Start by marking “Murder at the Manor: An Agatha Christie Lost Classics Omnibus” as Want to Read:
Murder at the Manor: An Agatha Christie Lost Classics Omnibus

Murder at the Manor: An Agatha Christie Lost Classics Omnibus

This exclusive 2-in-1 large print edition contains both mind-bending bafflers that represent the inimitible Queen of Mystery at the top of her splendid game. Published in 1949, "Crooked House" takes place at Three Gables, the home of the indecently wealthy and recently deceased Aristides Leonides and his extended family. In love with Aristides' granddaughter Sophia, Charle ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Agatha Christie Limited (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Murder at the Manor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at the Manor

Carol.
Jan 20, 2013 Carol. rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Christie fans
Shelves: my-library, mystery
Three Agatha Christies collected in one thick tome that span almost thirty years. Per the jacket, Christie herself said, "Of my detective books, I think the two that satisfy me best are Crooked House and Ordeal by Innocence."

I reviewed them separately to avoid a novella length review.

"The Seven Dials Mystery." (1929) Review at http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
"Ordeal By Innocence." (1958) Review at http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
"Crooked House." (1949) Review at http://www.goodr
Sara
Jul 22, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it
This isn't quite the book I read----mine wasn't large print and contained 3 Agatha Christie books but this is the only one goodreads shows. At any rate, it's been a very long time since I read a Christie and I thoroughly enjoyed these 3. All 3 deal with a limited possibility of suspects yet I never suspected the right guy in the first one, and knew fairly late in the stories the 2nd and 3rd ones.
Colleen
Sep 25, 2013 Colleen rated it it was amazing
Some of the best twists in these two stories!
Wendi Ballew
Mar 03, 2016 Wendi Ballew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Seven Dials Mystery: 8/10 Stars. I loved the secret society aspect and all the twists and never knowing who did it. I was genuinely surprised by the ending.

Crooked House: 7/10 Stars. A good ending, I didn't at all guess who the killer was, but it droned on a little.

Ordeal by Innocence: 7.5/10 Stars. The first Christie novel that I figured out who the killer was. Interesting story, definitely keeps you guessing as to who did it.
Marcie
Jul 05, 2015 Marcie rated it really liked it
Another fantastic who-done-it by the master herself. Agatha Christie delivers all the elements of the classic mystery that made her books great. A must read for any Christie fan. In the foreward she admits this was one of her personal favorites. I can see why!
Mary Tonks
Oct 06, 2015 Mary Tonks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished The Seven Dials Mystery. Lots of suspense and red herrings, and I was fooled! Very good reading!
Amanda Johnson
Aug 10, 2007 Amanda Johnson rated it liked it
I have never read Agatha Christie before. Picked this one up at a used book store, and can see why she's a likeable read. Will give her more chances to impress whenever I'm looking for something light. Also, love Miss Marple pbs series- another reason I thought I'd pick up one of her books. Fun dialogue, good twists, solveable crimes...all together worthwhile.
Luce Cronin
Mar 19, 2016 Luce Cronin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great anthology for any Christie fan!
Alan
May 18, 2013 Alan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: box-3
Two out of three ain't bad. Three Christie books in one isn't a bad deal. I will review these novels separately, but quickly, Crooked House is decent, very well liked by most, but not a personal favorite; Ordeal by Innocence is very solid, but Seven Dials is on my list of "least favorite Christie stories".
Heather
Mar 02, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
I just love Agatha Christie!
Emily
Jul 21, 2015 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-lit
I wasn't interested in the first story at all. the second story was my absolute favorite and hooked me back in. the third story was okay, but not as compelling as the one before.
Evelyn
Sep 29, 2010 Evelyn marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
1 - Crooked House
2 - Ordeal by Innocence
3 - The Seven Dials Mystery
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Rayjan Koehler
Rayjan Koehler marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Ridge Briel
Ridge Briel marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Dora Vivian
Dora Vivian marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Roseanne Harder
Roseanne Harder rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Sheri Scovil
Sheri Scovil rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Ken Holbert sr.
Ken Holbert sr. rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Melisa
Melisa added it
Aug 11, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Carol
Carol added it
Aug 31, 2016
Jessica Reilly
Jessica Reilly marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Leon W. Wilson
Leon W. Wilson rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
  • Six Mary Westmacott Novels (Giants' Bread / Absent in the Spring / Unfinished Portrait / The Rose and the Yew Tree / A Daughter's a Daughter / The Burden)
  • The Dain Curse, The Glass Key, and Selected Stories
  • Agatha Christie
  • 24 Declassified: Death Angel
  • Death in the Fifth Position
  • Point Last Seen: A Woman Tracker's Story
  • Agatha Christie at Home
  • Dark Castle, White Horse (Castle of Dark, #1-2)
  • The Picture-Perfect Crime (Clue, #7)
  • The Broken Vase
  • The Year's Best Science Fiction: Fifth Annual Collection
  • The Brass Check: A Study of American Journalism
  • Dirr's Hardy Trees and Shrubs: An Illustrated Encyclopedia
  • Oodles of Poodles (Pet Rescue Mystery #4)
  • Time on My Hands
  • Scent of a Killer
  • The Cat Who... Omnibus 02 (Books 4-6): The Cat Who Saw Red / The Cat Who Played Brahms / The Cat Who Played Post Office
  • The Early Spenser (Spenser, #1-3)

More about Agatha Christie...