Start by marking “Forbidden (Otherworld Stories, #10.1)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden  (Otherworld Stories, #10.1)

Forbidden (Otherworld Stories #10.2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,401 ratings  ·  122 reviews
The team-spirit sign by the side of the highway seems a good omen to loner Morgan Walsh, as he drives to what could be the most important visit of his life — a chance to join the North American Pack. Then he wakes naked in the woods, surrounded by wolf tracks and a ring of suspicious cops. The situation only gets worse when he’s bailed out by Alpha-elect Elena Michaels and ...more
Hardcover, Trade Edition, 212 pages
Published December 31st 2012 by Subterranean Press

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden

Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B

Elena gets a call that Morgan, a werewolf who might be a potential new pack member, is in jail in a nearby town. Clay and Elena go to get him and are caught in the middle of a dangerous case. Bodies are being found with odd marks on them and Elena wants to stay and make sure that there’s nothing “mutt” related about the killings. Add to that a bad snowstorm, their tires being slashed and a small town that has a very strange vibe to it, Elena
Liv
Reading Forbidden was like going back home and meeting old friends. It brought back a lot of good memories and I loved it!!!

Despite the fact that this book was a novella, not a full-sized novel, its story, plot and pace were all done just right - it had mystery, it had fun, it had a teeny bit of romance, and it gave readers a chance to see more about the interactions and dynamics in Elena and Clay's relationship.

And talking about Elena and Clay, this book would be a great treat for long-time KA
Laurel
Dec 28, 2012 Laurel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Some werewolf stories go a bit overboard on the submission and the hierarchy of a pack. Often, it ends up bordering on sexual dominance to be titillating. I admit, I originally had issues with this series for that very reason. However, I have to eat crow. The pack mentality, at least in this instalment, seems to be more about respect for those who have earned their role, protection for fellow pack/family members, and as a way to deal with outside forces. This perspective allows the author to foc ...more
Kelley (Against GR Censorship)
Kelley Armstrong is an expert at the old adage to always leave your audience wanting more. I want MORE! Just when the pack is getting new members and Elena is on the cusp of becoming Alpha, the series ends. So frustrating!

I know the series is supposed to be about Savannah but, please, it's Elena all the way. For me, Bitten and Frostbitten are my favorite books and her transformation throughout the series has been way more interesting and satisfying than Savannah. Don't get me wrong, I like Sava
For all of us long time Kelley Armstrong fans we remember first meeting Morgan Walsh in Frostbitten. The book ended with Walsh stating that after a year with his own pack he would head down to Syracuse "for a few beers" with the North American pack.

After being a wolf for so long Walsh underestimates the amount of times he need to shift back into wolf form to keep the changing under control. He shifts back into wolf form in a public area and after hitting his head in a boulder and passing out, he
4.5/5 stars

I am a huge Women of The Otherworld fan. So I am always thrilled to get to revisit my favorite characters, especially now that the series has ended.

In Forbidden we get a lot of Clay and Elena. The e-novella (although it's 200+ pages) is narrated by Elena (first person). But there are also bits narrated 3rd person by others (mostly Morgan Walsh who we met in Frostbitten).

Morgan has arrived from Alaska and is heading to see Jeremy/Elena/Clay. But he is forced to stay in a little town no
Issa
The story on this was a bit thin and unbelievable, especially the end. And the fast Elena and Clay let so much get in their way. There were loose ends with characters that were never explained and I think I'm just getting a little tired of the characters. Not bad, I'm glad I had a chance to read it but probably won't pick up another Elena story that doesn't feature more of the other characters.
Elisa
So good! I only give it four stars cause it is too darn short and because it is only supposed to be a novella, things are glossed over a little.
I love Elena and Clay. They end up in a little town with disappearing drifters. Killer werewolf on the loose? You gotta read it to find out.
Angie
Morgan is on his way to New York to take a look at the North American Pack. He met Clay and Elena when they were in Alaska. He stops at a diner for dinner and starts to feel woozy so he thinks he needs to change. He takes off into the woods and changes into a werewolf. Unfortunately he still doesn't feel well and he is found the next morning lying naked in the snow. Of course he is hauled off to jail and Clay and Elena are called in to rescue him. Once they get there things get even stranger. Th ...more
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Entertaining story featuring Elena and Clay. I enjoyed this and the mystery. It was something a bit unexpected! I know this series is over now with Thirteen, but I wonder if KA will continue to write the occasional story with our favorite characters......
Jessica (Rabid Reads)
Hmmm . . . not my favorite.

Morgan, the werewolf Clay and Elena discovered living among a real wolf pack in Alaska, got sidelined in a podunk town on his way to check out Stonehaven.

They make the drive to pick him up, only to get dragged into investigating what appears to be a couple of murders by ritual sacrifice.

Not very believable, and kind of ridiculous. That is all.
Ayana
Nov 20, 2013 Ayana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women of Otherworld and Elena-and-Clay fans
Awesome awesome read for 2013 read opener! YAYY!! I got to read about Elena and Clay again! YEEHAAAA!:DD Thank you thank you Miss Armstrong! :) This book focuses more on Morgan, Elena and Clay. How's their life after "Hidden" , Morgan's decision whether or not to join the pack, and Elena's progress becoming Alpha of the pack. Recommended to all fans of Elena and Otherworld series!
Donna
The solid small-town mystery plot would probably work even for those who haven't read the rest of the Otherworld series. Lately I've hit a run of draggy novels, so it was a pleasure to spend time with something that had such clear, smooth prose.

The artwork wasn't to my taste, and I especially didn't like that images appeared before the scenes they were portraying.
Louisa
Oh, great novella, of Morgan's end of his journey to have a meet with the Pack, though things go arwy just when he got close, and yeah, great to see everyone, and the end has the Karl and Hope going to announce something (the pregnancy) and yeah, really great mystery on who was doing the bad things!
Melanie
Great story with Clay and Elena (though pretty much any story with Clay and Elena is a win in my book). Even if you haven't read the Women of the Otherworld series (you really should start), you will totally get this story. It is fine as a standalone.
Marie
Kelley Armstrong writes a lot of novellas for her characters, which is fun when you want just a little bit more. but for me, I suppose, I'm getting a little tired of Elena and Clay. Not that I don't still love the series, but out of all the couples they are my least favorite. As well, I purchased the printed version of this book because I want them all for my collection, and I found the artwork to be a bit jarring at times. Done entirely in black, white and deep red, it makes it dramatic looking ...more
Cheryl
So this wasn't quite a 4, but I'll bump it up because it was Elena and Clay. You have to hand it to KA for keeping such a real relationship going past the point relationships go in most fiction. Who wants to see the ever after? Just give me the happy.

She does it very well though. Clay and Elena have the kids, the every day worries of being parents, mixed in with all the werewolf politics and supernatural responsibilities. Oh, and they are still so perfect together. I love how they tease each oth
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
I really need to start paying attention to book labels. I seen a new novella coming out and I just thought it was after the 13th book. Well its not. lol Its 10.1. So I was a little disappointed but it was really my own fault. One of the best things I love about Kelley's novellas is that they are long .They aren't really short where you barely get a story out of them. This novella was 200+ pages of awesome!

In this novella we get to see how Morgan joins the pack. He is driving there unannounced an
Larou
Jan 28, 2013 Larou added it
Even after her Women of the Otherwold series has officially come to an end with 13, Kelley Armstrong does not seem to have given up on the series.

Forbidden is sold as a novella, but it is long enough that it could have passed as a short novel back when that did not mean 300+ pages minimum – one could even imagine it (with the addition of some sub-plot and maybe a sex scene or two thrown in) as a full-length addition to the series. Like her previous novella, Hidden, it is about and mostly told fr
Sandy
FORBIDDEN (Otherworld #10.1 ) by Kelley Armstrong

ABOUT THE BOOK: The team-spirit sign by the side of the highway seems a good omen to loner Morgan Walsh, as he drives to what could be the most important visit of his life — a chance to join the North American Pack. Then he wakes naked in the woods, surrounded by wolf tracks and a ring of suspicious cops. The situation only gets worse when he’s bailed out by Alpha-elect Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers, her terrifying enforcer and mate.

Disappoin
Darcy
I was really looking forward to this book because of many reasons. First with Thirteen, the author brought this series to an end, something I hated because it was one of my favorites. The second is that Elena and Clay are my favorites in the series. Then when I learned that Morgan, the guy living as a wolf from Frostbitten, I couldn't wait to read this one. I liked Morgan, thought he picked an usual way of dealing with being a werewolf and hoped that he would explore joining the pack.

It would fi
Nancy O'Toole
Twenty-something Morgan Walsh has made the decision to join the North American Pack. But when a pit stop in a small town famous for their “werewolf” football team goes horribly wrong, it's real werewolves Elena and Clay that must come to his rescue. Then a body is found in the woods. Elena realizes that not all is quite right in Westwood, New York, and the reason behind the death very well might be supernatural.

Forbidden is Kelley Armstrong's yearly novella put out by Subterranean Press. Like la
Jenevieve
Check out this and all my reviews on My Blog

A new story set in her Otherworld series featuring Elena and Clay. Morgan has decided to take Elena and Clay up on the offer they made when they were in Alaska and come down to check out the Pack. Unfortunately, when he makes a pit stop in a small town, he gets more than just dinner. When he is found naked out in the woods and picked up by the local police, they search his things and find Elena's name and number. When she gets the call, she and Clay go
Joti
Brin
Forbidden is a novella set in the same world as her Women of the Otherworld series. It is mainly told from the point of view of Elena Michaels, the original narrator of the series, and one of my personal favourites (along with Eve).

Elena, who is preparing to step into the position of alpha, and her mate Clayton Danvers, have to travel to a nearby town to come to the aid of Morgan Walsh, a young werewolf first introduced in Frostbitten. He has been thrown in jail after being found, post-shift, n
MissM
Solid story with Elena and Clay as the main characters with side character, Morgan making a re-appearance from a previous "Otherworld" novel.

Coming in around 260 pages, it's a decent length and feels like a fully flushed-out story rather than a short story. It's nice to have a chance to read additional stories in the "Otherworld" world since I have enjoyed them greatly. Despite the main series being complete, these additional novella-length stories are a really nice bonus.

At $5.99/ebook it wasn'
Erin
I am a huge fan of Kelley Armstrong! I don't want to get all "Misery" here but I am so her biggest fan. Her first novel, Bitten, is one of my favorite novels and her characters, in particular Elena and Clay, are high on my favorite fictional characters list. I could gush for days.
Fans of Armstrong will find the usual wit, fast paced plot, and well developed characters that mark her work in Forbidden. Forbidden is a novella and, as such, is not as developed as her novels. It is like an Otherworld
Kat Klein
Short Novella reintroducing Morgan Walsh, the werewolf we met in Alaska, from Frostbitten.

His experiment is over and he's heading to Syracuse to visit the pack wolves. When he stops in to grab a bite to eat on the way however, he runs into some trouble.

This is a mystery featuring Clay and Elana, with several brief moments focusing on them as parents, as the Alpha Elect and Pack Enforcer, and as they look for new members of the pack

All in all, it was a pretty great installment to the Otherworld
Sandi Potterton
Great little Clay and Elena story!

Great little Clay and Elena story!

Out of all of the Otherworld characters, I like Clay and Elena the best, maybe because they were the first we meet in Bitten. So am always happy to read about them. This is a nice side story, good timing, good storyline, great action. A must if you are already a fan!
Bexs ~Fallen Arrow lover~
Loved it! Only thing that bothered me was that it ended so abruptly. I'd have loved to see how they all greeted Morgan, what they thought of him, and more importantly if he was accepted into the Pack. It would've been such a funny gathering, especially if Hope and Karl would've joined as well, lol!

Also, it made me realize that there are so many more stories that Kelley could tell! I can't help but feel that she somehow ended this series prematurely. I understand that she had to conclude the stor
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.2)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 (Otherworld Stories, #8.1; The Chronicles of the Black Company 0.3)
  • Originally Human (World of Lupi, #1.5)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Red Velvet and Absinthe
  • Shadowland (Cassandra Palmer, #4.2)
  • Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2)
  • The Hollows Insider (The Hollows, #9.5)
  • By Blood We Live
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)
  • The Bitten Word
  • Shadow Bound (Unbound, #2)

More about Kelley Armstrong...
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)