Start by marking “Star Wars: Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen: The Dark Nest, Book Two” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen: The Dark Nest, Book Two

Star Wars: Dark Nest II: The Unseen Queen: The Dark Nest, Book Two (Star Wars: Dark Nest #2)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  2,713 ratings  ·  34 reviews

Audio
Published February 20th 2007 by Random House Audio (first published September 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Rabindranauth
After the events of The Joiner King, the Killiks were given new worlds in a new star system to populate. And still, there is not peace. A new enemy has been slowly but surely destroying the Killik nests, and because the Jedi were responsible for the Killik’s relocation to these new planets, the Killiks hold the Jedi responsible. Once again travelling to the Unknown Regions, the Skywalkers and Solos discover an evil far more ancient and familiar than they first understood among the Killiks. As th ...more
Crystal Starr Light
"How am I to know what the Jedi would or would not do?"

A year has passed since our Star Wars heroes have found the Killiks and relocated them to the planet, Woteba. But now, it seems a substance is destroying their world, and the Killiks once again are advancing into Chiss space. Han, Luke, Leia, and Mara believe that this is the work of the Dark Nest and must figure out how to destroy this Nest, led by Alema Rar and Lomi Plo, once and for all. As if that isn't enough to keep our heroes on their
Standardtoaster
Okay, I'm gonna have to defend this one. I attempted to read The Joiner King, part 1 of the Dark Nest Trilogy, and had to put it down. I never finished it. The Joiner King didn't "feel" like Star Wars. There were no steady action beats, it tried to put focus on too many characters, and it was generally very dull and confusing. This book, however, was a good step in the right direction! As I read it, I felt like I didn't even need to read The Joiner King; The Unseen Queen basically summarizes the ...more
Stephanie "Jedigal"
If you liked The Joiner King, you'll like The Unseen Queen. Similar in quality to The Joiner King (see my review), it continues to have some of the same benefits (ie. good sense of mystery/intrigue) and some of the same problems (ie. less than satisfying treatment of the "foundation" characters).

On plot points, the development of Leia as a Jedi is an "about-time" for many Star Wars fans. And the interaction between Jacen Solo and Queen Mother Tenel Ka is compelling.

This trilogy is a must read
Lane
If you liked The Joiner King, you'll like this book..... but that's not a good thing because Joiner King was nothing special. Honestly, I found this book more difficult to get through than the first in this series for a multitude of reasons. I just feel that Denning really missed the mark and wasn't able to grasp the actual essence of any of the main characters, so it just feels... disjointed... after reading New Jedi Order... like the expanded universe just went in a different direction.

Anyways
Jaime
This takes place a year after The Joiner King, and it's amazing what changes in a year.

No one trusts the Killiks, except those already influenced by them.

Sullustan funerals are interesting. People talking of the deceased can only give a comment of exactly as many words as the dead had lived. Giving an account of their life is an affront to others, implying the mourners hadn't known the deceased. (p 52-53).

We find out that the Dark Nest was REALLY created by two people who ran from and hate Mara
Shara
The premise: ganked from BN.com: The epic Star Wars odyssey enters a new frontier as the heroes of the New Jedi Order confront a monstrous evil–insidious, unseen, and insatiable. . . .

Despite being given new worlds to populate, the insectoid Killiks have not found peace. An unknown enemy has been attacking the new nests–and the Killiks hold the Jedi responsible. Traveling back to the Unknown Regions to unravel the mystery, the Skywalkers and Solos discover an evil far more familiar than they eve
Brendan
William
Troy Denning is quickly becoming a favorite Star Wars author of mine as both this series of books and his contributions to the NJO series were full of action, suspense and surprises. The Unseen Queen takes us back to the frontier between Chiss and Killick space where the insectoid race is afflicted with a mysterious disease that they believe has something to do with the Chiss or the Galactic Alliance. In response to their pleas for help, the usual gang of heroes (Luke, Leia & Han) come to se ...more
Aaron
Feb 11, 2008 Aaron rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars fans.
Shelves: starwars
Yes, I'm reading a Star Wars book. In other words: I'm back, and the Force is with me.

And what a ride it was. Serialized fiction, a tradtion at least as old as the 19th century (and perhaps older, but I really don't know) finds its home in many places these days, but none better than that galaxy far, far away. Excellent characterization of the Big Three, and well-done perspectives of them as well. Also: battle scenes that are actually exciting, rather than confusing! Combine that with a cliffha
Shaft
An interesting read
Brian
Star Wars, with bugs. I'm pretty much a Star Wars nerd so I enjoyed these, but they were definitely a little outside the box. They were not my favorite. If you are a serious fan I would pick them up because the next series (Legacy of the Force) builds off of what happens here. If you are a casual fan, just find a summary on Wikipedia before moving on. Troy Denning, of course, is a wonderful author and everything here is well written, paced expertly, etc. I'm just not a fan of the story itself.
Russell
This was a great 2nd book in this trilogy. It follows more fun antics of the characters in this universe.

It definitely feels apart of a miniseries. Like there are things going on that by the end of the trilogy I feel like will be reversed, or at least not as permanent.

Still though, it's real fun.

Probably only because I've read Other Star Wars books, but Denning does a great job writing this one too.

Jacen Solo is the best.
Ellie
It was ok. I was only reading it because I really wanted to see where Allana came in and I found the part which was my favorite though out he book but Jacen and Tenel Ka didn't name her in this book but I'm sure in the next one they will. Also, it had some really great lines and funny moments that I just love. Mostly with Han and Luke and those 2 are hoots!
Jesse
This series took the New Jedi Order cast to an all to familiar level. I felt that the story was engaging, the characters well developed and the story line quick, but it fell into the same Starwars trap. While a New Jedi Order challenged the status quo and soared to new heights, this story failed to live up to the gigantic bar that its predecessor set.
Rachel
Very interesting, the start of another war. I'm enjoying seeing Leia grow as a Jedi. I am finding Jacen's slow fall to the darkside very interesting. As I said before, his actions are very much like his grandfather's. Also like Anakin Skywalker, he doesn't see his own descent into darkness, only the logic of his own actions.
Priya
Ugh. What did they do to Corran Horn. This whole series annoys me--but I have one more to get through. I'm not sure I like the direction Jacen is going in and knowing what I know about later books--i'm even more disturbed.

I'm also not a big fan of the cover--and bugs (so at least i'm with Han in this one).
Marcus
Volume two was immensely better than the first one, which was mired in boring exposition, but that's still not saying much. I just simply don't find the Killiks to be a compelling enemy. They're too reminiscent of Aliens.

I'm merely reading this series just to get through to the next series.
Ashley
I don't like Jaina and Zekk's mind meld, really hoping it goes away at the end of this series.
Jacen has gone from whiny idealistic brat to straight up asshole. I hated him throughout the New Jedi Order and even now that he's changed and grown so much I still can't stand Jacen Solo.
Gary Varga
Better than the first in this trilogy, this has a true Star Wars feel. Although it lacks a seriously evil adversary who makes you root for any of their opponents.

More fun for Star Wars fans.

For everyone else move along, move along...
Lindsey
Michael
I continue to enjoy this series. The only real complaint I have (other than some of the things mentioned in my previous review) is that Jacen seems very off compared to his normal self.
David
Exciting continuation of the Dark Nest trilogy. Feels very "Star Wars." Troy Denning continues to expand the classic characters while staying true to their natures.
Jordan Lahn
Really loved the twists and turns in this one. Definitely going to have big impact in future books! Looking forward to reading the conclusion of this saga!
Bonnie
The Killiks and dark Jedi joiners are getting a bit tiring, I hope the third one has more surprises and a different type of storyline.
Nicholas
Meh. Again.

Oh and Lomi Plo can use the force to make herself invisible "if you have any doubts in your heart"? Fail.
Derrick Contreras
So I love reading Star Wars novels but this one felt like it didn't belong. I'm skeptical to keep reading more.
Matt Hartzell
Mar 06, 2009 Matt Hartzell rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans
Shelves: star-wars
This trilogy was one of the better ones, and a nice break after the New Jedi Order.
Marci
I loved it, but then again, I love all Star Wars books.
Tony Smith
This was a great seaqual to the Joiner King.
  • Exile (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #4)
  • Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)
  • Rebirth (Edge of Victory, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #8)
  • Street of Shadows (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights, #2)
  • Bloodlines (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #2)
  • Hero's Trial (Agents of Chaos, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #4)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9) Tempest (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #3) Inferno (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #6) Invincible (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #9) Abyss (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #3)