goodreads Group: Ask SE Jakes

You can follow her on Tumblr: http://sejakes.tumblr.com

You can ask her a ques
More about S.E. Jakes...

Men of Honor (6 books)
  • Bound by Honor (Men of Honor, #1)
  • Bound by Law (Men of Honor, #2)
  • Bound by Danger (Men of Honor, #4)
  • Bound for Keeps (Men of Honor, #5)
  • Bound to Break (Men of Honor, #6)
Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1) Bound by Honor (Men of Honor, #1) Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2) Bound by Law (Men of Honor, #2) Dirty Deeds (Dirty Deeds, #1)

“I think, in order to have or appreciate the very best, you have to go through the very worst. Living your life always looking to be on an even keel is safe, but it’s boring.” 5 likes