Start by marking “Immortal Voyage” as Want to Read:

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Immortal Voyage – A Terra Stellar Novel

Before the time of the great pyramids, there was a place like none other, a city of glass and metal rising from the depths of the ocean. Shrouded in mist, the island of Hy-Brasil and its capital Atlantis lay hidden from the rest of the world by its people, a race of long lived, interstellar nomads.

What secrets would you keep to save y
Published June 15th 2012 by C.G. Powell (first published May 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Immortal Voyage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortal Voyage

Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsThe Chosen Chronicles by Christine JamesCoast to Coast Paranormal Investigation by Carolyn  BennettCovet by Terri Herman-PoncéRelics by Maer Wilson
Paranormal Books to read in 2013
99th out of 423 books — 722 voters
Revamp by Beck ShermanChasing the Witch by Jessica  GibsonRock Hard by Olivia CunningRock Chick by Kristen AshleyOffbeat Love Stories and More by Jennifer K. Lafferty
Books that Rock
29th out of 37 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Ruth Hill
I will be honest with you. I was not sure I would like this book. I only opted to read it because it sounded different from my usual read. I began reading it, and it was all I could do to put it down! I absolutely loved this story even though reason would have told me I wouldn't like it. I don't normally enjoy fantasy or mythology, but this book is amazing!

I have almost no criticisms of this book. The bedroom scenes only occur during married people (I am so glad for that fact), and it is very ta
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
At Jael's birth, her mother's dying wish was that her daughters would be able to marry for love and not in political wrangling. She is the fifth daughter, her parents didn't have sons. Her father did not have a clear cut case of who would inherit at his death.

Seventeen years later, the lairdship is in danger. The first two daughters chose their husband's poorly. As a drastic measure, Jael's father arranges her marriage, breaking his death bead promise.

There are many secrets that have been kept,
Olivia Hardin
When I was younger some of my favorite romances were the Scots highland romances. There was just something about those books that made them special to me. These days I’ve become fond of paranormal and sci fi books. Maybe that’s why C.G. Powell’s Immortal Voyage immediately became one of my favorite books. Powell captured the simple and yet noble beauty of the “highland-like” clan system, while creatively weaving in the mythological story of Atlantis.

Powell fabulously developed a wide range of ch
I loved how the futuristic and primitive were woven together in the story. Until you actually pay a visit to the kingdom of Hy-Brasil that the reader realizes there are beings with advanced technology and completely different life spans compared to the humans who walk the rest of the earth. Camping in the wilds doesn’t sound too bad with a few technological advances to keep you safe and warm.

The love stories that come up in the novel are fun rather than especially deep. There are a few scenes o
Buffy Kennedy
This book is very different from anything I’ve read to date. Set on Earth, it’s an Earth that is barely recognizable to what we’re familiar with as its set ages upon ages ago. We start off from a human’s point of view, but are quickly introduced to aliens and shown that there will be plenty of interaction as we follow several different characters. There’s a mystery about the book that lasts well into late chapters, surrounding who is what and all the relationships. It’s all very intricately wove ...more
Phaedra Seabolt
C.G. Powell has taken a very interesting perspective in the city of Atlantis in this story about how aliens and humans can co-exist. The truth about Atlantis is a secret though, so shhhhh! This story is primarily about a family who rules a portion of the world called Eir. The queen dies during childbirth of their fifth baby girl, but leaves behind no sons. As her last dying wish, she makes the King promise to let their daughters marry for love. It's a pretty big deal since now the king has to re ...more
Merisha28
I was given a copy of Immortal Voyage from Promotional Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. It was great! It is a mix of fantasy, folklore, science fiction, and a dash of romance! I sometimes have a hard time getting into a sci-fi book, but I did get into this and it was wonderful! I enjoyed the characters and how they interacted with each other. I just love Prince Sarik! He is to funny. Jael is an awesome female character in this book too.

Jael is being groome
Emmanuelle
This is the second book I've read by this author and it is so much better then the first one. The editing was much better.

The storyline was concise without adding too much description. You got what you needed. There were questions left answered throughout the book, but the author always managed to get back to them. Well, most of them; a few were unanswered, such as why Lenni was capable of seeing visions.

I feel like this older setting was a better fit for the author. A modern world environment
Ashley Robertson
Rating 3.5 Stars!
This book is a mythical science fiction thriller with a lot of twists and turns that kept me guessing. Ms. Powell has interspersed several worlds with various eras, and at first, it was quite challenging for me to keep it all straight. Told in third person by several different characters—all of them seemingly consumed with their own affairs—it was nice how C.G. pulled it all back around, but the book’s ending still left me with a few unans
Theresa
In a word, Fantastic! This book is a page turner. The twists and turns keep coming and you will never guess the outcome of the story. It is truly a fantastic read with interesting characters, frequent plot twists and intrigues.

The world of Hy-Brasil is appealing and I wish we spent more time there learning about the secrets of Atlantis. Mostly because stories about Atlantis fascinate me. It is a compelling story of a land that just disappeared.

Jael and Sarik are easy to love as a couple. Both of
Delphina
I am not really sure how I would classify this book. It is fantastical, yet has elements of science fiction in it mixed with a bit of a historical family saga type feel with some para elements to boot. Whatever it is, I really enjoyed the world C.G. created. The way she wove all of these literary genres together, I was not sure what would happen next. This kept me glued to my ereader until way too late in the evening or way too early in the morning, depending on your perspective.

I found the sto
Lisa Markson
Lisa's review of
By C.G. Powell

I was able to get a advance look at this book and let me tell you I could not put it down. It as a fantastic storyline that flows magnificently. The characters were very vivid and captivating. C.G. gave life to the characters and enticed you to like them as friends and some you wanted to throttle to death. But that you will have to read for yourself. She as out did herself this books has a really good mix in it, Jinn, mythology, Asgard, amongst other
Anne Gustke
This was a fun book that contains elements of fantasy blended with mythology and sci-fi. It is very unique, and that makes the book compelling. The book has plenty of romance and battles and fantastic cities, and makes a great quick read. I thought the characters were well written and believable, and I especially liked the heroine Jael. I basically read it all in one sitting, because it kept me turning the pages and trying to figure out what was going to happen next. Some of the things that happ ...more
Lisa Rayns
Captivating!

Immortal Voyage is a wonderful story with delightful characters. Two different worlds combine to make this a captivating read with dashes of fantasy, mythology, sci-fi, and unexpected romance. The suspense and twists kept me guessing and reading until the very end.

My favorite part of this book was the characters problems and family relationships and the honesty in them. To some extent, doesn’t everyone have a family member who’s a dreamer and one who makes bad decisions? Doesn’t eve
Alisia
I really enjoyed this book. It has sci-fi, fantasy and romance, what more could you want! You get to know the characters really well. You also learn about some of the minor characters too. All the stories tie in together so you get the whole picture. They are all likable and fun to read about. I really loved Jael; she is responsible and strong (and indepenedent!). I also loved Starik! He was charming and sometimes sweet.
There are so many twists to the story. The whole time I was wondering what
Spoiledduchess
This is a fun read! There are so many things I enjoyed about this story.
The characters are likable and interesting, and there are a lot of characters. Some get obscured in the background, but the author does a great job at making most of them come to life and be memorable. I especially liked Jael and Sarik and their storyline.
I liked the two different worlds; one is very modern and the other much more primitive, there is reasonable explanation for the differences and it adds a nice layer to the
Melissa Lummis
Immortal Voyage is one of those stories I love for all the elements - the story itself, the characters, the setting, the speculation about legends - Atlantis, mythology, aliens. Yes, aliens. All wrapped up in highland feudal style politics. Throw in magic and jinn and spaceships, and other things only a busily creative mind like C.G. Powell's can mix together so well, and you have this highly entertaining read.

There's romance, intrigue, murder and adventure. What more could you ask for? If you l
Literary  Chanteuse
Although sci fi futuristic type stories are not my usual type of read this book was a pleasant surprise. There are elements of fantasy and paranormal as well that meld together wonderfully. A complex world is created with quite a range of characters and many twists in the story that had me quite addicted right from the beginning. There really was never a dull moment. I loved discovering all the aspects of the characters and the world they live in.

I was provided a review copy courtesy of Book Pr
Lburt
An interesting read. It takes place on earth in a time of kings and before in door plumbing but there are "aliens" there from a ship called Atlantis. Atlantans along with another race called the jinn came to settle on earth. They have magic and technology that the earthlings don't understand. Anyway a lot of things happen in this book. It takes place over a eighteen year time period. I thought some parts of this book seemed rushed and vague while others were drawn out and confusing. An interesti ...more
Jerri Davis
Immortal Voyage is a Wonderful Book that is exciting and different, fun to read. The Book takes you to a New Space Age and tells the tales of a young lady,s life with her friends and family around her. I was provided a review copy courtesy of Promotional Book Tours in exchange for my honest review. I give the Book Five Stars. Thank you. Jerri Davis
Belinda Revercomb
I love reading and I especially love to read sci-fi/fantasy. So, Immortal Voyage is the perfect book for me and was a great summer read. The characters are interesting and complex without out being boring. I will definitely keep my eye out for future books by C.G. Powell.

I received a copy for review purposed. However, all opinions are strictly my own
Craftymom Jen
I honestly have no words for how much I loved this book. It has magic, interstellar beings and Atlantis. My 3 favorite things. The story is well written,the author's passion behind the story is evident and you feel like you are in the book instead of a reader. Really well written and developed. A must read for sure.
L.P. Dover
Amazing book!!! The story was was so different you couldn't help but be interested to see it to the end. The characters were well written out and the book involved all of the characters so much that you got to know all of them pretty well. I loved this book and I can't wait to read more.
Christine
This was such a wonderful book!!! C.G. has created such a wonderful world that is different from your typical book verse. C.G. doesn't disappoint, she leaves you excited for more! I have to be honest I saved the last 30 pages!! I didn't want it to end!
Christine
M.R. Polish
Freaking heck! I soooooo LOVE this book! I love how C. G. Powell twists the reality to make hers seem so real. LOVE the romance.... mmmmm...... great book!
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Aura Steel
Aura Steel marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Spell Checked (Logic, #1) Miss Stake Zero Gravity Cupid Painted Blind Once Upon a Midnight Dreary