All Work, No Pay: Finding an Internship, Building Your Resume, Making Connections, and Gaining Job Experience

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Land Killer Internships—and Make the Most of Them!

These days, a college resume without internship experience is considered “naked.” Indeed, statistics show that internship experience leads to more job offers with higher salaries—and in this tough economy, college grads need all the help they can get.

Enter Lauren Berger, internships expert and CEO of Intern Queen, Inc., w...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 1st 2012)

Rebecca
I have been following this person for a while. She reminds me a lot of myself when I was in school, not really caring about school, just wanting to get to the real world faster. And the way to do it is through internships. She has turned that passion into a career and I have to say, good on her. It was a really good how-to book for today's college kids. Not really sure about tomorrow, but today, yes. I read this book when I was applying for jobs (as well as being in the real world for 10+ years)...more
Carmen
Moderately helpful. Has some great recommendations about what to wear, how to format emails, and ways to milk connections. The rest of the book is kind of common sense about, "Don't make your facebook picture a drunken bikini shot with your boyfriend" and "Don't be late to an interview." If you're a smart person seeking an internship, you already know half the stuff in her book, or you at least do it because that's what you think could be best. Still useful and had a couple good recommendations.
Kathy
I love love this book
I think all students should read this book. It is very informative and has a lot of examples and recommendations. This book is like the bible for college students.
I would so recommend this book. On the plus side met her last year over the summer; she is very nice and knows the struggle.
Andrew Goddard
Very informative and helpful text. It guides you in selecting, preparing, and landing internships.
Hannah Jean
Very very helpful!
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Manon
Manon marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Eleanora
Eleanora is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2014
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Leann Luckett
Leann Luckett marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
sarah
sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Amber Curtis
Amber Curtis marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Austin Denesuk
Austin Denesuk marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
MTV Europe Welcome to the Real World: Finding Your Place, Perfecting Your Work, and Turning Your Job into Your Dream Career Special Education Law Social Inequality & the Politics of Representation: A Global Landscape