Start by marking “Markets of Paris, 2nd Edition: Food, Antiques, Crafts, Books, and More” as Want to Read:
Markets of Paris, 2nd Edition: Food, Antiques, Crafts, Books, and More

Markets of Paris, 2nd Edition: Food, Antiques, Crafts, Books, and More

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The food scene in Paris has changed dramatically since 2006, when Markets of Paris was first published. Yes, the same markets are held in the same locales as always—literally, for centuries—but many have undergone a remarkable transformation led by a young generation of purveyors focused, even more than their predecessors, on local and organic (“bio”) produce. Markets of P ...more
Published May 15th 2012 by Little Bookroom

To ask other readers questions about Markets of Paris, 2nd Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Markets of Paris, 2nd Edition

Michelin the Green Guide Paris by MichelinTASCHEN's Paris by Angelika TaschenParis by TaschenFodor's Paris 2013 by Fodor's Travel Publications...Frommer's Paris 2013 by Kate Van Der Boogert
Best Travel Guides: Paris
17th out of 29 books — 5 voters
Crazy River by Richard GrantThe Table Comes First by Adam GopnikHidden Cities by Moses GatesRoadfood by Jane SternMichelangelo by William E. Wallace
Rick Steve's Radio Show Guests
19th out of 31 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Dorothy
Great ideas for food and shopping

I was wondering how, for 6 weeks in Paris, I would eat. My friend said "you won't starve" and after reading all the options for fresh food markets, it's very true. Comprehensive list gives lots of ideas for shopping (both grocery and not) to buy and make things at home -- not just to enjoy the markets and the fresh foods of France, but also will save some money!
University of Chicago Magazine
Marjorie Williams, AB'80
Coauthor

This is a fun, practical guide for anyone visiting Paris who enjoys food and shopping. The book covers more than 120 markets—a combination of food markets as well as flea, antique, crafts, books, vintage postcards, etc. It contains all of the essential information one needs to plan the outings to markets and make the most of one's stay in Paris. It also includes restaurant recommendations and colorful photos.
Dottie Suggs
May 19, 2015 Dottie Suggs rated it really liked it
I was glad to find this book and learn about the numerous market places in Paris. i am planning a trip and one of my favorite things to do is treasure hunt. This book has given me the framework to structure my stay and make sure I hit the types of markets that I believe I will enjoy the best. The format is done my areas of the city with restaurant recommendations to each area as well. Pleasurable, fast read that was very worthwhile.
Lauren
Sep 10, 2012 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Friendly, informative prose that gives just enough historical detail to pique curiosity and interest. Beautiful photos that capture the color and charm of the products and locations. A small format that slips easily into a backpack, yet heft enough to not get lost among the souvenirs. I'll definitely be bringing it on my next trip to Paris!
Polly Vous Francais
May 12, 2012 Polly Vous Francais rated it it was amazing
I reviewed it on my blog here
Kirsten
May 08, 2014 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
Super helpful. Used this a lot during our trip.
Jocelin
Oct 26, 2012 Jocelin rated it liked it
Shelves: travel
Makes you want to hop on a plane for Paris.
Pollopicu
Aug 25, 2012 Pollopicu marked it as art-illustration
Thank you, Marlene!!
Diana
Diana is currently reading it
May 17, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
May 09, 2016
Denise Mcclure
Denise Mcclure rated it liked it
May 07, 2016
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Doug Schmidt
Doug Schmidt rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
William Gratton
William Gratton rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Christine Cieri
Christine Cieri rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Nancy
Nancy is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2016
Loretta
Loretta marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Elisa M Mulet
Elisa M Mulet rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Annie Matthys
Annie Matthys marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Micielle
Micielle marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Carol Patterson
Carol Patterson rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Ellen
Ellen added it
Feb 18, 2016
Jan
Jan added it
Feb 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dixon Long is a novelist based in Mill Valley, California. Before moving to the San Francisco Bay area in 1990, he was professor of Political Science and dean of Western Reserve College at Case Western Reserve University.

His account of sailing around the world with two friends, Westward Home, was published by Carpenter Reserve Printing Company in 1979. His first novel, Brothers, was published in
More about Dixon Long...