Start by marking “Games” as Want to Read:
Games

Games

3.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  49 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Former professional skateboarder Art Nichols now runs a business almost as successful as his career on the board. His flourishing professional life is in stark contrast to his string of romantic failures until he meets up-and-coming event promoter Jack Martinez. Jack and Art hit it off right away, but what they have is too good to waste on a one-night stand. It’s a long, s ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 84 pages
Published December 28th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Games

Vio
Dec 28, 2011 Vio rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I liked the skateboarding storyline in fact it was quite good something different and fresh. As for the relationship between Art and Jack it could have been developed more it was a bit too rushed for me. Art is pretty much a nice guy with some hangups, he's still in the closet and his eventual outing and the drama that unfolds is predictable with no surprises on the outcome. An easy read even with the quickly resolved and rushed ending.
Serena Yates
Jan 09, 2012 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
I liked this story about a super-rich ex-skateboarder, Art, and a guy he meets, Jack, because the man wants to help him promote an event, as well as has a sister who is keen to improve her skateboarding skills with Art’s help. The tension between the two men is palpable, and I liked how they kept trying to focus on the business side of their relationship – ant not quite succeeding.

Art is totally in the closet, and since he is bi, hasn’t had too hard a time. He does fall for Jack right from the b
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Nice story about Art a retired skateboarder and Jack a promoter and brother to an up and coming skater girl.
Art is in the closet ( he's bisexual) and when Art and Jack's relationship hits the www they split with some hard feelings between them.
(view spoiler)
Candice
I randomly picked this book and was quite pleased. The storyline was different and interesting. While I liked Art and Jack, my only complaint was it just seemed to rushed and would have liked it to been developed a little better, but all in all an enjoyable read.
Anke
Dec 28, 2011 Anke rated it really liked it
It was a pretty good read up to the final 10%. There it somewhat lacked coherence.
Stacey Jo
My full review is at manohmanreviews.blogspot.com

Good book :o)

Spark
Jan 31, 2015 Spark rated it really liked it
I liked the story - it could have been longer, but it was good despite that. What I had a problem with was the coming out drama. Now, there was a certain logic to the whole debacle, one that I haven't read too often, and I liked that... down to earth? approach. However, in the aftermath bith characters made me want to slap them silly. Seriously? That's all you grown up adults could come up with? I'd have liked more of a discussion and less flouncing off, you know.
Mandapanda
Dec 28, 2011 Mandapanda rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
M/M romance novella interestingly set in the world of professional skateboarding. Retired skateboarding legend Art Nichols is attracted to the older brother/manager of an upcoming young skater. Business deals bring the two of them together but Art is in the closet and Jack is not.

While I liked the originality of the setting I felt the relationship moved too fast and there was not enough build-up of the attraction between Art and Jack. It really lacked a connection for me.
Meggie
Jan 01, 2012 Meggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: sport
I admit the world of professional skateboarders is rare reading material and as sport goes it was interesting. But the other part of this plotted story just didn't do it for me. This being "in deep closed" is getting old as we have a lot of similar stories. I do like "in the closed" stories, but only if they have deeper developed plot and a bit longer story. This was blah..., boring!
Kendra T
I really enjoyed this book!!! I loved Art's character and thought his struggle was very well portrayed. I wasn't thrilled with his being in the closet and how it affected those around him (especially Jack...such a cutie!) but I could totally understand why he thought he had to. I would have liked just a little more at the end because I loved the MC's but thought it ended well.
Jane (PS)
Aug 22, 2013 Jane (PS) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jane (PS) by: Kendra T
Shelves: mm
I enjoyed this book - IMHO it is better than the avg rating shows. It is well written with decent characterisation - great story if you only have an hour or two to spare. Being only a fairly short story, it's hard to go overboard on the rating. I would normally rate this 3 stars, but I DO think the avg should be higher, so I gave it an extra star :)
SA
Jan 26, 2012 SA rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I don't know what the author's disdain of contractions was about, and the story moved entirely too fast for it to be believable or enjoyable, but hey. Sk8ter bois. Rawr.
Dallison
Jan 15, 2012 Dallison rated it liked it
Did not like this book at all. Art was too old to be in the closet.

Indigo
Aug 25, 2012 Indigo rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2.75*
Kiki
Jan 09, 2012 Kiki rated it it was ok
2.5
Conanran
Conanran marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Hwm
Hwm added it
Apr 13, 2016
Tim Boman
Tim Boman rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
MM Love
MM Love rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Phred Phan
Phred Phan rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Susan A
Susan A marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
May 02, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Nik
Nik added it
Jul 28, 2015
Athenahun
Athenahun rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015