Start by marking “Games” as Want to Read:
Games

Games

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Former professional skateboarder Art Nichols now runs a business almost as successful as his career on the board. His flourishing professional life is in stark contrast to his string of romantic failures until he meets up-and-coming event promoter Jack Martinez. Jack and Art hit it off right away, but what they have is too good to waste on a one-night stand. It’s a long, s ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 84 pages
Published December 28th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Games

Vio
3.5 Stars

I liked the skateboarding storyline in fact it was quite good something different and fresh. As for the relationship between Art and Jack it could have been developed more it was a bit too rushed for me. Art is pretty much a nice guy with some hangups, he's still in the closet and his eventual outing and the drama that unfolds is predictable with no surprises on the outcome. An easy read even with the quickly resolved and rushed ending.
Serena Yates
I liked this story about a super-rich ex-skateboarder, Art, and a guy he meets, Jack, because the man wants to help him promote an event, as well as has a sister who is keen to improve her skateboarding skills with Art’s help. The tension between the two men is palpable, and I liked how they kept trying to focus on the business side of their relationship – ant not quite succeeding.

Art is totally in the closet, and since he is bi, hasn’t had too hard a time. He does fall for Jack right from the b
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Nice story about Art a retired skateboarder and Jack a promoter and brother to an up and coming skater girl.
Art is in the closet ( he's bisexual) and when Art and Jack's relationship hits the www they split with some hard feelings between them.
(view spoiler)
Candice
I randomly picked this book and was quite pleased. The storyline was different and interesting. While I liked Art and Jack, my only complaint was it just seemed to rushed and would have liked it to been developed a little better, but all in all an enjoyable read.
Anke
It was a pretty good read up to the final 10%. There it somewhat lacked coherence.
Stacey Jo
My full review is at manohmanreviews.blogspot.com

Good book :o)

Spark
I liked the story - it could have been longer, but it was good despite that. What I had a problem with was the coming out drama. Now, there was a certain logic to the whole debacle, one that I haven't read too often, and I liked that... down to earth? approach. However, in the aftermath bith characters made me want to slap them silly. Seriously? That's all you grown up adults could come up with? I'd have liked more of a discussion and less flouncing off, you know.
MandyM
M/M romance novella interestingly set in the world of professional skateboarding. Retired skateboarding legend Art Nichols is attracted to the older brother/manager of an upcoming young skater. Business deals bring the two of them together but Art is in the closet and Jack is not.

While I liked the originality of the setting I felt the relationship moved too fast and there was not enough build-up of the attraction between Art and Jack. It really lacked a connection for me.
Meggie
I admit the world of professional skateboarders is rare reading material and as sport goes it was interesting. But the other part of this plotted story just didn't do it for me. This being "in deep closed" is getting old as we have a lot of similar stories. I do like "in the closed" stories, but only if they have deeper developed plot and a bit longer story. This was blah..., boring!
Kendra
I really enjoyed this book!!! I loved Art's character and thought his struggle was very well portrayed. I wasn't thrilled with his being in the closet and how it affected those around him (especially Jack...such a cutie!) but I could totally understand why he thought he had to. I would have liked just a little more at the end because I loved the MC's but thought it ended well.
Jane (PS)
Aug 22, 2013 Jane (PS) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jane (PS) by: Kendra
Shelves: mm
I enjoyed this book - IMHO it is better than the avg rating shows. It is well written with decent characterisation - great story if you only have an hour or two to spare. Being only a fairly short story, it's hard to go overboard on the rating. I would normally rate this 3 stars, but I DO think the avg should be higher, so I gave it an extra star :)
SA
Jan 26, 2012 SA rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I don't know what the author's disdain of contractions was about, and the story moved entirely too fast for it to be believable or enjoyable, but hey. Sk8ter bois. Rawr.
Dallison
Did not like this book at all. Art was too old to be in the closet.

Indigo
Aug 25, 2012 Indigo rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2.75*
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Ramsi
Ramsi marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Persimmon
Persimmon marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Aishah
Aishah added it
Dec 29, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Moomba
Moomba marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Jun 07, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014