All Work, No Pay: Finding an Internship, Building Your Resume, Making Connections, and Gaining Job Experience

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Land Killer Internships—and Make the Most of Them!

These days, a college resume without internship experience is considered “naked.” Indeed, statistics show that internship experience leads to more job offers with higher salaries—and in this tough economy, college grads need all the help they can get.

Enter Lauren Berger, internships expert and CEO of Intern Queen, Inc., w...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about All Work, No Pay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Work, No Pay

Barb Wiseberg
Lauren Berger, the founder and CEO of Intern Queen, is one hard working gal!

During college, she completed 15 individual internships, while holding down a full course load and a part time job.

Her drive, ambition, tenacity and chutzpah are all characteristics that today's youth should emulate. By graduation, with valuable experience under her belt, she knew which opportunities she was looking for and put her best foot forward to establish herself.

This book is a must read for kids in high school wh...more
Rebecca
I have been following this person for a while. She reminds me a lot of myself when I was in school, not really caring about school, just wanting to get to the real world faster. And the way to do it is through internships. She has turned that passion into a career and I have to say, good on her. It was a really good how-to book for today's college kids. Not really sure about tomorrow, but today, yes. I read this book when I was applying for jobs (as well as being in the real world for 10+ years)...more
Tonya
Again, I started to skim this book so I could have a discussion with my niece, but it was pretty good! If you swap "internship" for "job" or "position" it's great advise regardless.
Carmen
Moderately helpful. Has some great recommendations about what to wear, how to format emails, and ways to milk connections. The rest of the book is kind of common sense about, "Don't make your facebook picture a drunken bikini shot with your boyfriend" and "Don't be late to an interview." If you're a smart person seeking an internship, you already know half the stuff in her book, or you at least do it because that's what you think could be best. Still useful and had a couple good recommendations.
Lauren
This is a good book to read for those who have no idea about where to start with internships. Those who are experienced though may only find this book somewhat useful.

Also Lauren has no problem in bragging about her experiences. I understand establishing credibility, but it's a little overbearing when you keep talking about how great you are...
Kathy
I love love this book
I think all students should read this book. It is very informative and has a lot of examples and recommendations. This book is like the bible for college students.
I would so recommend this book. On the plus side met her last year over the summer; she is very nice and knows the struggle.
Julia Lashure
Great reference book for interships and job searching.
Andrew Goddard
Very informative and helpful text. It guides you in selecting, preparing, and landing internships.
Hannah Jean
Very very helpful!
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Hannah Keegan
Hannah Keegan marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Rachel Kravitz
Rachel Kravitz marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Jacquaye Jacobs
Jacquaye Jacobs marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Benjamin Rosner
Benjamin Rosner marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Zaineb
Zaineb marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Carolyn Graham
Carolyn Graham marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Dakota Vradenburg
Dakota Vradenburg is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2014
Jacqueline Emmons
Jacqueline Emmons marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Dale
Dale marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Welcome to the Real World: Finding Your Place, Perfecting Your Work, and Turning Your Job into Your Dream Career MTV Europe Special Education Law Social Inequality & the Politics of Representation: A Global Landscape