Start by marking “Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)

Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy #4)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  12,517 Ratings  ·  717 Reviews
For a moment, a face flashed before my eyes—the most hideous face I’d ever seen. No matter how hard I tried to forget what had happened, I saw him everywhere I went. It was Loki—the evil god that I’d helped set free against my will.

I should have known that my first official date with Logan Quinn was destined to end in disaster. If we’d gotten into a swordfight, or been amb
Published December 24th 2012 by K-Teen (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Frost, please sign up.

Carole In my opinion, no.
A lot of important things happen in the one.

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Headdesk Alert!

Next to him, I pretty much faded into the background. The most interesting thing about my wavy brown hair was how frizzy it was today. You might look twice at my eyes, which were an unusual shade of violet, but the only thing special about me was the necklace I wore.

STOP IT, Jennifer Estep. I'm begging you. We're on book 4 now. Gwen's self-judgment isn't even in the realm of 'oh, it's kind of endearing to see how normal and self-conscious she is' anymore. By now, it's crossed ov
Darlalala
Dec 02, 2011 Darlalala rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
BEFORE READING:
Crimson is the color of blood, right? uh oh.
Oh it has a cover! The necklace is so pretty :)

AFTER READING:
Oh there was a LOT of blood involved, all right. Even Gwen's. Who do you think hurt Gwen? Dun dun dun.. Nope I am not going to spoil it but what the frak I wasn't expecting that! Another round of applause for Ms. Estep
I like Crimson Frost because Gwen can actually kick some serious butt in here like a real Champion does. Although she still needs her friends' help, she can hold
Lina Lovegood
Jan 24, 2016 Lina Lovegood rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wieder sehr gut, deshalb 4,5 Sterne
Experiment BL626
In my review of book 3, I declared that the series officially sucked. Crimson Frost is book 4, and I expected that suckiness to continue. And it did for the first half of the book, and then OMG... it actually turned — sssh, careful I don’t want to scare away this feeling — *whisper* it actually turned things around and got GOOD! You read that right, good. G-O-O-D! Say it loud, say it proud. Goooood!

The first half of the book

The last book was so bad it crushed my motivation, despite my friend’s e
Meri
Jun 11, 2012 Meri marked it as maybe-to-read
Mitch
Nov 19, 2012 Mitch rated it really liked it
It’s been awhile since I read the last book, Dark Frost, and even longer still since I read the first two at the frenetic insistence of a super fan (you know who you are), but, for a couple of reasons, I’ve always thought of the Mythos Academy series as dumb fun, not great but not unenjoyable either. Crimson Frost though, I think this series has finally found its stride - this is the first book that hasn’t gotten just a lukewarm reaction from me, because, let’s face it, the best book in the seri ...more
Lei
oh my freak god they need to jst release the freking book already i can NOT wait another week let alone a few months and i read the review and i as stunned honestly shocked staring at the screen and yeling WHY to the gods of book releases then i really got up and hit my head repeatedlyagainst the wall. they tell you that logans dad is arresting gwen and then they just say...oh sorry you can't read the rest you'll jjust have to wait a few months so sorry, i want to strangle someone. other than th ...more
Wanderlust
Nov 09, 2012 Wanderlust rated it really liked it
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite character - Gwen

I love this series so much, i could not wait to read this. I actually did a little dance when i got the ARC!
Was i disappointed? Hell no, exactly the writing and level i was expecting!
This author, wow, words fail me. She manages to pull me into a story so that i actually feel i am part of it. I am ducking when gwen ducks, cringing when gwen does! I was completely connected to everything that was happening.

This is a fantastic book, a great
Katy
Nov 20, 2012 Katy rated it liked it
2 stars for the first half and 4 stars for the second half.

I'm not sure if it's because I read the first three books back-to-back, but I am really struggling with this one.

The first third was about everyone wrongly accusing Gwen of being Loki's Champion and causing all this trouble, and she kind of wallowed in self-pity about how unfair it was, yet, she did nothing and didn't even really try to speak out to defend herself. What happened to the no-nonsense girl that put up with Logan and all that
Patrycja
Dec 03, 2011 Patrycja rated it it was amazing
It's fucking Christmas Eve and I'm thinking that I'll die becouse of books. I'll have a stroke or something could you belive that I'm reading a book and not singing carols or eating dinner with family? I'm so fucked up I cried at the end of this book! Gosh, I think I need appointent with shrink. I was even picturing how this one could go.

Doctor: "What's your problem, hon?"
Me: "I like to read books"
Doctor (looking at me astonished): "And what's wrong with it, hon? Reading is good entertainment"
M
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Apr 14, 2013 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: New Girl?
Rating: PG-13
Thumbs Up: 3.5
Overall: By the end I’m pissed
Characters: Well Written
Plot: How to get out of a jam when your being railroaded
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Alexei

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
Yeah, I’m beginning to think that we are being strung along. Enough already with Logan. I’m annoyed. What kept me going was the promise of something happening. I mean the stars aligned. Yet again, nothing. Sigh, and Gwen continues n
Keziah
Feb 20, 2012 Keziah marked it as to-read
Yes!! I knew it wouldn't be a trilogy. It's just too good. I read the books in record time.
Kristin
Jun 20, 2012 Kristin rated it really liked it
Is this the same cover model? Kinda doesn't look like the same one. (Yes, I'm one of those people who bugs out about these things. Don't judge me!)

4.25 stars. Review to follow.
Amelie
ZUR AUFMACHUNG

Ich gebe es auf, was in die Titel und Cover hinein zu interpretieren und sage nur: Sieht schön aus und passt zum Rest. Und gefällt mir noch immer einfach 10 mal mehr als die Originalcover.

ZUM BUCH

Gwen Frost ist mal nicht der Liebling der Schule, sondern im Gegenteil, sie ist verhasst, verschmäht, bewacht und verachtet. Das war mal ein neuer Aspekt, der wie ich finde einen sehr gelungenen Konflikt geschaffen hat. Dass Logans Vater dabei die Fäden in der Hand hat, das macht die Sache
Kristan
Jul 10, 2012 Kristan rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Kristan by: google?
one of the best books! i love how she played on logans and gwens feelings for each other and didnt just make them fall in love and be together at the start she dragged it on which in turn dragged me along because i wanted to know what happens in the end and because they have such good chemistry her her friends enimeies frenemies the creatures everything.

its an amazing read and i couldnt put the boook down i love the new concept and ideas in the book and how it was original and how she played wi
Petra
Fourth read: July 2016
Definitely my favorite book in the series, and it never seizes to amaze me just how freaking good it is!

Third read: February 2014

Second read: July 2013

First read: April 2013
Cecilia
Apr 01, 2013 Cecilia rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, 2016-read
It's nice to be back with Gwen at Mythos Academy - I really missed this world. Lots are happening in Crimson Frost and Gwen as always is kicking ass. I will definitely continue with this series soon!
Toby
Jul 01, 2015 Toby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bisher der "schwächste" Band, aber immer noch gut. :D
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)
From http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy....

At A Glance
I just love Jennifer Estep so much. I think everything she writes is gold. This book was no different. But you know me. I found one or two things that bothered me. But I still loved every minute of Crimson Frost.

The Good
Here's The Story...
It was all going so well. A little coffee, a little flirty banter, a little murder accusation. Yeah, you heard me. Finally Logan and Gwen had a chance to go on their first date, then the Mythos Academy "p
Carin
Jan 01, 2013 Carin rated it it was ok
Released on Christmas Eve, Gwen Frost’s newest adventure featured battles, love, betrayal, talking swords, plot twists, and a very small dog. While Crimson Frost is certainly the best book in the series, sadly I didn’t like the other books much at all.

The book features one Gwen Frost, a Gypsy (no not that kind) who has magic powers that let her see the memories and feelings attached to things people have touched. Gwen has many friends, all with their own powers, and they fight evil together.

Th
Ana
Dec 04, 2011 Ana rated it really liked it

Crimson Frost is the fourth book in the Mythos Academy series and it follows the life and adventures of Gwen Frost, an outsider in her school filled with kids who are descendants of mythical warriors, a Gypsy girl with a gift of psychometry, and of course Nike's champion.

It finally looks as if things might be slowing down. True, there is an evil God on the loose, but when on a date with Logan Quinn, a girl sure won't be thinking of those nasty stuff. Until everything kind of crashes.

An
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Feb 01, 2015 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it it was amazing
Crimson Frost Review on K-Books -> Goes live February 24, 2015

"What was it with people always trying to kill me in the library? Nickamedes so needed to put up warning signs. Danger: Working here could be hazardous to your health."

Crimson Frost picked up right where we left off, with Loki free and Gwen having been one of the only ones to witness it. This book was absolutely everything that I ever could have imagined it to be. It was action-packed and I could not put it down, I ended up devou
Annie Brewer
LOVE this series so damn much! It just gets better and better with each and every book. Estep is a brilliant writer with such amazing characters and the world she weaves is one I love to visit and stay in. She's definitely got a gift.

Poor Gwen. She can never seem to catch a break from trouble. I love how strong she is, and each book she's stronger and willing to go through hell to defeat the bastard, Loki. I just love the mythology aspects of this series. It's utterly captivating and fantastic.
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Feb 03, 2012 Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it it was amazing
My first thoughts after finishing this books...speechless. Amazed. And holy moly do I want MORE!

The best part about this book is the great plot. Once I opened the book, my feet easily touch the grounds of Mythos's Academy where I walk among the students and drama. Gwen is finally ( believe me when I say three books of waiting for this moment is enough) getting her time with the hot, hott, hottie Spartan. My smile on my face was so freaking huge during these times. They had very few precious mom
Beth
Nov 12, 2012 Beth rated it it was amazing
Gwen Frost, is a Gypsy girl, that attends Mythos Academy. Crimson Frost takes place right after Gwen accidently gives the power to Vivan (another Gypsy) the power to release Loki. Devastated by their failure but facing the future, life must go on... Until the Protectorate, the Parthenon’s police force, charges Gwen with releasing Loki and killing the students that where slaughtered by the Reapers (Loki’s minions).

In a blink of an eye Gwen becomes the most hated person at Mythos Academy, everyon
Kathi
Jul 07, 2016 Kathi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohje was hat dieses Buch nur mit meinen Gefühlen gemacht? :D
Ich muss allerdings zugeben, dass mir andere Bände der Reihe bisher besser gefallen haben. Schlechter als die Anderen war dieser Band aber auf keinen Fall :)
Emalie
Jan 04, 2016 Emalie rated it liked it
I liked the overall story if not for all the repetitions and the really long monologues by Gwen. I can't give it more than 3 stars, but I will definitely read - or listen, since I have the audio books - the next one in the series, because I want to know how the story will progress.
Buddy
Apr 04, 2015 Buddy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
mir War am Anfang zu wenig los. . aber die letzten 100 Seiten zerreißen mein kleines gutgläubiges Herz
Heidi
May 26, 2012 Heidi rated it really liked it
Four stars: This series gets better and better as the story grows darker and more dangerous....

Gwen is trying to shake the memories of the hideous events that ended up almost killing her and freeing the trickster god Loki. She is back at the Mythos Academy amongst her friends, ready to finally go on that date with the sexy Spartan Logan Quinn. The two are just settling into the trendy coffee shop with their overpriced hot beverages, when Gwen's nerves get the better of her and she manages to spi
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Rogue Descendant (Nikki Glass, #3)
  • The Mephisto Kiss (The Mephisto Covenant #2)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Entangled
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Unchosen (The Reaper Diaries, #2)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #2)
  • Elemental Shining (Paranormal Public #3)
  • Eternally Yours (Immortal Beloved, #3)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea.

ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
Jennifer writes the Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series.

The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy killing people and righ
More about Jennifer Estep...

Mythos Academy (6 books)
  • Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)
  • Entangled
  • Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)

“Just another part of that Spartan killer instinct. I can slay the ladies just as well as I can reapers.” 60 likes
“I know that look. What are you up to, Gwen?"
"What makes you think I'm up to something?"
The Valkyrie snorted. "You're breathing, aren't you?”
46 likes