Start by marking “Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream: Sweet Seasonal Recipes for Ice Creams, Sorbets, and Toppings Made with Local Ingredients” as Want to Read:

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
When Molly Moon Neitzel opened the first of her five boutique ice cream scoop shops in the spring of 2008, it was an instant hit with the folks of Seattle. So much so that they've been happily lining up for a cone or signature sundae ever since, and now you can make her delicious ice creams, sorbets, and toppings at home! Arranged in the book by season--with the focus on u ...more
Published April 13th 2012 by Sasquatch Books

To ask other readers questions about Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream

Briana
I have not actually looked through this book extensively, however, Molly's ice cream is fairly delicious. Her Salted Caramel is enough to make me want to keep living in Seattle.

Salted Caramel is the only flavor I get because all other flavors disappoint me in comparison. I usually get two scoops, hot fudge, and walnuts. My mouth is dripping with saliva just thinking about it. Gross AND true. Molly uses lots of local ingredients including milk from local, happy moo moo's!

I'm looking forward to
Magila
Jul 20, 2014 Magila rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference, cookbooks
I found the amount of recipes shared in this to be generous given this is a retail ice cream chain in Seattle. Some of the customers' favorite recipes are detailed. A great ice cream cookbook for those who love bold flavors and DIY kitchen creating. Just a few pictures and picture-guided step-by-step recourse away from perfection.
Becks
Mar 27, 2013 Becks rated it liked it
I like that the recipes are broken down by season. There are some different/fun flavors as well as great standbys. I've made: scout mint, fresh cherry w choc chip, cinnamon, maple bacon, mexican hot chocolate, salted caramel, melted chocolate and vanilla. All recipes are Philadelphia style (all milk and cream). I sometimes prefer the results of custard / egg recipes--they tend to be a bit creamier and richer (of course). Its a good book for somoeone looking to start making homemade ice cream.
Tracey
Sep 01, 2012 Tracey rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
ice cream/sorbet cookery. includes tips for substituting coconut milk for dairy (use same amount for milk/cream; use pure, unsweetened coconut milk; take a little longer cuz of more water content) and tons of recipes and topping ideas to inspire the most fancy sundae ever (even if you never plan to use the actual recipes).
Marina
Almost as good as Jeni's but not quite. The one recipe I did make out of it so far wasn't as creamy on the tongue as what I've made out of Jeni's but some of the combinations are a bit different so I'm will to continue trying.
A-BOMB
Dec 13, 2012 A-BOMB rated it really liked it
These recipes are very simple, but produce fantastic results. I especially loved the blackberry sage and coffee ice cream recipes. I would recommend to the beginning ice cream maker as well as a pro like myslf.
Lacey
Sep 30, 2012 Lacey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love how this book is made. I like how there's a back story behind it, and that the ice cream is in a relatively small portion size, and that there are no more than just about six ingredients for most.
Hannah
Feb 07, 2013 Hannah rated it really liked it
Creamy and delicious recipes! A great book to have on hand for the owner of an ice cream maker!
Beka
Apr 20, 2015 Beka rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Some very nice ice cream flavors.
Abraham Ray
May 01, 2015 Abraham Ray rated it it was amazing
nice ice cream cookbook!
Reese
Reese marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Linda Teng
Linda Teng rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Jasmine Freshwater
Jasmine Freshwater marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Imola
Imola rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
William Nye
William Nye rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Brianne
Brianne rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
mj matsushita
mj matsushita rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Erik Moldovan
Erik Moldovan marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Kathy Zhong
Kathy Zhong marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Lina Itenberg
Lina Itenberg rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
nadine
nadine marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Amanda Johson
Amanda Johson rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2015
NANCY HUFFMAN
NANCY HUFFMAN rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Julie  Webb
Julie Webb rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2015
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Nathan Humble
Nathan Humble rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015