Fool's Paradise

Fool's Paradise (March Madness)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  11 reviews
'Twas no laughing matter...

When fleeing an odious arranged match, the Lady Elizabeth Hayward found herself under the protection of famed court jester Richard Tarleton. But even disguised as the fool's boy apprentice, there was no hiding the fact that she'd fallen hopelessly in love.

Though Tarleton's ready wit had won him royal favor, his tongue was tied in the presence of...more
Published July 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published February 1st 1996)

Rachel
England 1586

Tarleton is 28 and Elizabeth is 19.
When Beth flees a marriage to an evil man, she finds herself alone and the road and hires a kind jester to take her to hr godmother, the Queen. The chemistry between Beth/Robin and Tarleton is great! The antics they go thru are wonderful and full of fun! Great plot. All the while the jilted bride groom hunts for Robin all over, haha. I am glad Sir Robert got his in the end. I loved the characters of Phillip the Dr and Jonathan the lawyer. They were...more
Judy
Catherine
So romantic! Intrigue and escape in a medieval setting. The hero is jester to "Good Queen Bess" and the heroine is goddaughter to the queen. The heroine hires the jester to take her to Hampton Court to the protection of her godmother after her betrothed murders her father to force an immediate wedding and inherit riches. The jester disguises her as his apprentice boy and they encounter many adventures on their way to the queen. Torn apart by their stations in life, how the jester wins his lady a...more
Amanda Lyons
I'm not a big reader of romance novels but this was great! The twist of the male lead being areal historical figure just adds to it. Well worth the read!
Jean Darroch
very good easy read. Didnt expect the twist at the end not your typical romance novel. very good. I would recommend.
Danielle
I will forever love this book. Sometimes you just need a sappy romance novel. I wish there was more of it.
Connie
This was really good. It was fun and funny. It had interesting characters and I wanted to read it forever.
Im Like
Oct 21, 2008 Im Like rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
I loved this book. I own it and would definitely read it more than once. when i get a chance.
Amanda Wellman
great book to undwind to after finals. generally a good laugh. yay for trashy romance novels!!!
Frances Fuller
Just when I thought I had read the worse book ever, I read this one!
This is my favorite book
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jun 07, 2014
Catherine Luhm
Catherine Luhm marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Apr 11, 2014
Sidonia
Sidonia marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Vana
Vana marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Anto64
Anto64 added it
Mar 05, 2014
Mhollie
Mhollie marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Three Dog Knight (Cavendish Chronicles, #3) Midsummer's Knight (Cavendish Chronicles, #2) Silent Knight (Cavendish Chronicles, #1) Lady of the Knight (Cavendish Chronicles, #4) One Knight in Venice (Cavendish Chronicles, #6)