Święty Genet. Aktor i męczennik

Święty Genet. Aktor i męczennik

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Genet był artystą niezwykłym, szokującym, wręcz mitycznym. Jednym z twórców owej legendy literackiej był Sartre, a jego książka stanowi właśnie źródło mitu. Krytycy spierają się, na ile obraz Geneta wyłaniający się z książki jest dziełem samego autora, a na ile jej bohatera. Innymi słowy: czy mamy tu do czynienia z Genetem, jakiego widział - lub chciał widzieć - Sartre, cz...more
Published 2010 by Słowo/Obraz Terytoria (first published 1952)

Emily
Mar 06, 2007 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those interested in theories of eroticism and existentialism
within the first 70 pages, this book helped me to decipher my complete modus operendi in terms of socialization. But, more importantly, it's a biographical dissection of a critical and controversial 20th century figure whom Sartre regards as the existential man-- within him, we can find elements of the existensial crisis in us all. Brilliantly written but incredibly dense, its something I keep returning to but cannot read continually without drying out or, conversely, exploding, my brain.
Phillip
Fantastic - I learned a lot about myself reading this book - he starts with the hypothesis that the artist (in this case, Genet) is someone that may have had their concept of the world shattered in childhood, and spends the rest of their life trying to reassemble those shattered pieces through the journey of creative acts. A great study of one of my favorite writers, and perhaps one of the clearest prose works Sartre ever wrote.
Tosh
Worthwhile to read but not as good as reading the great Genet. But it's nice to know that Genet has his obsessive fans. Sartre is a little too serious for my taste, but nevertheless a man of great taste in literature. Genet needed him at a time he needed friends. 'Saint Genet' is a saint, but i don't know if I want him in my house due to the fact that he will for sure steal one of my books or at least a fork and knife.
علی
برای درک بهتر این اثر سارتر، باید با شرح احوال "ژان ژنه" و آثارش آشنایی داشت. ژنه که از نوجوانی به خاطر دزدیدن نان و چیزهای کوچک، بارها به زندان افتاده بود، هم جنس گرایی بود که نمایش نامه های نبوغ آمیز اولیه اش را در زندان نوشت. سارتر و گروهی از روشنفکران اروپایی، بیانیه ای صادر کردند و خواهان آزادی ژنه شدند. "ژنه ی مقدس" که به شکلی تکان دهنده، عریان به زندگی این نویسنده ی زندانی می پردازد، در اصل رساله ای ست بلند در دفاع از آزادی انسان. ژنه پس از آزادی، تا هنگام مرگ، در هتلی در مراکش زندگی می ک...more
Jessie B.
While parts of this book are a bit dated, overall it is a fascinating examination of an interesting author and I quite enjoyed it
Syd
sartre writing on genet. need i say more?
John Wilson
Quite a long read - perhaps a bit long-winded - on Sartre's relationship with Genet. Mainly concerned with Sartre's concerns for the underdog. Very good on how Genet forged himself a sense of self in a world that had rejected him.
Banu Pluie

" Kibar zevkleri olan Culafoy ve Divine, biraz da azizliklerinden, hep nefret ettikleri şeyleri sevmek zounda kalacaklar; çünkü aziz olmak her şeyden vazgeçebilmeyi gerektirir."

// Genet'in en büyük özlemi olan azizliğ tanımlar; kutsal kelimesine günah lezzetinn verilmesiyle elde edilen azizlik, Sartre'a göre dilinin en güzel sözüdür.

Gerçeken de, en büyük kötülüğün tercih edilmesi en büyük iyiliğin tercih edilmesiyle bağlantılıdır ve bunlardan biri ne kadar kesin bir şekilde diğerine bağlanıyors...more
Alex
Part way through this beast of a brilliant book and to say I'm blown away by the psychological analysis which Sartre slowly unveils of Genet would be to water down profusely how I really feel.
Hannah Gill
Hannah Gill marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Mandi Glover
Mandi Glover marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Gabriel
Gabriel marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Elham
Elham marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Rahma.m
Rahma.m marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Klea
Klea marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Kyle Adams
Kyle Adams marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
James Munt
James Munt marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Jacque
Jacque marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Phillip Auberden
Phillip Auberden marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Itai Farhi
Itai Farhi marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Rosie
Rosie added it
Jun 08, 2014
Nephthys
Nephthys marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Tosconauta
Tosconauta marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Mikazuki Apostasa
Mikazuki Apostasa marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
  • Genet
  • The Thief's Journal
  • Concluding Unscientific Postscript to "Philosophical Fragments" (Kierkegaard's Writings, Volume 12, Part 1)
  • The Diary of Vaslav Nijinsky
  • Écrits
  • Literature and Evil
  • The Freud Reader
  • Down There on a Visit
Jean-Paul Charles Aymard Sartre, normally known simply as Jean-Paul Sartre, was a French existentialist philosopher and pioneer, dramatist and screenwriter, novelist and critic. He was a leading figure in 20th century French philosophy.

He declined the award of the 1964 Nobel Prize in Literature "for his work which, rich in ideas and filled with the spirit of freedom and the quest for truth, has ex...more
More about Jean-Paul Sartre...
Nausea No Exit and Three Other Plays Being and Nothingness No Exit The Wall