Start by marking “Even My Ears Are Smiling” as Want to Read:
Even My Ears Are Smiling

Even My Ears Are Smiling

A fantastic new collection featuring classic favorites and brand-new poems by poetry legend Rosen and illustrations by Cole. Includes a CD of the poems read by the author. Full color.
Published February 14th 2012 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens

To ask other readers questions about Even My Ears Are Smiling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Even My Ears Are Smiling

Robert Crapper
Jan 27, 2015 Robert Crapper rated it really liked it
Book review 13. Even My Ears Are Smiling by Michael Rosen and illustrated by Babette Cole
4 Stars
This is a collection of children’s poetry by the well-known author Michael Rosen. With almost 80 poems of differing length there is a lot here for everybody. Michael Rosen’s has a great style, keeping things quick, smart and funny. Sometimes his poetry is just nonsense such as, “A cow is a beautiful bird.” There is some great observational poetry as well, “Now we know,” is poem about small children tr
Danny Marshall
May 09, 2012 Danny Marshall rated it it was amazing
I bought this book for about 5 off of a website and didn't know what to expect when it arrived, all that I knew about Michael Rosen was his classic "We're going on a Bear Hunt". It did not disappoint, this book is fantastic.

It contains over 80 poems of varying lengths and about topics ranging from Pizza to Bus Trips to a Plastic Bag tree. There are also several nursery rhymes and some tongue twisters, that will no doubt have you and your pupils laughing aloud - they certainly got me confused! Ea
Jean
Dec 16, 2012 Jean rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading "Even My Ears Are Smiling"; I particularly like "A Cow is a Beautiful Bird" where Rosen mixes up animals and objects, giving them features which they do not really have. It makes for a very funny poem and the illustrations by Babette Cole are fantastic. As well as being simply very enjoyable, the poem lends itself to interesting discussion about description, seeing things in a different way and so on. The poem "My Tooth" is also fun. Having recently worked with Year 3 ...more
Dec 21, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
The first time I tried this book it left me cold, seeming just too superficial. However, I am glad I hung onto it and tried again, perhaps in a better mood as it was fun, just as the description on the front cover promised "A collection of ear-tickling fun" Brilliant illustration by Babette Cole. It was rather like being present at a primary school poets visit.
Zoe
Apr 22, 2013 Zoe rated it it was amazing
Wonderful collection of poems. Tiny disappointment that they weren't all entirely new - some we recognised as spoken versions of Nonsense Songs - but I feel churlish mentioning that. Overall a brilliant collection that will make you laugh out loud (and quite possibly result in your ears smiling)
Virginia
Oct 25, 2013 Virginia rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I got a book that came with a CD of the poems being read and enjoyed it most when using them both together.
Jag
Jag rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Chrissy
May 20, 2014 Chrissy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: madison-books, poetry
The audio CD is awesome!
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Kate B
Jun 03, 2015 Kate B rated it really liked it
My ears smiled when I read this.
Alana
Don't take it as a judgment that I didn't finish it.
Sarah Flanagan
Sarah Flanagan rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2015
Mari
Dec 02, 2013 Mari rated it liked it
Humorous poetry for children.
Craig Wilkie
Craig Wilkie rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Liam
Liam rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
d00d
d00d rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
ah
ah rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Dizzyca C
Dizzyca C rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2013
Teddybear88
Teddybear88 marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2012
E R
E R marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Harsha Puttagunta
Harsha Puttagunta marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Gabby
Gabby added it
Jun 21, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Caroline Reeve
Caroline Reeve marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Tam
Tam added it
Nov 21, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
azce odi
azce odi marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Lisa Bell
Lisa Bell marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Stephen Morris
Stephen Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
2059918
Michael Rosen, a recent British Children’s Laureate, has written many acclaimed books for children, including WE'RE GOING ON A BEAR HUNT, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury, and I’M NUMBER ONE and THIS IS OUR HOUSE, both illustrated by Bob Graham. Michael Rosen lives in London.

More about Michael Rosen...