Start by marking “Stalking Shadows (Scary Mary, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stalking  Shadows (Scary Mary, #2)

Stalking Shadows (Scary Mary #2)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  577 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Mary’s back, and she has to help Vicky, her nemesis. While on a date, Vicky gets into car wreck that leaves her in a coma. Through dreams, she reaches out to Mary for help. Mary isn’t happy to help her, but she’s willing to do almost anything to get the cheerleader out of her head.
Published (first published October 27th 2011)

Sophie Duncan
Jan 02, 2012 Sophie Duncan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Paranormal YA
Well, this is a first for me, a sequel that is better than the original.

This book felt much more confidently written, the pace was better, the plot developed more dramatically, no sudden gear changes that didn't feel quite right (that is not to say there are no sudden gear changes, but they worked as dramatic devices) and the plot did not rely on High School clichés nearly as much. There were some interesting developments on the loose ends from the first book too, character development I wasn't
Grace
Aug 08, 2016 Grace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, paranormal
Unicorn Bait was so incredibly delightful that I read it three times in as many months, and Scary Mary was also quite good. Not as cute and delightful, but very lovable in its own right. However, as a follow-up to Scary Mary, I thought this one wasn't that well done. I guess the whole thing with Cyrus really irritated me. We were set up in the first book to like him, and readers cannot be that fickle with characters that attracted us. And then it turns out that Cyrus is a big @$$ and we are supp ...more
grumpybybirth
Oct 26, 2012 grumpybybirth rated it it was amazing
Better then the first. If its possible this book was even better then the first. You can see Mary starting to really embrace her gift and use it well.

Mary is coming out of her shell a bit and learning to let people in. She is facing tougher challenges and kicking butt.

This story had me tearing up at the end. Mary has gone through so much and mixed in with the sadness and pain she is finding some friends that she didn't expect.

Great story and I am waiting anxiously for the next in the series.
Sharon Jenni
Jun 21, 2012 Sharon Jenni rated it it was amazing
Mary's nemisis, Vicky the cheerleader and most popular girl in the class, continues to harass Mary. When Vicky is injured, the only "friends" to visit her in the hospital are Mary and Rachel (Mary's best friend since little girls). Mary and Rachel volunteer at the hospital and hear of Vicky's accident. When Mary's special ability tells her Vicky is in danger, Mary works to save Vicky even though Vicky has been incredibly mean even forcing other children be mean to Mary. I like Mary's integrity.
Stuart
Jul 13, 2012 Stuart rated it liked it

A reasonable sequel to Scary Mary, though I had the niggling feeling that more could've been done in this book. Too much seem to be wrapped up too quickly. At times it had a short story feel to it. I know this book is only young adult market, still that does not stop the author adding any more to the plot. So in summary it felt more Scooby Doo than Harry Potter.
Melanie Pietrowski
Mar 31, 2013 Melanie Pietrowski rated it it was amazing
wow! Kyle & Mary... who would have thought! didn't see that coming in book 1, but started thinking it mid way through book 2. definitely hooked and patiently waiting for book 3! homecoming! Such an awesome series! Great writing.
N.G.
3.5 Stars
Might contain spoilers from book 1 and 2

Vicky Nelson, know as Mary's nemesis, is in a comma because of a car accident she had together with Cyrus. Now, the Shadowman who lives inside the hospital where Vicky is wants to hurt her, and the only one who can save her is, of course, our Scary Mary

Mary
I understand that Mary is just a teenager, and being teenager isn't a fun thing to be most of the time because everything is like:
Or
But, Mary, needed to realized URGENTLY who was by her side all
Kristin
These books are super short and surprisingly entertaining. I would have finished it sooner but I was obsessed with finishing my latest knitting project.

The first book was pretty funny while still being suspenseful as Mary tried to rid her new friend's house of a nasty ghost. This one was a bit more scary as Mary got the bejesus scared out of her by the Shadowman. This one was also a bit more uneven. I found her grandmother's bipolar attitude a bit weird towards the end. I got what Hunter was tr
LisaReadsAlot
Apr 23, 2013 LisaReadsAlot rated it liked it
Better than the first. Looking forward to book #3. Just wish Chowder would have stuck around. :(
Cyndi
Jun 26, 2014 Cyndi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. These books are just incredible. The characters are unique, and the writing just paints the perfect picture. This book had my heart pounding, and also had me laughing out loud (Chowder has to be the best side character ever). This is certainly a must read!

All issues I had with the first book were fixed in this one. Normally I can predict what is going to happen, but this book threw me completely off guard (much different than the first one). Very well done! I will be snatching up the next b
Danielle
Feb 08, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-it
I hope the author writes more books in this series.
Heike
May 13, 2014 Heike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dieser Teil ist voller Überraschungen!
Vicky wendet sich im Traum hilfesuchend an Mary! Und die ist tatsächlich so großherzig und bemüht sich redlich das Problem zu lösen.
Cy, den ich im 1. Teil noch richtig schnucklig fand, entwickelt sich in diesem Buch zu einem richtigen Blödmann!
Auch wieder mit dabei ist ihre Freundin Rachel, die ihr immer hilfsbereit zur Seite steht; Kyle, der sich mit jeder Seite mehr in mein Herz geschlichen hat, und natürlich ihre Gran, die mal nicht fehlerlos war.
Das B
Angela
May 02, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing

I'm ready for book three.
Sarah Briggs
Sep 06, 2012 Sarah Briggs rated it it was amazing
(This review may contain spoilers).

Anyone who has read my review of Scary Mary will know that I really struggled to finish it because of personal reasons. Not so with this book. I was actually relieved to see the bullying take a backseat and it was interesting that Vicky reached out for Mary's help. I'm really curious to see if Vicky does in fact have psychic abilities. I'm figuring that she must do, if she was attacked as well.

Speaking of Vicky... she actually showed that there was more to her
Aubrey
Oct 23, 2012 Aubrey rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first! I love it! Mary and Rachel are at it again, this time to help terrible Vicky, who was in a car accident with still POS Cy. But now Cy's brother, Kyle, whom Mary rescued from his possession in the first book, is hanging around Mary. And let's just face it, he is really starting to redeem himself from the way he treated her in the beginning of the previous book. While their budding relationship is by no means prominent in the story, it is there and I really enjoyed their ...more
Randi Kerr
Jun 17, 2014 Randi Kerr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel IS better. Lots better... Although I'm still not feeling Rachel. If you even kind of liked the first book, give this one a go. It's still a light, easy read that you might expect but there's so much more character building.

And also, the big reveal is less obvious than the first one. I kinda wanted to hit Mary for not seeing the locket for what it was in the first one.
Lbousson
Mary back at it again, whether she wants it or not! LOVE this series. Great characters, fully developed plot. Very quick read. It's nice to have an author that truly loves her characters they way Ms. Hunter appears to love these. Bravo!

(You may wonder why I give them three stars then?--Maybe because the are so short. Still great read for YAs.)

Three stars.
Amanda
Aug 17, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Great series!

This book picks up where book 1 left off for Mary and her friends. As if being bullied and tormented at school isn't be enough for Mary, the bully now wants her help. It takes some work to figure everything out but with ghost all around Mary she has plenty of help.
Lisa Dess
Jan 06, 2015 Lisa Dess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
What an awesome book! This book was paced well and is another quick read. Mary's character amazes me. In this book Mary keeps her personal feelings towards Vicky at bay and helps her. I was surprised about Kyle's change of heart in this book and am eager to read the next book to see if he is being genuine.
Betsy
Aug 06, 2013 Betsy rated it it was ok
Cute, can I call a creepy, yet hauntingly charming story cute? This was the 2nd, and I'm 99% sure final book in this series. Do you call 2 books a series? Anyways, Mary is back again to help solve the mystery of the comatose-cheerleader-nemesis Vicki, and to save the day for not only herself but for others in need. Sounds like a Nancy Drew novel doesn't it? I'm pretty sure this is the 2013 version of Nancy Drew, "Modern Nancy".

I had a lot of fun with books 1 and 2 in this series, and I'm probab
Vikki Sonin
Dec 12, 2013 Vikki Sonin rated it it was amazing
Gina Clabo (Look at that Book!!!!)
Ok

Liked the first book better this one was slow and just did not do it for me...I will try book three.... Slow reading warning..S.A Sorry I like your writing just not this one so much.....Gina
Heaven Winters
Apr 18, 2014 Heaven Winters rated it it was amazing
Excellent following

Excellent following

I so thoroughly enjoyed the last minute twist threw me for a loop!! excited to read part three of the series!!
Darlene
Feb 01, 2012 Darlene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Yvensong
Recommended to Darlene by: Chris
I liked this, the sequel of Scary Mary, better than the first. The characters seemed fleshed out more, especially those with skeletal structures holding them upright. The story was less about high school bullies and more about a girl with abilities beyond those of her peers. I found that refreshing. Bullies may always be there giving them any attention seems to give them power over us. Let just get on with being alive and in our own power.

So Mary isn't so scary, neither is Gran. Rach is a bit sc
John O'Neal
Feb 28, 2015 John O'Neal rated it really liked it
Nice read.

Good read. Probably will get the next book. Looks like a good series of stories that tie together very well. Easy to read.
Paul
Apr 29, 2014 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I knocked this one over in two days so this sequel must be better than the original. Even though it's a young adults kind of book, I liked it.
Terralyn
Jul 21, 2015 Terralyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think was a great sequel to the first. There was more depth to it and the story was more involved.
Wulan Murti
gemes deh. untung tidak banyak banget halamannya. baca tengah pun nekat.
Melanie
Jun 18, 2014 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Better than the first. I thought the setting and new "monster" was original and lent to a darker feel than the first book.
Kim
Jan 10, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As great as the first one!
  • Descent of Blood (Red Veil, #0.5)
  • To Save The Broken Heart (Dragons, Griffons and Centaurs, Oh My! #2)
  • Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 10
  • The Teacher's Tales of Terror
  • Healed (Rebirth, #2)
  • 13 Drops of Blood
  • Baptism of Fire (Draconi Series, #1)
  • Reason (Greystone, #3)
  • The Evil Within
  • Deceit and Lies (The Black Rose Chronicles #1)
  • Enigma
  • One Million Tiny Plays About Britain
  • Call Me Crazy
  • Draugr (Northern Frights, #1)
  • Werewolf Revenge (Taming the Wolf, #3)
  • Blood Kiss (Nephilim Warrior, #3)
  • Redemption (Lacey Hannigan Trilogy, #3)
  • Chasing Magic
S.A. Hunter lives in Virginia and works in a library. She is the author of the YA series Scary Mary as well as other fantasy novels. Visit her online at www.sahunter.net or email her sahunter@sahunter.net
More about S.A. Hunter...

Scary Mary (3 books)
  • Scary Mary (Scary Mary, #1)
  • Broken Spirits (Scary Mary, #3)