Start by marking “The Master of Disguise (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Master of Disguise (Star Wars: Jedi Quest, #4)

The Master of Disguise (Star Wars: Jedi Quest #4)

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi find themselves caught on a hostile planet. and facing their savviest enemy yet, a master of disguise named Granta Omega.
Audio
Published March 24th 2009 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published November 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Master of Disguise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Master of Disguise

Morgan
Jan 21, 2016 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Anakin. Anakin is faced with a desire to protect his friends and the belief that he is more qualified to defend them than they are to defend themselves. Trouble is, this isn't always true, and acting on this instinct causes some problems. Anakin's ego is under attack in this book, and Soara Antana is the one to do it. And she sees his problems with anger. She shows him his flaws, and he understands with his head, but he knows how much harder it is to put into practice. Unfortunately, I know ...more
Jeremiah Johnson
Average story, but great characters

The story was nothing special. It wasn't bad, just average. Overall, it was nothing we haven't read previously. It did set up some plot points for future novels, so hopefully those will pan out well.
The characters were very well done however. Jude has a gift for writing Anakin. The turmoil and conflict inside him is very interesting.
The villain in the story is also very likable. He is a much better bad guy than Xanatos was in the Jedi Apprentice series.
Eric Sullenberger
Possible Spoiler Alert: I am going to attempt to review each of four Jedi Quest books that were turned into audiobooks together at the beginning of the review. I listened to them all in a row and there is little distinction between them in my mind and so I may, without intending to do so, give details away. I believe that the audio productions were all unabridged, but it is possible that they were abridged and there are parts of the story I am unfamiliar with. Following this paragraph is my revi ...more
Jared
Star Wars Legends Project #90

Background: The Master of Disguise was written by Jude Watson and published in November 2002. It is the fourth book of the Jedi Quest series, following The Dangerous Games (my review).

The Master of Disguise is set several months after The Dangerous Games, 26 years before the Battle of Yavin, when Anakin is 15. Obi-Wan and Anakin are the main characters, along with Anakin's friend Darra and her master Soara Antana, and Ferus Olin. Several other recurring Jedi charac
Thomas
The Master of Disguise returns us to the quest for Granta Omega, the mysterious character who is hunting Jedi. We finally learn why he's trying to capture them, and it's much darker than we would have thought. While the search for Granta makes up a large part of the plot, the real focus of the story is on Anakin's development, and it's there that the book shines.

In their search for Granta, Obi-Wan and Anakin split up, with Anakin staying behind at the temple while Obi-Wan follows up some leads.
Molly Hayes
Dec 24, 2016 Molly Hayes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series continues to impress me. This one was less plot heavy and more focused on character development, and that made it all the better.

Anakin's sensitivity to the dark side is explored further than ever before in this book, and it's fascinating. I found his interactions with Granta Omega, and the connection the two shared, to be very interesting.

The lessons with Soara were as interesting as they were upsetting. The Jedi Knight's worries about Anakin and his fighting ability ultimately caus
Luke Ewell
Dec 30, 2014 Luke Ewell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-grade
I liked this book because I thought one of the bad guys was Darth Sidius. He was actually trying to find Darth Sidius to share his riches. Anakin and Obi Wan try to capture him and they almost do. They found out that the bad guy likes to collect Sith Artifacts and they have to go to a planet where an eruption is about to go off. They almost catch him but he gets away. They don't know that he is carrying a memory wipe. It is a special memeory wipe that can wipe pads of information, no matter how ...more
Brendan Butterworth
Jedi Quest bridges the gap between Star Wars Episodes I and II with stories about young Anakin Skywalker and his adventures with his mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi. Although the Obi-Wan-Anakin duo is not as interesting to me as the Qui-Gon-Obi-Wan pairing was, these novels should be entertaining to kids, and a Star Wars fix for adults who can't get enough of that galaxy far, far away.
I would recomend this book to anyone who loves star wars and likes some action and adventure. I would give this book five
Jaime Krause
Obi-Wan and Anakin are with Soara and Darra on a planet called Harriden, where their mission is to help 5 scientists get safely back to the Senate. But there is civil war on the planet, and some of the citizens are causing havoc for the Jedi.

Darra is injured, leading Obi-Wan to search for more information on Granta Omega when they get back to Coruscant. Anakin receives lightsaber training from Soara, which is quite interesting to read about.

And then Sano Sauro makes an appearance, which leads
Brian
Nov 20, 2013 Brian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a nice little four book series. i listened to them pretty quickly right after each other kind of like one bigger book. i appreciated seeing more of the master/apprentice relationship between anakin and obi-wan.

as a series i would give it 3.5 stars. it is written for a younger audience but the trials that are encountered are universal. i think anakin might foster some of the dark side! spoiler!
Jeff Cothern
Sep 28, 2012 Jeff Cothern rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, set out to find an unknown adversary with plans to destroy the Republic, hindered by their enemy's wealth, connections, and ability to remain hidden.

Jerry
Oct 05, 2012 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great Jedi Quest novel (sans Dana Carvey cameos, thankfully) that introduces a new villain. Everything fans have come to love about Jude Watson's Star Wars novels is once again contained in The Master of Disguise.
Daniel Rose
Dec 12, 2012 Daniel Rose rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
So the ongoing battle with Granta Omega which is showing a continued theme with this set of books. Running around following a shadowy character who works for the Sith seemed to build on earlier stories.
Angela
Suitable for children aged 8+ and those who have seen the films.
Obi Wan and Anakin are sent to rescue some scientists from a planet in the midst of civil war. Only problem is that an old enemy is trying to stop them. An intriguing storyline that shows Anakin grow up a bit more. A good read.
james craddock jr.
Great book!!!

Another great book. With plenty of action and excitement. It makes me feel like I'm reading a movie. Going to have to read the next book.
Jessie
Aug 27, 2010 Jessie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
Don't remember much about it, which means it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good either. In general, I hold this series in low opinion though, so a single star seems fair.
Rob
Oct 21, 2016 Rob rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
filling in the blanks on Anikan's life I like this series.
Amy Sturgis
It feels as though the series is losing steam.
Collin
Feb 12, 2011 Collin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
second read: June 9, 2016
Larry Rathbun
Apr 23, 2013 Larry Rathbun rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
***Read all of these before letting my 10 year old read them. Solid juvenile story, nothing objectionable.
John
Jan 16, 2010 John rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a bad book. I wrote a better book myself.
Meadow Frisbie
Feb 28, 2008 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Anakin and Obi-Wan must face the Master of Disguise.
Steve
Aug 23, 2009 Steve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the things that I thought was interesting about this book was Anikin's determination to help his friend.
Geneenita
Geneenita rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Brock
Brock rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2010
John
John rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2014
Rose
Rose rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2011
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
  • Firefight (Star Wars: Rebel Force #4)
  • Maze of Deception (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #3)
  • Crossfire (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #2)
  • Vader's Fortress (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #5)
  • The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #1)
  • A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)
  • The Swarm (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #8)
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
  • Prophets of the Dark Side (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #6)
  • The Emperor's Plague (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #11)