Disney Fairies: Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon

Disney Fairies: Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow #5)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,832 ratings  ·  82 reviews
Rani doesn’t fit in. Ever since she had to cut off her wings to save Mother Dove, she doesn’t feel like she belongs with any fairies at all. Rani sets off on a perilous journey to find a home, a journey that leads her underwater, deep into the lagoon, where the mermaids live. Maybe there Rani will discover who her true friends are!
Audio
Published October 24th 2006 by Imagination Studio (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Disney Fairies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disney Fairies

Elizabeth
My little friend, Lexie, loaned me her "Fairies" books. This is the first one I've read. It is a sweet, easy story. Rani isn't like other fairies, so she feels left out and lonely. She runs away and ends up at the Mermaid Lagoon. Here she finds out that life isn't as bad as she thought it is, and that no matter how nice different things are, and how exciting adventures are, there just isn't any place as sweet as home. I enjoyed reading this book. I will be reading more of the Fairies series in t...more
Ashley
By:Ashley Matias
TITLE:Rani in the mermeaid lagoon
AUTHOR:Lisa Papademetriou

This book is about a fairy names Rani. Long ago Rani gave up her wings to save Pixie Hallow. One day Rani felt left out and went somewhere far away. Rani meet mermaids . Oola was one of the mermaids. I lost my ring in a deep hole. Rani got the ring for Oola. At the end Tink and all the fairies found Rani and took her bck home.
From this book I like how the author Lisa Papademetriou used fancy whriting and caching word...more
Dolly
May 01, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a decent tale in the Disney Fairies collection (Tales of Pixie Hollow). Our oldest borrowed it from her school library and really enjoyed the tale. Our youngest got bored with it a bit, but stuck in there for most of the story. It's an encouraging tale of developing and sharing your own talents, having self-confidence and not letting a disability or difference get you down. We read it fairly quickly, over the span of a couple of evenings.
Rachel
Dear sweet Rani is off for another adventure, this time under the sea in the Mermaid Lagoon! Rani's sacrifice of her wings causes her both joy's and sorrows, and when the fairies of Pixie Hollow begin to wonder if she's lost her talent, Rani decides to run away. Her unique capabilities as the only fairy who swims sends her on her way to the lagoon seeking a place where she can use her water talents in remarkable ways and finding her own new adventures, whether helping a new friend, or creating a...more
S.K.
This book was just okay. I wouldn't pick up another in this series, but I'm also not the intended audience. That being said, I am an aspiring children's book writer and have taken many classes and read twice as many books on the subject...which makes me quite the critic :)

What did I like about this book? Well, the pros:
* Fun adventure story
* Beautiful illustrations
* Imaginative world building

What I didn't like about this book, the cons:
* Uninspired text, sometimes hard to read aloud
* Too much mu...more
Jack Bates
May 20, 2008 Jack Bates rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young kids
I read this book before I sent it to my niece for her birthday. This way I hope to be able to talk to her about it. It was a very cute story that included fantasy adventures with fairies in a land that is well known to most people who were once kids, Neverland. The dialog was well written for the age group 5-8yrs of age. The topics of friendship, loyalty, courage, and perseverance are woven very well in to the story. The story isn't about these qualities, but lessons are definitely learned about...more
Shannon McGee
I think we have all had our own times where felt left out or just plain useless. Rani goes on an adventure to find where she fits into the world of the faeries. She wants to feel she can make a difference in Pixie Hollow, but, because she is different from the others, now they only see her differences. In some ways they see her as incapable of using her talent as she always has. Rain comes to understand that her talent is just fine, and she learns to be creative along the way. So on the outside...more
Twyla
Wirya
Rani tahu tidak mudah menjadi satu-satunya peri tanpa sayap.. tetapi, dia begitu menyesal karena tidak bisa membuat air mancur sesuai kebiasaannya.. Rani memutuskan untuk pergi ke Mermaid Lagoon..tempat terindah di seluruh penjuru Never land.

Akan tetapi Rani juga tidak merasa cocok di Mermaid Lagoon, jadi dimanakah tempat Rani?

(kita seeing merasa bahwa kita tidak pants berada di suatu tempat.. Lalu dimanakah tempat kita? jawaban yang pasti dan sebenarnya sudah kita ketahui: disamping orang yang...more
Sylwia
As the Tales of Pixie Hollow books tend to do for me, I felt immersed in the story, curious about how it was going to unfold, and that it was easy to make connections about the struggle of the character as a metaphor for real-world obstacles. Rani's backstory, in general, is one of the most interesting and unique pieces of this series. I feel almost unjustified in only giving it 3 stars.
Gina
Taralen
I haven't read the previous books that better explain the situation of Rani losing her wings but the passage before the first chapter explains well enough for me to understand her loss. I am able to sympathize with the character but her predicaments are expected. There are no plot twists that surprise me and the message is elementary.
I can't expect much from a child's book but it's not horrible enough to give me displeasure during the reading process.

Enjoyment: 3/5
Story: 3/5
Stacie
I like reading the fairy stories. They are sweet stories that kind of have a lesson to be learned.

Rani was a mermaid who lost her wings in another story we read, so we simply had to find out what happened to her. This was a story about finding your place in the world you live in, even with all your faults and differences. Rani was not only searching for her place with her new identity, but also searching for her own self-worth.

It was a sweet story that both Sunshine and I enjoyed.
Briana
I didn't not like this book because it was to childish for me and the lettering was HUGE so I felt like a kid reading this book. This book is about a pixie named Rani that feel left out because she hasn't got her wings yet. So, she runs away to Mermaid Lagoon and meets mermaids, thens run away again and goes back to Pixie Hollow and then after her journey she gains her wings. Werid story right? Well if you like it ask me and I would let you borrow this book.
Isabelle.n.c
Mindy
My daughter and I read this book together! We LOVE reading this series of books and enjoy learning about the FAIRIES, as well as the lessons that each book teaches. This book is 112 pages and kept my 7 year old daughter's interest enough for us to read the entire book in one setting!! It is a delightful read and very imaginative. We also enjoy the beautiful illustrations throughout the book!!
Stenedria
This is the first book I've read that introduced mermaids (my favorite mythical creature). I loved it from the narrative to the beautiful illustrations. Great for anyone who likes tales from Pixie Hollow.
Amanda R
This is the second Disney Fairies book I've read - the first being Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. I think it's a cute series! It was nice reading something light and easy, after the last book that I read. This story was about feeling like you belong and sometimes not being able to see the people who care the most are right in front of you. I love the artwork in these books too!
Nataliewf
In Pixie Hollow Rain felt like she was useless because she cut her wings off to swim and brother dove had to carry her places and she couldn't be part of her talent. I liked that Rani found some friends at the mermaid lagoon when she was traveling away from pixie hollow.
Dyah
I like Rani; she's special, the only fairy who doesn't have wings. In this book, she feels kinda bad about it and she feels like she doesn't belong on Pixie Hollow. She then goes on a journey to find a new home, but she certainly doesn't belong with the mermaids!
Kristina Rich
Read and Reviewed by Madison: I liked the part when she meets the mermaids and when she goes under water. I also like the part when she cut off her wings to save the egg. I like that she is a fairy. Fairies are one of my most favorite imaginary things.
Sydney
it wasn't nice when the fairies made fun of rani for not having any wings. she goes to the water and comes across mermaids. they use her to retrieve a mirror and rani thinks they are her friends but they turn out to be selfish and vain and forget about her.
Kaitlyn
A really good book. Anyone who enjoys Disney and Disney fairies try reading Disney fairy books. You can tell if it is a Disney fairy book because it will say in the middle at the top of the front cover "Disney Fairies."
Amycheng741
It's about a fairy that don't have wings as a normal fairy. She when on a journey looking for a places that she belongs in and on the journey she would learn why she really belongs and meet new friends.
Kiara Hanna Quinncilla
I really remember my little sister bought me this book when I was only 9, when I laid on the hospital bed when I got thypus. Thank you Kania, it's amazing! Kids, read this. ;)
Michalla
Even though you feel left out just because your different that still makes you a good person no matter what you feel inside. I think that is the message in the story
Natasia Angel
Rani was a mermaid without wings.. She cut her wings to save Never Land.. One day, she was 'out of the group' because she got no wings.. So she decided to run away..
Amelia Mapstone
Jul 22, 2008 Amelia Mapstone rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Disney Fairy Fans
Recommended to Amelia by: friend
Wonderful perspectinve, and good details! Happiness and love, and careful story line!
Well done, and quite magical for any Disney Fairy Fans!
Ciera
This book was okay - it was just way too easy. Rani feels left out from the fairies because she has no wings so she goes to join the mermaids.
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Vidia and the Fairy Crown (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #2)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • The Trouble With Tink (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #1)
  • Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
  • The Third Wish (Fairy Realm, #3)
Lisa Papademetriou is the author of Sixth-Grade Glommers, Norks, and Me (named one of the Best Books of 2005 by FamilyFun.com ); the Accidentally Series; The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey; How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days; Drop; Chasing Normal; and M or F?, Ice Dreams, and Siren's Storm.

Forthcoming:
Fury's Fire
Confectionately Yours: Save the Cupcake!
More about Lisa Papademetriou...
Accidentally Fabulous (Accidentally, #1; Candy Apple #12) How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days (Candy Apple #4) M or F? Save the Cupcake! (Confectionately Yours, #1) Taking the Cake! (Confectionately Yours, #2)