Start by marking “Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club (Arthur Chapter Book, #2)” as Want to Read:
Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club (Arthur Chapter Book, #2)

Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club (Arthur Chapter Books #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Arthur and his pals can't wait for the next book in the Scare-Your-Pants-Off series, until they learn that a parents' group is trying to ban the popular books. The gang learns about standing up for what's right as they get help from a surprising source.
Audio
Published April 24th 2007 by Listening Library (Audio)

To ask other readers questions about Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off Club

Leslie
I discovered this book while doing research on banned and challenged books. It has been many years since I've read an Arthur book, or watched the show on PBS, but I was always intrigued by this friendly aardvark and his friends, so I decided to give it a go.

In this chapter book, Arthur is so excited to read the latest installment in the Scare Your Pants Off Book Club, he forgoes homemade waffles on a Saturday morning to rush to the library to get in line for the book. Upon arrival he is shocked
Dolly
Jan 23, 2014 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Shelves: 2010, childrens, library
We really enjoyed this book in the Arthur chapter book series. It was a fairly quick read and we read it in one night's storytime. It's about books and the library, so how can you go wrong? I like that he was standing up for what he felt was right and taking action, rather than just complaining about the situation.
Rebecca
Arthur learns to stand up for himself when his favorite books are trying to be banned by the PAWS (Parents Against Weird Stories) group. The message is that reading is good and sometimes people who try to ban books just don't know what they're talking about.
Carey Suter
This is a cute book about a group of friends love for a certain series of books. I believe kids would enjoy reading this.
Zachary
Jun 05, 2008 Zachary rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 8 yr olds
This book is funny and Arthur is up to his usual good natured self. He helps his friends organize a rally against a book ban on their favorite books. The chapters are short and sweet we highly recommend this book.
Robert
Feb 18, 2011 Robert marked it as do-not-plan-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Another book in the boxes gifted to us from my sister. Beetle should be ready for this soon.
Mary
I didn't love the book but I kept reading it to see what happened next.
Melanie
I like that this book teaches kids that they can make a difference.
Angie Mills
Nov 03, 2007 Angie Mills rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 1st-3rd grades
Great book to discuss censorship and reading selection with children.
Jessie
I loved the Arthur books.
Krystal White
Krystal White marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Marvin Crumer
Marvin Crumer marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Angela Hopson
Angela Hopson marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Chris Meier
Chris Meier marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Kaylah
Kaylah marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Marie
Marie added it
Sep 24, 2014
Cooper
Cooper added it
Sep 11, 2014
Cari Kutno
Cari Kutno is currently reading it
Sep 02, 2014
Janna
Janna added it
Aug 23, 2014
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • The Slumber Party Secret (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #1)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Toothless Wonder (Junie B. Jones, #20)
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • The Mount Rushmore Calamity (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures, #1)
  • Noah Webster and His Words
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • Alia's Mission: Saving the Books of Iraq
  • Waiting for the Biblioburro
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Miss Dorothy and Her Bookmobile
  • Muttley (The Puppy Place, #20)
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...
Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Halloween (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's New Puppy (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)