Start by marking “Immortal Voyage” as Want to Read:
Immortal Voyage

Immortal Voyage (No Uncertain Logic #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  390 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
Immortal Voyage – A Terra Stellar Novel

Before the time of the great pyramids, there was a place like none other, a city of glass and metal rising from the depths of the ocean. Shrouded in mist, the island of Hy-Brasil and its capital Atlantis lay hidden from the rest of the world by its people, a race of long lived, interstellar nomads.

What secrets would you keep to save y
Published June 15th 2012 by C.G. Powell (first published July 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Voyage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Voyage

Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsRisen by Christine JamesCoast to Coast Paranormal Investigation by Carolyn  BennettRelics by Maer WilsonDeath's Servant by C.J. Ellisson
Paranormal Books to read in 2013
99th out of 434 books — 742 voters
Incarnate by Jodi MeadowsThe Selection by Kiera CassEverneath by Brodi AshtonA Million Suns by Beth RevisExiled by RaShelle Workman
Breath Taking Covers Of 2011-2012
344th out of 497 books — 899 voters

More lists with this book...

Alicia
Updated Review: This book has been edited since I originally reviewed it. Since future readers will be reading the newly edited version, it seems only fair that I revise this review to be based on that new version.

First of all, let me say something about the story. I definitely found some good stuff there. And now that the editing is improved, I'm not afraid to recommend this book to some people. The author had a unique take on vampires and witches, and there was an original conflict in the roma
Books
Feb 12, 2012 Books rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Spell checked? I think not.

I have no idea where to start with this review. I somewhat enjoyed the book, but there were so many things “wrong” with it, it’s actually quite sad. The one thing I can say with certainty, is that a good editor would’ve made a world of difference. But instead of droning on and on about the things which brings down the value of this book, I’ll give you a quick run-through of the points that bugged me. Just humor me and let me have my little rant here, about a book that
Kirsten Lenius
Well.. it was an interesting idea...the whole 'where it all originated' part was sufficiently unique and I liked the premise of the book to start with. That said, this story still needs polishing.

I understand that many errors previously in the book have been corrected which is terrific, but there were a few things remaining that made me twitch a little. One, some word choices were poor. For example, vampire's mind control ability was referred to as bewitching. I found that confusing, especially
Lindsay
Spell Checked is a fun YA, and it's easy for me to see the appeal to so many. The characters are dynamic and witty, taking being geeky to a whole new level of sexy. The series holds a great amount of potential.
I did have a hard time with the dialogue is some places. Contractions were missing, which is simply awkward. People don't usually talk that way, especially not the young adults of the targeted readership. Although, I assume the characters are adults?? I was never actually told how old they
Wenona Hulsey
Jul 29, 2011 Wenona Hulsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Almost done with this jewel! Great read so far. I'm enjoying the strong characters and the story.
Ruth Hill
Jul 30, 2012 Ruth Hill rated it it was amazing
I will be honest with you. I was not sure I would like this book. I only opted to read it because it sounded different from my usual read. I began reading it, and it was all I could do to put it down! I absolutely loved this story even though reason would have told me I wouldn't like it. I don't normally enjoy fantasy or mythology, but this book is amazing!

I have almost no criticisms of this book. The bedroom scenes only occur during married people (I am so glad for that fact), and it is very ta
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
At Jael's birth, her mother's dying wish was that her daughters would be able to marry for love and not in political wrangling. She is the fifth daughter, her parents didn't have sons. Her father did not have a clear cut case of who would inherit at his death.

Seventeen years later, the lairdship is in danger. The first two daughters chose their husband's poorly. As a drastic measure, Jael's father arranges her marriage, breaking his death bead promise.

There are many secrets that have been kept,
Olivia Hardin
Jul 03, 2012 Olivia Hardin rated it it was amazing
When I was younger some of my favorite romances were the Scots highland romances. There was just something about those books that made them special to me. These days I’ve become fond of paranormal and sci fi books. Maybe that’s why C.G. Powell’s Immortal Voyage immediately became one of my favorite books. Powell captured the simple and yet noble beauty of the “highland-like” clan system, while creatively weaving in the mythological story of Atlantis.

Powell fabulously developed a wide range of ch
Wendy Mckillip
This story was fun and I couldn't put it down, with that said there are a few thing that made it difficult to read.

Lets start with the good... What a unique take on witches and vampires, very neat! I thought that all the characters were well introduced and they built well throughout the story.

My main complaint was the use of quotes when it was not appropriate... When they are thinking thoughts to themselves and it was in quotes made me have to re-read the lines to see who the other character I
Puddlyduck
For the most part, this was an enjoyable read as Powell created a very fresh take on the origins of vampires and witches. There are some welcoming sci-fi twists to the more traditional Greek myths too (which was a bonus as I love mythology!).

However, unclear definitions between points of view, editing mishaps and lack of paragraphs indicating passing time, made my reading experience a little stilted. More than once I had to retread passages to work out a) which character was talking or b) whethe
Buffy Kennedy
This book is very different from anything I 19ve read to date. Set on Earth, it 19s an Earth that is barely recognizable to what we 19re familiar with as its set ages upon ages ago. We start off from a human 19s point of view, but are quickly introduced to aliens and shown that there will be plenty of interaction as we follow several different characters. There 19s a mystery about the book that lasts well into late chapters, surrounding who is what and all the relationships. It 19s all very intr ...more
Buffy Kennedy
I thought this was a really neat story! Descendants of ancient aliens turning into witches and vampires is a cool concept. I liked the characters and the bonds they all forge. Having Helen 19s soul inside Mae 19s body and that being what drew Beck to her to begin with was an added complication that definitely made for great, though sometime awkward and infuriating, drama.
That being said, I was a little let down. While I was fond of the characters, I wasn 19t invested in them. If something happen
Pam Asberry
I haven't read a lot of paranormal romance, and I was intrigued by the premise of this one. The author created an interesting world, filled with vampires and witches in the unlikeliest of places; the main characters were likeable and sexy, and I enjoyed all the references to history and mythology. Grammatical errors and inappropriate shifts in point of view distracted me from the story at times. But hopefully that won't stop you from giving this unique, fresh tale a try!
Betsy
Feb 16, 2015 Betsy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, magic, irish
This book was a nice take on PNR. I liked the warmth that with which the characters treated each other and I do love books set in Ireland. I wish that the story had more showing and less telling as the plot and characters lacked complexity and much excitement.
Lauren
Jan 13, 2014 Lauren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebies
In all honesty, Im not too sure how I feel about this book. The storyline and world building were very weak - but the characters were all very well developed and all so fun and likeable that it kind of made up for the fact that this book is a wash.

I hate how easily Mae accepted the fact that she was a witch. I mean, she's charmed into feeling something for Beck - he calls her by another woman's name - causes her to fall into some kind of 30 minute magical coma- and wakes up to be told this unbe
Jan 25, 2014 Laura rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horrible-books
Completely unreadable. It's written with the vocab of a twelve year old, and the storyline can be described as nothing if not gauche. Avoid at all costs!
Lindy Lu Reviews
Deep in the Louisiana swamp there are lots of dangers like alligators and poisonous snakes to watch out for. But those were the least of Veronicas worries only she had no clue she had been sheltered her whole entire life but she is about to be thrown into the middle of the craziness all around her.

I thought this story was so intriguing, it had that supernatural flare I love with a little swing of romance. It was a great little nugget of goodness that gets you ready for the next book and it has
Sue
Oct 27, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TEMPORAL TANGO - CG Powell
A spell placed on Tango is about to lift and reveal memories that have been hidden from him, secrets will be revealed .....
****************
CURSE OF TOLOMATO CEMETERY - Mandie Stevens
This is an interesting mix of characters and intriguing story that easily held my attention and makes me want to know the full story about how they came together.
****************
UNFORGETTABLE - Tawdra Kandle.
I loved this story, the whole organisation of supernaturals fighting against the e
Amber Carlyle
Oct 16, 2015 Amber Carlyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As this is a compilation of short stories by several different authors, I'm going to make mini reviews of each short story, and offer a rating for each of the stories.

Temporal Tango (3.5 stars)

This is the first thing I've read by CG Powell. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, but I found the characters and world very well developed. There were several errors that caught my eye, and detracted from the overall polish of the story. I do wish that the author had chosen to use a different method to
Louise Swift
Oct 12, 2015 Louise Swift rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Personally I am not a massive fan of short stories as I like something to grip my teeth in to but as an avid fan of Stephanie Nelson and a member of her street gang I was offered an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

I have read work by a few of the authors who have put this collection of Halloween shorts together and I was quite eager to get to their stories especially Gwen and Maggie. I won't lie I did struggle with one or two of the shorts but only because I have not read the ser
Sue Brooks
Oct 05, 2015 Sue Brooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW - what an amazing selection of stories by some awfully amazing authors!!!

Temporal Tango by CG Powell
OMG - another awesome story by CG Powell!!!
Since Tango’s birth as a human, his mind has been charmed to forget most of his past. BUT when he turns 18, he gets the spell broken that hides his memories. What he learns is amazing!!!

Curse of Tolomato Cemetery by Mandie Stevens
OMG - I have always loved Mandie Stevens books and believe me when I say that this one again does NOT disappoint!!!
Eva
Carrie
Oct 06, 2015 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: calibre-library, 2015
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ordinarily, I'm not a big short story reader. This collection, however, had me eager to pick the book up time and time again. They were all so fun and different that I think I'm also going to do something that I usually don't do - give a review of the overall collection instead of doing them by story.

The theme of this collection was definitely paranormal, with a Halloween spin. The characters ranged from demons to witches and everyt
Terry Crawford Palardy
A trip to Ireland undertaken by two best female friends Gemma and Mae who are suddenly joined on the airplane by a handsome, charming, sophisticated Irishman named Aiden with charisma that attracts both of them is the beginning of this paranormal romance story.

Upon landing, they agree to meet for dinner in Dublin, and he brings a friend, Beck, to the table. The foursome's delightful dinner is suddenly interrupted when the man called Beck is suddenly called away.

As the story unfolds it begins to
Dec 06, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
I loved how the futuristic and primitive were woven together in the story. Until you actually pay a visit to the kingdom of Hy-Brasil that the reader realizes there are beings with advanced technology and completely different life spans compared to the humans who walk the rest of the earth. Camping in the wilds doesn’t sound too bad with a few technological advances to keep you safe and warm.

The love stories that come up in the novel are fun rather than especially deep. There are a few scenes o
Jul 14, 2012 Buffy Kennedy rated it liked it
This book is very different from anything I’ve read to date. Set on Earth, it’s an Earth that is barely recognizable to what we’re familiar with as its set ages upon ages ago. We start off from a human’s point of view, but are quickly introduced to aliens and shown that there will be plenty of interaction as we follow several different characters. There’s a mystery about the book that lasts well into late chapters, surrounding who is what and all the relationships. It’s all very intricately wove ...more
Cat
Dec 20, 2012 Cat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's a lot going on in this book - vampires, witches, aliens, romance, sex, science, magic...betrayal, mystery...probably some other stuff too. The author has given readers an entire history of vampires and witches, which is WAY different and interesting. Unfortunately, it seems that most of the older (vampires, witches) characters in the book are more independent and unusual in their way of thinking - i.e. which friends they hold. Because ALL of them are different from the rest of the specie ...more
Phaedra Seabolt
Jun 20, 2012 Phaedra Seabolt rated it it was amazing
C.G. Powell has taken a very interesting perspective in the city of Atlantis in this story about how aliens and humans can co-exist. The truth about Atlantis is a secret though, so shhhhh! This story is primarily about a family who rules a portion of the world called Eir. The queen dies during childbirth of their fifth baby girl, but leaves behind no sons. As her last dying wish, she makes the King promise to let their daughters marry for love. It's a pretty big deal since now the king has to re ...more
Phaedra Seabolt
Mar 16, 2012 Phaedra Seabolt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful read! I read it in about two days because I just had to know what was happening next. The story moves along at a quick pace without feeling like you are missing any information. You get all the information you need just when you feel like you need it. I thoroughly enjoyed the new twist on where vampires and witches come from (not telling where because you should read it). This story is about how vampires and witches exist in our world (specifically taking place in Dublin, Ir ...more
Merisha28
Sep 03, 2012 Merisha28 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of Immortal Voyage from Promotional Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. It was great! It is a mix of fantasy, folklore, science fiction, and a dash of romance! I sometimes have a hard time getting into a sci-fi book, but I did get into this and it was wonderful! I enjoyed the characters and how they interacted with each other. I just love Prince Sarik! He is to funny. Jael is an awesome female character in this book too.

Jael is being groome
Brianna Kilcrease
The First Line: "Hurry-up Mae, before we miss our flight," Gemma yelled across the room as she paced with her keys in her hand, waiting to bolt out the door of their apartment."

My Take: This book remarkably reminded me of The Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts. In both books there was a witch and a vampire, and their personalities were quite the same. Now, I'm not saying this negatively, because I loved both books/series. Im saying this because to me it's a good thing because I love both stories, th
The Free Book Cha...: Spell Checked, by C.G. Powell 2 19 Jan 05, 2013 10:08PM
  • Bound to Remember (Spellbound, #1)
  • Sword of the Raven
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)
  • Tegan's Blood (The Ultimate Power, #1)
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #1)
  • Secrets (The Guardian Trilogy #1)
  • Soul Search
  • Blood Tide
  • Crescent Bound (Crescent Bound, #1)
  • Mark of the Witch (Boston Witches, #1)
  • Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #1)
  • Dagger Heart
  • Dark Spells: Four Books
  • The Taste of Magic
  • Paramount (Thirty Minutes to Heartbreak, #1)
  • iFeel (Vis Vires Trilogy, #1)