Start by marking “Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!: Ghosthunters #3” as Want to Read:
Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!: Ghosthunters #3

Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!: Ghosthunters #3 (Ghosthunters #3)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  573 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Horrifying things are happening at Gloomsburg Castle. To begin with, the creepy place is crawling with Tiny Biting Ghosts (or “TIBIGs,” in official ghosthunter code). And now it appears as if the murderous spirit of a brutal Baroness has taken hold of the land-lady, infecting her with a killer case of hichic–hiccups!
Of course Hugo the Averagely Spooky Ghost is instantly
Audio
Published January 9th 2007 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosthunters and the Totally Moldy Baroness!

Min
Sep 26, 2013 Min rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This latest addition to the series continues the education of young ghost hunter Tom by his elder mentor, Heddy Hyssop. A delightful, brave and knowledgeable pair that leaves no ghost unclassified and unscathed when they are on the prowl of the types that make human life simply miserable.

Each book sends us further along into the details of what is required to be the best ghost hunters in the business. Certainly helps to have some inside information from a fellow, although mostly harmless (if you
Eden
The ghosthunters are called in to rid Gloomsburg Castle of a horrible ghost. But they don't know how horrible until they get there. Once at the castle, the ghosthunters meet the Baroness - she was terrible in life and even worse in death. Somehow they must find a way to stop her.

It's been over a year since I read the second book in the Ghosthunters series and I love the first two books in the series. So I was excited to read this one and this one reminded me why I love the first two so much - th
Karen
Nov 20, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun, quick Ghosthunter read by Cornelia Funke. The length is exactly perfect for Middler Graders. And they'll LOVE all the slime and noxious smells.
Simon
Dec 20, 2011 Simon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is quite interesting. Definatley made for children but it's fun to read. The original and quirky ideas used to destroy ghosts are a key in the fun of these books. The story plot of this particular ghost hunting expedition, was nothing marvelous. A haunted castle, very done before, but why not?

These stories get quite devoted in ghost hunting and are neatly entertaining. I find the acronyms to be very annoying and redundant however and the names of these ghosts are quite long and confu
Brian
Nov 29, 2015 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as the first one, but I enjoyed it.
Eliany Beltre
i actually finished last weak but forgot about goodreads and my mom reminded me
Lorraine Der
Library Catalog

In the third book of this ghost hunter series, Hetty, Tom and Hugo investigate the Gloomsburg Castle, and attempt to rid it of its previous owner, the evil and moldy baroness! There are five in this series all together - don't miss out on all the fun! Appropriate for Grades 3-5.
Samantha
Nov 18, 2014 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure why but I liked this one just a little more than books 2 or 4.
Charles Streams
A very simple but humorous and enjoyable book. It was fun for once to have the Worms, the keepers of the castle to actually be involved instead of just being scared and not doing anything. A little to simple way to kill the Baroness for me, but fun having to find the date and time of her death.
Susan_T.
Feb 27, 2008 Susan_T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best of the four Ghosthunter books. Young Tom (age 11) bravely saves the day, helped out by his ghosthunting friends Hetty Hyssop and Hugo the Averagely Spooky Ghost. Quite of bit of suspense, a text with a good vocabulary, and, you know, ghosts!
Sara
Mar 01, 2013 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: school
I don't know how I feel about overuse of acronyms in the story. By chapter five, you'll be ready to tell the ghost hunters to STFU. Also, interesting commentary about the social ramifications of cross dressing...
Jenni
May 10, 2013 Jenni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books, 2013
I listened to this book with my 5 and 8 year old kids. They enjoyed it quite a bit, and had many LOL moments in the car. The narrator is excellent, and does a great voice for Hugo!
Beth
Nov 03, 2008 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this! I listened to this and enjoyed the story but especially enjoyed John Beach, the narrator. His voices for the characters, especially Hugo, the ASG, are fabulous.
Frank
Jul 08, 2011 Frank rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good one. I enjoy a good novel that doesn't try to appear to be non-fiction. I can still enjoy the characters and the events. I hope I can find her other ghosthunter book.
Darin
May 04, 2010 Darin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-the-kids
Sadly. A boring book that is poorly written. The pace of the book is unbearably slow. My kids and I made it to around page 50 before we pulled the plug.
Eoin
Nov 15, 2011 Eoin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, fantasy, fiction
The plot in this book was a little too much like the second. I still enjoyed it but wanted something a little different or more complex to happen.
Beka
Dec 30, 2010 Beka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun series about a boy, his grandmother's friend who hunts ghosts, and their not-so-scary ghost friend who helps them. Very fun and imaginative.
Ingrid
I only read to about page 60 before I gave up on this book. I loved Inkheart, but I thought that this book was just awful.
Lesley
Sep 03, 2012 Lesley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book # 3 in the series. Still funny...my kids laugh out loud at the adventures of this motley ghost hunting crew!
Kurapika Kurta
Dec 27, 2013 Kurapika Kurta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a great book.
Oliver
Mar 07, 2009 Oliver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it because someone says "tra la la" like in Captain Underpants. It was also scary.
Tamara the Librarian
Still worth the listen. Gets a bit more entertaining in the end.
Lisa
Surprisingly wearisome considering the otherwise great author.
Skbarker33 Barker
Reading this with my 7 year old right now, he loves it!
Lori S.
Mar 30, 2011 Lori S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously fun silliness.
Yanfriends
Jun 08, 2011 Yanfriends rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another one in a fun series.
Charlynn
Oct 07, 2008 Carrie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Meh.
Dyson
Dyson marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Class of 2014: Book Review 1 4 Feb 28, 2013 09:18AM
  • Nurk: The Strange, Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew
  • Heir Of Mystery (Unlikely Exploits, #2)
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • Skor the Winged Stallion (Beast Quest, #14)
  • Friends for Never (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #14)
  • Secrets Of Deltora
  • Dial-a-Ghost
  • Mice Twice
  • Gegensätze ziehen sich aus (Mütter-Mafia, #3)
  • Kalle Blomquist (#1-3)
  • The Book That Eats People
  • Jake Drake Know-It-All
  • Ghostsitters (Araminta Spookie, #5)
  • Puppy in a Present (Animal Ark #42)
  • Am Samstag kam das Sams zurück (Sams, #2)
  • Peterchens Mondfahrt
  • Der Räuber Hotzenplotz: Eine Kasperlgeschichte (Hotzenplotz, #1)
  • Beware the Bohrok (Bionicle Chronicles, #2)
Cornelia Funke is a multiple award-winning German illustrator and storyteller, who writes fantasy for all ages of readers. Amongst her best known books is the Inkheart trilogy. Many of Cornelia's titles are published all over the world and translated into more than 30 languages. She has two children, two birds and a very old dog and lives in Los Angeles, California.
More about Cornelia Funke...

Ghosthunters (4 books)
  • Ghosthunters and the Incredibly Revolting Ghost (Ghosthunters, #1)
  • Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost!
  • Ghosthunters and the Muddy Monster of Doom! (Ghosthunters, #4)