Start by marking “Cherish Your Name (Warder, #6)” as Want to Read:
Cherish Your Name (Warder, #6)

Cherish Your Name (Warders #6)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  804 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Malic Sunden is in hell—only not literally... yet. As a warder, Malic is used to fighting demons and squaring off against all kinds of creatures from the pit, but this year he’s facing a new and terrifying prospect: Christmas holidays with his much-younger boyfriend and his family.

He loves Dylan, his hearth, but Dylan’s parents, the Shaws, are another story. They think Mal
ebook, 1st Edition, 158 pages
Published December 28th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cherish Your Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherish Your Name

Emma Sea
I was a little confused that the plot in the blurb, Malic's memory loss, wasn't actually the main plot of the book: it is 88 locations from 1982 locations total, or less than 10%. I didn't mind to begin with, because the first part of the book was far more enjoyable, focusing on the tension between Dylan's family and Malic, and Malic's insecurity with his much-younger partner. This was great! However all this conflict was resolved by 26%, so some backstory and two sub-plots were introduced, one ...more
Amy Lane
OKay-- I've got a soft spot for the older guy, younger guy romance, and I love Malic and Dylan as an established couple. Dylan is young--and he makes the mistakes of youth--but he's not a pushover, and he's not weak and I love that. I loved seeing the other warders, and I loved the family at Christmas--I'm a sucker for that as well. Mary's trademark fast pace and heated love scenes make this a fun, happy read:-)
Trisha Harrington
This book worked really well, for the most part. It was nice to see Malic and Dylan again and we got to see Malic adjusting to Dylan's family, etc... But I didn't think it worked as well as it could have. Firstly, with Dylan's family and the way they treated Malic. I was close enough to pissed with them for most of this book and a change in attitude didn't fix it. Honestly, I would have walked out if I had been Malic. It was just... ugh! And then we had Dylan.

I was very shocked with Dylan's trea
Serena Yates
It was great to get back to Dylan and Malic, the main characters of the second book. While all the others have some level of appearance, the story focuses around the two of them.

A variation of the age gap issue appears when Dylan takes Malic home and the effect it has on Malic’s emotions is devastating. But that is just for starters. While Malic loves Dylan with all his heart, he still hasn’t really understood what he means to his lover. When he finally gets it, all seems set for a peaceful Chri
Adara
This was a good follow-up to Malic and Dylan's story, and definitely story #6 in the Warder series. (Not 2.5 just because it's about Malic and Dylan.) It'll spoil some things in Nexus (book 5) if you haven't read it first.

There is a LOT of needy Dylan in this story. (Perhaps a bit too much, IMO.) And the first half is mostly build-up (and sex) before you get to more action (and sex) in the second half. So fair warning on all of that.

Even though it's about Malic visiting Dylan's family for the fi
Arthur
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

That's what Shakespeare said. But, name is important in all major religious traditions. It's not just a marker of something. In this book, we'll see how important a name is.

Now, if someone asks, "What is a blurb?" I'd say its a short summary of a book. It has to represent the book correctly. Which the above blurb fails to do.

This book is sweet but not tooth-ache sweet, since there is a high tension especially at th
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I really like the Warder series, and Dylan and Malic are some of my favorites.
It's a sweet cute Christmas story and I enjoyed Malic finally meeting and being accepted into Dylan's family.
I was just a bit disappointed that the blurb was so misleading.
(view spoiler)
Elci
Dylan and Malic. Sigh. I love this book. It was such a nice holiday read. Sweet and fun.
Phaney
Such a comfort read. There’s a bit of drama, a bit of fighting, and a lot of just coasting along.
I liked Dylan before and Malic’s definitely one of my favourite characters in the series.

The beginning provides a great contrast the previous book, where Marcus and Joe were perfectly in tune and Joe’s family loved Marcus like their own. Here? Poor Malic isn’t as winsome, he’s too uncomfortable with family functions, his young boyfriend temporarily abandons him, and Dylan’s family wishes he were gone
Melanie
Just as I was mourning the last of the Warder books, here is a warm and lovely Christmas story about Malic and Dylan. I will admit to a certain affection for this couple. Malic was a older hearth; a loner of few words and fewer friends until he found his Hearth in the person of Dylan Shaw. Dylan is young, adorable, loyal and totally in love with his Warder. Now its their first Christmas together as a couple and Dylan has brought Malic home to meet the family.

The opening chapter with its "Christ
L-D

Okay - this is not my favorite Mary Calmes series by a long shot, and I thought this was going to be a quick Christmas novella with not much substance. Malic with Dylan's family at Christmas, possibly saves the day...3 star at best. But okaaaay, I really liked this one. I think I liked this so much because it really made me like Malic, the big, brooding, badass warder. I didn't even like Malic in his first book with Dylan. He was a bit emotionless for my taste. But what I liked about th
Jane (PS)
Aug 01, 2013 Jane (PS) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jane (PS) by: Katie
Shelves: mm, audiobook
I liked this a lot more than I thought. I was worried a lot of the book would take place on the demon-plain, so I wasn't looking forward to that, even though I love Mary's writing.

Fortunately the book rotates around Dylan's family Christmas (view spoiler)
Elle
Hey, I have to start with saying that I loved this series! It was all well written and I liked the ideas of hearths and all that jazz. And where in some series you tend to only choose one or two specific couples to enjoy out of the whole gang, I found I loved all of them.
However, that said, I've found people saying you can read this series out of order and I will say in part you can. But this book in the series...I'm gonna have to lean towards no. I think that to completely grasp what is actual
Sherry
In re-reading both of the Malic/Dylan stories, I noticed an inconsistency. In the first book, Tooth & Nail, Ryan answers that he has one of each, a brother and a sister. In this one, there is just the sister at the family holiday gathering with no mention of a brother.

It obviously didn't detract from the story but....noticed.
___________
Typical for this author but a fun read.
Amanda
5 stars

Malic is by far my favorite Warder...with Raphael following him even though he's a Kyrie. I love all of the Warders so it was nice to have another story based around Malic and having the other guys pop in to help save the day. I would love there to be more books in this series to kind of follow up on the Warders and their Hearths.
Jane A
I liked this story, was a good end to the series, but do think that it ended way too fast. I did love how the Christmas spirit was not lost throughout the story. It was like there were 2 stories compressed into one. One where there are Warders and the other where a guy brings his boyfriend home for the first time. It was nice =)
Chris
Sweet paranormal m/m holiday romance about Warder Malic visiting his hearth Dylan's family for Christmas and things getting off to a rough start because Dylan's family thinks Malic is too old for their son.
Charming
Malic is exactly who he was in Tooth and Nail: willfully blind and self-sabotaging. He is very lucky that Dylan is smart enough for the both of them, and rescues both Malic and their relationship.
Eva
Based on the blurb I was expecting buckets of angst and for Mailc and Dylan to be separated for much of the story. Luckily that wasn't he case so I ended up loving the story.
Sarina
This is another enjoyable read in the Warder series. In this novel we get to see Malic and Dylan again as they've headed back to Dylan's parent's house to spend the holidays. Things don't go quite according to plan, however, as there are misunderstandings and other problems along the way. The rest of the warders also make brief appearances during the story, which was nice to see. It was really nice to see Malic, who's such a loner interacting with Dylan's family and friends. This also sets thing ...more
Panalopy
I loved it:) Malic and Dylan are just so cute together! A very sweet Christmas story.
Dee
I liked this book but not as part of the Warder series. It just seems like it should be one of those seasonal free novelettes that you get in a series between stories. So while it was good it didn't feel like part of the whole. I'd prefer to consider this and Tooth Nail Warders 2 as a duology, and apart from Raphael, my kyrie sweetheart, forget the Warder series until times of desperation.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Okay so I was surprised when I heard that there would be another book in the Warder series because all the Warder’s stories had been told. In this book we are revisiting one of the couples as they are enjoying a family Christmas and I use the term ‘enjoying’ loosely for Malic. The blurb is a bit misleading but I will sort that out now lol.

Malic finds himself in a hell he can’t get out of but puts up with it
Lucy
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

In the Warder series, Malic has been my favorite. He’s a flawed hero, one who had to be convinced that his hearth, Dylan, actually wanted him just as much as he wanted Dylan. Now they are together, happy and secure. Except they are spending their first Christmas season with Dylan’s family and it’s not going well. The Shaws (Dylan’s family) believe Malic is too old for Dylan (which Malic himself believed, so this is a completely understandable concept) and also
Alex
I loved it. I love this series and it was terrific to see a bit more of Dylan and Malic. I would have rated it higher, but for a couple issues. When Dylan is first introduced to readers in Tooth and Nail, he tells Malic about his family and he had more siblings and a grandparent living with his parents. There is no mention of the grandparent and only one sister. That is, of course, writer's prerogative but inconsistencies like that annoy me. Also, there was not nearly as much demon fighting as t ...more
The last book in the series continues to provide the action, heat, supernatural elements and relationship issues as the previous five did - this time revisiting Dylan and Malic (with appearances from the other Warders). The age gap between Dylan and Malic is explored some more - carried over from the second book. I liked that their relationship was not "magically" perfect. The story is set around Christmas, but the first part is nothing close to merry. I felt really bad for Malic and was glad th ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Malic and Dylan return in this installment of the Warder series. This time, I liked the couple much more than in their first book, though Dylan is still quite youthful in his exuberance. (That's a nice way to say he's childish.) But since he's only 20, I guess that's okay.

From the blurb, I though Malic would spend more time in Hell, or at least more time being away from Dylan and the rest of his clutch, but that segment passed quickly. The story is more about Malic's relationship with Dylan's f
Christy Loves 2 Read
I fell madly in love with Dylan and Malic in their story Tooth & Nail, so it stood to reason that I would really enjoy this short story!

Malic goes to Dylan's family home for Christmas and, well, lets just say....his reception isn't the greatest. His parents are not thrilled that he's so much older than their son. And Dylan is catching up with his "young" friends leaving Malic alone and feeling sort of unwanted. So, Malic does what makes him happy.....he finds odd jobs to do around the house
Marisa
I was sooooo happy to go back to Dylan and Malic. Dylan was very shades of Jory Harcourt for me for some reason... And that man is my favourite person in the entire non-world.

But I wanted to explore that whole memory loss thing!!! It was like 5 PAGES!!! Which made me sad...

Mary's characters are phenomenal to me. They are so real and witty. They all have very distinct personalities that she truly sticks to and as an aspiring author I envy that.

There were mentions in this book about Ryan and Lei
Pencilq
Great stuff

I don't usually bother to write reviews on Mary Calmes' books- I just figure she's on everyone who's ever read any of her books "automatic buy" list. This book had the usual Mary Calmes main ingredient: magic.
Dreamspinner Press: Cherish Your Name by Mary Calmes 3 21 Dec 29, 2011 08:08PM
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
  • Puppy, Car, and Snow (Ryan & Scott, #3)
  • Hell Cop 2
  • GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)
  • A Summit City Christmas (Sno Ho, #2.5)
  • Skin Deep (Fae, #1)
  • Fangs and Lullabies (The Demons Age #1)
  • Winter Winds
  • Until Forever Comes (Mates, #2)
  • Love, Like Ghosts (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #7)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords, #2)
  • Nobody's Hero (Superpowered Love, #3)
  • Mistletoe at Midnight
Mary Calmes lives in Lexington, Kentucky, with her husband and two children and loves all the seasons except summer. She graduated from the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California, with a bachelor's degree in English literature. Due to the fact that it is English lit and not English grammar, do not ask her to point out a clause for you, as it will so not happen. She loves writing, becomi ...more
More about Mary Calmes...
Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1) A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #1) Timing (Timing, #1) Frog A Matter of Time (A Matter of Time #2)