Start by marking “The Best Thing About You Is You!” as Want to Read:
The Best Thing About You Is You!

The Best Thing About You Is You!

Gems of down-to-earth wisdom for upgrading your life and finding inner bliss and tranquility...

Bollywood superstar Anupam Kher plays a new role altogether: Using examples from his own life and experiences, he subtly motivates and inspires you by providing a handy guide to discovering your real self and finding peace of mind and contentment in today s chaotic times! He feel
Published 2011 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about The Best Thing About You Is You!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Thing About You Is You!

Neha
Oct 01, 2012 Neha rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who are fond of reading self-help books and articles
In the initial phase of reading this book, i was rating it a 2-star. Reason being that i found it bit repetitive in its messages. Repetitive as in, it seemed to consist of the usual stuff that most self-help books intend to teach their readers. Also, i was finding its vocabulary little too tough to understand without a dictionary. So much so that i had even shut the book and kept it aside with the thought 'some other time..'
But when after some time, i started reading it again afresh, by the time
Gopal (The Minion)
May 03, 2012 Gopal (The Minion) rated it really liked it
Quotable Quotes: "Bheega Hua Aadmi Baarish Se Nahin Darta"
"Comparison Begets Regrets"
"It is not enough to succeed; others must fail"
"Most of us are driven by sadistic instincts"

Anupam Kher's new book teaches valuable life lessons. It tells nothing new than the things that we already know but are not ready to either understand or acknowledge. The books is divided into multiple chapters; each dealing with a small facet of life.

Kher does not try to be preachy but he rather breaks down the more imp
Book Review India
Aug 19, 2014 Book Review India rated it liked it
Book Review India Verdict:

Review: "Anything could happen"

Bracketed in 50 chapters, it's an amalgamation of the noteworthy incidents of the actor's life and traditional Indian and foreign stories.
The initial chapters are an attempt to make the readers understand the root of the problem. Topics such as 'We Are All Unhappy', 'The Anger Syndrome', 'Discontent Is a Disease', and 'Comparison Begets Regret' present the examples from all over the world to make the case stronger that no human can live
Amit Dhir
Feb 04, 2013 Amit Dhir rated it it was ok
Had heard a lot about this book but disaapointed at last. I guess ,uch hype has been given to anupams book because he is a movie star. Didnt like his writing style. Agree that he has accumulated a lot of experience over the years being through ups and downs however good writing skills seems still a far cry. The only few good things i found was some great quotes from famous people he used. Otherwise nothing new or refreshing in the book that i found.
Amit Kumar
Jan 02, 2012 Amit Kumar rated it really liked it
Excellent book and must read. There is nothing new that is been told in this book other than what has been told in Dale Carnegie or Shiv Khera.. the way it has been written with humbleness adds charm to it. It doesn't promise of any miraculous change in you, but makes you prepare for the journey of life and the need of accepting changes in life with grace and patience :)
Rajat Puri
Oct 08, 2016 Rajat Puri rated it liked it
Very interesting book. Very well written.
Nishant Bhagat
Jan 28, 2014 Nishant Bhagat rated it liked it
I have been following Mr. Anupam Kher on Twitter since a year and he had tweeted a lot about this book of his as well as his play, Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai. I could not see the play so thought lets pick up the book and see what he has to say. I have immense respect for Mr. Kher as an actor but after reading this book the respect has gone up notches as it reflects his growth as a person who is understanding life.

The book has 50 nuggets which have been shared in a very simple and a non preachy manner
Komal
Mar 29, 2014 Komal rated it really liked it
At first it seems like a run-of-the-mill self help books, but as you read along it seems to find a connect. The various examples and personal experiences shared by Mr. Kher makes it easy to reflect upon each of the words and understand the deeper meaning. One book that one needs to keep on the bedside table to refer every time one feels sad or unhappy. It promises to make you see things in brighter light and feel happy about your situation, your accomplishments , your failures and more than ...more
Akhil teja
Jan 29, 2015 Akhil teja rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
It's great. Nothing new but it's great.
Well written,analyzed the human life by an experienced man.
To be frank I got starting blues before starting to read. But, the way he touched every chord that needs to be touched in a self-help book is amazing.

Indian authors always good in choosing the examples while explaining something. Anupam proved it again.

Quick page Turner and simple vocabulary.

Kapil
Jan 31, 2015 Kapil rated it it was ok
"Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai" - Mr.Kher's superb performance play. If you've seen it you better be impressed with the man's attitude to life. When he released this book I bought it and was hoping to read some of his life lessons. Sadly not very impressive. He attempts a Robin Sharma style writing but I really couldn't capture the power. Hopefully others have been impressed.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Nov 27, 2012 Aruna Kumar Gadepalli rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian-writers
This is definitely an interesting and quick read. Though lots of stuff we know, at times I wonder why we don't care the things that we are aware of. Lots of anecdotes/incidents and stories from all over the world. I enjoyed reading the story "The Happy man wears no shirt", though most of us know this story.
Mansi Kashyap
Mar 26, 2013 Mansi Kashyap rated it really liked it
I won't categorize it as a self help book. It does not talk about the wonderland and the life in there. It talks about reality...it talks about today...it talks about success, failures, relationships, hope... binded with some beautiful quotes. There isn't anything you don't know...but sometimes u need to listen it from someone else....I very much liked this book! short and effective!
Alka
May 13, 2012 Alka rated it liked it
I find it difficult to read through self-help books unless they are written creatively. Most thoughts expressed in this book are so well known that another round of reiteration is burdensome. But the good part is that the book appears completely honest and uses simple language.
Tanuj
Oct 28, 2015 Tanuj rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Never thought he could write this that good

has talked a lot about how to lead or life

do not agree with all

its more kind of a book one should read on a regular basis to remind one about the principles
Shami
Oct 08, 2012 Shami rated it liked it
I can't say I learned something that I didn't already know. However, I appreciate the honesty by which Anupum Kher describes his ups and downs in life. It can't be easy and I don't think you can chalk it all up to entrepreneurship.
Sultana Alawadhi
Mar 13, 2013 Sultana Alawadhi rated it liked it
The book was in general ok. he talks about lessons he learned from his life with some great quotation and stories. As a reader for lots of self development and positive thinking books I found nothing new.
Suriya Gayathri
Jul 22, 2014 Suriya Gayathri rated it really liked it
Anupam Kher opens up fifty inspirational pieces of personal experiences and examples for self-discovery. The book guides us to see things positively and discover happiness in ourselves. His writing is simple, easy to follow and has a touch of charm.
Mohit Daga
May 27, 2014 Mohit Daga rated it it was amazing
very refreshing self help book, some new things to learn in every chapter of the book.
splendid piece of work and with vivid description of the incidence cited.
Smitesh
Sep 02, 2014 Smitesh rated it it was amazing
One of the best Books guiding in practical way. It's not mere a preaching but sharing of own experience
Aakriti Vig
May 17, 2014 Aakriti Vig rated it really liked it
A very good book to motivate yourself through those low times. A book to actually understand how to take everything in life and how to react. loved it !
Jyothi Nair
Feb 18, 2013 Jyothi Nair rated it really liked it
It is an inspiring book. It had topics that are very close to my heart! Things that I have learnt the hard way in life too, just like many others, explained in too wonderful a language!
Gaurav Prabhu
Nov 23, 2014 Gaurav Prabhu rated it it was amazing
A gem. Simple chapters full of priceless wisdom. The writing is top notch. A must read for everyone.
Rina
Rina rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2012
Supreeth Salian
Supreeth Salian rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Neerja Joshi
Neerja Joshi rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2016
Prachiti Talathi
Prachiti Talathi rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Dhruvil Pandya
Dhruvil Pandya rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2013
Vishal B
Vishal B rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Shashi Jagirdar
Shashi Jagirdar rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Reena
Reena rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2015
  • Toward a New Psychology of Women
  • The Goddess in India: The Five Faces of the Eternal Feminine
  • Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down
  • The Shadow Throne