Start by marking “Captain Kate (Galaxy Elite Fleet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Captain Kate (Galaxy Elite Fleet, #1)

Captain Kate (Galaxy Elite Fleet #1)

Book one in the Galaxy Elite Fleet Series

Captain Kate Thorn makes a habit of bending the rules to suit her purposes, but then she meets two men who simply break them to get what they want.

Captain Katherine Thorn has one of the toughest reputations in the Galaxy Elite Fleet. Her problems start when she mistakes two powerful diplomats for Rim pirates, and attempts to ensure
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Captain Kate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Kate

Amy
Dec 31, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
3-1/2 stars
I received a copy of this story from Inked Rainbow Reads in return for an honest review.
Sci-fi erotica. Seems like it would be something right up my alley. And to be sure, I found parts of the story great. I love sci-fi, and it did seem like some effort was put into the world-building. And I love erotica and some of the scenes were hot. The problem I had was that the characters themselves seemed a bit flat. Not so much the men, but definitely Captain Kate. In the beginning, she seemed
Adrian Smith
This book would have been a higher rating except for one point. The publisher’s warning stated there was questionable consent; it is not questionable. There is no consent given in almost any of the scenes. Enjoying it does not mean consent, which is where I believe the publisher fell down in their categorization. I have no issue reading non-con. I have issue when it’s not clearly stated ahead of time.

Apart from this issue, the story was interesting. There were quite a bit of politics woven thro
Buffi BeCraft-Woodall
I have to say that this is an awesome book. Way to go Sophie Angmering! I absolutely cannot wait until the next book is out.
Captain Kate is a clever, spunky heroine. (Yep, you just can't keep a good woman down!)The heroes (I say this in plural, because BOTH guys are well thought out characters that complement each other and the heroine. Double thumbs up on Dom and Ren.)
I loved the politcal intrigue and the concept of the GEF and RIM societies. Since it's hard to give a really accurate accounting
Pam
My big problem with the story was that in the first half I didn't like Kate...at all. She could have been blown out an airlock for all I cared. It wasn't until after she was at Dom and Ren's mercy that I saw a change in her personality and found any redeeming qualities in her.

The second have of the story has a few interesting twists and turns. We also get to see another side of Dom and Ren that I really liked. There's danger, passion and a near death experience to get past before these three ca
Carolyn F.
Oct 30, 2011 Carolyn F. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, ebook, sfr
I read this in the seeing stars anthology

Dom & Ren are captured by Captain Kate Thorn. She has this thing she does to keep the captured silent with the threat of blackmail while also downloading info from ships that she can pick and choose to give to her commander. This way she doesn't have to kill anybody which is how the GEF usually handles captures. She doesn't expect to be incredibly turned on or to be made a part of her little powerplay. Really good story. *****
Claudia
I really liked this one. My only complaint is that it was too short. This would have made a beautiful full length novell ...
Angela
Hmmm how to describe my reading experience.... while I like the world Ms. Angmering created I felt a bit tossed about. What I mean by that is that when I was beginning to suss out were we where and what was happening the chapter would end and another would start. I found myself continually flipping back to see if I missed something.

I think the concept very good and for me the setting Excellent but, I would have liked the story to be more cohesive than I feel it was. I want to, by at least chapt
Bookreader
Decent, but it's a really short read for the price. Also, the conclusion of the relationship felt rushed, like about 20 pages were cut out of it. Big gap. Well written, but needs to be fleshed out (pun intended).
Debs
Jul 31, 2011 Debs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part of the Seeing Stars Anthology
Jbeney
Aug 23, 2011 Jbeney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great erotica and a cracking story, more than usual for this type, really loved it, looking out for more books by this Author.
juli
Nov 11, 2016 juli rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This piece of poorly written rubbish was nothing but an excuse to glorify sexual assault.
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Mandy
Mandy rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Beenee Reads
Beenee Reads rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2013
emily
emily rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
Sophie
Jul 31, 2011 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Carla Herbert
Carla Herbert rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2017
Trittany
Trittany rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2015
alex morgan
alex morgan rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2013
TJ-LibraryGirl
TJ-LibraryGirl rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2013
Kelley Nightrose
Kelley Nightrose rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2012
Matthew Finch
Matthew Finch rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Crecia Cael
Crecia Cael rated it did not like it
Mar 31, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2011
Lyndsey
Lyndsey rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2011
Tania
Tania rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2013
Jiří
Jiří rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2012
Arin Ceska
Arin Ceska rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Bastet
Bastet rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013

Galaxy Elite Fleet (2 books)
  • Nell Thorn (Galaxy Elite Fleet, #2)