Start by marking “Spiritual Solutions: Answers to Life's Greatest Challenges” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Solutions: Answers to Life's Greatest Challenges

Spiritual Solutions: Answers to Life's Greatest Challenges

Life is full of challenges, both big and small. Spirituality is here to offer solutions.

Over the course of his career as physician, teacher, and bestselling author, Deepak Chopra has received thousands of questions from people facing every kind of challenge. They have asked how to lead more fulfilling lives, how to overcome relationship problems and personal obstacles. Wh
Audiobook, 204 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Random House Audio (first published April 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Solutions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Solutions

Hessah Alhashash
Aug 02, 2012 Hessah Alhashash rated it it was amazing
رائع و خفيف لكل من يريد ان يطور حياته و يتعامل مع المشكلات
Christina
Apr 19, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it
A helpful and interesting take on what Deepak Chopra describes as the three levels of awareness and when and where problems arise. He describes one's awareness on three levels (1) contracted (2) expanded and (3) pure.

According to Chopra, problems arise in the first level, which is called the contracted state. This is a state of being in resistance, being tense, and defensive. This is also described as a level of awareness where one's fears take over one's actions and in many cases cripples a per
Dylia Klatt
Jul 13, 2012 Dylia Klatt rated it liked it
Shelves: tabled-it
Deepak always worthwhile. Not his most stellar work but worth the read. His best, in my opinion, remains The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire. Now THAT'S a multiple read classic.
Daemon
Sep 08, 2016 Daemon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: absolute-trash
There isn't much to say here really. Often, I bear a hatred for self-help material and flaunt it too, but not when it is founded upon good philosophy, and not when the physician-author presents anything beyond a blur and with respect to underlying evidence with regards to the subjects in which his terminologies encroach upon. Most of those subjects he bears no reputable authority, not even a sliver of hope that his quotable quotes would ever be factual or ever be more than beautiful metaphors ...more
Karl
Sep 15, 2013 Karl rated it it was amazing
It is very refreshing to find a book in the spiritual genre that provides real solutions to everyday, universal problems that are impacting so many of us on this human journey. Many books provide relief to the reader in the form of long-term practices that are meant to help the individual evolve their consciousness, which of course is of great benefit; however, being human means that we sometimes need immediate, easy to apply solutions as well.

In Deepak’s book, “Spiritual Solutions” we find some
Vimal Kodai
Apr 07, 2015 Vimal Kodai rated it liked it
Dr. Chopra examines various messages and letters which were sent to him by people from all over the globe. With many answers and solutions to the problems and daily conflicts which these personalities encounter, Deepak Chopra tries to adopt simple strategies in tackling with such issues. The author suggests many alternatives towards approaching problems in a comfortable manner. Spiritual Solutions is a book which is well written as it has some very valuable messages in the techniques and strateg ...more
Tess Mertens-Johnson
Sep 30, 2014 Tess Mertens-Johnson rated it it was amazing
Maybe it was because I read this book in a time just before my oldest daughter's marriage and my youngest daughter buying a house, or during a yoga retreat, or just because Deepak's insight is so keen that this book hit on all burner=s with me.
His philosophy of being grateful for what you are and have, and to try to find ways to better yourself and get along with others is something we can all live by.
Looking at life as a gift and being happy as you are rather than resentful for what you are or
Jantine
Jun 13, 2013 Jantine rated it it was amazing
This book was a true eye-opener! It made complete sense and was recognizable, while a lot of stuff was new to me. Life changing in that I now look differently to problems and solutions.
"The secret is that the level of the problem is never the level of the solution.”
Chopra describes how approaching problems from a contracted awareness leads to more problems and that developing expanded awareness, and finally reaching pure awareness, is a lot more constructive and let you grow in all areas of you
Barb
Jan 28, 2014 Barb rated it it was ok
I've read many of Deepak Chopra's books. This is one of the least satisfying. He analyzes many of life's challenges: relationships, health, success, etc... and tells u the pitfalls we often fall into. So far so good. However the solutions to the problems are contained in a paragraph or two and contain such trite sayings as "understanding yourself completely" or "live from the level of the self that is always present". Maybe this book is for more enlightened souls than myself, but, for the first ...more
LemontreeLime
Deepak does something a little different with this book, he plays the part of a spiritual 'Dear Abby...' (a newspaper column where people write in their but-what-shall-i-do questions). He does a good job, but at times, it feels very odd. Like running into a neighbor who has decided to start wearing dutch wooden shoes, unexpected but not crisis inducing.
Larkyn Rhea
May 22, 2012 Larkyn Rhea rated it it was amazing
One of his best!! Deepak is such a favorite author of mine and has helped to shape my spirituality. A book like this is a gift to society. I preordered it this year before release date!! He's always worth reading. Its a comfy read and the perfect "pre-bedtime" devotional (for lack of a better term).
Leticia
I attended the NYC launch of Deepak Chopra’s new book, “Spiritual Solutions, Answers to Life’s Greatest Challenges.” In this, his 65th book, this prolific author describes the three levels of awareness and how we can expand them. He also responds to some of the many letters he’s received from people dealing with issues involving relationships, money, health, spirituality, etc.
AliceinWonderland
Oct 30, 2013 AliceinWonderland rated it liked it
- Not too bad, but not my favourite among Chopra's multiple spiritual books on a similar subject matter.
- However, I did like the letters he provided near the end of the book, along with Chopra's responses. They were astonishingly honest, and at times, seemingly harsh, but probably necessary for those people who really need a shake-up from their lives.
Chris Joseph
May 25, 2016 Chris Joseph rated it really liked it
First half of the book is great for those wanting a good base in how to get beyond a lower level consciousness to deal with every day problems/challenges in a spiritual way. Lots of good practical situations.
For me the second half was harder to grasp. Gets a bit more deep.
Taymara Jagmohan
Jul 10, 2013 Taymara Jagmohan rated it really liked it
'A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?'

A read that teaches you that you are not larger than life. Quite wonderful.

Good work Deepak. May you be happy in your spiritual journey as well.
Anita
Nov 05, 2015 Anita rated it really liked it
This is a very user friendly guide to finding a direction for your life. If you are at a crossroads, this book will help. Some of his books can be too scientific, but this book was written for the everyday reader.
Metzi
May 08, 2013 Metzi rated it really liked it
Deepak's voice would not be my choice for an audiobook, but the message was on point. He guides you to desiring to reach a higher spiritual level than where you presently are. No excuses, no illusions, just raw honest assessment.
Julie Lenoch
Nov 17, 2012 Julie Lenoch rated it it was amazing

Please, take the time to read this very wise man's words. It's deep, but, clear and simple. If this turbulent world full of egos would read, practice and live this-consciousness would make the world a fabulously peaceful place to live!
Melody
Feb 13, 2013 Melody rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This book was really impressive. The begining gives a great overview of why we have the issues we do. Then in the back he gave a bunch of examples of how and why the issues show up in the lives of people. Each example is followed up by step to take to fix it.
Angela
Jun 12, 2012 Angela added it
I love Deepak Chopra. However, I just wish I could really start applying this stuff. It makes so much sense, but not so easy to do. I'm just so hard on myself, but I'm learning!!! This is a book I probably just need to read over and over until it gets through to my thick skull! Ha ha
Bridget
Jul 17, 2012 Bridget rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deepak explores the 3 levels of awareness and explains how all of life's "problems" can be eliminated if we allow ourselves to rise to and function at the highest level of awareness. Plain language and easy to understand.
Bradoicich
Mar 11, 2013 Bradoicich rated it liked it
I liked the part where he read letters from his reader's asking for advice. His responses showed a depth of understanding about the human condition. In the end though, I don't know that I found solutions.
Suzanne
Mar 21, 2013 Suzanne rated it liked it
a good book with a clear message to learn about yourself to the deepest level of expanded awareness while moving past the internal conficts.
Dave
Aug 11, 2012 Dave added it
Shelves: listened
Deepak narrated this audio book. He has such a dry reading voice. But the message is great! I started my second time through already. It's almost 6 hours in length.
Jock Mcclees
Sep 07, 2015 Jock Mcclees rated it did not like it
I tried listening to it on tape. I just couldn't get into it and never got very far. Maybe some other time I will be in a different mood but I just couldn't bring myself to listen.
Aminah
May 17, 2012 Aminah is currently reading it
I just began this book last night and it was so difficult to put down! More outpourings lata... ANOTHER GREAT ONE BY DEEPAK!
Kirsty Kianifard
Jan 24, 2015 Kirsty Kianifard rated it really liked it
Not one of my fave Deepak books as there were a lot of 'case studies' in it but still affirming to his message of life which I always find inspiring.
Marie-e
May 04, 2012 Marie-e rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like Deepak's perspective. He highlights ways to deal with difficult situations in a more wholesome way. I find it useful, wise, kind, and helpful.
Alexis

Good information, very accessible, but the structure of the book makes it a little hard to follow.
Kelley Chrisman
Jun 21, 2012 Kelley Chrisman rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love his books! Everything is easy to read and he does a great job of simplifying concepts.
  • Creating Money: Keys to Abundance
  • Creating True Prosperity
  • The Courage to Be Free: Discover Your Original Fearless Self
  • The Life Model: Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You, The Essentials Of Christian Living
  • Radical Self-Forgiveness: The Direct Path to True Self-Acceptance
  • Walking with Grandfather
  • Healing Words
  • Archangel Oracle Cards: A 45 Card Deck and Guidebook
  • The Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics
  • Stephen Arroyo's Chart Interpretation Handbook: Guidelines for Understanding the Essentials of the Birth Chart
  • Learn to Relax: A Practical Guide to Easing Tension and Conquering Stress
Deepak Chopra, MD serves as the Founder and Chairman of The Chopra Foundation, and Co-Founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

As a global leader and pioneer in the field of mind-body medicine, Chopra transforms the way the world views physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social wellness. Known as a prolific author of eighty books books with twenty-two New York Times best sellers in both
More about Deepak Chopra...

“Not every sky will be blue and not every day is springtime. So on the spiritual path a person learns to find this kind of happiness without needing nice things to happen on the outside. Rather, you find happiness by being who you really are. This isn't mystical. Young children are happy being who they are. The trick is to regain such a state when you are grown and have seen the light and dark sides of life.” 47 likes
“Owning your own feelings, rather than blaming them on someone else, is the mark of a person who has moved from contracted to expanded awareness.” 45 likes