Start by marking “The Acid Reflux Solution: A Cookbook and Lifestyle Guide for Healing Heartburn Naturally” as Want to Read:

Heal Heartburn and Lose Weight, Naturally

If you suffer from acid reflux, you’re not alone. More than 50 million Americans have GERD, or gastroesophageal reflux disease, and while antacids can be effective for short-term relief, they can also cause dangerous medical conditions if they’re used for more than the recommended fifty days at a time. Luckily, The Acid Reflux S
Published March 27th 2012 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about The Acid Reflux Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Acid Reflux Solution

Amanda
May 26, 2015 Amanda rated it liked it
This book is VERY repetitive. The first portion of the book was way too long and could have easily been cut down to a 1/4 of the size it was. I felt like I was reading something that was geared towards twelve year olds understanding acid reflux. Every chapter was interspersed with the all consuming repetitious promise of eventually getting to the main ideas behind the acid reflux solution on the next page. It also read like what the author had to say about curing acid reflux could have fit into ...more
Donna
Sep 27, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it
This is a very good guide for those suffering from acid reflux and/or GERD. I have a better understanding of why my doctor said to not drink caffeinated or carbonated beverages, coffee, or eat chocolate. I have started following the lifestyle mentioned in the book. I now know what the medication does and I will try to wean myself off of it, and am losing weight in the process.
Deyara
Aug 04, 2013 Deyara rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking, health
I don't have acid reflux so my experience reading this book will obviously not be the same as for people that do have it.

The first part of the book has some description of the disorder and some tips on lifestyle changes you can make to help ease the symptoms. The second part is recipes. While the first part was interesting, the second part was a little weird to me - most recipes had lots of spices and ingredients, though the methods didnt seem too difficult. The author does say that while some
Butterfly
Apr 05, 2015 Butterfly rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, 2015
I have never suffered through acid reflux until about 10 dayas ago, with a sudden and painful onset. I checked out this library book about 5 days in so I was following many of the tips Dr. Rodriguez mentioned in the book, but what I found so appealing about this book was the cookbook portion which is the latter 2/3 of the text. The photos make the meals look especially appealing. We haven't yet made any of the recipes but we bought ingredients for several of them yesterday, so I may update this ...more
Akilah
Jul 13, 2014 Akilah rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
3.5 stars, rounding up

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, so I can't comment on that. I did like the first half of the book with the explanations of reflux and the importance of the diet. Lots of good, straight-forward information about GERD is included as well as information about the different methods of treatment. I also like that the emphasis is not on deprivation but on small ways to modify and improve living with GERD (the biggest of which is diet!). Looking forward to trying some of t
Ellen
Apr 15, 2014 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
Help is on the way!

"The Acid Reflux Solution.
Finally a book that's straight to the point for people suffering with this very common ailment.

What foods to avoid.
To drink before & after meals but not during meals.
Several smaller portions of veg's & fruits each day.

Educational and a necessary tool for acid reflux and GERD sufferers.

I will be referring back to this book as needed.
Pamela
Jan 14, 2014 Pamela rated it it was ok
The chapter sections has lots of informative facts about what causes acid-reflux and tips on how to reduce its affects. The author is a doctor as well as an acid-reflux patient. The information given is based on evidence-based medicine (facts and clinical trials). The recipes are plentiful but nothing special really. I am a picky eater and didn't see anything that I wanted to try. But the tips in the narrative helped me understand and manage my acid-reflux better.
Kris
Jan 22, 2013 Kris rated it really liked it
Gives a good, clear explanation of what causes acid reflux, and presents an easy solution for those (like me) who suffer from it. In addition to the diet and exercise recommendations, there are about ten quick, easy things you can do right off the bat to decrease the episodes (including elevating the head of your bed). But the lion's share of the book is a cookbook full of tasty-looking recipes. Just wish they'd had more pictures of the dishes!
Barb
This book is about obviously acid-reflux as the title says. I'm not sure I really learned anything new except it did explain some things better. It gives you a few tips on what to eat, some explainations of different medicines, allergies, etc. There is about 60 pages of explainations and then the rest is recipes.
Betty
Jun 29, 2013 Betty rated it liked it
Some good suggestions for those suffering with reflux. I would have liked a little more detailed example of the foods to eat and not to eat. The recipes looked good but many have more ingredients that I am willing to deal with in making a meal but would love some of them if someone else was doing the cooking! I do plan to try a few of them.
Amy
Jan 08, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
Excellent book with sound medical advice. The author is a gastroenterologist which means the book is based on real research (no "woo" as is too often found in any resource claiming natural healing). The only criticism I have is that the recipes are pretty complicated. They do give a good idea of what to eat, though, and probably can be simplified.
Shanna Hurd
May 04, 2013 Shanna Hurd rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The first 60 pages were about acid reflux and how to prevent it. It was very clear and easy to understand. The rest of the book contained recipes. Unfortunately, none of the recipes were anything I would be willing to eat.
Tasha
Sep 17, 2012 Tasha added it
Shelves: cooking-food
I do wish every recipe had a photograph with it, but overall pretty good. Easy to understand, straight-forward. Pasta recipes sound the best.
Aj
Apr 10, 2013 Aj rated it liked it
Yet another book on acid reflux for grown, overweight adults. It's hard to put weight on a child with reflux when all the books tell you to lose weight. Some of the recipes may work though.
Colleen
Sep 26, 2016 Colleen rated it liked it
Shelves: acid-reflux
The advice portion was very helpful. The recipes not so much. Garlic ! Tomatoes! Many of the recipes featured trigger ingredients.
Heather
Sep 07, 2012 Heather rated it liked it
Tips & suggestions are very helpful. Some of the recipes will work for our family--not as many as I hoped. But not GERD kid friendly recipes. And not all recipes are gluten-free.
LemontreeLime
May 21, 2013 LemontreeLime marked it as to-read
Shelves: cookbooks
will read this later on..
Erin Wilkens
Erin Wilkens rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Mynkx
Mynkx rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Cori Jansing
Cori Jansing rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Joann
Joann rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2013
G
G rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Jidge
Jidge rated it did not like it
Nov 10, 2014
Carol Treadway
Carol Treadway rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
T. Lynn
May 14, 2013 T. Lynn rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Had some good ideas for reducing acid reflux naturally. I have seen better recipes tho.
James Elwood
James Elwood rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Anissa C.
Anissa C. rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
Jennifer rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015