Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)

Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow #8)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  739 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Prilla just can't say no. When Nettle asks her to join in on caterpillar sheering for the second day in a row, Prilla tells a little white lie—she prefers butterflies to caterpillars. Then all the butterfly-herding talent fairies come down with a case of fairy pox, and because of her "love of butterflies," Prilla is asked to help out. But butterfly-herding is a lot harder...more
Audio
Published May 8th 2007 by Listening Library (Audio) (first published January 1st 2006)

Dolly
Feb 16, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We enjoyed this story from Disney, one of many Disney Fairies Tales of Pixie Hollow books that our oldest daughter found at her school library. I have a feeling we'll be reading more of the same.

This one is about being true to yourself, not letting everyone run all over you, and telling the truth. The lessons were good, the story was fairly funny and the book was a quick read.
Eveline
i looove Pixie Hollow!

i love fairy-tales and all of them. And this one, i learnt that i have to be more honestly to the things that i really deeply madly in love with, than the things that i hate most, because the things that we do, the things that we love/don't, it's really matter for us. It's really matter for our life.

Every single thing in fairy-tale story, there's something i can learn from it in different way. Many of people are cynical to the fairy-tale story because it's maybe doesn't to...more
Rachel
Sweet story about one of my favorite Disney Fairies...I appreciated the lessons, not only about lying, but about friendship and enjoying the differences in one another.
Ryan Miller
I didn't expect to like anything about these Disney fairy books. My 5-year-old adores them and has been begging me to read them on my own--not just snippets to her. She sat next to me as I skimmed, asking me if I had reached this or that good part yet. It turns out that these fairy books have something to offer. The writing is solid, the characters are developed and they examine honest consequences to personal decisions without heavy-handedness. Prilla learns to value her own talents and identit...more
an
selalu ada masalah dari setiap kisah dan berakhir dengan penyelesaian na. kali ini kebohongan membawa prillia pada konsekuensi yang harus ditanggung na dengan menggembalakan kupu-kupu. ada apa dengan tabiat kupu-kupu sebenar na bahkan sampai peri bakat mengurus binatang saja sampai tidak menyediakan diri untuk membantu menggembalakan kupu-kupu?

kadang kita memang harus berani menyuarakan apa yang ada di pikiran kita sehingga kita tidak terlibat dari satu kebohongan ke kebohongan berikut na yang t...more
Shannon McGee
Jun 29, 2008 Shannon McGee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children of all Ages
Shelves: faeries
This one was cute. I Prilla is she a fairy with the talent of blinking to the clumsies (humans) mainland and playing with child. This talent keeps the fairies alive because it keeps the belief of fairies alive. I wish there was a little more of her using her talent because I think it cute when she plays with the kids. It had a pretty good lesson at the end too.
Dyah
Prilla is a cute fairy who cannot say no to others... she ends up lying saying she likes butterflies when she actually is not. Later she learns that butterflies like to play prank on everyone... and she is now their primary target.

Well, I do like butterflies, so I enjoy reading this book and look at the illustrations of beautiful butterflies :D
Mindy
Another charming and engaging fairy story that my daughter and I read together! We enjoyed it immensely. Beautiful artwork inside and a great lesson on honesty for the young reader. This darling fantasy story is sure to exceed your expectations with captivating descriptions, as well as a fabulous lesson on telling the truth!
Sydney
prilla lie's to get out of caterpillar sheering by saying she prefers butterfly herding. so when they ask for her help, she discovers the butterflies keep playing tricks on her and she doesn't like it. she fesses up to queen clarion and tells her the truth.
Jordanna
Prilla is often helping other talents with their work. Then not wanting to hurt a friends feelings she tells a little lie. Seems the butterflies are playing pranks on her.
Paige
This book has the same idea of a bad case of stripes. Don't be afraid to say no or be like other people. you are fine just the you are. I rate this book 3 stars.
Olivia
I love this collection of books, very sweet and entertaining.
This is about prilla and a butterfly lie, clues in the name ;)
 [Leena]
These books are short but I love them ! Being carried away to pixie hollow for an hour is enjoyable every once in a while :)
Twyla
it was all about lying and butterflies. it was very very good. I learned not to lie - Auryn (7 years old)
Kayla
Nov 26, 2008 Kayla rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 6 to 9 year old
Shelves: fairy-tales
I very much enjoyed reading this book. Once again wonderful colored pictures.
Misty
Very cute book. Perfect for little girls. We'll get the others, I'm sure.
Courtney
Not my fave of the series... it was a little weak, but I think Syd liked it!
Maria Soraya
huhuhu .. buku adek gw niyy ... boleh juga jadi teman tiduuur
Moral of the story: don't lie, it only creates more problems.
Holly Beely
Another fairy chapter book that my daughter really enjoyed reading.
Annie
I am looking forward to read this!!!!!!!
Liz Lovesrainbows
I do believe in fairies I do believe in fairies!!
Annie
Took me about 10 minutes to read. =D
Jaime
We love all the disney fairies series!
Ari
hmm idk well the book was amazing
Kiera
Quit at Chapter 6.
Michael
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Malxox ♥
Cute book, love the series.
  • Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6)
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Beck and the Great Berry Battle (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #3)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Fairies and the Quest for Never Land
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
SpongeBob AirPants: The Lost Episode Phineas and Ferb Laughapalooza Joke Book Belle: The Mysterious Message (Disney Princess Chapter Books) Hotel Hangout (The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, #1) Thrill-o-rama! (Phineas and Ferb Novelizations, #4)