Start by marking “Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream: Sweet Seasonal Recipes for Ice Creams, Sorbets, and Toppings Made with Local Ingredients” as Want to Read:

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When Molly Moon Neitzel opened the first of her five boutique ice cream scoop shops in the spring of 2008, it was an instant hit with the folks of Seattle. So much so that they've been happily lining up for a cone or signature sundae ever since, and now you can make her delicious ice creams, sorbets, and toppings at home! Arranged in the book by season--with the focus on u...more
Published April 13th 2012 by Sasquatch Books

To ask other readers questions about Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream

Briana
I have not actually looked through this book extensively, however, Molly's ice cream is fairly delicious. Her Salted Caramel is enough to make me want to keep living in Seattle.

Salted Caramel is the only flavor I get because all other flavors disappoint me in comparison. I usually get two scoops, hot fudge, and walnuts. My mouth is dripping with saliva just thinking about it. Gross AND true. Molly uses lots of local ingredients including milk from local, happy moo moo's!

I'm looking forward to...more
Magila
I found the amount of recipes shared in this to be generous given this is a retail ice cream chain in Seattle. Some of the customers' favorite recipes are detailed. A great ice cream cookbook for those who love bold flavors and DIY kitchen creating. Just a few pictures and picture-guided step-by-step recourse away from perfection.
Becks
I like that the recipes are broken down by season. There are some different/fun flavors as well as great standbys. I've made: scout mint, fresh cherry w choc chip, cinnamon, maple bacon, mexican hot chocolate, salted caramel, melted chocolate and vanilla. All recipes are Philadelphia style (all milk and cream). I sometimes prefer the results of custard / egg recipes--they tend to be a bit creamier and richer (of course). Its a good book for somoeone looking to start making homemade ice cream.
Tracey
Sep 01, 2012 Tracey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
ice cream/sorbet cookery. includes tips for substituting coconut milk for dairy (use same amount for milk/cream; use pure, unsweetened coconut milk; take a little longer cuz of more water content) and tons of recipes and topping ideas to inspire the most fancy sundae ever (even if you never plan to use the actual recipes).
Marina
Almost as good as Jeni's but not quite. The one recipe I did make out of it so far wasn't as creamy on the tongue as what I've made out of Jeni's but some of the combinations are a bit different so I'm will to continue trying.
A-BOMB
These recipes are very simple, but produce fantastic results. I especially loved the blackberry sage and coffee ice cream recipes. I would recommend to the beginning ice cream maker as well as a pro like myslf.
Lacey
I love how this book is made. I like how there's a back story behind it, and that the ice cream is in a relatively small portion size, and that there are no more than just about six ingredients for most.
Hannah
Creamy and delicious recipes! A great book to have on hand for the owner of an ice cream maker!
Abraham Ray
nice ice cream cookbook!
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Carina28
Carina28 marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Claire
Claire added it
Aug 30, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Tom Floyd
Tom Floyd marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Bryana
Bryana marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jul 18, 2014
Amber
Amber added it
Jun 08, 2014
Julia Hansen
Julia Hansen marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Iman Khan
Iman Khan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
stephanie
stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Kassidy Didomizio
Kassidy Didomizio marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Roy
Roy added it
Feb 10, 2014
Cartle  Love♥
Cartle Love♥ marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014