Start by marking “Forbidden (Otherworld Stories, #10.2)” as Want to Read:
Forbidden  (Otherworld Stories, #10.2)

Forbidden (Otherworld Stories #10.2)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  2,208 Ratings  ·  149 Reviews
The team-spirit sign by the side of the highway seems a good omen to loner Morgan Walsh, as he drives to what could be the most important visit of his life — a chance to join the North American Pack. Then he wakes naked in the woods, surrounded by wolf tracks and a ring of suspicious cops. The situation only gets worse when he’s bailed out by Alpha-elect Elena Michaels and ...more
Hardcover, Trade Edition, 212 pages
Published December 31st 2012 by Subterranean Press

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden

Jess
Jun 28, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B

Elena gets a call that Morgan, a werewolf who might be a potential new pack member, is in jail in a nearby town. Clay and Elena go to get him and are caught in the middle of a dangerous case. Bodies are being found with odd marks on them and Elena wants to stay and make sure that there’s nothing “mutt” related about the killings. Add to that a bad snowstorm, their tires being slashed and a small town that has a very strange vibe to it, Elena
Laurel
Dec 27, 2012 Laurel rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Some werewolf stories go a bit overboard on the submission and the hierarchy of a pack. Often, it ends up bordering on sexual dominance to be titillating. I admit, I originally had issues with this series for that very reason. However, I have to eat crow. The pack mentality, at least in this instalment, seems to be more about respect for those who have earned their role, protection for fellow pack/family members, and as a way to deal with outside forces. This perspective allows the author to foc ...more
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
Hmmm . . . not my favorite.

Morgan, the werewolf Clay and Elena discovered living among a real wolf pack in Alaska, got sidelined in a podunk town on his way to check out Stonehaven.

They make the drive to pick him up, only to get dragged into investigating what appears to be a couple of murders by ritual sacrifice.

Not very believable, and kind of ridiculous. That is all.
Steph
This novella takes place prior to Elena becoming Alpha and their trip into the snowy woods helped her work through some of the worries she has as to how the change will affect her life.

Read as a part of Otherworld Secrets ~ ✮✮✮
Liv
Apr 09, 2013 Liv rated it really liked it
Reading Forbidden was like going back home and meeting old friends. It brought back a lot of good memories and I loved it!!!

Despite the fact that this book was a novella, not a full-sized novel, its story, plot and pace were all done just right - it had mystery, it had fun, it had a teeny bit of romance, and it gave readers a chance to see more about the interactions and dynamics in Elena and Clay's relationship.

And talking about Elena and Clay, this book would be a great treat for long-time KA
Kelley
Jan 31, 2012 Kelley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Kelley Armstrong is an expert at the old adage to always leave your audience wanting more. I want MORE! Just when the pack is getting new members and Elena is on the cusp of becoming Alpha, the series ends. So frustrating!

I know the series is supposed to be about Savannah but, please, it's Elena all the way. For me, Bitten and Frostbitten are my favorite books and her transformation throughout the series has been way more interesting and satisfying than Savannah. Don't get me wrong, I like Sava
Jan 26, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
For all of us long time Kelley Armstrong fans we remember first meeting Morgan Walsh in Frostbitten. The book ended with Walsh stating that after a year with his own pack he would head down to Syracuse "for a few beers" with the North American pack.

After being a wolf for so long Walsh underestimates the amount of times he need to shift back into wolf form to keep the changing under control. He shifts back into wolf form in a public area and after hitting his head in a boulder and passing out, he
Mar 31, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars

I am a huge Women of The Otherworld fan. So I am always thrilled to get to revisit my favorite characters, especially now that the series has ended.

In Forbidden we get a lot of Clay and Elena. The e-novella (although it's 200+ pages) is narrated by Elena (first person). But there are also bits narrated 3rd person by others (mostly Morgan Walsh who we met in Frostbitten).

Morgan has arrived from Alaska and is heading to see Jeremy/Elena/Clay. But he is forced to stay in a little town no
Tasula
Jan 09, 2015 Tasula rated it liked it
In this novella, a werewolf from Alaska, who has lived in isolation from community (except for 2 years spent living as a wolf with a wolf pack), heads towards American pack territory to spend some time with Elena, Jeremy and Clay to see if he wants to join their pack. On the way there, he winds up unconscious in the woods surrounded by paw prints. The local sheriff calls the number she finds on his phone- Elena- so she and Clay head to the small town of Westwood to pick him up. It's a quick, fun ...more
Issa
The story on this was a bit thin and unbelievable, especially the end. And the fast Elena and Clay let so much get in their way. There were loose ends with characters that were never explained and I think I'm just getting a little tired of the characters. Not bad, I'm glad I had a chance to read it but probably won't pick up another Elena story that doesn't feature more of the other characters.
May 21, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well Told story in genuine format.

This novel containers all the things needed for a well told story. It catches you in the very beginning, develops a good plot, has interesting twists and turns and has a good and bright ending. Anyone who enjoys werewolf novels, or who is familiar with Kelley Armstrong's works will definitely enjoy this read. It is well worth the enjoyment t to read this work.
Louisa
Mar 10, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, great novella, of Morgan's end of his journey to have a meet with the Pack, though things go arwy just when he got close, and yeah, great to see everyone, and the end has the Karl and Hope going to announce something (the pregnancy) and yeah, really great mystery on who was doing the bad things!
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Apr 15, 2012 Rachel- Goodbye Borders rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
Entertaining story featuring Elena and Clay. I enjoyed this and the mystery. It was something a bit unexpected! I know this series is over now with Thirteen, but I wonder if KA will continue to write the occasional story with our favorite characters......
Donna
Jul 08, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
The solid small-town mystery plot would probably work even for those who haven't read the rest of the Otherworld series. Lately I've hit a run of draggy novels, so it was a pleasure to spend time with something that had such clear, smooth prose.

The artwork wasn't to my taste, and I especially didn't like that images appeared before the scenes they were portraying.
Ayana
Dec 15, 2012 Ayana rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Women of Otherworld and Elena-and-Clay fans
Awesome awesome read for 2013 read opener! YAYY!! I got to read about Elena and Clay again! YEEHAAAA!:DD Thank you thank you Miss Armstrong! :) This book focuses more on Morgan, Elena and Clay. How's their life after "Hidden" , Morgan's decision whether or not to join the pack, and Elena's progress becoming Alpha of the pack. Recommended to all fans of Elena and Otherworld series!
Melanie
Sep 14, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: z-2013, 4-stars, uf
Great story with Clay and Elena (though pretty much any story with Clay and Elena is a win in my book). Even if you haven't read the Women of the Otherworld series (you really should start), you will totally get this story. It is fine as a standalone.
Elisa
Oct 13, 2014 Elisa rated it really liked it
So good! I only give it four stars cause it is too darn short and because it is only supposed to be a novella, things are glossed over a little.
I love Elena and Clay. They end up in a little town with disappearing drifters. Killer werewolf on the loose? You gotta read it to find out.
Elizabeth
Dec 09, 2016 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy a journey with Clay and Elena. This time they must help a fellow werewolf trapped in a strange town with mysterious deaths.
Elizabeth Keddie
May 09, 2017 Elizabeth Keddie rated it it was amazing
Starts simple enough, but it will put any parent through an emotional wringer!
Nona
Mar 18, 2017 Nona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always a 4

Kelley Armstrong is such a solid go-to author that it's possibly boring. See her name- buy the book. Kelley has over a gazillion stories & series out and they are all top notch. This is part of an early but long lived series.
If you like werewolves and magic and complex relationships, then give it a spin.
If you like hard boiled mystery and complex relationships, KA has a series or three for that.
If you like an author that never fails to deliver, just pick up anything. She's that go
Joti
Apr 01, 2012 Joti rated it it was amazing
Ella
Nov 29, 2015 Ella rated it liked it
I’ve read most of the women of the other world books with mixed feelings about them. This one looked interesting, short and sweet. Morgan is intriguing and I wish we’d spent more time in his head, like Jeremy in the testosterone and OTT macho society of werewolves he is an oddity namely in that he is non-combatant, I also loved that he was mentally calling out the pack for their elitism when it came to all non-pack werewolves especially the assumption that they’re all serial killers or stupid br ...more
Sandy S
Jan 04, 2013 Sandy S rated it really liked it
FORBIDDEN (Otherworld #10.1 ) by Kelley Armstrong

ABOUT THE BOOK: The team-spirit sign by the side of the highway seems a good omen to loner Morgan Walsh, as he drives to what could be the most important visit of his life — a chance to join the North American Pack. Then he wakes naked in the woods, surrounded by wolf tracks and a ring of suspicious cops. The situation only gets worse when he’s bailed out by Alpha-elect Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers, her terrifying enforcer and mate.

Disappoin
Tiffani
Forbidden is a novella in Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld Series. Chronologically the story takes place sometime after Elena and Clay's trip to Alaska as told in Frostbitten.

During their time in Alaska Elena and Clay met a werewolf named Morgan who was experimenting with living full time as wolf and running with a real pack of wolves. Now that I think about it, he sort of reminds me of Elena in the first book of the series when she was trying to live her life exclusively as a human.
chucklesthescot
Apr 17, 2015 chucklesthescot rated it really liked it
This is one of those gorgeous (but pricey) hardback novellas about the continued adventures of the wolf pack from the Women of the Otherworld series. I LOVE the wolves! They got me reading the series and I am still addicted to more of their adventures even with the series finished. This book slots in, as the number suggests, after book 10 in the series.

This is Morgan's story. He has decided to visit Stonehaven to hang out with the Pack and see if joining would be right for him. His decision to s
Nancy O'Toole
Dec 27, 2011 Nancy O'Toole rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, novella
Twenty-something Morgan Walsh has made the decision to join the North American Pack. But when a pit stop in a small town famous for their “werewolf” football team goes horribly wrong, it's real werewolves Elena and Clay that must come to his rescue. Then a body is found in the woods. Elena realizes that not all is quite right in Westwood, New York, and the reason behind the death very well might be supernatural.

Forbidden is Kelley Armstrong's yearly novella put out by Subterranean Press. Like la
Larou
Dec 31, 2012 Larou added it
Even after her Women of the Otherwold series has officially come to an end with 13, Kelley Armstrong does not seem to have given up on the series.

Forbidden is sold as a novella, but it is long enough that it could have passed as a short novel back when that did not mean 300+ pages minimum – one could even imagine it (with the addition of some sub-plot and maybe a sex scene or two thrown in) as a full-length addition to the series. Like her previous novella, Hidden, it is about and mostly told fr
Brin
Forbidden is a novella set in the same world as her Women of the Otherworld series. It is mainly told from the point of view of Elena Michaels, the original narrator of the series, and one of my personal favourites (along with Eve).

Elena, who is preparing to step into the position of alpha, and her mate Clayton Danvers, have to travel to a nearby town to come to the aid of Morgan Walsh, a young werewolf first introduced in Frostbitten. He has been thrown in jail after being found, post-shift, n
Lola
I won this book in a giveaway! Normally I don't read a lot of Kelley Armstrong her Subterranean Press novella's as they are quite pricey, even though I would love to read them all. So I was really excited to have won this.

Forbidden deals with a small town mystery when Elena and Clay get a phone call from the local policy department in a town because Morgan, a werewolf, has been found naked in the woods. When they arrive, they realize there's more going on and they stay a bit longer to figure out
Darcy
Jul 16, 2012 Darcy rated it really liked it
I was really looking forward to this book because of many reasons. First with Thirteen, the author brought this series to an end, something I hated because it was one of my favorites. The second is that Elena and Clay are my favorites in the series. Then when I learned that Morgan, the guy living as a wolf from Frostbitten, I couldn't wait to read this one. I liked Morgan, thought he picked an usual way of dealing with being a werewolf and hoped that he would explore joining the pack.

It would fi
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead (Otherworld Stories #10.1)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Red Velvet and Absinthe
  • Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2)
  • By Blood We Live
  • Alpha and Omega: Cry Wolf Volume 2
  • Caught Forever Between (Hoodoo, #2.5)
  • Death Magic (World of the Lupi, #8)
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Baba Yaga's Daughter & Other Tales of the Old Races
  • Like Part of the Family
  • Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5)
  • The Bitten Word
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)
  • The Gauntlet (Cassandra Palmer #0.5)

More about Kelley Armstrong...

Otherworld Stories (6 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #1)
  • Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #2)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)
  • Branded