X-Men: War Machines

X-Men: War Machines (X-Men Vol. III #5)

2.83 of 5 stars 2.83  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Domino has discovered a dark secret in the heart of Eastern Europe. A border dispute threatens to spread into an international incident. The leaders of Puternicstan have an army of black-market Sentinels, and they're ready to take the fight to neighbors Latveria and Symkaria!

Storm leads a strike team of Utopia's most powerful mutants - Warpath, Psylocke, Colossus and Jubi...more
Published May 9th 2012 by Marvel

Alex Sarll
Possibly the most generic superhero comic I've ever read, and that's saying something.
Mike
This trade contains X-Men (2011) issues #20-23 and X-Men (1963) #14.

I haven't read much X-Men related comics since Whedon's run on Astonishing. War Machines caught my eye and featured an interesting group - the back cover text described Storm leading a team of "Utopia's most powerful mutants - Warpath, Psylocke, Colossus and Jubilee." Wait, Jubilee?! Ok, between comments like that and what I've heard about the recent Cyclops/Wolverine split obviously I'd missed a lot of changes. Since this trade...more
Wilde Sky
This book contains two stories related to robotic enemies / foes.

I found this book quite entertaining with the story from 1963 be the better of the two.
Ernest
This volume contains enough entertainment in a story about Storm led X-Men team against another party who use perennial enemy the Sentinels. There is little in the way of character development or great emotional impact. Rather, readers will get set pieces of action with most characters getting their moment to blast, thump or shoot as appropriate and solid art. This is not a bad thing in itself, but readers should go into it knowing that this is by no means a deep volume and it may take something...more
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Jacob
Public library copy.

(To be read on vacation.)

I don't keep up with mutant titles obviously because this book was a library copy, but this was an all right read. I thought the artist was really good and even better than the story served. I hope the artist gets a chance to work on a title of wider recognition rather than a non-A-list mutant character title.
Shannon Appelcline
I think this may be Gischler’s best volume of the series. Yeah, it’s shallow as all heck and has no long-lasting effects; the characterization of War Machine is also non-existent. But it’s a fun bit of action with some nice continuity via the Sentinels. I also think the team gels better post-Schism, where it was kind of random beforehand.
Daniel
I loved the story, but it was short and I wished there was more included.
Stefan Fergus
3.5*. You know what I really like about this series? The fact that you don't have to read any others (yet) to enjoy it or get the full story. No cross-overs (yet), no need to read other series or Event mini-series. Just good, action-packed mutant fun.
Eric
An average X-Men story. I wish Sentinels were still scary in the comics, but they're not. They're just purple cannon fodder these days. I liked the team setup, but not a lot of characterization.
Chris Lemmerman
Surprisingly good seems to be the watch-word for Gischler's X-Men. A solid, if unremarkable, adventure that has some good battle scenes if a fairly cliched plotline. Not bad, but not great either.
Lord
X-Men volume 3 has never been a good series and after Regenesis it's equally bad as Uncanny X-Men. Piece of crap. At least there's still Peter David and maybe Mike Carey...
Sonic
This was an ok read for something borrowed from the library.

The art was on the strong side

and the writing was on the mediocre side.

I'm just sayin'.
M. Ashraf
a cool story after Schism event I liked it.
For more with Spoilers
Nicole Chiodo
The art is great, but the story is just so-so. It was a fun, quick read, even if the plot wasn't exactly memorable.
Geoff Derks
Bored by this team.
taeli
taeli marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Alex Taylor
Alex Taylor marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Leenie Greenleaf
Leenie Greenleaf marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Fiachra
Fiachra marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Cherbear
Cherbear marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Ashley Perez
Ashley Perez marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014